EP1: Lay / Yixing

Just Answer Me 2014

“Yeah, he just came in looking like a wreck.”

Lay stifled a laugh, while looking at a disgruntled Baekhyun on the floor, his hair messy as if someone tried to pull his hair out.

“By the looks of it, his private wedding got cancelled because his highness Suho got into some sort of accident.” Lay answered over the phone, his tone full of jest and sarcasm. For the one being regarded as the most silent and unbiased member, it seems that the resident unicorn was definitely enjoying the news of Baekhyun’s despair.

Lay laughed at something that Sehun said, and replied, “That’s totally wicked! I love how you think little one. I think there’s a shop near the University. Go get the most beautiful roses. Our dear Baekhyunnie would love it.”

After he hung up, Lay dialled another number – Suho’s.

It rang and rang and rang, and after Lay’s third try, he finally heard a soft “Hello?” on the other end of the line.

“Ugh..hi.” Lay replied hesitantly.

“Lay-sshi, right?” a cheery voice answered him.

“Yeah…I’m…glad you remembered my voice.” Lay blurted out nervously, suddenly both surprised and embarrassed by what he just said.

“Ahh. Of course. “ Lay’s heart skipped a beat.

“And besides, Baekhyun saved your number on my phone.” And then a million rocks crashed on Lay and buried him on the ground alive. Metaphorically, of course, because of what Suho said. His face turned redder than a tomato because of the shame, what his wrong assumptions have done to him.

“Are you okay? We heard about—“ Lay started but Suho cut him off.

“I’m fine. We just had a minor accident, nothing serious. Is Baek alright?”

“Umm…yeah he’s good, don’t worry about him. “ Lay answered softly, making sure he was out of Baekhyun’s earsight.

“Tell him not to worry about me. Okay? I’ll fix this.” Suho replied reassuringly.

“Sure…Suho-sshi.”

“Thanks. Well, then, goo – “

“When are you going to visit Baek?”

“I..maybe later this evening. Tomorrow morning, latest. I just have to sort some things out.”

“Okay!”

“Thanks kiddo! Please tell Baek that I’m coming over soon. “

“Sure, I will. See you, then.”

“Yeah, see you too, Lay-sshi. Bye!”

Lay waited for Suho to hung up first. Like all those other times, and for all these years.

“Was that Suho?” Suddenly, Baekhyun lifted his head and looked at Lay desperately.

He waited patiently then, but all it got him was nothing, a stand still. He was patient but Suho never came to him. He almost lost him to Baekhyun and their stupid arranged marriage. Lay thought it’s now the time to change his strategy. He’s had enough of staying at the same place. It’s now time to make a move to make Suho his. Starting with Baekhyun.

“No, it was Chanyeol. He called because he was worried about you. That he’s coming over later to know how you’re doing.”

Lay noticed how Baekhyun’s cheeks turned red at the mention of Chanyeol’s name. He was probably right when he guessed that there’s something going on between the two. With a sly grin, he typed Chanyeol’s name on his contact list and pressed the dial button.