The Boy's Touch

The Moon Spirit

The Boys Touch


Kim Myungsoo stared at the beautiful setting sun as the orange glow reflected on his body. He closed his eyes as he savored the beautiful feeling of silence of the world—only hearing the occasional rustle of the leaves as it fell from its branches. Autumn was a good season and it was Myungsoo’s favorite because it always reminded him of change—of rebirth.

A small sigh of satisfaction escapes from his pale lips as opened his eyes and stared at the stars that were slowly starting to appear in the sky.

“Perfect,” Myungsoo whispered.

A small rustle sound reached Myungsoo’s ears and he quickly turned his head to see who was the intruder that dared to interrupt his time. The scowl on his lips quickly disappeared from his lips when he saw a white dog staring at him, wagging its tail.

A stray.

Myungsoo smiled softly and reached out towards the small creature. “Come here,” he said as the white dog tentatively made steps towards Myungsoo. The dog cautiously sniffed his fingers and slowly made his way towards Myungsoo’s personal space. Myungsoo wasted no time as he reached out and started petting the white stray. The stray, loving the attention, wagged its tail happily.

“Good dog,” Myungsoo commented as his hands travelled below its head and started scratching. After scratching him, Myungsoo pulled his hand away but the curious white dog stared at his new friends hand and opened up its mouth and started tugging on the edge of the black glove that Myungsoo wore on both his hands.

Myungsoo laughed and softly moved his teeth away. “No, you shouldn’t do that,” He commented as he brought his right hand up and slowly took off the glove. A small sad smile touched his lips.

“Because if you touch my skin, you’ll forget me.”  He reached out into the horizon and closed his hand.

“You’ll lose your memories of me.”


Lee Sungyeol stared at the new transfer student sitting in the corner of the classroom. He wore a really thick jacket (hoodie up), a scarf around his neck, and thick gloves. Sungyeol knew as autumn was starting to approach the weather was getting colder but really—that was too much! The kid could die of heatstroke!

Sungyeol huffed in annoyance and stalked towards the new kid. He slammed his hand down on his table but the new kid didn’t even flinch.

“Yah,” Sungyeol tried but he was being ignored, making Sungyeol more annoyed. “Hey, new kid.”

This got his attention as he looked up. Sungyeol tried to swallow the lump that formed in his throat as he stared at those beautiful black eyes that seemed so dark, so lost—so sad.

“What?” The new kid spat out angrily, making Sungyeol snap out of whatever enchantment the other had placed on him.

“My name’s Sungyeol,” He introduced himself as he waited for the new kid to do the same.

“Myungsoo,” Myungsoo said, keeping his voice leveled. “What do you want?”

Sungyeol pointed at his clothes. “Aren’t you hot? You’ve got layers upon layers of clothes on!”

Myungsoo frowned and turned his head away as an angry growl escaped his lips.

“Leave me alone.”

“What? I’m just trying to help—”

“Leave me alone!” Myungsoo shouted as he glared at Sungyeol.

Sungyeol stared at those pair of black eyes and bit his lower lip in annoyance. “Fine. Whatever.”

Myungsoo stared at the retreating figure of Sungyeol and a small sigh of relief escaped his lips.

Good, he thought as he stared at his desk and closed his eyes. All of you should just stay away.


“You think you’re better than me, huh Kim Myungsoo?!”

Myungsoo closed his eyes as he tried to concentrate on his breathing. He ignored the presence in front of him as he concentrated on his breathing.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Inhale.

Exha—

“Look at me you bastard!” Myungsoo’s eyes snapped opened as a low angry growl escaped his lips. He stared at the man muscular man in front of him and Myungsoo knew that, if the man wanted, he could snap Myungsoo in two like a twig. But instead of feeling fear, a small smirk made its way to his lips.

“You want me to acknowledge you so badly?” Myungsoo asked as he slowly took off his right glove and his lips in pride. “Wish granted.”

Without a second thought, Myungsoo pressed his palm unto the man’s forehead. The man stumbled back and then he looked around his environment in confusion, his eyes bugging out.

“Huh? What am I doing here?” He surveyed his surrounding and his eyes landed on Myungsoo. But instead of hate or anger, confusion flashed in his eyes. “And who are you?”

