Chapter 4

Rival Secret
The next day went pretty fast for Hyuna. She picked a nice dress and was working on her hair. She had dyed it in a light fall brown. She had to put contacts on because Woori had blue eyes. By the time she finished, it was almost time to go. Hyunseung had prepped her with a whole lot of weapons. However, he stopped when she stepped out of her room.
 
"Whoa."
 
Hyuna smiled,"Like it? I feel weird like this, I don't like to do it in front of you."
 
Hyunseung went over to her and kissed her on the cheek.
 
"This is why I'm  escorting you to the ball. I don't know how many men will go after you like this."
 
"Well, my eyes is hidden behind a mask."
 
"True, but that doesn't mean they won't look at your body."
 
"Eh. Who cares, I won't even look at them. I promise."
 
Hyunseung looked at her,"You are going to break that promise as soon as you step into the hall."
 
Hyuna giggled as she shoved him away.
 
"True."
 
Hyuna loaded the guns and extra things... And hid them in the pockets of her dress. She put on her mask, which covered the top part of her face, revealing the eyes only. Hyunseung was dressed formerly, but he would be lurking in the shadows around her at the ball. Soon, it was time to go.
 
"You ready?"
 
"I always was,"
 
Hyunseung rolled his eyes and opened the door for her. She stepped in and smooth her dress out. Hyunseung closed the door and entered the seat next to the driver's. Hyuna held the invitation to the ball tightly in her hand. Tonight she would have to be Nam Woori and spill everything she knew about gems.
 
When they arrived, there were already tons of people arriving with them. They were all the rich and apparently sophisticated people in the city. Hyunseung helped Hyuna out and looked at her. He also had a mask on that covered half of his face.
 
"You ready my lady?"
 
She smiled lightly gave him her hand. They walked to the entrance where everyone who were invited were announced. The first check was in front of the gates near the doors. Two servants were asking people for their invitations. When it was Hyuna's turn, she smiled brightly at them, melting theirs hearts.
 
"Hello ma'am. You look very...beautiful today. May I see your invitation?" He said as he eyed her.
 
She handed the card to him, showing her beautiful white skin. The servant stared at her hand before snapping back to reality.
 
"Thank you."
 
He looked at it and smiled,"Welcome Miss Nam. I hope you enjoy the ball."
 
She nodded and entered with Hyunseung who nodded toward the servant and he nodded back.The second test was entering with her name being announced for everyone to hear.
 
"May I ask for a name?"
 
She looked at him and answered in a sweet melodic voice just like Woori's.
 
"It's Nam Woori, and this is my . Park Taehyun."
 
The servant's eyes twinkled at her voice.
 
"Th...thank you ma'am."
 
He turned from her sweet gaze and faced the crowd.
 
"Miss Nam Woori with her Mr. Park Taehyun!"
 
Many people turned towards them and smiled. They seemed to know Woori. She walked in with her help of Hyunseung as he began to whisper in her ear.
 
"I'll always be near you My Hyun. I'll be watching, you know that right? Send me a sign when you are in trouble and I'll come."
 
She nodded as they reached the end of the staircase. Immediately, people began to surround her and Hyunseung quietly made his way out and disappeared into the crowd.
 
"Woori!"
 
"Miss Nam!"
 
"Woori-ah!"
 
She wondered how she was going to do this when a hand reached out and grabbed her wrist. It dragged her away from the crowd and stopped where not a lot of people were.
 
"Woori! Long time no see! I knew you would come."
 
She lifted her gaze to see Kang Minhyuk's laughing eyes looking into hers. She smiled and nodded. She knew exactly what to say, it wasn't like this was the first time pretending to be someone else.
 
"I missed you Min. Thanks for inviting me as always."
 
Her melodic voice made him smile wider and his eyes danced more.
 
"My pleasure. Well, this is a ball, would you like to dance?"
 
He asked for her hand and she gladly gave it to him. He pulled her to the dancing floor and began dancing.
 
