A QUALIFICATION AS A DATE FOR MY BROTHER

A QUALIFICATION AS A DATE FOR MY BROTHER

 

THURSDAY`S MORNING:
 

“That`s him?”

“Yeah, he`s cute, isn`t he?”

Lee Gikwang looked at Dujun, whom he knows for only two weeks with wide open eyes and hanging mouth. Dujun was a new transfer student in his class. Being his new friend, Gikwang admitted that this guy was handsome, charismatic, and a little bit silly but now, Gikwang know for sure Dujun have a very good taste in choosing man.

Gikwang placed his attention back to a boy that sat two tables next to their right. He secretly observed the orange-haired boy sipped his juice happily, like it was the best thing in the world. The irritating noisy sound emitted from the students that occupied the large café do not seems to disturb him.

Gikwang bite his strawberry-flavored chocolate bar nervously. Seeing that guy, sent shivers to his spine because whenever he saw Yong Hyunseung, in a flash, he will mentally saw another guy. A scary guy. Very.

“Dude, do you realize that his was our school Student Council`s President?”

Dujun stopped himself from biting his fingers and try to chase away the tiny blush formed on his cheeks, as a result of staring at his new crush. He quickly turns his head back to Gikwang, faced him.

“Of course I know. But, there`s no rules in our school stated that we cannot take President of Student Council as a date to the prom night, right?” Dujun knitted his brows.

Gikwang sighed. This dude, seriously.

“I already put a letter in his locker this morning.”

“WHAT??!!”

Gikwang placed a hand over his mouth, shocked at how loud he had been.

“What wrong with you? I only ask him as a date.”Dujun hissed.

“Dujun, he was our Principal`s son!”
 
“So?”Dujun shrugged. Still not impressed. Ok, Principal`s son. Not Hitler`s son.

“So?!! Are you ready to face Junhyung?”Gikwang leaned forward, whispered almost nervously.

“Junhyung? Who?” Dujun tilted his head, innocently.

Oh, crap, I forgot. He`s new.


***
 
 

THURSDAY`S EVENING:
 

Yoon Dujun scrambled at the corner of the big field, loosened his football shoe`s ties, and settled himself down on a dusty white bench. Catching his breath, he mopped the sweat off his neck with his green bandana. A steady wind blowing across the wide school field plucked at his bangs, cooling him after the hot, tiring two hours of football practice. He watched tiredly at Mir, Jinwoon, Captain Seungho and Leejoon as they were still practicing penalty kick.
  
Exhausted, but he was still so into his team mate`s kicks and enthusiastic screams, not aware that two pair of eyes was watching him, stared at him fiercely. Actually only one did the staring part.

“That`s him?”

“Yeah, he`s hot, isn`t he?”

Junhyung twitched at Yang Yoseop`s words. Automatically, the baby-faced boy being rewarded with a punch on his shoulder.

“Ouch, that`s hurt, Junhyung!” Yoseop cried, rubbed his shoulder vigorously. 

“Shush! Be quiet. He might hear us!” Junhyung ducked down quickly, brought Yoseop`s head lower. They crouched behind the bushes, not far from the bench Dujun was sitting.
  
“I`m not the one who asked your beloved twin as his date!!”Yoseop still annoyed.

“Shut up! I`m so freaking pissed right now!” Junhyung defend himself effortlessly.
 
That Yoon Dujun guy seriously disturbed his day this morning. Junhyung well-aware that almost every students in this all-boy high school dreaming on taking his elder twin brother as their date for the Annual Prom Night that will be held the day after tomorrow.
 
Whenever he walked together with Hyunseung, which is it was like almost every moments, Junhyung sensed and saw the looks and the glances that being throw onto Hyunseung. Some of them not even being scared of Junhyung`s death glare and killing auras. Junhyung was like “How dare you look at my Hyunseung like that??!!”

So, started last month, when students began to prepare for the big event, Junhyung went to the school earlier every morning than Hyunseung, secretly checked his twin`s locker and bingo!

