The Sound of Rain

Perfectly Imperfect Us

Chapter 3: The Sound of Rain

"Luhan," a cried came out from my mouth. I hold the cell phone up and shivered when the harsh breeze slammed into my body.

I heard a long yawn before hearing his voice, "Yeah, what is it? Why are you calling at 2 A.m in the morning," His voice sound drowsy and rompy on the other side of the line. I didn't like bothering him, but for some reason I found my feet in front of his doorstep.

"Luhan," I sniffed and sniffed.

"A-are you okay?" He sounded more awaken than before.

"I hate thunders Luhan," I complained and more tears came down to my face. Then light in his room flickered on brightly. His room was the only source of light beside the equally distant street lights in his neighborhood.

The window vales was pulled up and I could see Luhan blurry half body through the wet rain dripping down on his window. "Are you crazy or what?!!" Luhan screamed through the window and disappeared from my sight.

I thought he was gone to turn of the light for a moment only to realize the front door spun wide open. The distance between us was a second. He dragged me into the house and shut the door silently between us.

"Are you crazy?" He yelled in a whispered voice and threw me a big white towel.

I didnt say anything because I knew I couldn't not say anything even if I tried. My body was still trembling, adjusting to the temperature changes. Luhan could be so mean to me sometimes, especially when no one was watching us.

"That a really nice pink hello kitty pants you have Luhan," I said under my tears and and coughed out a short laugh, "you look very manly."

Luhan rolled his eyes, "I couldn't believe you have the right mind to laugh like this. Aish, you're making a puddle on the mat."

I frowned at him. Tears stung my eyes.

"Save your tears would you? My parents and grandma are sleeping." He breathed out heavily. He stood there and apologized softly in the same breath, "I’m sorry for yelling at you."

" Lets go up to my room, you gonna have to change into my clothes for now," he told me and led the way to his room. This was the second times I had been to his house, but never to his room before. Despite his hostile attitude toward me, I was quite excited to go to his room.

Neat and clean, as expected from a model student like his. I really didn't know he can play the guitar, I thought seeing the acoustic guitar beside his bed.

He walked toward his window and closed the curtains. He disappoint without saying a word into his closet and came back out a minute later.

"This is the smallest pajama that I could find," Luhan said nonchalantly. I took the clothes from his hand and went to the bathroom.

I was in a much lighter mood, coming out of the bathroom, all changed and almost dry.

He was already in bed, eyes closed. He had a relax and calm expression of his face, if I didn’t know it better I might have thought that he was an angel.

I climbed on the bed and slipped under the blanket. I put the pillow in between us. I turned and looked at the alarm clock on his night desk. 3:00 am it read. It was late.

"If you ever cross this pillow you're dead," I blurted not caring if he could hear me.

He huffed in speechlessness, "correct me if I’m wrong, but you're the one who came my house in the middle of the night.” He suddenly straightened up and threw his upper body on top of my.

AlxZhkuH3PyKdcwafzXrXnlg0BKQCChIbEZVCLzq

He was so heavy. But I was more concerned by the fact that he was so close to me that I was panicking.  “Girlfriend, what do you want to do tonight?" Luhan winked and his eyebrow moved up and down.

"You don’t dare?" I grasped, struggling to push his body away. His tank top shown his bared clavicles. I gulped.

"Or will I?" He was smirking again, leaning even closer. He was such a devil with horns sometimes. “You know a normal little girl go to her parents’ room when it rains. You went to your boyfriend house in the middle of the night, what do you expect?”

"I'll scream so loud that your parents and grandma and the whole neighborhood would wake up!" I blurted, hoping to threaten him.

Luhan for some reason found it fun to keep on pushing his limit.

"I know you're not wearing a bra Hyemi," said Luhan with a naughty smile and it was freaking me out.

He was right again, I wasn’t wearing a bra, it was wet and I hang it in his bathroom. Aish how embarrassing, I forgot that it wasn’t my bathroom. I mentally slapped myself. He broke eyes contact with me. I was relieve for a second, but then I only came to realize  his eyes started wandered below, checking out my upper body.  