“No one,” Myungsoo said as a smirk made its way on his lips. “Just a passer-by.”

“What’s going on?”

Myungsoo’s body stiffened as he heard the voice originating from behind him. He slowly turned around and silently cursed as he stared at Lee Sungyeol, standing there with a confused look on his face. His eyes darted to Myungsoo and the other man as he tried to assess what had happened. Myungsoo’s blood ran cold. Someone saw him.

“Nothing’s going on,” Myungsoo said coolly as he made steps towards Sungyeol. “You could ask him but unfortunately he doesn’t remember me.”

“Huh? What do you mean? Isn’t he your classmate?”

“He is,” Myungsoo said as he reached out and hovered his hand over Sungyeol’s face. “But he doesn’t have memories of me. It’s simply gone.”

“Is that…” Sungyeol stared at the black haired guy in front of him and frowned. “Is that why your eyes look so sad?”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened as he stared at the rather tall person in front of him. His hands shook lightly as he tried to assess the meaning behind those words.

He lowered his hand and stared at the person in front of him.

Those honest eyes. Those eyes were what made Myungsoo lowered his hand.

Maybe that’s why on a whim, he decided to let Lee Sungyeol know his secret.


“So if your bare skin touches someone, they immediately lose all of their memories of you huh? That .” Sungyeol commented offhandedly as he continues to write something on a piece of paper. Myungsoo huffed in annoyance.

“Really? That’s all you can offer on my revelation? ‘that ’?”

“Well we’ve already talked about this like a million times so I just feel like it’s a normal thing,” Sungyeol commented as he continued to write on his notebook, not even paying attention to Myungsoo.

“What are you writing anyway?” Myungsoo peers over Sungyeol’s shoulder but he quickly closes it and smiles.

“I’m writing a wish.”

Myungsoo’s eyebrows furrow in confusion. “A wish? To who?”

“Who knows?” Sungyeol sighed and smiled. He stood up from where he was sitting and stretched his long legs. “Well I’ve got to go. Got to get my wish delivered.”

Sungyeol stated as he started to walk away from his friend.

“Who?” Myungsoo shouted as he watched his friend’s figure disappear. “Who are you sending them to?!”


Sungyeol tried to keep his steps light as he made his way home, a small shiver runs up his spine as looked up at the moon and stared at it. A full moon.

He closed his eyes and sighed. “Why won’t you respond to my wishes?”  

“Is this your wish?”

Sungyeol’s eyes snapped open as he turned around and tried to locate the voice. His blood ran cold when he saw a young man floating in front of him. He had pale white skin, blue eyes, and blue butterfly wings. He swallowed the lump on his throat as he tried to get a single word out. Anything at all.

“Oh, child of man,” He said, his lips pulling into a smirk. “Is it?”

Sungyeol nodded as his eyes never left the presence in front of him. “What is it you’ll give me?”

Sungyeol blinked in surprise. “G-Give you?”

“Wishes are not for free,” He said, a smile taking hold of his lips. “Something valuable.”

Sungyeol nodded, knowing that this was true. He bit his lower lip and thought of something, anything to give of value to the moon spirit. He opened his eyes a minute later and stared presence in front of him. He didn’t know what valuable thing he had but he knew that the moon spirit knew. So he nodded and intertwined his fingers in front of him.

“Make my wish come true,” He said, his eyes determined. “And I’ll give you anything.”


“Mom!” Myungsoo shouted as he stared at the blue butterfly hovering just in front of him. “Mom, look! A butterfly!”

“I know honey, just be careful.” His mother chided as she watched her son bouncing and running up to the butterfly.

“Mom! Let’s take a closer look! Come on, please I want to see where it goes!” Myungsoo shouted happily as his big wide eyes followed the butterfly intently as he ignored the steps he was taking. “Mom! Mom look it’s—ah!”

Myungsoo shouted in alarm as his foot slid on the slippery pavement. His mother’s eyes grew wide as she watched her child falling. Her instincts quickly set in and she reached out to catch her child.

And quickly grabbed hold of his bare hands…

“I’m leaving!”

