Chapter 24

Rival Secret


"He can go home soon Miss Hyuna," the doctor informed her.

"Thanks Doc."

The doctor nodded and went out with the nurse. Hyuna smiled and sat next to Hyunseung.

"You can go home now."

"I'm thinking of a hotel. A really big and nice one, how about you?"

"I don't know... Maybe we should stay with B.A.P oppas for awhile. I mean, it will be good to have family around."

Hyunseung nodded,"True. Do you want to call them?"

"You can go home soon, but not so fast mister. You still have a few days more to go." Hyuna told him as she laid down next to him.

"I can't wait to get out of this place. A gang member should not be confined in a tiny bed!" He announced.

Hyuna giggled and locked her fingers along with his. Hyunseung her hair and told her what they were going to do when they get out of this place. Suddenly, the door burst open to reveal Hoya. Hyuna got up immediately by the sight of him.

"H..Hoya."

Hoya was out of breath, but he still had the dagger in his hands. Without a word, he went towards her and roughly grabbed her hand and walked out the door. He slammed her to the wall and locked her between his arms.

"Explain this to me." He said as he held the dagger into view.

"M..my dagger."

"Tell me what happened. Tell me you didn't do everything that WooHyun told me you did."

"I really don't know either... But when I was in my room, WooHyun somehow came in. He told me everything... About Black Stallion, my parents, your parents, and about what happened that day. He planned everything all along. Then, he told that Hyunseung was dying and that he would die soon if I didn't of to him. I was so panicked that I couldn't think straight. I only had my dagger, so I just blindly threw it at him. I guess I didn't throw it correctly... I don't know what happened after that, I just ran out to get Hyunseung."

"Why should I trust you?"

Hyuna looked straight into his eyes,"You don't have to."


They stared at each other for awhile.Hoya's breathing returned to normal, and the fire in his eyes died out. Suddenly, he dropped the dagger and pulled Hyuna into a warm embrace.

"Y..yah!"

"Thank you...thank you. I knew it couldn't be you, your not the one to do those things."

"C..can you let me go now?" Hyuna asked.

"Oh.. Sorry."

Hoya let Hyuna go right as she asked. To be honest, they were still awkward after their kiss. The two of them went back into the room where Hyunseung raised his eyebrow at him.

"Sorry man. I just had to make sure of something."

"I don't know what you're thinking, but my girlfriend won't attack Infinite just like that without a reason. Sure we are rivals, but even the sun and moon as to meet sometimes. No matter how far apart they are."

Hoya was so surprised that he knew exactly what they talked about. He felt stupid, it was Hyunseung for goodness sake,"I'll keep that in mind."

Hyuna went back to Hyunseung, and Hoya couldn't help but feel a pang of jealously hitting his heart.

"Hoya. What happened exactly after I left?" Hyuna asked.

"Well... I don't really know that well, but I'm pretty sure it's WooHyun's fault."

Hyuna and Hoya told eachother what happened, about Black Stallion, WooHyun, their past, the Infinite members' weird actions, the house filled with smoke, and everything that had happened. 

"Memory chips." Hyunseung told them.

"Memory chips?"

"Yeah, I heard WooHyun talk about them once. You have to program them before you insert them, but they basically rewrite your memory into what the creator wants you to think. I'm pretty sure WooHyun used that."

"What in the world. So they basically erase your memory huh... Anyway to remove them?" Hoya asked him.

"Take them out probably." Hyuna answered.

"Well duh." Hoya looked at her, and Hyuna stuck her tongue out at him.

"That's really the only way." Hyunseung informed them.

"But it's not like I can drag them in here to get them out. Can we?"  Hoya looked at them.

"Call the Doc. I need to ask that man somethings." Hyunseung told Hyuna.

Hyuna nodded and went out the door. Now, it was just Hyunseung and Hoya.

"Hoya, I want to ask you something." Hyunseung said suddenly.

"What?"

"What were you doing in our house?"

"Uh...um...well... I just wanted to know if she was okay."

Yup... That was an amazing answer.

"Why wouldn't she be?" He asked eyeing him.

When Hoya lifted his head, he froze. Hyunseung's eyes were shooting fires at him, and that's when he finally understood why the other gangs were afraid of these two. Hyuna and Hyunseung both had eyes of fire that could trap you in fear.

"Well?"

"Oh! B..because."

"I'm here."

Hyuna came in with a doctor at her heels. Hoya sighed in relief as Hyunseung removed his gaze from him to the doctor. 

"How much movement can I do once I get discharged?"

"Not much sir. If you move too much, the wound may open again. The most you can do is about shooting and moving anywhere but your stomach."

"Then leave the fighting to me." Hyuna told him.

He nodded and looked back at the doctor.

"Other thing. You know anything about memory chips?"

"M...memory chips?"

"Yeah, you know anything about them?"

"No... I don't. I'm sorry, but I must get going."

He turned around to leave, but found Hyuna blocking his way.

"Not so fast Doc. I can feel that you know them. Tell us everything you know."

"I can't! If I do, then the Black Stallion will kill me!"

"Black Stallion?"

"Yes."

Hyunseung spoke up,"Don't worry. Once we're through, you won't even have to be scared of them."

"How can I trust you people? You people are in gangs!!"

Hyuna scoffed,"Yeah, you don't trust us, but you trust Black Stallion? What did they tell you? That they will spare you? Ha. You're  killing yourself by trusting a fool's words."

"B..but..."

