EP1: Chanyeol

Just Answer Me 2014

Tired and exhausted from all the beatings he got today, Chanyeol tried to enjoy the moment of being alone inside the parked limousine of his Young Master, while he waited for his call that should signal their departure from the hospital.

It was almost 12 noon and Suho seemed to be taking his time in negotiating with the patient, a notion which was highly uncharacteristic of him, Chanyeol thought. He would’ve tossed a couple of large bills to the guy’s face if he were a random stranger to get the matter over with, but maybe the guy was actually a student? If so, Suho would’ve knelt down and asked him for forgiveness. That’s how two-faced he is, treating people based on their social status. He had known Suho long enough to know about his nice-guy mask, since he grew up with him under the Kim’s household. He was, after all, a charity case, an adopted “son” of Suho’s family when his mother, a long time chambermaid working for them, passed away when he was four years old.

He was taken in out of the kindness of Suho’s father, a trait that the original son never inherited. But Chanyeol wished he was old enough back then to have run away from them, because of the bullying he got growing up from Suho’s mother. If Suho’s father lived a longer life, maybe his own life would’ve been better. But alas, a few months after his mother’s death, the Kim family mourned afterwards, with the death of the head of the Kim household, leaving Chanyeol on the hands of Suho’s mother, who seemed to have an innate dislike on his existence and Suho, a quiet boy who grew up under the care of his capricious and wicked mother, who in the long run reflected the traits of the pond who nurtured him.

Even if he cursed Suho most of the time for his coldness and two-faced personality, he couldn’t help but feel sorry for him too, that’s why he never once fought back even if he can take him down in a single strike, considering their size and height difference. Chanyeol thought of the time that both of them got locked inside a closet by Suho’s mother, all because she caught them playing together when she specifically told them not to, because they did not have the same social status. As a punishment, she locked them up, giving them a dose of their own medicine and “all the time in the world to be together” as she put it, inside a dark closet in their basement. Chanyeol and Suho comforted each other then, but after that Suho never came near him or talked to him, mainly because of the order of their “Mother” and just exchanged formal and distant greetings with him when there were other people around.

Of course, there were lot things that happened between him and Suho when they were growing up, but Chanyeol had to stop himself from reminiscing when he heard his phone ringing.

Lay – Top Grade Milk is calling, his phone says.

“Lay-sshi, what can I do for you?”

“You with Suho?”

“No, he’s still in the hospital, probably sorting some things out.”

“Hey, I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but Baekhyun’s locked himself in his office. We’re afraid he might do something dangerous, because of what happened today. Could you come here right now?”

“I..I think it’s better if I tell Suho about this.” Chanyeol replied, getting out of the car and began heading out of the parking lot.

“NO! I already called Suho. He was busy. And besides, we heard Baek screaming your name earlier. He seemed to be in pain, Yeol. He needs you.”

This made Chanyeol stop on his tracks.

“Is he alright?”

“No, Yeol, he isn’t. Stop hesitating and get your balls here before it’s too late.” Lay hung up after that.

Chanyeol was contemplating whether to believe Lay’s words or not. But he should, because Lay was never the type to lie, as far as he knows. He was the kindest out of all the spoiled idols that was Top Grade Milk.

But the thought of displeasing Suho again scared the out of him, so he hesitated and remained rooted on his spot.

And suddenly, a text containing 3 words mobilized his legs and made run back to the car, start the engine and drove off without a single glance and worry about what could happen to him when he comes to face to face with Suho again.

12:47 PM

From: Baekhyun

Yeol, save me.