03. When Did It Happen

가지 마세요 || Don't Go

This is a month after Sehun's little photograph imagination thing.


"It's just one more year." Kyungsoo sighed, setting down the coffee up on the table in front of him.

Chanyeol, one of his best friends since middle school, just snorted as he wrapped his arm around the third male in the room with them.

The other male was Baekhyun. Chanyeol's boyfriend.

The three were best friends since middle school of course. They were like the three musketeers. Though they had a lot of problems growing up, they fought through it all and still remained best friends through high school and even now, as adults.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun lived together while Sehun and Kyungsoo lived together. It was like how they had always pictured it when they were freshmen. Jongin and Sehun barely joined the picture that year and that's when everyone fell in love.

 

"Has he called you yet?" Baekhyun asked, breaking the silence in the BaekYeol living room.

Kyungsoo shook his head in response, taking his lower lip between his teeth, gnawing on it for a few seconds before releasing it.

No, Sehun hasn't been calling lately. He didn't know when it started happening but the calls stopped becoming frequent. It started to worry Kyungsoo because he knows his Sehun. He would tell the older one if he wasn't allowed to call him often, but no. There was no mention of that and that scares Kyungsoo to death because you never know what could happen over there. 

Chanyeol pouted his lips as he watched his hyung look down at hands and honestly, it hurt. It hurt Chanyeol and Baekhyun to see their best friend so sad. To see him crumble down more and more everyday without Sehun. They wish they could do something but everyone knows that Sehun and Kyungsoo cannot be without each other. 

With silence filling the room once again for the millionth time today, there was a sweet melody suddenly playing.

It was Kyungsoo's ringtone, his phone ringing a beautiful song that was popular at the moment.

Kyungsoo quickly snapped his head up, whipping out his phone quickly. If it wasn't Chanyeol or Baekhyun calling him, it would be Sehun.

"Hello!?" Kyungsoo answered quickly, practically slapping the phone agaisnt his cheek.

"H-Hello?" The other voice said on the other line. 

It wasn't his Sehun, but someone else. But that's okay. It's not like he was disappointed or anything.

Kyungsoo paused for a second, furrowing a brow. 

This voice was familiar. He knew that this person must know him and he must know the other, but he couldn't put his finger on who the hell was on the other line.

"Is-- Is anyone still there?" The person spoke again, noticing no response from Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo let out a quiet 'oh' before answering back, "Oh, yeah. I uh-- yeah. May I ask who is this?" 

The person who seemed to be a male, judging by the voice just answered back without hesitation.

It was Jongin. 

No wonder his voice was so familiar.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun leaned closer towards Kyungsoo, curious to who the male on the other line was until Kyungsoo laughed softly, relaxing his shoulders.

"Oh! Jongin-ssi!" Kyungsoo smiled, happy to hear from the other since he was out with Sehun as well.

The two beside him just sighed, going back to their cuddling position and into their own world.

 

"How are you Jongin? Is everything okay?" Kyungsoo asked, trying not to bring Sehun up even though in the inside, he just wanted to ask if Sehun was alright and if he was taking care of himself.

Jongin paused this time before answering, his voice a little quiet. 

"Aren't you gonna ask about Sehun?" He asked, his voice monotone just like how Sehun's would be.

Kyungsoo stuttered slightly as he answered a short 'no'.

Jongin blinked on the other line for a few seconds, letting it sink in that Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo didn't want to talk about Sehun. 'Maybe not just yet.' Jongin thought to himself.

"Oh-- well in that case. . . I'm alright. A little tired from trainning but I'm sticking it out." He finally answered, a small smile growing on his lips. Oh man, it's been awhile since he's smiled. 

Kyungsoo smiled as well, happy to hear that his friend had been doing well.

"And. . . If you're wondering about Sehun, he's alright too. . . " Jongin continued, saying each word a little slower. 

Kyungsoo didn't mean to, but he let out a heavy sigh of relief that hs lover hadn''t gotten injured or something.

Jongin just laughed. He knew that Kyungsoo was dying inside to hear about Sehun.

Then suddenly, there was a loud noice coming from Jongin's line. Some of the guys had come back from their stations. 

"Sehun-ah!" One of the guys called, his voice slightly high. 

Kyungsoo's ears perked up at the mention of Sehun's name on the other line. 

'Sehun is there?' He thought to himself before he heard a familiar laugh. The laugh he hadn't heard in a month or less.

"What the hell do you want, Tao?" Sehun laughed, pretending to be mad at the other.

Tao just tossed his pillow at the younger, pouting his lips out. "Don't you dare talk to your hyung like that!" Tao yelled, throwing his blanket as well.

Jongin on the other hand, just sat there quietly with the phone against his ear. He didn't want Sehun to know about him calling his boyfriend for some unknown reason.

