My Precious Memories

The Moon Spirit

Note: Yay~ I think out of the three stories, Woogyu is my favorite. I don't know. These guys just...gah. But yeah, this will be the second to the last installment to this mini-stories.

Didn't I promise a big fiery bang for Woogyu? Well here it is :3 Hope you enjoy and comment and yeah.

Thank you once again and wish me luck in the contest!

P.S. I swear to God I advice you to listen to Kim Sungkyu's Only Tears (Acoustic Version). It's the song that I looped when I was writing this and reading this while listening to the song won't give you the exact vivid image of my feelings for writing this but it's close enough.

Other than that, sit back and enjoy the show.


My Precious Memories


A red headed boy stood floating in the air as his black coat swayed in the air; his eyes stared dully at the window at a hospital somewhere in Seoul.

He was a death god, a taker of life, and his name was Kim Sungkyu.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small hour glass and stared at the slowly falling sands that were soon to end.

“It’s almost time…”

“Oh? You have a job here too, death god?” Sungkyu turned around stoically as he stared at the cerulean wings that were spreading out wide behind a certain moon spirit.

“Too?” Sungkyu asked as he returned his gaze towards the window. Sungjong floated beside him and looked at the direction to where he was staring. “Does a moon spirit have a job?”

Sungjong shrugged. “I came down here to grant wishes. It gets really boring on the moon you know.”

Sungkyu made no reply and merely nodded. Sungjong shook his head and just let it slide. He knew that death gods were devoid of emotions, the felt absolutely nothing. Maybe it was so that it would make their job easier—it would be easier to take a life. Sungjong spied the small hour glass on his other hand and knew that Sungkyu did come here for a job.

“Who is your target this time?”

“Nam Woohyun.”

Sungjong’s eyes widened as he turned to Sungkyu, a question was about to leave his lips but he held it tight. Instead, a smirk made its way to his lips. “Interesting…”

“He’s in that window down there,” Sungkyu pointed down at the window. “And from the looks of the sands of his hour glass, he only has one week to live. I need to retrieve his soul now.”

Sungkyu slowly floated down towards the window as Sungjong quietly followed behind him, wanting to know how the death god was going to give the kiss of death.

Sungkyu lightly landed on the window still as he stared at the man sitting on the bed. “Are you, Nam Woohyun?”

Woohyun, startled at the voice, and turned to see a boy with red head standing on the window still. His eyes widened as his jaw grew slack. “…W-What?”

“I am the death god Kim Sungkyu” Sungkyu elaborated as he took tentative steps towards Woohyun. Sungjong sneakily entered the room and sat on the window sill, looking at the scene unfolding him. “And with a kiss of death,” Sungkyu stopped just an inch away from Woohyun and leaned down at the male, ready to give him the kiss of death. “You shall rest in peace.”

“PWAHAHAHAHAHAHA,”

Sungkyu stepped back in surprise as he watched Woohyun laughing and clutching his stomach. “YOU—KISS—PWAHAHAHA—WE—PWAHAHA!!”

Sungkyu’s face twisted in surprise and disgust as he watched his target doubling over from so much laughing.

He’s—the bastard’s laughing!

“Okay, death god Sungkyu,” Woohyun said but still letting out giggles here and there. “I’m not that easy, so you can’t just kiss me like that—come back tomorrow and let’s be friends first!”


“So why didn’t you take his life away?”

Sungjong asked as he stared at the death god, curling up into a small ball as he stared into the makeshift fire that Sungjong created. “I’m…not sure why…”

Sungjong stared at the death god with a small smile. “Moon spirit…some humans don’t cry huh?”

Sungjong shrugged. “Humans possess of a myriad of emotions death god, not crying is just one of them.”

“Humans are different from death gods we cannot cry…” Sungkyu mused. “They’re supposed to shed tears.”

Sungjong’s eyes twinkled with delight as a smirk made its way to his lips. “Should they death god?”

Sungkyu didn’t give a reply as he stared at the fire crackle and flicker.


Sungkyu stared at the door of Woohyun’s hospital room as Sungjong hovered behind him. “Should you be invisible moon spirit?”

Sungjong shrugged. “I don’t like retracting my wings, they mess them up and it stings.”

Sungkyu nodded as he opened the door and his face fell. Inside, Woohyun was missing from his bed.

“Oh? Are you looking for Woohyun?”

Sungkyu jumped and turned around to see a nurse looking at him with a smile. “He went out to garden.”

Sungkyu sighed in frustration as he trudged back outside and searched for Woohyun, he saw the male squatting near a flower bed and cautiously approached him.

“Should you be out of bed?”

Woohyun turned around and a smile blossomed on his lips. “Wow! You came back! I knew you would keep your promise!”

Sungkyu frowned and rolled his eyes. “You know why I’m here right?”

