Chapter 3

Lesath

“Moira, is.. is it alright if I stay the night?” Tao asked with an innocent look on his face. It began to storm right after they had eaten dinner together. Moira didn’t really think that it was a good idea to let him stay over, but before she could open in protest, her mother already answered for her. “Awwh, that would be lovely. The two of you never spend a night together in the same room before right?” her mother chuckled, making both adolescents turn bright red. “Mo..mother! That was really uncalled for!” Moira said, while her face became even redder. Her mother wouldn’t stop yet though, “Are you blushing?” she giggled while giving her daughter a wink. Then her mother turned to her son in law and gave him a thumbs up saying: “Please take care of our lovely Moira during the night”.

Moira and Tao couldn’t believe what just happened and as soon as Rhea was gone they ended up laughing at the weird behavior of her mother. Their laugh slowly stopped,  “Do you mind if we sleep in the same bed?” Tao asked in the end. Being worried that Moira is now forced thanks to her mother. Moira really couldn’t believe her own mother, it must be some sort of revenge for their discussion from yesterday. Moira figured out that her mother must have planned all this beforehand.

Her mother doesn’t know though, that Moira is not that fond of her fiancé. In everyone’s eyes they are ‘the match made in heaven’, perhaps even in Tao’s eyes. The thought of sharing her comfortable bed with her stupid fiancé disgusted her. But she did know that Tao would never touch her without her consent. So she figured it should be fine, and it was kind of impossible to say no now…

“No.. It’s fine” she answered in a soft voice while looking away. “I’m going to take a shower” she quickly wanted to get away from him. They have been together for a whole day, and Moira knew it would only be a matter of time until she would get mad at him again.

He nodded and turned to the living room to watch TV.

 

The next day when Moira woke up, blinded by the sun streaming down on her face. She felt strong arms wrapped around her torso, not thinking much of it she rubbed her eyes in the hope her sleepy blinded eyes would become a bit more awake. As she finally became fully awake she heard Tao’s deep morning voice call her name and strengthen his grip around her torso. “Tao, won’t you let me go?” she said getting irritated at how comfortable he was around her while he was half . Since obviously there were no pajama’s in their house which would fit him, being it only her mother Rhea and Moira living in this house.

Tao opened his eyes and began to smirk as he understood the situation. “Oh, my lovely sunshine! Won’t you cuddle with your panda?” he said while trying to be cute. Moira was disgusted by his cute act though. It looks horrible to see him act like that while seeing his six pack. It just doesn’t fit. Moira turned away from him in the hope he would just stop and let go. But for Tao is was rather entertaining to see his fiancé act like this. He chuckled and surprised Moira with that. It made Moira turn around to look at him and as she saw his grin she hit his chest “You’re horrible, you know that?” she said, now understanding he was just joking around.

 

After breakfast Tao left again, he had to take care of his company and couldn’t stay any longer. Moira was happy to see him leave again, even though they hadn’t fought at all. Moira just made herself believe that it’s a good thing that he’s leaving and she won’t see him for four days. Actually she had a good reason. She was scared. Fearing that she would actually come to love his person after accepting that he’s a brainwashed kid with a good heart. Sure, she wants to believe she’ll have a bright future with him. But.. to accept him and fall in love with him right away? That is just something her pride wouldn’t allow her to do.

So Moira had decided that it’s best to not contact him till she goes on her journey. While waving goodbye to Tao she smiled feeling content with her decision.

 

The rest of the week Moira was doing her best to come up with a good tactic to go around in the Nix’s world. There were a couple of things she could do. Most Asters would just go around in their normal clothes which screamed ‘I’m a rich Aster and here to make you become my slave’. As soon as the Nix’s saw an Aster they became hostile, though they could not do anything about it if an Aster told one of them to be her or his slave. Of course Moira did not want to do that at all. But on the other hand it’s not like she has some clothes from the Nix world available here. The only theory she could come up with was to go to the Nix world in her own clothes, of course her most Nix like clothes, and then immediately look for a clothing store to get Nix clothing and try to fit in as a Nix. The clothing Asters wear are very different to the clothing that the Nix’s wear. Asters tend to wear very simple clothing. Black & white being the main colors. Of course they also wear colors, but only the really dark versions or the really white, pastel like, colors. Moira was a person who preferred the color black, but she also a lot of pastel colors. As for the clothing the Nix’s wore.. it was.. special. Moira had never seen Nix clothing before. But she had heard that they use a lot of extra thing which aren’t necessary for clothing. The motto for the Asters clothing is “less is more”, but apparently it’s the opposite for the Nix’s.

 

In order to not scare away any Nix she decided that it would be the best, if she pretended to be a Nix herself. And maybe she might find someone who has a rough live with no family, who she could take in as her Nix and then care for.
Any other Aster would call her crazy if she told them about her idea. But well, in the end all the other Aster were of course brainwashed, and would never ever wear Nix clothing and degrade themselves to fit in as a Nix.

 

Moira was sure that her method would work, she just hoped that there won’t be a lot of people who see her as she enters the Nix world in her own clothing, because that would totally destroy her whole plan. She asked Ymer for directions for the closest clothing store to the gate. Luckily for Moira he did still remember one, and how to get there.

After planning all this out, Moira had become a little bit excited. Since this was her chance, her very chance, to finally see what the Nix’s are really like, to see how they are living. It is her chance to find out everything about the Nix race she ever wanted to know. And she would not be able to let this chance slide.