"H-Hey. . . " Kyungsoo begain to speak, unsure if he should ask if he could talk to Sehun. That was until Sehun sat on his mattress beside Jongin, chuckling when Tao laid on the mattress beside Sehun's.

Kyungsoo suddenly got quiet upon hearing Sehun. It was like he hasn't heard from Sehun in forever. Just hearing him laugh or chuckle makes his heart beat fast because it's what he craves.

'I wonder what he's chuckling about. . .' Kyungsoo wondered, since everyone knew that Sehun was pretty much emotionless without the presence of his boyfriend. Jongin was an exception because those two had been best friends since birth.

"What the heck is this?" Tao asked, his hand pulling out something from under Sehun's mattress. Sehun blinked at the back of the paper, blinking blankly at it. 

"Dirty photos?" Tao joked, laughing before flipping the paper over.

It was a photo. Kyungsoo's photo of him holding the balloon. Somehow it had slipped Sehun's mind after a few weeks. He used to look at the photo daily, missing his boyfriend. He always did, but maybe he had forgotten about the photo a little bit. 

"Oh? Who's this?" The older male asked, peering into the photo. "Is this your boyfriend?"

Jongin slid of his matteress, trying to escape the room before Kyungsoo can over hear any of the things in that room. He didn't just want to hang up on the other since he still wanted to talk. They only exchanged a few words afterall. 

After getting on both of his feet, it was too late. Jongin was too late to leave the room because Sehun had said something that he shouldn't have said, because Kyungsoo heard it. Kyungsoo heard it all, and he knew very well on what the hell Tao found. 

"It's no one. I guess someone must have put that under my mat. Hah." Sehun answered, pulling the photo out of Tao's hands swiftly. 

'It's no one.' repeated in Kyungsoo's head for a minute or so until he let it sink in. Sehun was telling another man that Kyungsoo was just no one. 


"You're not a nobody, Kyungsoo. Why do you keep telling yourself that?" Sehun asked, frowning as he watched the other cry against his chest.

Kyungsoo just continued to cry into the taller's chest, arms wrapped around him.

"Because- they- say- so." Kyungsoo mumbled in between sobs. 

Sehun took a deep breath, trying not to explode in anger because who was calling his baby a nobody? 

"Who? Tell me who. I'll beat them." He said, voice pretty much laced with venom.

Kyungsoo shook his head, chuckling quietly. 

"N-No, Sehunnie. . . It's my fault. . . I cracked m voice during choir and I--"

"No. I don't freaking care, Kyungsoo. That's no reason for them to call you such a thing. It wasn't your fault and it never will be. And I swear to god, if I find out who it is, I will beat them." Sehun cut Kyungsoo off, biting on his own tongue after speaking. He was just so angry at who ever was making Kyungsoo feel this way. Kyungsoo was so precious. So innocent.

Kyungsoo pulled away from Sehun's chest and looed up with innocent eyes. "I--" was all he could make out.

"And don't you dare think you're a nobody. A lot of people love your voice. It sounds like ing melted chocolate and a flowing river. I may not be the best with words but your voice is just the best thing ever. Besides you as a whole. If anyone is trying to tell you otherwise, they're stupid and wrong and need to die or something. God damn." His boyfriend spoke, his words a little softer this time. 

Kyungsoo remained speechless. That was the day Sehun had helped Kyungsoo stop feeling worthless and like a nobody, because he was indeed something. Someone special and beautiful, according to Sehun. 


Jongin was about to tell Kyungsoo that maybe Sehun was just kidding or something but the older one had already hung up, not even planning on speaking to anyone from over there for a long while. 

Kyungsoo threw his phone across the room, letting it fly wherever it wanted before bursting into tears.

The sudden noise coming from the phone hitting the ground, startled Baekhyun and Chanyeol; along with their best friend bursting into tears. 

Baekhyun quickly pulled away from Chanyeol, running over to Kyungsoo's side. Chanyeol did the same but on the other side of Kyungsoo. 

"What's wrong?" The couple said in sync, their voices showing how worried they were. 

Kyungsoo sobbed in his hands, unable to stop crying loudly. 

The couple tried for a few minutes to get it out of him but just decided to comfort him until he was ready.


Jongin cursed under his breath after Kyungsoo hung up. He knew that for sure Kyungsoo would be in tears. He knew Kyungsoo like an open book.

Instead of trying to call back, he just got back onto his mattress and laid down to close his eyes. If he called again, he knows that Kyungsoo would ignore it. Jongin knows that Kyungsoo's hurt. Hell, he would be too if his boyfriend said he was nothing. 

"Hey, what's up?" Sehun asked, noticing how quiet Jongin had been this whole time he was here with Tao, his new friend he met at his station a few weeks ago,

Jongin just rolled his eyes, turning his back towards Sehun; giving him the cold shoulder. 

Sehun didn't deserve his attention right now. He didn't deserve a lot of things at this moment.