A bunch of love letters and even flowers (I can`t believe this! Is Hyunseung a girl??!! I admitted that my hyung was really pretty but he was a freaking guy. Are you telling me that I, Yong ‘Joker’ Junhyung a girl too??!!).

All the sender of the letters was asking Hyunseung to be their date. How did Junhyung know this? It easy. Of course, he opened the entire letters by himself and thrown them mercilessly, burned them with jealousy. Ha. Ha. Ha.

“You said you already taken care all the letters. How this one escaped into Hyunseung`s hand?” Yoseop went on. They began to move slowly out from their hiding, walked together toward the school parking lot where Yoseop placed his bicycle.

“Gahh!!! I don`t know why I so careless this time.” Junhyung sound very annoyed. He kicked every object that got on his way.

“ I should not stop checking Hyunseung`s locker until this Saturday. I predicted there will be no more letters since the prom night was just around the corner..But…gahhhh!!!”

Yoseop sighed at the sight of regretful Junhyung scrubbing his hair, frustrated. He took a key from his backpack, unlocked the chain he used to lock his ride.

“Gosh, Junhyung. Take it easy. It`s not the end of the world. I really think Hyunseung will just ignore him, just like what he done to Jiyong-sunbae and Seunghyun-sunbae last year.”

Junhyung made a face that Yoseop thought the taller boy will burst into tears in no time.

“Wait, don`t tells me…”
 
 

***
 
 
FRIDAY`S MORNING: 
 

“You…you want to meet Yoon Du..Dujun?..But, but why?..”Yonghwa can`t helped but to ask the doe-eyed boy.

“Enough with the question. Just get him here.”Junhyung felt angrier than before. He began to regret his decision to accompany Hyunseung here. But, he guess he got no choice. Although, he well-known he will be burned with jealousy, witnessed his precious twin with his date-to-be, Junhyung will not let it slip away that easy. At least, not for that Yoon guy.

“Junnie, behave yourself.” The president scolded the younger, only resulted in Junhyung to show his perfect teeth before darted his tongue mockingly.
  
Dujun came nervously after that. Along with ear-to-ear silly smile and blushed cheeks that as red as a tomato.

“You..You want to meet me?”Dujun asked with a shaking voice. He felt a knot in his throat, forced him to sweat. They were at the class`s entrance, with dozens of eyes watched them with deep interest. One of them was Gikwang. But, Gikwang more interested to observed Junhyung`s annoyed face than Hyunseung`s shy and dazzling smile. He more mattered to watch ‘Oh! Finally, Joker had to let go his Prince Jang’ show than watched ‘Noooooo!!!! Our Prince Jang had a date!!!!’ show. Kind of.

“I read your letter.” Hyunseung went on shyly. His grip on Junhyung`s blue uniform became tighter. Both the Jun noticed it.
  
“Really? Thank…Thank you very much.” Dujun replied; know no other better word to say. He scratched the back of his head, felt very blessed to watch Hyunseung`s face this close. 

When he bumped into Hyunseung last week, the only thing that catch his sight was Hyunseung`s bright orange hair and his beautiful lips, apologized madly before he bent down to pick up his stuff that scattered on the floor and vanished into the corner, left Dujun sat like an idiot on the tiled ground. Dujun did not care to shout “You jerk!!” because that pretty boy make no effort to help him at all. Dujun know, very know for sure. And Dujun suddenly believe what other people said; Love at first sight.

Yong Hyunseung smiled brightly. He really likes this guy. Hyunseung`s first impression toward Dujun; manly and very charming but cute at the same time. So much similarity with his younger twin brother. Like his Junhyung, Dujun also gave out a bad boy vibes when actually he was a nice and kind guy. 

Hyunseung suddenly stretched out his long arms, slender fingers aimed for Dujun`s loosen red tie. He playfully fixed the tie, earned a loud groans and soft screams from the audiences around them, a giggled Gikwang and an overly-jealous Junhyung. A total chaos. 

“So, see you tomorrow night.”Hyunseung simply said before turned around, start to walk away from the class, brought Junhyung with him.