"What ever they promised you, they will never make it up. Ever." Hoya told him.

"Are you sure about them never bothering me again?"

"I swear on my life." Hyuna told him.

The doctor sighed,"Fine. I created the memory chips for him. I was a scientist before becoming a doctor when I was younger. He told me that he needed it to get rid of a annoyance in this town. Well, even if he didn't have a clear reason, I could tell I would die if I didn't do it. The memory chips were created to completely rewrite a person's memory."

"Wait. Is it permanent?"

"No. The only way that can be done is to take them out by surgery. It's easy to out them in, but taking them out is quite a work to do."

"So that's the only way. Bring them all here somehow and take it out one by one," said Hoya.

"Look Doc, can you help us out and take all those damn memory chips out of their idiotic brains? No offense Hoya." Hyunseung asked him.

"None taken."

"H..help you people? Never! I...I thought helping the Black Stallion was bad enough! I can never help a gang again!" He declared.

Hyuna smiled and tilted her head to the side. She started to hum, and Hyunsejng stared at her with wide eyes. She took out her gun and loaded it, while walking towards him.

"You're a doctor right? Tell me, is it a doctor's job to help their paitent if something is wrong with their body?"

"I..it is..."

"Then tell me. DO YOU NOT SEE THIS AS A PROBLEM?!?!?"

"I..it is." He sighed as he said it.

"Before I seriously get frustrated, make a good decision and help us. You think we're worst than Black Stallion? If you don't do this, I'll show you what's worse."

"Hoya. Can you get her? Away?" Hyunseung asked sighing.

"S..sure." 

Hyuna can be really scary if she wants to. Hoya lifted Hyuna up, despite her wild protests and dropped her down next to Hyunseung on his bed. Hyunseung then hugged her so she couldn't move.

"Please doc. Before she tries to make you go through a world of pain, which she will do, please agree to this. We're against Black Stallion. The reason why she hates them so much is because they killed her parents. Also.... They killed mine, so please." Hoya pleaded.

The doctor looked away from them. After a suffocating silence, he sighed and turned back to them.

"I will help you people. However, you must promise me that my life will be safe."

Hyuna never stopped glaring,"Trust me. After I'm through, you won't have to worry about anything."

"Thanks Doc." Hoya told him.

The doctor went out of the room, leaving the three alone again.

"Hyuna. What was the fire all about?"

"That person was getting on my nerves, and I realized that WooHyun will use my fear for his own use. It just made me think of how stupid I was. I decided to get back to my old self as THE Hyuna of Trouble Maker." She announced proudly.

Hyunseung smiled,"That's my girl."

"So... No more nice Hyuna?" Hoya asked.

Hyuna threw a pillow at him, which he ducked, but a second pillow came his way, and made its mark in his face.

"Ow! Hey Kim Hyuna, I'm gonna get back to you!"

Hyuna just smirked at him and stood up.

"Do you think my house is safe enough to go back to?"

"Why?"

"I need to get more weapons. All I have is my dagger and my gun. We need much more than that to get any of your members. Of course, you have to do some role playing too."

"Me?"

"They trust you, if they see me? Boom. I get shot, not that I'll allow that, but still. You have to be our joker."

"Joker?" He asked.

Hyunseung chuckled,"Old Hyuna. The good ol' days are back!"

"Oh hush mister." 

"Yes ma'am."

"What do I have to do as a....um, joker?"

"I promise, or try my best to not to rip WooHyun apart, just drag at least one of your idiots here okay? Just play cool, and it'll be easy. Once at least one of them's here, then, Ta da, the damn chip is out of their stupid bird brains." She said as she waved her hands sarcastically.

"Oh... EASY FOR YOU TO SAY! You're a trickster, but.. But I'm a shooter."

Hyuna sighed,"Just follow my lead, and you'll new fine. Jokers are puppets to make people laugh, and they are always controlled by another person." 

Hoya looked at her smiling face,"You're gonna control me...."

"Or else you're gonna kill yourself. Relax, I'll be real nice. If...I feel like it."

"Great. Lovely... Wonderful!" He said sarcastically.

"See? Everything works out."

He growled, and Hyuna just smiled sweetly at him.

"Remind me to hate you after this."

"Oh,but that'll be hard." She said pouting.

He was about to snap back at her when Hyunseung intervened.

"All right you two, get on with it. I'm gonna ask the doc to heal me already, well, at least faster than this rate. Hyuna, be safe all right? I want your sparkling eyes to be the same when you come back."

"That now, won't be hard."
 
"You sure about all of this?" Hoya asked nervously.

"I'm always sure about tricking people."

------ Infinite -----

"Why is Hoya acting like that? Do you think he could have switched sides?" SungYeol asked quietly.

"NO! Hoya isn't the guy to betray his family. He's probably confused. Hopefully." SungJong said uneasily. 

To them, this was just all natural. Everything matched perfectly in their controlled brains. It quietly switched to WooHyun as the leader instead of SungKyu. They hadn't moved from Hyuna's house and was planning everything first.

"Look. Maybe we really don't know Hoya. For all we know, he doesn't think Hyuna and Hyunseung would do these things to us." DongWoo suggested.

WooHyun sighed,"Let's track them down. We can find out who's side Hoya's in later, but getting Trouble Maker out of the way is first."

"All right." 

They were about to move out when the door opened,and Hoya stepped inside the room.

"Hoya?" WooHyun stood up.

In his hands, he had Hyuna's dagger, covered with blood.

"She's dead."