The Beginning

2 Months

Christmas eve, that was when Jung Yunho, 17 years old, first met Cho Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun was a younger boy, age 15, who did not appear to be interested but neither annoyed at the fact that another family of three had suddenly been brought into his home, Kyuhyun introducing himself simply as youngest child of the household. And not looking as if he had made any real effort to dress up, but at the same time, seeming to know a thing or two about fashion, Kyuhyun wore black pants with a simple and white button up shirt, which was barely tucked in and made the whole outfit look a little messy. Not to mention how his hair didn't seem brushed, but it was presentable at the very least. Perhaps even a little styled.

Yunho noted that for a man, Kyuhyun looked rather feminine. Pretty lips, almond shaped eyes, looking a little bored but was still attractive nonetheless, and extremely pale skin. Like the snow outside, Yunho mentally questioned whether or not that boy's skin had met sunlight. Probably hadn't in a while.

The elder remembered how Kyuhyun greeted him. A respectful tone of voice of voice accompanied by a 90 degree bow, but it gave off the impression that he didn't really care nor was he going to remember him, which Yunho found just a tad intimidating. But still though, he couldn't deny how sweet the younger's voice sounded. Soft and warm, in that kind of way that melted; Yunho couldn't do anything but greet back.

From then on, Kyuhyun and Yunho saw each other every once and awhile, but not enough actually become close. Rather, they knew information about each other, some likes and some dislikes, but it wasn't that important. They were just two people who knew each other more than strangers, but less than friends.

Fast track two years ahead into the future, and nothing has changed that much. Yunho had graduated school at the age of 18, and had quickly managed to start university by the following year. Kyuhyun wasn't doing so bad either, at the age of 16 winning a national mathematics competition, and now 17 as Yunho once was, already the smartest student in school and rather popular among his fellow classmates. Both had managed their lives quite well, without much contact or thought of the other.

But one day...

"Yunho." His mother called, voice sweet as usual. She was always so bubbly, even at he current age.

Yunho turned from his computer screen to face his mother, seeing that his father was also standing at the door. He replied simply, "Yes?"

His mother grinned happily, "Your father and I will be taking a vacation, we've decided to go to Cambodia!"

Yunho didn't really seem to give much thought, only nodding at those words as he turned back to the computer. He was writing an essay for one his classes at university.

"Well, have fun." Yunho said simply.

"Sorry that we can't go without you, but we'll pick up many souvenirs and clothes for you." His mother danced happily as he rolled his eyes lightly.

"Take care of the house while we're gone."

His father had his arms crossed, "Of course."

His mother adding on as she went into his room to pick up some clothes which had been thrown onto the floor, "And I thought it might be a little lonely here by yourself, so I invited Kyuhyun to stay with you."

Yunho stopped.

"...Eh?"

"Kyuhyun's parents are also going on holiday, and so we've decided for you two to stay together. Kyuhyun's under the legal age limit, so he can't stay home for 2 months, and I don't want you to be by yourself for so long." His mother cooed sweetly, while Yunho suddenly felt himself sweat for no apparent reason.

"I have friends who can stay over, other family, I-"

"Don't worry, Kyuhyun won't be any trouble. Look at him, he's a model student. I doubt he'd be a handful." His father then spoke firmly, but that did knock some sense into Yunho.

"I guess." He said.

"So, next week we'll be leaving, and he'll be moving in." His mother brushed her hair back as she walked out the room, older male following faithfully behind.

Yunho suddenly felt a little sick inside, "...Are you sure this is a good idea? I'm not actually close with Kyuhyun or anything, we don't normally see each other."

"Well, it's a chance to make friends." She walked passed the room while lugging a suicase.

Yunho sat and thought, and thought for a little longer, and thought as only one word escaped his lips.

"...Alright."


He never expected so much trouble from a grade A student.



-----------------------------------------------

I've started this story, I wonder where it'll lead me! >_< Enjoy~ ^^