The Choice

Coffee Shop Of Miracles

He sat there looking so gorgeous. The way the sun lit up his already radiant smile and made the golden streaks of his hair shine through. He was just too perfect. I wasn't sure if I should approach him or not, but I decided I would. He sat alone at a table outside at my favorite coffee shop. I took a deep breath and ordered two drinks. Then I went outside.

"Eh...Excuse me. Is this seat taken?" I asked him with a shaky voice.

 "Oh. No. You can sit." He answered me with that smile. Oh that smile.

"Hello. I'm Kyungsoo." I extended my hand for a handshake before I sat down.

"I'm Chanyeol. Nice to meet you Kyungsoo. Please sit." He shook my hand and gestured to the empty chair across from him.

I sat down and realized I still had two drinks.

"Hey Chanyeol. I don't know if you drink coffee or not, but they messed up my order and gave me two. Would you like the other one?" I asked him unsure if he would take the bait.

I hoped that if he took the coffee that maybe we could meet here for coffee some times and get to know each other.

"Yeah. Sure. I didn't bring my wallet with me this morning. I left it on the table in the living

room. Thank you very much for your kindness Kyungsoo. I appreciate it, I was getting pretty thirsty." Chanyeol answered me and accepted the drink thanking me.

"Ah. Well it's no problem really. I'm sorry to hear that. Do you live far? I could drive you over to pick it up. Also if you're hungry, I was going to go get some lunch after watching a movie. I'd like to treat you to both, if you'll accept my kindness." I asked him on a date without knowing it was.

"I don't live far. I'd love to tag along. Thank you for your kindness. At least let me buy you ice cream after lunch. It's the least I can do." Chanyeol agreed to come along and offered to buy me some ice cream after lunch.

After we finished our coffee we got into my car and drove to his apartment. I waited downstairs leaning against my car. I was thinking to myself how perfect this day was becoming. He came downstairs and got in the car. I looked at the time and realized we'd have a good hour or two before any of the movies start. This could be a chance to bond some more. I started the car and headed for the shopping district.

"Hey Chanyeol we have about an hour or so before any of the movies start. Would you like to walk around the shops while we wait?"

"No I don't mind at all. In fact I would love to go shopping." Chanyeol answered and put his hand on top of mine.

For a split second it felt like an electric current had gone through my body. I looked at him and he looked at me with a smile then moved his hand away. My heart sank a little as he took his hand away, it felt like... it felt right with his hand on mine. When we got to the shopping district I parked in a parking garage by the theater.

"Do you want to get the tickets for the movie now?" I asked Chanyeol. He looked around then back to me.

"Yes. That would be a good idea. I'm going to the arcade. I want to check something out." He smiled to me then walked off to the arcade.

I got the tickets and decided to indulge in a soda. Then I heard Chanyeol scream out of joy and then he laughed. He even had a cute laugh. Oh boy, this day was going to be interesting. I walked into the arcade to find him either: A. Putting something into his bag or B. Looking for something in his bag.

"Hey Chanyeol. Are you done in here?" He turned around.

"Yes I am. Hey Kyungsoo lets go to the stores now. I want to check out some new coats." Then he smiled again.

So we headed out. In the first store, we just walked around, there really was nothing we liked. We were just walking down the sidewalk when Chanyeol screamed and ran into a store. It was a store full of coats and jackets. This made me realize I needed to get a new one since the one I had was full of holes and patches.

Chanyeol noticed I was still standing outside. He came out and grabbed my hand.

"Come on Kyungsoo. I need your opinion on some jackets." He dragged me inside.

We were holding hands and smiling together. He grabbed a few jackets and had me try them on. Around the third time I came back out he stopped me. He was looking me up and down. Then he clapped his hands and said that was the one.

"Chanyeol can I put the other ones back now?" I asked him, I don't like when things are out of order.

I didn't realize I was still wearing the jacket, but Chanyeol linked arms with me and we left the store. About half way down the sidewalk I realized it, and I went to turn around to walk back when Chanyeol grabbed my hand.

"Where are you going Kyungsoo?" He asked me sweetly.

"I'm going to bring the jacket back. I forgot I was still wearing it. I didn't pay for it. So I have to bring it back. You bought your jacket so they probably thought I paid for mine too." I told him afraid I was going to get in trouble.

"Oh. Don't worry about it. It's my gift to you. I bought the jacket specifically for you. I noticed that you needed a new one, You wear the same jacket every time I see you at the coffee shop. So I figured I'd get you a new one since we were here." He smiled but didn't let my hand go.

Instead he laced our fingers and gripped tighter. I looked at him with tears forming in my eyes.

"Oh Chanyeol, Thank you! Thank you so much. I... I.. I've wanted to tell you something but didn't know how or if I should... But, here goes nothing. Chanyeol I like you." I confessed to him, hiding my face in fear of what his reaction would be.

"Awe Kyungsoo. You're too cute to be hiding your face." Chanyeol said to me as he pulled my face to his. He nuzzled his nose on mine. Then leaned back but kept my gaze.

"Kyungsoo, I like you too." He confessed to me then kissed me. My heart stopped for a second, I got huge butterflies in my stomach, and then I felt that familiar electric shock.

It felt like we stood there in each others' arms for hours but it was only a few minutes. All I knew was that I enjoyed every second of it. I was still unsure as to how we would proceed from here. I checked my watch, we had five minutes until the movie started. We continued to walk hand-in-hand back towards the theater. That's when I noticed Chanyeol looking at a set of matching rings. He seemed to want them, but looked sad as it was probably a couples ring set.

"Hey Chanyeol could you go get me a drink? I'm pretty thirsty, there's a vending machine over there." I asked him so I would have enough time to do what I needed for a present for him.

"Yeah sure. Any flavor or do you want a specific one?" He asked me with a curious smile.

"No, any flavor is fine with me. Thank you." I replied then when he was far enough away I bought the rings. I hid them in my pocket to wait until the right moment.

"Here you go. It's apple, Sorry it took so long. I was having trouble deciding which flavor to get." He handed me my drink. I just kissed him on the cheek after taking the drink from him.

"It's fine Chanyeol. Thank you." We held hands and headed towards the theater.