Chapter I

Second Chance
second chance|chapter one
"I could still feel it that she's not dead!
That she's just there waiting for me somewhere. Calling for me to get her."
—— Lu Han

"Appa!" Tao turned and saw his son Himchan, "Himchan, what is it?" Tao said picking up the 3 year old little boy. Himchan has always been like a son to Tao because his mother is Hyuna, the woman he loves the most. "Appa! Can we buy ice cream?" Himchan asked pouting his lips. "Ne, If your Umma will agree. Whenever you eat ice cream your always hyper. I don't want you Umma to get tired again." Tao said thoughtfully to his girlfriend.

"Umma! Can we get ice cream?" Himchan yelled making Hyuna turn to him, "Of course, let's go?" Hyuna said walking to Tao and kissing his lips. "Let's go!" Himchan cheered clapping his small hands. "Himchan let's change your clothes first!" Himchan nodded to his Appa. Yes Himchan thought that Tao is his Appa and he adores him so much. "Ne." He held onto Tao's big hands to his small ones.

Hyuna looks at the sight in front of her, when Hyuna woke up in the hospital. She was lucky to have a handsome doctor, and now he's acting like a father to her son. Hyuna doesn't remember being pregnant either, but she was happy to have a very obedient son like Himchan. Kim Himchan. Tao and Himchan exited the baby room and Himchan looked so cute.

 

"Omo! Himchan you looked so handsome." Hyuna sat on Himchan's level kissing his puffy cheeks. "Umma! Stop kissing mee!" Himchan whined and Tao laughed. He really loves Hyuna and Himchan, and he plans to marry her and start a family with her. But Tao needs to know who are Hyuna's parents because Hyuna has amnesia she doesn't remember her family.

"Let's go!" Hyuna cheered going out of the house followed by Tao and Himchan.

"Luhan hyung, It's Chanyeol's birthday today are you coming?" Sehun asked patting Luhan's shoulder, "Mianhae but tell Chanyeol I can't come. I have something important to do." Sehun frowned at Luhan's reply. While Kris stood there furious.

"Why can't you just accept it?!" Kris raged, "Hyung.." Sehun started but Kris coninued, "Hyuna's dead! She's gone! Why can't you get that inside your mind huh?! It's been 3 years ever since Gayoon and her had that accident!" Luhan frowned at the thought, why did Gayoon didn't disappear but Hyuna did? But what relived him was that Gayoon was alive but still has shock due to the accident.

"SHE'S NOT DEAD!" Luhan stood up tears coming out of his eyes, "I could still feel it that she's not dead! That she's just there waiting for me somewhere. Calling for me to get her." Kris softened as he saw his best friend cry. Luhan had always been secretive about his feelings, he never cries in front of anyone.

"I miss her so much, I wish I could just hold her right now. Everyday I always wish that I could hug her tight and never let her go. But I can't, I just can't." Luhan's voice cracked as he continued. "That's why I always try, every day I spend at least 8 hours of my day finding for her. I did that for all these years, but I don't even get a glint of her beautiful smile. All I get is pity in everyone's eyes." Kris looked away from Luhan as he witnessed him breaking into pieces.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean that.." Kris said in a whispered voice. "I'm sorry I didn't get to help you much on finding her, I'm sorry that instead of helping you find her I do this. I'm sorry that I didn't get to save Hyuna-ssi. I'm sorry Luhan. I'm so so sorry." Kris walked out of Luhan's office with everyone following behind except Sehun. Which is Luhan's closest in everyone.

"Hyung, I always tell you this before but mianhae that I didn't remind you to this anymore. But hyung, everything is going to be okay. We got you hyung, we got your back." Sehun bowed to his hyung and gave him a weak smile. "Hyung! Fighting!" He cheered which made Luhan smile a little. Aish this kid.. He thought with a smile on his face.

As Sehun left, Luhan grabbed his phone and called his agent. "Have you found her yet?" Luhan said speaking formally. "Chairman-nim, were hopeless sorry but It's been 3 years and we still can't get answers. We're very sorry." As Luhan heard that, he placed his head in his hands frowning.

'We're hopeless' 'Why can't you just accept it?! Hyuna's dead!' 'She's gone!' 'It's been 3 years!' 'Everything is going to be okay'

Luhan shook his head rethinking on what Sehun said, No everything is not going to be okay. I can't find my Hyuna, Hyuna yeobo where are you? Oppa misses you so much, he hopes he could hug you, kiss you, cuddle with you, shower you with his love. You're my life Hyuna, your the only one who could light up my world. So comeback please. Luhan pleaded tears threatening his eyes.

