Black and White

Perfectly Imperfect Us

 

“So tell us how your date was last saturday?” Sojin asked the moment she saw me in the hallway that Monday morning. “Come on tell me and don’t leave out any detail,” she demanded cheerfully.

“What date?” I asked grabbing a AP biology textbook out of my locker.

“Your date with Luhan to the movie theater,” she explained. Sojin had on a face expression that I was so familiar with. She was Sojin, one of my close friends.

“Oh~,” I nodded starting to get what she was trying to say. *Oh, that date.* I closed the locker behind me and looked at Sojin. I gave her a nervous smile. The corner of widen into a large smile in return. She looked like she was going to fangirl any moment now.

We started to walk toward down the hallway together. Next to me, Sojin was still stubbornly begging me to tell her my date.

"Good morning Hyemi," one of my male classmate greeted.

"Hi Hyemi!!" Another underclassman chipped.

“Hello...hi, good morning Sarah... Hi Jieun unnie,” I greeted my friends warmly down the hallway. As usual, I was really popular. And I didn’t want to admit it but thank to dating him I was even more popular than ever. Sorry I hadnt introduced myself yet. My name is Hyemi and Im 17 years old. One thing that you know about me was I love attention. I would do anything to be the center of attention.

“Luhan oppa!!” Sojin yelled out beside me. I followed her graze and found him approaching us, he politedly waved his hand in the air at us.

“Luhan, Hyemi is being secretive again,” Sojin whined once he got near us enough to hear. “Can you tell me how your guys date went? I always enjoy listening to your date,” Sojin pouted innocently.

Surprised, Luhan looked at Hyemi. *We had a date?* his eyes said. Hyemi shrugged, *Well apparently we did. Make up something you large brain jerk. Hurry!*

Luhan scratched his temple and smiled like a perfect angel, “We went to the mall together because Hyemi wanted to buy me a birthday present althouh I told her that having her by myside was the biggest present she gave me,” Luhan was making stuff up as he went on.

*Pure lie, wow Luhan you’re good at this stuff.*

"Awww," Sojin said and looked at me. Her eyes twinkled, "you guys are so cute." I smiled back.

“I thought you guys went to the movie theater,” Sojin said suddenly.

“Yeah, and then we decided to go to the theater later that day,” Iexplained hurriedly. “we had a lot of fun,” I added looking at Luhan eyes and smiled again.  

“What movie did you guys watch?” Sojin asked.

“A scary movie,”

“An action movie,” Luhan and I answered at the same time. Then we both freaked out at each other answer.

“We watched scary movie first then an action movie,” Luhan explained this time.

Luckily the bell rang just in time. Luhan and I sighed in relieve. Saved by the bell.

“Oh, I’m sad, I didn’t even have a chance to hear the end of your guys date. Promise me you have to tell me more later okay?” Sojin smiled and bid them goodbye for now.

I nodded and smiled, “of course.”

Sojin went in her class, leaving Luhan walking me to our first period class.

“What the hell was that all about? We had a date?” Luhan asked me.

“Shh quiet down would you?” I looked around the hallway, “You’ll never know who is watching,” I whispered.

Luhan rolled his eyes.

“You almost gave us out,” I blurted in a whispered voice.

“Look here Miss Perfect straight A, athletic, president of the class.” I stopped walking and looking up into his eyes. Luhan rolled his eyes again. *I swear I won’t be surprised if one day your eyes roll off of your face.*

“Let’s keep this simple alright. So if they ask, just say that we kissed during the movie and then describe how perfect our kiss was like. That’ll shut them up.”

I opened my mouth to protest, “What? How, what? No,” I was stuttering at his ridiculous idea.

“Don’t tell me you never kissed before?” Luhan questioned suspiciously, searching for my eyes, but I avoided his gaze.

In return,  my silence gave away the answer.

“You kidding. Never?” Luhan chuckled in amusement.

“It’s not funny,” I said under my breath.

I felt utterly embarrassed inside so I started to walk again. He followed right behind me, he was still giggling and I was raging inside.

---

“What did I told you? Luhan and Hyemi are peeeeerfect! See they’re right on time,” one of the classmate stated as they stepped in the classroom. The late bell rang a second after.  

They think we were perfect, me and Luhan but they didn’t know a thing about us. We were not perfect as they think, we were a hypocritical couple. How we seen on the outside were the exactly opposite on the inside. The only reason we were together in the first place was that our friends made us. Second reason why we been together for such a long time was that we both want to maintain our popularity. I didn’t want to disappoint my friends because they always praised us for being such perfect couple, so I agreed to date him. But I never know what his reason was, nor that I really want to find out. We were just playing accordingly to our roles.

Luhan was particularly a school prince and I the school angel. We were great on every aspect, academically, sport, leadership you name it. But there was one thing they don't know about us, we also excel in acting. Dating him was something that I didnt plan or didn't have a backup plan for. Upon our first date we saw it through each other eyes, that we were the same, we were fake. Living up to our images, we didn’t dare to jeopardise our position, so we were constantly watching and paying close attention to what we say, how we act infront of others. Yes, I always felt overwhelming by the end of the day, but it was worth it. People idolized me, the girls hanging less around Luhan. It was a win-win deal.

It just a matter of time under our secret would spill out. I didn't know, but now looking back this was the day that everything officially started. Here was my story.

“Okay class settle down, we have a new student today,” Mrs. Shin called for the students attention. The noisy class began to quiet down.

In the corner of the room, a shadow of a person appeared on the ground. It was a girl, about my age or perhaps a bit older. She had long hair and a cherry pair of lips. Judging from her apparel, she was at least in middle class. From a girl perspective, she was very pretty.

“Anneyonghaseyo, I’m Hana, Lee Hana.” She greeted warmly and nodded her head.

*Lee Hana? Where did I hear that name before?* The teacher directed her to sit in the empty seat above me. She nodded and began to walk to her sit.

“Hi Luhan,” she said and smiled.

I turned to my left side and looked at Luhan.

He couldn't take his eyes off of Hana. “Hi.” I could feel the strange stuffy atmosphere around the three of us.

Without thought I held out my hand toward her, “Hyemi,” I said, “I’m Luhan’s girlfriend.” She exchanged look with Luhan then back to me. Her face lost color for a second, but then she recovered it fast with a bright, playful smile she gave me a handshake.

“You guys look good together,” Hana stated gleefully. That was what they all said, but the way she praise us was different. Somehow I sensed sadness within her voice.

Something told me they were much more than friends. I suddenly had an unpleasant feeling about this in my chest, but I couldn’t describe it. I knew it was wrong to judge people before you get to know them, but I just couldn’t help it. I hated Hana already.

 

 


A/N: How did you enjoy the first chapter? Please don't forget to subscribe and comment. Since it is fall, I'll update when it rains or when I find motivation. :) . 

Thank You for Subbing. :)

image