New Year's Eve

Oops!

Soonyoung:

The concert has just ended. However, we still had one thing to do that day. We had to attend and perform on MBC "Music Festival", the peak of all new year celebrations. The company allowed us to take Ji-Ae along with us. At least, I could do my best to contribute in making her happy again, as many people have seen, she hadn't been in a good shape these days, not physically but i knew she worried a lot about her and Chan. Yesterday, Seungcheol hyung took her to the beach and talked to her. unfortunately, she didn't talk much there. She did cry. She did painfully whined to Cheol hyung, but that's it. I can't see anywhere better about that. that didn't bring any change to her. her eyes are still weary.

Today, we took her here not for nothing, we wanted to help her. but look at Jisoo hyung, he definitely is hopeless about his own sister. He could just look at her, trying to send telepathy to her but i don't think she is in the mood of that kind of stuffs these days. The only person taking action to cure her is seungcheol hyung. He came close to Ji-Ae, embracing his arms around her, just like what he did to everyone of us whenever one of us felt out of place. and he did that just like an older brother to Ji-Ae. at once, every inch of the maknae soul of Choi Seungcheol vanished away. She cried. In seungcheol hyung's arms. as much as that hurts me, i knew Chan always felt that pain everytime she cried. and what i saw next was another heartfelt moment. at the background of the crying Ji-Ae, Jisoo hyung silently teared up under his hood. Their Telepathy actually worked.

"Soonyoung ah, can you please give me tissues," Seungcheol hyung

"Sure hyung," i handed in the tissues.

"Now that you started opening up, will you tell me anything bothers you?" Seungcheol hyung asked Ji-Ae.

"..." she continued crying, crashing her face into seungcheol hyung's chest. she took the last fight too hard. Chan loved her, he felt bad for her, but he couldn't make it up to her, she had been avoiding Chan since eternity.

"Ji-Ae ah, please, dont cry," Seungcheol hyung rubbed her back to soothe her.

"Jisoo ya," Jeonghan hyung peered to Jisoo hyung and hugged him. "She will need a time to be alone, don't take it so hard. I knew she doesn't want to give you a lot of thinking time aside from arranging our songs with jihoonie," he continued.

"I am failing as her brother, Jeonghan ah," Jisoo hyung said.

"No, I know you more than everyone else. she just needs her time to clean her thoughts to be able to talk to you," Jeonghan hyung patted Jisoo hyung's back.

 

I wasn't aware that Ji-ae left her bag beside me and there was an envelope from the university hospital. i wonder what was inside so i pulled out as nobody seem to recognize what i was doing. i began going through the sheets. it seemed that she had been secretly going to the hospital without us. there were some tests results inside the envelope. she had been doing several major check ups lately i recognized. but the test result weren't too good to be shared. and it left me speechless. her heart condition is not good, she also has tumor inside her brain and it took my soul away knowing that such a pretty and lovely angel like her such a hard and bumpy life.

"What is that, hyung?" Seokmin came to see what i was reading.

"Uh, no-nothing," I stuttered.

"Hong Ji-Ae?" he said under his breath.

the next thing i found, the loud happy virus turned silent and dark. "Is this report even valid, hyung?" He asked in a denial tone.

"I hope it was not true as well, Seokmin ah," I said as i put everything back into the envelope and back into her bag neatly.


Hong Ji-Ae:

I wasn't supposed to show my worries to everyone. it was not a good time to give them such hard times. somehow, they will find this anyways. I knew Soonyoung oppa or someone would be able to read the situations. and today, Seungcheol oppa brought me into his embrace, hugging me, letting me cry for the whole day. it was not that i am worried everyone will be angry about it. i am just afraid they will be even sadder if they knew about it. beside it's newyear's eve and i don't really want to ruin the festivity of a mood. but i think of them all, Josh has to know about it.

"Seungcheol oppa, the test results came in," i tried explaining in a low tone.

"Test?" he asked.

"The medical tests, oppa," i said.

"Then, why did it bother you?" he asked.

"I am counting the last years of my life," i looked down. "There is tumors in my brain, and my heart condition wasn't that great." i continued, hugging him, i don't want them to see me crying.

"Ji-Ae ya," he hugged me tight. "I don't know it was that hard for you."

"Seungcheol ah, what happened to Jiae?" Jeonghan oppa  came approaching us.

"Nothing, she's just taking too much of everything now, Jeonghan ah," seungcheol oppa tried covering up for me.

"Jiae ya, gwenchana?" The genuine face of Yoon Jeonghan appeared in front of me.

"J-Jeonghan oppa," i gasped and hid my face in seungcheol oppa's embrace.

"What happened to you?" he asked.

"I-I.." I stuttered. "Jeonghan ah, I'll tell you in a while for now let her be alone with me and keep her things away from chan," Seungcheol said thoughtfully as he hugged me protectively.

"Okay," Jeonghan oppa took my bag and secured it when he found the envelope. "Jiae, are you really okay?" he asked as he found out the medical report.

"Let me see that, Jeonghan ah," Seungcheol oppa asked as jeonghan oppa handed the envelope.

Seungcheol oppa and Jeonghan oppa read them thoroughly as both of them studied everything. as soon as they finished reading, both of them hugged me tight and cried with me.