Dujun felt dizzy.

“I…I`ll pick you up!!”Dujun finally managed a reply.

Hyunseung looked back and winked. Junhyung looked back and glared. 
 


***
 

FRIDAY`S EVENING:

 
Gikwang just about to ride his grey bicycle when large, tough-looking hands grabbed the handles.

“Lee Gikwang, we need to talk.”

“Junhyung-shii, I told you before, I know nothing about him. We only had been friends for two weeks!”

Gikwang twisted his bicycle`s handle, trying to escape from Junyung`s grip. Junhyung let it go involuntarily. 

“I heard you have crush on my cousin!”

Gikwang pulled his head back, faced Junhyung that smirked confidently.

“W…What?”

“Do you want to make Dongwoon as your date tomorrow?”
 


***
 

FRIDAY`S LATE EVENING:

 
“So, how do you know my address?” Dujun calmly asked Junhyung that suddenly appeared in front of his apartment, right after he just had dinner.

“Hey, the Principal`s office are like my private restroom, you know that?” Junhyung replied casually, ignored Gikwang`s actual contribution.

“I guess it about Hyunseung, isn`t it?”

Juhyung grinned mockingly. “Good. This took faster than I imagined. Listen hear, new boy, I didn`t care how much Hyunseung like you, but, this is his first time ever had a date on prom night, so I`m not gonna let some random man took my precious hyung out from our house at night! Alone! Together! Never!

Dujun paled a little. “So, what this all about? Do I have to beat you up first?”

Junhyung chuckled. 

“Gikwang told me you have black belt in judo and taekwondo. I don`t think that`s gonna be such a good idea, “He answered, with not so serious tone.

Dujun almost burst into laugh. “Don`t lie. I maybe know nothing about Yong Junhyung, but I`m pretty acknowledged who was Joker and what kind of thing he can do.”

“Ahahaha…maybe. But in my hyung`s case, it`s not all about strength.”

“What?”Dujun felt confused.

“You will know soon. Tomorrow night.”Junhyung said, began to ride his Yamaha motorbike. 
  
“I`ll show you the qualification to be my brother`s date.”

VROMMM!!!

Junhyung dashed, leave Dujun with questionable face.


***
 

SATURDAY`S NIGHT
 

Dujun locked his father`s SUV, slipped the key in his pocket and stepped into the front yard of the big blue house upon him. As he walked toward the huge brown door, he fixed his white silk tie unconsciously while inhaled the scent of freshly cut grasses mixed with his own Hugo Boss cologne.

He just about to push the ring bell`s button when the door opened by a grumpy man in a nice black tuxedo.

Yong Junhyung. Don`t tell me he was peeking all this time?

Junhyung stared at Dujun up and down, from head to toes before their eyes meet.

“You looking good”

Dujun can`t help but to smile widely. 

“Same goes to you.”Dujun replied, referred to Junhyung`s new haircut. Now he looked similar to his twin with his short spiky red hair. Expect for that death glare.

“Dujun-shii!! You came early!!” 

A sweet voice escaped from the stairway. And a moment later, Dujun thought he saw an angel. Not blinked his eyes even once, he watched his date stepped down the wooden stairs excitedly yet gracefully. Hyunseung was a knockout, dressed in a pearl-colored suit, together with a dark silky shirt and instead of tie and bow; he wrapped a long thin white scarf around his neck, very contrasted with his bright carrot hair. But the best of all certainly his dazzling warm smile and a pair of shining eyes that reminded Dujun of a little deer.

“Yeah...I…I thought we could grab some coffee before the event start. My family owned a café.”

Junhyung rolled his eyes. Hyunseung noticed it and quickly made a move,

“Ok, I guess we should be going right now.”Hyunseung took Dujun`s hand and led themselves toward Dujun`s car. 
At that very moment, Junhyung suddenly grabbed Hyunseung`s arm, pulled his body so he was facing him before wrapped him in an embrace and then he kissed him.