“Oh? You’re here to take my life right?” Sungkyu’s eyes widened as Woohyun nonchalantly said it. “But if you just leave me alone, I’m still going to die anyway. My heart was always in a bad condition in the first place.”

Sungkyu stared in confusion as the young male continued to tinker with something in front of him. “Don’t you grieve…that you won’t live longer?”

Woohyun turned around and smiled, causing Sungkyu’s eyes to widen once more. “Every single day I have is a blessing Sungkyu, if I waste them sitting around and crying—I’ll regret it all! I’m going to cram every single fun thing in my life in the days that I have. I’m a very busy man…and I still want to get DBSK’s Mirotic CD…”

Woohyun stood up and reached out as he placed a ring of small dandelions on Sungkyu’s head, causing the red-haired male to flinch.

“I’m happy now anyway,” Woohyun stepped back and nodded at his work. “Truly happy.”


“Can we speed this up?” Sungjong complained as he reached behind his back and scratch it. “My back is starting to itch because of my wings.”

Sungkyu merely tuned him out as he stared at the Mirotic CD sitting on the desk shelf as he shook his head.

“This is ridiculous…”

He stared at his feet and shook his head. “I’ve got work to do…”

Sungjong stared at him with a smile as he continued to scratch his back.


Sungkyu stared at the door of Woohyun’s hospital bed and sighed. Just as he was about to open it, the door opened and revealed the same nurse that had pointed him out to where Woohyun was the other day. “Oh! You’re back!” She gently smiled and walked away as Sungkyu went inside.

“Sungkyu! The nurse brought me the Mirotic CD! She’s so nice isn’t she~?”

Sungkyu paled lightly as he quickly hid the item behind his back. Woohyun didn’t miss that action and peeked behind him. He let out a surprised awe as he stared at the Mirotic CD behind his back. “Mirotic! You bought me one?!”

“No…I…It’s…Yes…I…”Sungkyu mentally scolded himself for his pathetic display of regaining his pride and sighed in defeat. “Yes, it’s for you but I’m sure you don’t need two of the same thing right?”

“Of course I do!” Woohyun smiled, his eyes sparkling with joy. “I’m going to listen to them both!”

Sungkyu’s eyes widened as he watched the smile on Woohyun’s face. He felt a small tug on his lips and he smiled. “Stupid guy…”

“Woow, you smiled~!” Woohyun mused as Sungkyu quickly dropped his smile. “Anyway Sungkyu, I’ll call you when I get to heaven.”

Sungkyu shook his head. “There are no cellphones in heaven.”

“Then I’ll write to you,”

“No post offices either.”

“Oh…” Woohyun said, dejected. “Well then if I die, don’t cry okay?”

Sungkyu stared at Woohyun as his body froze in place.

Don’t cry.

Don’t cry.

Don’t cry.

“I won’t,” Sungkyu replied stoically.

Because I can’t.


“Sungkyu…” Sungjong approached the death god and sighed. He looked back at the hour glass sitting on the table. “There isn’t much time left for him, you need to take his life tomorrow. You can’t save his life anyway. At least send him off.”

“He’s smile keeps getting in the way…” Sungkyu mused silently as he bit his lower lip and buried his head between his knees. “I want him to live, I want him to live and smile. I want him to do everything he wants to do.”

“You know that’s not possible,” Sungjong reminded him.

“If only I was an angel,” Sungkyu murmured, his voice sounding broken but still holding on to that flat tone. “I wish I was an angel.”

“Sorry death god,” Sungjong said, a sad smile touching his lips. “I only grant wishes for humans.”


Sungjong flew towards Woohyun’s hospital room and silently landed on the window sill. Woohyun turned his head towards the figure on the window with wide eyes. A smile graced his lips as he shook his head.

“Do you gods not have doors or is it just for dramatic entrance kind of thing?”

Sungjong ignored him and jumped down from the window sill. “What is your wish, oh child of man?”

Woohyun shrugged and smiled. He turned to his bedside and took out an envelope and gave it to Sungjong. “Here, make sure he gets it okay?”

Sungjong stared at the envelope to him and scoffed as he fluttered out of the window and into the dark night.

“I’m a not a mailman you know.”


Sungkyu walked down the empty hallways of the hospital room with silence.

He opened up Woohyun’s hospital room and stared at the male lying down on the bed.

“Oh, hey. Sorry I don’t mean to be rude but it seems that I can’t get up.” Woohyun lamented as Sungkyu ignored his words and quickly jumped into the bed and caged him between his arms and legs. He stared down at the surprised Woohyun and paused.

“You’re time is up, Nam Woohyun.” Sungkyu said, his eyes staring into Woohyun’s. “I’ve come to take your soul. Close your eyes, I promise it’ll be over quickly.”

Woohyun smiled at Sungkyu and reached out towards him as he gently placed his hand on Sungkyu’s neck. He gently leaned him down as he leaned up, their lips touching.

