Yunho’s Christmas Wish

All I want for Christmas is...

A blanket of snow calmly floated over the city of Seoul, creating a beautiful layer of small sparking white crystals anywhere it could reach. The streets were lit by lights of many colours, and Christmas decorations covered the streetlights, creating a scene from a traditional Christmas wonderland. Changmin sighed in awe as he looked outside, wishing that he could just go out and play, but it was too dark for that now, not to mention extremely cold.

“Daebak, the snow looks so pretty from up here! Yunho hyung come see the snow!” Changmin called to his hyung, who was busy writing on a notepad to take notice. “Yunho hyung~” Changmin whined, but was still ignored by his fellow member. The maknae pouted and walked away from the window, stomping loudly to let Yunho know that he wanted his attention. “YAH, YUNHO HYUNG!”

Yunho slowly looked up, blinking a few times in confusion, not quite understanding why Changmin looked so angry at him. “What is it Min? I’m busy right now.”

Changmin scoffed in shock, his mouth open as he watched his hyung stare back clueless. “What do you mean ‘What is it?’ I wanted to show you the snow!” Changmin crossed his arms and stuck out his lower lip, pouting cutely as Yunho blinked back a few times.

“One second Min, I can’t hear you.” Yunho put his pen on the table and reached to his ears, taking out the black earphones from his ears. “What were you saying?”

This time Changmin wasn’t sure what to say, the excitement had quickly vanished. “Nothing important hyung... Just... snow and stuff...” Yunho smiled and looked back to his notebook, checking over the list of names that he had put down. Changmin was soon hovering over his shoulder, interested in what Yunho was writing. “What are ya doing there hyung?”

Yunho rolled his eyes and shut the book, taking it defensively from his dongsaeng’s nosy eyes. “It’s my list of people whom I still have to buy Christmas presents for.” Yunho looked at Changmin, who bit his lip with a look of guilt on his face. “I can’t leave this to the last minute, so I’m going out to buy the gifts now while it’s quiet. There’ll be less hassle with fans this way.”

Changmin gulped as he watched Yunho get up from the table and walk to the coats closet, picking out a stylish navy blue coat. The truth was that he had completely forgot to get Yunho a Christmas present, but Yunho already knew this by the sudden look of guilt that swept on the younger idol’s face. He had to save this somehow; he had to be sneaky, and cunning to make this work. “So hyung... I was talking to Minho the other day...”

Yunho put the coat on and hummed in response to Changmin, pulling the zip up and pulling on a hat. “Oh yeah, I haven’t seen Minho in a while. What was he saying, is he well?”

“Yeah, he’s doing great actually.” Changmin lied; he hadn’t spoken to Minho for a month at least. “He wanted me to ask you something, if you don’t mind me asking on his behalf that is.” Yunho shrugged and nodded, listening to his friend’s question. “Well Minho was wondering; what is the one thing you really want for Christmas this year? He said that cost is not an issue, just as long as you get what you want.”

Yunho folded his arms and raised an eyebrow at Changmin, who shuffled around in uneasiness and bit his lip. He could read Changmin like a book; he used a similar excuse a few days before his Birthday too. “Oh did he now?” Changmin looked down at the floor, avoiding Yunho’s gaze as his hyung walked towards him. “It’s funny, because I saw the SHINee members up town last week and they told me that they had done all their Christmas shopping.”

Changmin’s heart skipped a beat and sank into his stomach, he was totally busted. “Um... Maybe they lied to you?” Yunho put his index finger on Changmin’s forehead and pushed on it, forcing his head up so they made eye contact. Changmin bit his lip as he saw the slight disappointment in his hyung’s eyes. “You’re mad with me for lying aren’t you?”

Yunho sighed and unfolded his arms, scolding him would do no good anyway; Changmin wasn’t an easy one to change, no matter how many times you told him off. “I’m disappointed you lied to me. Next time just own up and tell me you haven’t got the gift yet. I don’t mind as long as you’re honest Min-Min.” Changmin blushed in guilt and embarrassment, breaking the eye contact with his hyung by looking down again. “Just get me anything; I don’t mind what it is.”

“But I want to get you something really special, something that would make you the happiest person on earth!” Changmin whined and stomped as Yunho smirked in amusement.

“I’d be happy with anything you get me; it’s the thought that counts.” Yunho smiled and looked into the living room, sighing as he went into his own little word for a split second. Changmin watched as Yunho shook his mind back into reality and looked at him. “Besides, it would be too much hassle for you to get what I really wanted for Christmas.”

With that, Yunho took his wallet and walked out of the dorm, heading out to town for some late night shopping. Changmin pouted again as he was left alone in the dorm. “Too much hassle. What the hell does what mean?” Changmin rolled his eyes as he spun around on his heels, walking into the living room. Yunho wasn’t making it easy for Changmin to buy him a gift that was sure.

Changmin sighed and looked up, only for the truth to hit him on the head like a hammer. The one thing that Yunho wanted, but was too much hassle to get; it was staring him right in the face, an item that Yunho stared at before leaving.  Hung on the living room wall, just above the sofa was a group picture of the five TVXQ members. They were all smiling and huddling together like a group of brothers, and there in the centre was Yunho with his arm around one particular member; Kim Jaejoong.

“So that’s what you really want hyung?” Changmin smiled and nodded to himself, impressed with how quickly he worked it out. “If that’s what you want for Christmas, then I’ll get it for you hyung. This will be your best Christmas present yet!”