“Yah! Stop it,” I panted, grasping for air. I was desperately trying to free myself, and most importantly I wanted to cover my chest but I was only hurting myself worse. His hands wouldn’t let go of my wrists.

His eyes returned and looked at the helplessly me,  "You're also not wearing an underwear either," Luhan said above my face. His face lit up. His eyes glittered with ambition in the dark room.

I double mentally slapped myself.

He was coming closer and closer, from 5 inches away from my face to just centimeters from touching my lips. I struggled for air.  My heart was beating so hard, that I could swear he could feel it too. He was teasing me. I thought, it was all pretending. He wouldn’t dare. I crazily battled with my inner thoughts and his breathing felt hot on my face.

The tips of our noses touches. It felt sharp and icy cold. I flinched, shutting my eyes tightly, holding onto my breath, forgetting how to breath. My whole body tensed, and the nervousness multiplying exponentially for every second the clock ticked.

I heard the sound of his lips parting and landed on mine. Different from his nose, his lips were warm, tender, wet and soft compare to my dry, cracked lips.

Only for split of a heavenly second my heart sank, deep like the titanic. He kissed me.

And he pulled his body away, lifting an enormous weight with him. He laid my down his side leaving me breathless with eyes wide opened.

That was… my first kiss.

I struggled to regain my breathing pattern, I struggled to find my voice, I struggled to recall what just happened, “w-what was that for?” I stutteringly blurted.

"That was a Goodnight kiss and don't get any bad thoughts," he continued breathing out nonsense words, "Isn’t that what you want? Now you can tell them that we kissed, and you can give specific details too," Luhan took a lungful of breath and exhaled.  "Don’t worry I won’t do anything stupid. Sleep, we have school tomorrow."

A loud booming sound scared me. I threw my hands and buried my head in his chest.

“D-don’t,” I said with shaking voice, “just let me hug you a little longer.”

“Fine, but if I happen to do something dumb, its not my fault.” JtekBL1MwH5xcwfoLaJHGQn87ytXT6v9lmiahr0E

Drip

Drop

Drip

Drop

Luhan was snoring already.

The night wasn’t getting any younger. Outside the rain was raging on, far away thunders rumbling and leaves rusting in the background. I had my eyes wipe opened, was tired but not sleepy at all. There in his bed I laid  motionless, touching my lips that he kissed. I could already promise that this lingering, magical memories would stayed with me for forever.

That was the sweetest first kiss that I could ever ask for. His bed was very warm. His baby was warm. With happy thoughts I unknowingly fallen into a unicorn dreamland.

-----

You P.o.V.

Little did you know you were crying during your sleep again.

Luhan cupped your face in his hand. He suddenly felt guilty and pathetic as he watch the tears continously rolled down on your cheeks. Gently he wiped the tears on your face and sighed softly to himself. He embraced your head against his chest, not planning to release you anytime soon. 

"All the hardship you been through, all the tears you cry, all the time you like to smiles although you're in pain.

I really want to get to know you better.

But I'm a man, and just like every other male, I'm not very good with expressinig my feelings to you. 

I can only wipe your tears when you're sad. 

I can only make stupid comments so you can smile.

I'm sorry that this is all that I can do for you.

I know I'm not perfect, I'm lacking many ways.

I can't even protect you.

You're like a beautiful stranger, that I know so much yet at the same time so very little about.

I can't even ask you about the things that bothering you  because I'm afraid that I can't do much help, but listen and I feel like just listen won't ever be enough.

I can't even tell you that I love you straightfoward because I don't want to look unmanly.

(chuckled heartedly) Haha, I guess I'm being quite cheesy and unmanly right now. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is

that. . .

I really want us to be . . .

more than pretense.

I want us

To be real." 

 

 

 

 


Wow! I can't believe that I finally finish my first short fanfic ever. *Clap, Clap*

I'm sorry. I know that I'm very lacking in describing the plot, using adjectives, having good grammar, and developing the characters circumstances and personalities as well as I wanted to be or as well as I pictured them in my head. 

I really appreciate that you guys stick to the end with me to read this message. 

Thanks a million. :) 

I promise that future stories will be better and more thoughtout. 

Please subcribe and comment. It'll mean alot to me.