Housewife Hoseok

Housewife Hoseok

You were lying on your bed in your pigsty of a dorm, too tired to move a muscle. You had just finished your last exam of the semester and you were definitely feeling the effects of the last few weeks. You had been up to your eyes in revision and preparation so you hadn’t had time to relax let alone clean your room. Worst of all you hadn’t been able to see Hoseok for over a month since your exams and the promotions for the boy’s follow-up single had coincided. Neither of you had had time for the other so you had to make do with the occasional text and video chat.

However, now that things were finally done with you were planning to spend every minute you had with him. For now though, you were absolutely content with lying in bed for a couple of days and ordering take out. Just as you were about to doze off you heard your front door ringing but you decided to just leave it. If it was important the person would surely comeback so you turned away from the door and snuggled up further in your covers.

A couple of minutes later you heard the sound of footsteps from the kitchen. For a moment your heart stopped but then you remembered that only one other person had the keys for your door. A giant smile overtook your face and you practically jumped out of bed and ran into your kitchen. He was stood there in the middle of your room with the most aghast expression on his face. He literally looked as if he had stepped into his own personal hell, which you had to admit your apartment kind of was. You knew how much he hated mess so you always made sure to clean up before he came over but since you hadn’t been expecting him anytime soon your apartment was an absolute mess. To be honest you didn’t really like having your home like this either but you honestly hadn’t had time to clean it yet so when Hoseok looked in your face you knew what he wanted.

“Jagi I know you were busy but seriously this is… I don’t even know how to explain it.”

“I know, I know but I honestly haven’t had time to clean it. I was gonna do it tomorrow…”

“You always say that though and then I end up cleaning it.”

“I’m sorry about that. I’ll try better.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m not your father but it’s just that I worry about you when I’m not with you. It’s not healthy to live like this and I don’t want you to get ill babe.”

“I know Hoseok and I’m sorry for worrying you. I promise I won’t ever let it get this bad again.”

“I love you too. Now get started.” he said with a serious tone of voice. You sighed heavily, nodded and went to the cupboard to get your rubber gloves out.

Over the next couple of hours you cleaned the bathroom as well as your bedroom and the living room. You scrubbed, washed, mopped, hoovered and dusted. You changed your sheets and threw a couple of loads of laundry in the washing machine. Though you were tired by the end of it all you also felt accomplished. It was nice to see your floor again and even nicer to be able to walk around without having to worry about stepping into something. You grabbed your cleaning supplies and were about to move into the kitchen when you came across Hoseok sitting at the dinner table, waiting for you.

He had set the table and cooked all your favourite dishes even though they were things he wasn’t used to cooking. There was everything from Mac ‘n Cheese to garlic bread to potato wedges and even a few dishes from your country. He got up, grabbed the cleaning stuff off you and led you to the table. He pulled out your chair like a perfect gentleman and poured you Strawberry flavoured Ribena in wine glasses which caused you to giggle and him to wink at you before he sat opposite you.

“I already cleaned the kitchen so you don’t have to worry about that.” he told you with a smile on his face.

“Thank you, oppa. You really didn’t have to cook and clean for me.” you answered, feeling touched that he had done this for you after what had surely been a long days for him.

“I know but I wanted to. I wanted to make sure you were still alive and I always wanted to help you relax. I know my jagi did well in her exams so I’m not worried about that but I wanted to make sure you would be fine for the next couple of days.” he explained to you as he poured himself a glass of Ribena.

“What do you mean by that?” you asked him curiously.

“Well I’m not done with promotions just yet but I took today off so I could see you.” he admitted in a small voice and you could swear his cheeks were slowly turning red.

“Aww, oppa you didn’t have to. I know you’re even busier than I am.” you chastised him gently, still glad the he came but worried about his workload.

“It’s okay. At least now I know you’re not living in a bacteria infested cave anymore.” he said in a teasing voice. He had a playful expression on his face, trying to show you that he was fine.

“Haha, very funny” you remarked drily “but thank you very much for all this.” you told him sincerely.

“Anytime for you jagi.” he simply said.

The two of you proceeded to eat and talk to each other. You caught up with all that had happened in each other’s lives but before you knew it, it was getting late and time for Hoseok to leave already. You accompanied him to the door where you shared a sweet kiss before he left.

“Hmm jagi I don’t want to go just yet.” he whined.

“I don’t want you to go yet either but you have to but you’ll be done with promotions in just a few days and then we can be together again.” you said to placate him but to be honest you were speaking more to yourself than him. You had missed him like crazy but you hadn’t really realised how much you had missed him until you’d seen him again.

“I guess you’re right… Argh, this is the part I hate the most. I’ll see you in a few days and I’ll definitely call you before then. I also made enough of everything so that you won’t starve, I know you’re gonna stay in bed for the foreseeable future so check the fridge for food. I don’t want you to live off take away.” he said in his motherly tone that you had come so accustomed to.

“Thank you oppa. I think this might be why I love you so much.” you told him with a smile on your face.

“Because I look out for you?” he tried to guess

“No because you’re pretty good at cooking.” you remarked cheekily causing him to chuckle.

He leant down and pecked your lips quickly before he left your apartment.