I need some air..

Luhan stood up from his seat and went out the building, he went to the park and sat down on the swings. The place where Hyuna and him first met, he smiled at the memory they had in just a simple playground. This is where he saw Hyuna being bullied by a bunch of kids when they were about 5 or 6 years old. He saw Hyuna crying at that day and started being her knight and shining armor.

He laughed at the thought of Hyuna looking at him dreamingly after he fought with those bullies. Luhan swinged a little kicking of some sand. "Woof! Arrghh!" Luhan's head snapped at the direction and saw a big dog barking at the crying little kid. "Omo!" Luhan stood up and picked up the crying kid, "Waaa! I want my Umma.." The kid whimpered in Luhan's shoulder looking away from the mad dog.

"Shoo! Shoo!" Luhan yelled shooing the dog and it ran away. Luhan sighed a sigh of relief and put downed the kid, but the kid continued to hug his neck. "Where's your Umma?" Luhan asked with a soothing tone, calming the kid a little bit. "Umma and Appa were buying me ice cream, but I wanted to play in the swing sets and ran off. Mianhae.." The kid mumbled making Luhan chuckles what a cute kid. He remembered Hyuna being this stubborn too, she always runs off and like to play the chasing game..

"Do you know where your Umma and Appa are?" Luhan asked but the little boy shook his head, "I don't remember.. Huhuhu.." The little boy continued to sob in Luhan's arms. Suddenly Luhan felt the urge of wanting to hug the little boy more, It made his heart melt just by the little boy hugging him. "The dog ran off, the dog isn't here anymore.. Stop crying now.." Luhan soothed the little boy and it calmed down.

"Kamsahamnida, jal saeng-gin namja." The little boy said hugging Luhan again before pulling away making Luhan feel empty all of a sudden. Luhan smiled because the little boy called him a jal saeng-gin namja (handsome man). "You're a very clever boy, your parents should be proud." The little boy smiled, "Annyeong haseyo, chonun Himchan-imnida." Himchan bowed and Luhan smiled. "Annyeong, I'm Luhan." Himchan nodded and started looking somewhere and Luhan turned to the direction he was looking at.

"Umma! Appa!" Luhan's heart broke as he saw Himchan ran to a tall man and the woman he was finding for years, Hyuna. "Himchannie! I told you not to run off like that! You made your Umma worry." The man that was holding Hyuna by the waist picked up Himchan. "Appa, Umma mianhae for making you worry." "It's okay Himchannie." Hyuna kissed Himchan's cheek.

"Oh! Umma! Appa! I met a new friend!" Himchan jumped of Tao's arms and went to Luhan's side. Luhan's heart broke into pieces as he saw his Hyuna looking at him with a smile, Hyuna yeobo Why are you looking at me like that? Why aren't you running to me and hugging me tight? "Who's your friend?" He heard Hyuna asked and his heart sulked.

"Luhan hyung, he saved me from the wild dog from attacking me. He's a nice man Umma, I know you always told me not to talk to strangers but he's nice." Himchan hugged Luhan's neck and Luhan weakly smiled. He was breaking into pieces little by little on that spot. Why are you asking what's my name? Did you forget about me for all those years? Luhan saw Hyuna's ring finger and saw his engagement ring he gave her.

Luhan's eyes widened as he looked at it, Hyuna yeobo. Why do you still wear the ring? If you asked for my name? Is it because you don't want your new husband to know that we were gonna get married three years ago? Don't you love me anymore? Do you hate me for not saving you from that traumatic accident?

"Thank you for saving our son Himchannie, we would want to treat you lunch. Is that okay? By the way my name is Tao, Annyeong." Luhan weakly smiled, 'Our son' Luhan looked away frowning in the distance. He was ready to cry on the spot but he can't. Not in front of Hyuna. "Ah, mianhae but I have something important to do. Maybe next time, here's my calling card." Luhan handed Tao the card and ran off.

Hyuna yeobo, I'm sorry I didn't found you for those 3 years. You must've been waiting for me, but I see that you're happy now. He's very lucky to have you my Hyuna. I wish I was him.. Saranghaeyo Hyuna..

the writer's words

Mianhae for making you wait! I'm very busy because our finals are coming up! But I promise to update if I have time! For now I hope you enjoy this chapter and also there's a (late) trailer for this story and it's posted in the Foreword, make sure to check it out!

< a tori creation >