Songs Of The Sea

Oops!

Hong Ji-Ae:

Seungcheol oppa took me to Busan that day. Together with Jeonghan oppa and Josh. I held Josh's arm and walked along the beach with barefoot while Jeonghan oppa and seungcheol oppa waited on the other side. They told me to settle thing with Josh since I haven't told him anything about my worries and Jeonghan oppa told me that Josh worried about me by a lot. I was not ready yet, telling him that he would have to send me away. But i need to prepare his heart, to let me go with smile in his face. because i don't want anyone crying in my funeral. even if it's my love lee chan, i don't want him to cry.

"Josh," I recited gently, hugging his arm.

"Hmm?" he hummed.

"I went to the hospital last week, and the result came out. and it bothers me to tell you the truth for the past few days," I explained.

"That's why you kept that yourself and space out from us?" He asked and stopped his steps.

"Mmhm. I thought i should wait but i cant, I'm dying, Josh," I looked down as the sunset ray showered us.

"No you don't, Jade. You lied right," He shook his head in denial.

"It's killing me slowly, Josh," I said as i told him every pieces of the results.

"Jade," He hugged me and cried.

"Please don't cry. I'll take the chance to cure the tumor, Josh," I said, hugging him.

"Why can't you tell me anytime sooner? when is the scheduled surgery?" Josh asked.

"I don't know yet. still asking myself for that bigass bravery," i said, leaning on his chest. "I'd hope you, Seungcheol oppa and Jeonghan oppa would be there. at least if i happened to forget everyone, you three are still inside my brain and heart," i continued.

"Chan? what about chan?" Josh asked.

"I still am mad at him. and i want him to focus on his career path. i don't want to bother him with these thoughts of not having me beside him." I explained.


Joshua Hong:

Four weeks after Jadelyn's confession about her condition:

It was hitting me on the head knowing my sister is facing her hard time alone. She cried on her own. she kept everything herself. for almost two weeks. although it was an important choice, she chose to delay it for the sake of my career. my concert. and now, although it wasn't too late for me to know about her condition, it still hit me hard on my conscience. i should have known it was more than just a catfight with her boyfriend. it was more serious than just a fight becaus she wanted more attention. i couldn't imagine my life without her. she was always a great girl. The fact that she had to shave her head bald before the surgery was still hard for her. she had never had a hair cut shorter than the shoulder length bob cut. and now, she gotta shave bald, it concerned me a lot.

Mom gave me the rights to take care of her and i am practically her guardian in Korea. I accompanied her to the hospital that day, right a week after she told me the result. the four of us went to the hospital, Me, Jade, Seungcheol, and Jeonghan. after series of health check, she was acclaimed okay to do the surgery. the surgery will take time a day after she admitted into the hospital. and that day, she used my hand to cover her eyes when the doctors shaved her head bald. she cried. it hurts me seeing her like this. but i gave her an A+ for her courage. The surgery went for 9 hours. the doctors succesfully removed the tumor from her. however, her condition is still unstable. the doctors also told me that she would have a partial amnesia. she will forget the memory for the last one year. This means, she would never see Chan as her boyfriend, anymore.

She was transferred to her room after the surgery team claimed her condition stable. The three of us went to her room and took turns to watch over her. the next day, I was surprised i found Seokmin and Soonyoung rushing to the hospital and panickingly looked for her. it seemed that they had found out about her condition. Soonyoung cried so hard when he found her still laying there without any signs of waking up.

"Hong Ji-Ae," Seokmin looked at her, his eyes were watery.

"Wake up, little girl," Soonyoung said, holding her hand.

"Soonyoung ah, i had bad news about her," I looked at him.

"The doctors said she would have no idea about the recent one year," I looked down.

"That means she would still remember about everyone but she wouldn't be able to remember that chan and her had something between them," He concluded.

"I guess that's so," Jeonghan added as he finished his shower.

"Chan would be hurt if he knew about this," Soonyoung said with a concerned look.