Reflection

Doll

Bright rays from the sun burned through Hakyeon’s swollen eyes. He groaned as he lifted himself from the puddle of dried blood he had drifted away in the night before. He observed the rest of the bedroom and was shocked to find that it was in pristine condition. The bed was made with white sheets, the walls wiped of all the blood, all the tiles (except the one he had woken from) sparkled. Everything was white. Everything was clean ,fresh, pure unlike the night before.

Hakyeon managed to wobble his gangly body up to standing position and shuffled to the bedroom door. He crept out the bedroom, making sure his assailant was nowhere in sight.

All Clear.

His legs burned as practically crawled to the bathroom .The deep wounds around his thighs and calves felt as if they were going to spilt open at any moment. Finally, N reached the bathroom and quietly closed the door behind him.

“Oh No” he thought.

He is going to have to look in the mirror and that might be even more painful than his actual beatings. His mind was plagued with images of his face being horrible deformed, bones sticking out left and right, skin puffed out so much he could pass for an alien. Shuddering the horrid thoughts away, then taking a long drag of air N slowly raises his head to face the mirror.

His cheeks were sunken in to the bone. Cheekbones so prominent, they looked as if they were to jut through his skin at any moment. His full lips busted, like the stuffing of an abused teddy bear. Dried blood stuck in every single crevice of his face. Diagonal cuts laced his face. The scars wove patterns all over his face, leaving behind an intricate design that told a horrid story. One could actually describe them as beautifully grotesque. Disgusting yet intriguing and almost impossible to go unnoticed.

“Oh god”

“No, no please god why?” he quietly pleaded as he dropped to his knees, unable to look at his reflection any longer. It was truly horrific.

He recoiled into fetal position and rocked back and forth, dryly sobbing, tears unable to form from his body.

He felt the world closing on him, darkness creeping in and dragging his body closer and closer to the pits of a dark abyss. He was losing himself.

But he knew the torture was not  over yet, he couldn’t let it end. He must look at the rest of his body.

Garnering the remainder of his strength, Hakyeon rose from his position. He stood for a moment then began to strip .

After he was void of his clothing, he had to complete the same task that had caused his almost self-destruction.

Looking at himself.

Once again he lifted his head and peered into the mirror.

This time was different.

He was no longer weak

This time he was angry.

This time he wanted to scream.

Anger boiled inside him as he scanned his body. His fist clutched tightly, almost tearing his skin apart.

Hakyeon’s arms were covered with the imprints of long, thin fingers. His eyes trailed down to look at his fingers. Practically mangled, almost unrecognizable. It was extraordinary how he could possibly use them seeing how each had a unique pattern of crusty scabs, and fresh wounds. His collarbone bared numerous hickies and bite marks, that could fool anyone to believe that last night’s session was one of love and mutual consent.  The skin on his torso clung tightly to his frail body and the bones of his ribs and collarbone were easily visible.  Wounds as deep as his flesh lace his thighs, wide enough to stick a finger inside.  

“Gross” he scowled.

Every scar, every wound, every bruise, every imperfection made his face twitch in anger.

“THAT BASTARD! HOW DARE HE RUIN ME LIKE THIS? I DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS”  Hakyeon internally screamed, too afraid to verbalize his feelings, knowing that this bastard he spoke of could come back and finish his “masterpiece” on his body at anytime.

Sighing, Hakyeon released his clutched fists and climbed into the shower.

He twisted the knob to the highest heat and stood still. The hot water crept into every open wound on his body, more than he had known there were. His flesh burned a thousand suns hot yet he stood still imperturbable to the immense pain his body felt. His body felt. His mind did not.

His mind was afflicted with thoughts of the one he loved, the only individual that could make sense of this world. Hakyeon was grateful to have him; he owed his life to him.

But still Hakyeon wondered “why?”

Why would the one he cared for and the one who cared for him cause him such pain?

There must be a reason for this.

Had he not been good to Leo?

Had he forsaken Leo’s kindness?

Leo’s bravery?

Leo’s protection?

That must be it.

“I am at fault”

“Leo has given me nothing but kindness and has shown me the world for what it is.”

“And I. I, being the ungrateful, vile, useless of a man I am, have taken his almighty justice for granted. I am scum. “

Leo was just.

He was fair.

He knew what was right.

Leo was the supreme judge and ruler of Hakyeon’s mind.

So it all made sense. If Leo was treating Hakyeon this way, it was only for his own good.

And Hakyeon realized that if he were to continue to have such an amazing, god- sent spouse; he must lose himself to Leo. He must give his body, mind, and soul to his ruler.

 

 

🎵“If it’s you, I don’t care about saving my body”🎵

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: Hello again! Wow I was not expecting soo many comments and subscribers!  Thank you all for supporting my story! 

I was actually going to leave this as a one shot...... but thanks to your approval I have decided to continue this story! haha

I'd also like to clarify that this will not be a .... well at least i'm not planning for it to be one haha

Next Chapter is Leo's point of view!!  

As always, please don't be afraid to comment and voice your opinion whether it be good or bad! All is appreciated! :)

Once again..... Thank you!