Graduation and our feelings

Rabin Drabbles

4. Graduation and our feelings

 

 

Graduation is approaching. Wonshik soon will have to say goodbye to the memories he had for four years with his friends, his teachers, and Hongbin. He will leave. He chose an university far away from this city, to get away from his unwanted feelings, and he will get to live with his parents close to the sea. Everything is going to be perfect.

 

However, Hongbin approached him while he's having his alone time at the school's third floor balcony, looking down at people's movements from above. He suddenly hears Hongbin's deep voice calling his name and light footsteps coming his way. Wonshik found himself sweating. He doesn't know what he is thinking anymore, his mind is blank, his palms are slippery, his feet suddenly feel like bending down. Hongbin smiles that beautiful smile of his, blinks a few times and punches Wonshik's arm lightly when notices his friend not paying attention. Hongbin is again with just one smile, making him doubting his thoughts about the future, the university far from Seoul, the house of his parents near the sea, the feelings about his friend that might never get replied.

 

"Wonshik ah." Hongbin speaks up after a moment of silence.

 

"Ah.. Sorry. What did you need?" Wonshik carefully turns to meet his friend's eyes, releasing the tension suddenly built up in his muscles.

 

Hongbin slightly raises up his left eyebrow, seems surprised with his friend's unwelcoming question, "Will you tell me now? The secret that you kept all these years?"

 

Wonshik blinks out of confusion. Secret? His feelings? Since when did he know? Why so sudden? Wonshik silently tells himself to stay calm, and keep this secret hidden forever if he can. He looks at Hongbin and starts to laugh loudly, uncontrollably clapping and slapping his thighs, ignores the fact how he must be looking like a fool in the latter's eyes.

 

"So he really did it? Woahh. We made a bet but I never knew he actually did it!" Wonshik raises both hands to wipe out the non-exist tears at the corner of his eyes.

 

Continue with Hongbin's clueless expression, he makes up a story in his mind "Hakyeon hyung said if I can't pass Beginning Art with an A, then he will embarrass me by a gay rumor. I guess he chose you?"

 

"Are you sure Wonshik?" Hongbin starts again. He suddenly sounds so threatening to Wonshik, even when the words came out of his mouth so lightly.

 

He doesn't say anything, just nods.

 

"Don't get any ideas out of it. I'm not that kind of person." Wonshik speaks and looks forward, obviously avoiding his friend's gentle eyes. He then says something about good luck and farewell, although Wonshik doesn't want to register any of that inside his head. He only turns to his right when the footsteps can't be heard anymore. Hongbin's tall figure with his small back urges him so badly to go and hug him tight, to tell him that he lied, that he actually wants to make him his, to kiss those lips, and to--.

 

And Wonshik runs with all his might, not wanting to think again about what he is now going to do. He runs and shamelessly hugs Hongbin from behind, his arms lock tightly Hongbin's small waist, not ever wanting to let go.

 

 

"I like you, Lee Hongbin, I like you."

 

"I know."