-My Mask-

Beautiful Roses

Chapter 1:

 

-My Mask-

 

 

"How long has it been?", I ask myself. "A year, I guess?", I answer myself. Never really caring about the possibility that someone might hear me, and think that i'm crazy to be talking to myself. I shrugged and laughed at myself. 'Maybe I really am crazy', I thought, while reaching for a Rose Hair Accessory.

 

-2 Years Ago-

 

"What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?", the person asked me, while smirking. I just laughed at him. 'Hmmm.. I didn't expect him to be here today though', I thought to myself. I walked in and passed through him, not even sparing him a glance. "You know, you really at this. Your pickup lines are too old and boring.", I said, while laughing. He growled. I looked back to see that he was mad. I just laughed even more. "Hey!! Don't make fun of me, woman!", he growled. "Hai, hai. Gomen. But it was just too funny~!", I laughed again. "I mean, come on, i'm not the type who gets all dreamy-like just because they saw you. You should know that very much, shouldn't you?". There was silence.

 

"Yes, I know miss 'I'm Not Interested In Relationships'-san.", he said, while smirking. "But you know, even though you say that, I just know that you like 'him' very much, don't you?". 'He was 'smirking'!! I can't believe this guy!! He never knows when to quit, does he?', I thought to myself. I frowned. "I told you, this has got nothing to do with 'him'!", I told him, still keeping the frown in my face. He walked closer and touched my chin. He tilted my head upwards so that I was looking him straight in the eyes. "You shouldn't be lying, you know.", it was more of a statement than a question. "I can clearly see through that mask you're wearing. I've known. I always have. Ever since that day I first introduced him to you, am I correct?" There was silence once again.

 

I couldn't move. He really did see right through me. My head was blank. Nothing. I couldn't think about anything. It was as if time stopped, and my 'mask', a mask that was very strong, broke. When I finally came back to my senses, I slapped his hand away. I glared at him. He just smirked. 'How repulsive! This makes me so mad!! I can't believe this guy!!', I thought to myself while fuming. He smirked even more. "I can't believe you're my friend!! How did we even become friends in the first place?!", I shouted, not caring even in the least bit that we were in a bar, with lots of people. "Hohoho, you know me very well, 'kawaii-neko-chan'.", he said while smirking. 'I can't believe he's calling me that!! 'kwaii-neko-chan'?! What kind of name is that?!', I thought to myself. "But you know, we're in a bar, remember? You shouldn't be shouting like that..", he continued, while smirking, again. "You see, my 'kawaii-neko-chan'," 'He's calling me that again!!', I thought. "Even though you ask me that, I know that you know very well how we became friends, isn't that right, ne?", he said, while tilting his head to he side and acting so innocently. 'Ugh!! Oh. My. Gosh. I can't believe this guy!!', I thought, while fuming. I frowned. 'It's true, I do know how we became friends. It was in a bar much like this. A few years ago... I was lost, and didn't know where else to go. When I thought I lost all hope, I found a bar. I didn't know what it was at first, but when I went inside, everything became clear.'

 

 

-End of Chapter 1-

 

 

Author: Ok, so now what?

Makoto: Hey.. I can't believe that you're making another one of you stories, and to top it off, now you're putting it in the net?!?!

Author: Oh come on!! This isn't one of "my stories"! This is a fanfiction! Though I'm not sure that anyone is willing to read this.. *laughs*

Makoto: I sure hope no one does! Che! *glares*

Author: Oh come on! Don't be like that... Anyway, this isn't for me.. *looks away*

Makoto: Ok, I get it.. Now work on the second chapter, will ya??