Chapter 2

Lesath

“Moira!” she heard Ymir’s voice yell her name a minute or two after the doorbell rang. “” she thought out loud as she remembers who was supposed to come by today. Exactly at that moment the door of her room swung open and there he was.

 

Her fiancé. Who she figured out to be the most horrible man on this planet. He is the example of someone who was brainwashed perfectly by the government. He doesn’t know yet about her hate for the ‘every 18 year old needs to go get a Nix’ rule. But even though he doesn’t know yet, they still have quite some quarrels. Moira hates the way how he thinks. He thinks like he’s some sort of god. Luckily, he also thinks that Moira is a goddess. So doesn’t have to be afraid for him.

 

 

Moira still doesn’t understand though, how her mother had thought that this was the ‘match made in heaven’ for her. Of course, she has to admit that her fiancé did in fact have great looks. He was smart. And rich. Lots of girls were jealous of Moira. But Moira knew, that the fact that he’s smart doesn’t mean that he is wise.

 

He is just a stupid brainwashed spoiled kid. “My lovely sunshine” he says as he walks towards her and embraces her. “Hello dear” she answered smiling. Yes, smiling. She smiled at him. Even though she hates how this man is. She cannot change anything about the fact that he will be her husband. And she had decided that it’s better to try to get along with him instead of making a fight over everything he says.

 

They were engaged at the age of 16. It was actually thanks to her horrible fiancé that she began to understood how cruel Lesath is. He kept talking about how he abused his father’s Nix to train his kickboxing, and how cruel he treated other Nix’s. Every time they saw each other he came with a new story and laughed, and every time Moira understood more and more of the fact that Lesath’s equality, freedom and peace is fake.

 

“I heard from your mother” he said as he slowly released her from the embrace. Moira was surprised to hear these words come from his mouth and she wondered. What was it exactly that he had heard from her mother?

She looked at him with big eyes. “It’s okay babe, I understand that you’re scared to go to the Nix’s world” he said while he grabbed her hands and softly hold onto them. Scared? So that’s what her mom had told him? “When I had to go on my journey 3 months ago, I was a bit scared as well. To go to that rotten world. But I suppose we have to do something, in order to earn our Nix” he told Moira and softly squeezed her hands.

 

Moira hadn’t expected him to say that. She realized, her soon to be husband isn’t a bad guy at heart, he was just raised to be a bad guy without knowing. She smiled, thinking like that, maybe, just maybe her future family with him won’t be that bad.

 

“Thanks” She finally replied. “I’m glad you came by Tao” as she said these words his eyes became watery. But he didn’t cry, he wouldn’t allow himself to cry, he has to be a strong man. Even though for him, those words were words he had wanted to hear ever since they were engaged. He pulled her in for a hug. And they stood still for some time, enjoying being embraced by each other in a peaceful silence.

 

Moira felt his happiness, and even though she still hates his attitude against the Nix’s, she had hope. Because, Tao is not a bad person, he was just brainwashed like every other kid. He was good at heart though, unlike many others. And she felt a bubble of happiness in her own heart now. As if there is a chance that she might be able to change his attitude against Nix’s. As if there is a chance, that her future will be bright.

-----------------------

Yaaay, I already wrote chapter 2 C:

Can you imagine... being engaged to Tao.. Ahhh main characters in fanfictions sure are lucky.

I hope you enjoyed reading!

Please do subcribe and comment <3