"Woori, I have a new gem in my collection that I want to show you. I know that you like gems, so a got a lot for you! Oh! And I also want you to meet a good friend of mine. I haven't seen him in a long time, but I invited him anyway!"
 
She just smiled again and continued dancing. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Hyunseung looking at them. They had been dancing for a while when the servant called out a name again.
 
"Mr.Lee Hoya!"
 
Minhyuk turned and smiled as he reconized the name. 
 
"Woori, that's the guy I was telling you about. Lee Hoya. Come on. I'll introduce you to him."
 
Hyuna tilted her head as she followed Minhyuk to the entrance. She knew that she heard the name somewhere....just where?
 
"Hoya!"
 
The guy turned around at the mention of his name and faced them. He slightly grinned as Minhyuk hugged him tightly.
 
"Man! I missed you! It's been like what? about 13 or 15 years since I last saw you. I remembered you liked masquerade balls so I invited you."
 
"Heh.. Thanks. I missed you too, but I didn't think you would remember me."
 
"No. I never did. Dude, you were my best friend. How could I forget my best friend?"
 
Hoya smiled, but soon gave a look of surprise as he noticed Hyuna next to Minhyuk.
 
"Oh! Sorry about that. This is Miss Nam Woori. Woori, this is Hoya, my best friend when I was little. Hoya, this is Woori, my expert on gems."
 
Hoya kissed her hand and looked at her.
 
"Pleased to meet you Miss Nam."
 
"Pleased to meet you too, please call me Woori Mr.Lee."
 
"And please call me Hoya."
 
Minhyuk seemed proud for introducing his friends to eachother. He put his arms around the two of them and walked to one of the deeper hallways.
 
"This is where I keep my gem collection Hoya. I know Woori knows where it is and she also knows every single gem I have there. Right Woori?"
 
She nodded her head as they continued to walk. They went deeper and deeper into the house when they finally arrived at a door.
 
"Welcome to my gem collection."
 
Minhyuk opened the door to reveal a enormous room filled with gems. There were rows, shelves, and glass containers filled with them. 
 
"Look around and pick what you like, it's my thank you gift for coming."
 
Hyuna looked around carefully to see if the Moonlight was there, but of course, it would never be this easy. Outside, a voice called for Minhyuk to come and introduce himself to the guests.
 
"Hm.. sorry about that. You guys keep looking around, I'll be right back after this."
 
He walked out, leaving an awkward silence between Hoya and Hyuna. Finally, Hoya broke the silence.
 
"Well...um. What gem are you looking for?"
 
"Something special."
 
"Oh..."
 
He moved towards her and stopped right behind her.
 
"If you are that great of a gem expert, you must surely know the Moonlight Diamond..."
 
Hyuna stiffened unwillingly, and Hoya felt it.
 
"Why? What's wrong?"
 
"Nothing, it's just a very valuable gem, that I always get shivers when I hear the name."
 
Hoya was about to say something else when Minhyuk walked in. 
 
"Woori? Hoya?"
 
"Over here Min." Hyuna answered.
 
Hoya moved away from her and continued to look at the gems. Minhyuk came over and put his arms around Hyuna.
 
"I want to show you something. It's very valuable and extremely hard to get. One of a kind."
 
They followed him into another room where it was all dark except for one beam of light.
 
"I present to you, the one and only... Moonlight Diamond."
 
Hyuna smirked, but gasped in sake of Woori. Hoya wondered why things were going so smoothly.
 
"How did you find it?" Hyuna asked.
 
"Took me 7 years of seeking, climbing, yelling, begging, and some embarrassing moments to get it, but hey. It was all worth it."
 
"Master Minhyuk!"
 
Minhyuk groaned to hear his name called again,"Grrr.... Sorry again. I can trust you to stay and play calm right? I'll be right back."
 
"Of course you can trust me Min." Hyuna sweetly smiled as she said it.
 
Hoya nodded without taking his eyes off the gem. Minhyuk smiled and closed the door. Now it was just the two of them again.
 
"I finally found you."