Myungsoo silently listened behind the doors as he heard his parents argue, a few doors being closed, and the sound of feet against wood.

“Honey please! You have to listen! Myungsoo is your—”

“Shut up!” Myungsoo’s eyes widened at the sound of his mother’s voice. “Don’t say it! Don’t you dare say it!”

“It’s his condition! He’s your son!”

“I know you’ve said it but I can’t remember him! I can’t remember him at all!” His mother shouted as she grimaced and said the words that would forever haunt Kim Myungsoo.

“He isn’t my child!”


Myungsoo woke up with beads of sweat trailing down his face as he heavily panted from the nightmare. He groaned and slowly wiped away the sweat from his face and rubbed the tears that formed on his eyes. He stared out of the window and looked at the full bright blue moon faintly illuminating his room.

“Just…another nightmare…”

Myungsoo muttered as he covered himself with his blanket and held on to his pillow a bit tighter than when he first went to sleep.


Myungsoo stared at the throng of students in his classroom and realized that a certain tall person wasn’t around. Myungsoo sighed annoyingly as he looked out of the window and saw the heavy fall of the rain. He stared at the rain gently hitting the window and suddenly stood up. He didn’t want to be copped up in the classroom anymore so he decided to just go out and skip classes.

Myungsoo sighed in bless as he watched the rain falling from the small waiting shed just near the school. He sat down on the bench and closed his eyes as he felt the coolness of the rain softly prick his skin.

“Myungsoo? What are you doing here?”

Myungsoo opened his eyes and saw Sungyeol looking peering down at him from where he stood as he held up a blue umbrella. Myungsoo’s eyebrows furrowed. “Me? What about you? Aren’t you late?”

“What do you mean I’m late?” Sungyeol asked, pouting. “Aren’t you skipping classes?”

Myungsoo smiled softly as he shrugged his shoulders. Sungyeol let out a small ‘aish’ before closing up his umbrella and taking a seat next to Myungsoo.

“Guess we’re both skipping classes then,” Sungyeol muttered as he stared up at the dark sky. “Hey, I have a question.”

Myungsoo lets out a small hum of approval.

“Can your father touch you?” He asked and Myungsoo shrugged.

“Yeah, we have the same blood so he’s kind of immune to it.”

“I’m jealous,” Sungyeol commented as Myungsoo turned to him in confusion.

“Why?”

“Well…because that means he won’t get affected by your weird condition,” Sungyeol elaborated. “That’s all.”

Myungsoo’s eyes darkened as he stared hard at Sungyeol. Weird condition? Is that what it was? Did Sungyeol know how much he had to suffer because of this ‘weird condition’ how he lost his mother because of it?

“Yeah,” Myungsoo said, a bit too darkly. “Lucky him.” Myungsoo suddenly stood up and started walking away from the waiting shed. Sungyeol’s eyes widened at his actions as he tried to run after the boy who was carelessly walking in the rain without an umbrella.

“Hey, hey Myungsoo!” Sungyeol shouted as he ran after him as he started nearing a small bridge. Myungsoo refused to answer his calls as he continued on walking but with Sungyeol’s tall legs, he was able to catch up to him. Sungyeol pulled at Myungsoo’s arm as Myungsoo froze and automatically pulled his arm away. Myungsoo turned towards Sungyeol and stared at him in alarm.

He touched me. He touched me. If he had touched my skin he would’ve forgotten me. He wouldn’t remember my name. He wouldn’t have recognized me. Sungyeol would’ve…

Myungsoo’s eyes widened as he let his own heartbeat finished that sentence for him.

“Myungsoo…” Sungyeol murmured sadly as he took a step forward. Myungsoo’s eyes widened and he took a step back.

“Stay away,” Myungsoo warned, his mind telling him to run. Telling him that it was best if he left Sungyeol here. He didn’t care if Sungyeol was angry at him, he didn’t care if Sungyeol hated him he just wanted Sungyeol not to forget.