Yes. A kiss. An intense one. Dujun witnessed his date in a lip locking session with his own twin brother and he can`t react to anything except just standing there, unmoved, stiffed. Wide eyes and dropped jaw included.

Another thing is, Dujun doubt he imagined this, because Hyunseung seems to response into the kiss when the hyung casually captivated Junhyung`s neck into his arm, binding their bodies closer.

“Okay, that’s enough. You should go now.” Junhyung broke the kiss first, unlatched himself from Hyunseung`s waist.
Hyunseung pouted a little before turned his attention back to Dujun. He innocently waved his hand in front of Dujun`s face.

“Em, Dujun-shii. Are you alright? You look pale.”

Junhyung grinned mischievously. “Hyung, you should fix you hair first.”

Hyunseung`s doe eyes grew wider as he touched his bang lightly. “Oh God! You right! Dujun-shii, wait a minute!” 
In a split second, it was just Dujun and Junhyung again.

“So? Do you have anything to complain?” Junhyung spoke, crossed his arms on his chest.

Dujun gulped. “Do...Do…you two…al…always do that? I mean, kiss…kissing each other?”

“If I say yes? What would you do? Are you going to dump Hyunseung?”

“W…What? No way! That ridiculous! Dujun shouted.

“No, it`s not. Because that was his previous dates had done to him.”Junhyung said with serious tone.

Dujun have nothing to say, too shock by the new information.

“You mentioned he have no date before?” Dujun replied after a few seconds of silence.

“Yes, in high school. He actually has dates in middle school. But, all of them cancelled to bring him to the prom night after they saw what you saw just now.” Junhyung went on, with a glimpse of disappointment plastered on his face.
Dujun managed a little chuckle out from his lip. The soft night breeze started to calm him down. “So, that`s why you protected him all this time?

Junhyung`s furrowed face lit by a warming smile.

“We love each other very much. More than we could love our lover. If you want to take it seriously with Seungie, do you have the courage to watch me and him cuddled to each other in front of you? Just like we did a few minute ago?”

Dujun`s lips curved upwardly. “Yong Junyung, I think you should start finds yourself a date.”

“Ha?”

Dujun`s smile grew wider. “How about a double date next week?”
 


+++
 
 

When the car started to accelerate, Hyunseung peeked from the window, flashed Junhyung a wink and flew him a blowing kiss. Junhyung can`t help but grinned widely at the view. Hyunseung looked very happy. So happy that Junhyung felt a stab in his heart, like he was about to lose something very important soon. 

But, Junhyung decided that he do not want to complain because he can`t. Soon or later in the future, they will found the right person to be with them. He`s ready to share Hyunseung with others and he know Hyunseung was about the same. 

Damn, why he let Hyunseung sat at the front? He should just offer him the passenger seats! 
  
Ok, maybe he not ready yet. 

Should I start stalking them now? Maybe that bastard will try something funny at the café.

“Son, what are you mumbling about out there? Get inside and close the door.”

Junhyung jerked a little. Principal Yong was at the doorway, with multiples colors of bowties in his right hand. 

“Don`t worry too much. That Yoon boy was from a good family. He may looks bad, but he`s nice. Yeah, he kind of resembles someone I know.” Principal Yong chuckled looked at his son grumpy face, clearly unhappy with his statement.

“So, looks like that boy have the qualification I presume?”

“By the way, Appa…
 
Junhyung attempted to change the subject of their conversation
 
.…Why do I have to drive your old big Jaguar while you got yourself Aunty Hara`s Ferrari?”
 
Principal Yong observed his reflection on the big tall mirror at their living room.

“Shut up, I want to look cool too.”The 40 years old lad darted out his tongue, mocked Junhyung.

Just about when Junhyung wanted to poke his old man`s , his phone buzzed.

It`s from Yoseop.

_ _ _ _
I`m ready!
Pick me up now!
^3^.ekekekeke…
_ _ _ _ 

Junhyung smiled unconsciously.

Double date, huh? Sound fun.
 
 

A Qualification As a Date For My Brother, THE END
TBC~~