Sungkyu stared wide-eyed at Woohyun as he flopped down on the bed with a smile. “I did it!” He exclaimed as his eyes started to close. “No matter what…I wanted to be the one to kiss you…Sungkyu…”

Woohyun smiled up at him as his eyes closed permanently.

“I love you…”


“The sands stopped,” Sungjong mused lightly as both of them floated on the same place that exchanged pleasantries. “You did it,”

Sungkyu made no comment as they both stared at the lifeless body of Nam Woohyun on the hospital bed.

“I have a question death god,” Sungjong turned to Sungkyu and raised an eyebrow. “Do you remember him?”

Sungkyu turned towards Sungjong and raised an eyebrow. “Who?”

Sungjong pointed down at the lifeless body of Woohyun and Sungkyu nodded. “No you don’t understand me,” Sungjong elaborated as he pulled out an envelope and handed it to Sungkyu. “Do you remember him?”

Sungkyu didn’t reply as he took the envelope and opened it. He’s eyes widened when he saw several pictures inside. He reached out towards it but the pictures fell from the envelope and started to form a circle surrounding his head. Sungkyu dropped the white envelope and it fluttered towards the ground as he took in the sight of the pictures.

“W-What?”

“You might not remember death god because they wiped your memories away,” Sungjong elaborated. “But Woohyun surely remembers doesn’t he?”

Sungkyu stared at the numerous pictures of him and Woohyun. One picture was with him and Woohyun slinging their arms around each other, another Sungkyu and Woohyun celebrating a birthday, and the other (one that was most recent) a picture of them both, with their hands tightly clasped together.

Sungkyu’s vision blurred as a small memory started to come back to him, something important.

“YOU IDIOT!”

Sungkyu’s eyes widened at the sound of Woohyun’s voice so clear in his head.

“I’M THE ONE WHO IS SICK! WHY ARE YOU THE ONE WHO DIED FIRST HUH?! YOU TOLD ME TO LIVE EVERY DAY WITH A SMILE! BUT HOW CAN I DO THAT NOW?!”

Sungkyu crouched down on his knees and clutched his head as an image flashed in his head. The screeching of a car, people screaming, and Woohyun’s tears.

“DON’T LEAVE ME ALONE YOU BASTARD! SUNGKYU!!!”

Sungjong’s eyes widened as he watched Sungkyu.

“Death god?”

“I’m sorry,” Sungkyu blubbered as fat drops of tears started to fall from his face. “Woohyun…I’m sorry…I love you, oh my god I love you. Woohyun…Woohyun…”

Sungjong stared in pity as he watched the death god wail in pain, horror, and grief.

“Death god! Look!” Sungjong’s eyes widened in surprise as he watched the hour glass of Nam Woohyun. Sungkyu looked from where he was crouching down and stared in surprise at the sight of the sands in the hour glass reversing. “Woohyun’s sand…is coming back!”

“How…why…?”

“It’s your tears!” Sungjong exclaimed, surprised at seeing this happen. “Death gods can’t cry! It’s a miracle!”

“Woohyun!” Sungkyu shouted as he turned back to the window and watched with great and utter relief as Nam Woohyun slowly started to open his eyes. “Woohyun!” Sungkyu started to float towards him but stopped himself short.

Sungjong stared at him in confusion. “Go to him,”

“I can’t,” Sungkyu said, his voice sad. “He’s not dying anymore. He won’t be able to see me.”

Sungjong was about to open his mouth but Sungkyu quickly cuts him off. “But it’s fine. He’s alive. He’s alive, that’s all I can ever want.”

Sungjong shook his head and looked down at the earths soils. “Hey, it’s Spring. The flowers are blooming.”

Sungkyu stared down at the earth as well and a smile touched his face. “It is. I remember, Woohyun loved flowers. Spring was his favorite season.”

“YAH! KIM SUNGKYU!”

Sungkyu’s heart almost stopped when he heard his name being called out. He slowly stared at the young man, leaning out of the window and smiling up at him.

“VISIT ME ONCE IN A WHILE WOULD YOU?!” Woohyun shouted as a blush touched his cheeks. “I STILL LOVE YOU KIM SUNGKYU~!”

A fiery red blush erupted on Sungkyu’s cheeks as he turned to the moon spirit that quietly chuckling beside him. “It isn’t much of compensation, but let’s just call it “customer relations”,” Sungjong said as he held up the Mirotic CD that Sungkyu had given to Woohyun. Sungkyu smiled thankfully as he slowly floated towards where the grinning Woohyun was.

Sungjong shook his head and lightly kissed the CD. “Sometimes humans managed to surpass even the gods expectations.”

Sungjong stared at the two smiling and laughing as he took off.

“Humans or gods, they are all foolish and ridiculous creatures,” Sungjong noted as he smirked and his blue cerulean wings shined against the soft light of the sun. “But you just can’t leave them alone.”


END