“Myungsoo…what—”

“I said stay away!” Myungsoo shouted as he roughly shoved him away from his body to widen the gap between them but Myungsoo miscalculated the push as his eyes grew in horror as he watched Sungyeol losing his footing and tumbling over the bridge. Myungsoo quickly reached out to grab his hand, to pull him from safety. But it was too late, Myungsoo quickly rushed towards the bridges railing and watched in horror as he saw Sungyeol dangling from the edge with just one hand on the railing.

“Sungyeol!” Myungsoo shouted as he peered down at the dangling male. “Hold on I’ll pull you up!”

“Don’t touch me!”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened as he peered over at Sungyeol in confusion. “I’m sorry if I offended you in any way…I tend to do that to everyone I meet. But no matter what,” Sungyeol peered at Myungsoo and smiled brightly as his grip in the railings slowly started to loosen.

“But no matter what,” Sungyeol repeated as he stared at Myungsoo’s horrified and shocked face. “I definitely don’t want to forget you Kim Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo could only reach out and scream in horror as he watched Lee Sungyeol drop into the lake and vanish beneath the surface…

…just as his fingertips brushed against Sungyeol’s bare and pale hands.


Kim Myungsoo stared at the beautiful setting sun as the orange glow reflected on his body. He closed his eyes as he savored the beautiful feeling of silence of the world—only hearing the occasional rustle of the leaves as it fell from its branches. Autumn was a good season and it was Myungsoo’s favorite because it always reminded him of change—of rebirth.

He stared into the blue water of the lake beneath the bridge as a small smile appeared on his face. “Someday,” He commented. “I’ll overcome this pain.”

“Oh hey! You’re the person from yesterday!” Myungsoo turned towards the voice that he knew well. He gave Sungyeol a gentle smile as he nodded.

“Thanks for calling the police by the way,” Sungyeol commented with a bright smile. “I still don’t remember why I suddenly decided to jump off of a bridge.”

Myungsoo laughed lightly. “You’re welcome.”

“Oh by the way!” Sungyeol shouted as he rummaged around his pocket and pulled out a small notebook and handed it over towards Myungsoo. “The police found it near at the end of the bridge and they thought it was mine. It doesn’t seem to be mine though, maybe it’s yours?”

Myungsoo raised a curious eyebrow as he took the notebook from Sungyeol. He knew that the notebook was Sungyeol’s because he had seen him write in that small notebook when they were together. Myungsoo opened the cover of the notebook and started reading the contents. His eyes widened as he tried to hold back the chocked sob that was trying to escape through his lips. A lone tear escapes his eyes as he it drops down on the page of the notebook.

“Err…hey, are you okay?” Sungyeol asked worriedly.

 

“If I ever forget Kim Myungsoo…”

 

Myungsoo nodded and swiftly wiped away the tear. He closed the notebook and looked up at Sungyeol with a bright smile.

 

“Just know that the me of that time will read this and I believe I shall regain all my memories of him,”

 

 

“My name is Kim Myungsoo,”

 

“Because I love him.”

 

“Won’t you remember my name?”

 

 

END


 

NOTE: Sungjong doesn’t play a very important part here because it’s still starting. He’ll play (a somewhat) important role in the succeeding chapters but not that much because the main focus here really are the pairings (hence, the 4veralonesungjong tag hahaha) so yeah.

If you’re wondering what Sungjong took from Sungyeol it was his memories of Myungsoo (Sungjong wanted something valuable remember?) because remember his wish? He just wanted to help (in any way) with Myungsoo’s problem. Myungsoo still had the touch that could make people forget him.

But that wasn’t what Sungyeol wished for.

He wanted Myungsoo to be happier so his problem was never the touch (Sungyeol was more than okay with that) it was more of the loneliness and sadness that Myungsoo was experiencing. And now Myungsoo is starting to slowly start fighting back his problem witch in the end would reach to his eventual happiness.

I’m just explaining this because some might not understand (since I wrote this in like a rush) Anyway, hope you enjoyed the first installment.

NEXT UP! YADONG :D

To those who requested that Woohyun will top…huhu I don’t know if I can do that. Because these stories won’t be M rated so I don’t know how that will go with a non-rated story. But don’t you worry, since I can’t fulfill that part of my readers request I’ll make sure that Woogyu will end this story with a big firey bang! Hahah

Thank you and much love~!