CH16

The Best Friend Zone 2

 

(Chen)

 

“CONGRATS!!!!!” Luhan yelled and ran over to pat my back. The game was finished and we had won. By seven points. I gave Luhan a nod. It was a good game….

 

“let’s go check on Hani and Soo!!” Kai yelled all of a sudden and ran off.

 

“KAI!! WAIT!!” Luhan yelled and followed suit. I was glued to my spot after that. Sehun and Baekhyun helped Chanyeol up.

 

“hey. Can you check on Luhan and Kai? We need to bring him to the nurse.” Sehun snapped me out of my thoughts and I gave a stiff nod.

 

“you okay bro?” Chanyeol asked

 

“baby?” Yura asked and I was startled so I looked at her, but then I gave another stiff nod.

 

The reason why I’m like this is because at the mention of Hani’s name earlier…. I was back to thinking about what I had thought about earlier….

 

That can’t be the reason why I’m like this right?? I just miss her so much right?? And I care about her that’s why I’m like this…. Right???

 

“come on baby, let’s go to where Hani is.” Yura held my hand but I felt cold. I gave a nod and just let her lead the way…

 

--

 

Apparently, Kyungsoo and Hani joined a baking competition. They were given one baking room each, to be watched by one of the judges while they make a cake. It was a tag team so they decided to enter together.

 

I know Hani loves to cook but I didn’t know she liked baking.

 

They were now waiting for the cake to bake in the oven and Kyungsoo was making some icing when….

 

“ACK!!! SOO!!!” Hani yelled in annoyance because Kyungsoo wiped her face with icing…

 

“sorry. I just had to…” Kyungsoo smiled and Hani glared before attacking Kyungsoo with her own icing.

 

“WAIT!! TIME OUT!!” Kyungsoo yelled and ran away

 

“AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! YOU GUYS!!!” Luhan laughed, we were right outside their room, watching from the window.

 

“WAIT A MINUTE WHAT IS THIS SITUATION!?” Hani yelled when Kyungsoo started to chase her back… I smiled seeing Hani smile but inside me hurts so much since I am not the one making her smile like that anymore…

 

Of course not Kim Jongdae, you made her cry like countless of times because of your stupidity… now it up…

 

“you okay?” Yura asked

 

“y-yeah…“ I smiled at her and turned back to the scene…. But I wish I just remained looking at Yura… because I didn’t like what I saw….

 

Kyungsoo kissed Hani…

 

“KYAAAAAA!! OH MY GOD!!!!” Luhan squealed

 

“YEAH!!! THAT’S MY BOY!!!” Kai yelled in amusement….

 

It was only on the cheek but it hurts.

 

Hani is happy, she was laughing and blushing and it was so cute…. I wanted to see more of that side again… but I want to also be the reason why she’s showing it…

 

--

 

“you like her don’t you?” Junmyeon hyung said as soon as I finished my afternoon rant.

 

“w-What!? HYUNG… THAT’S STUPID.” I said and he threw a bread at my face…

 

“YAH!! Falling in love with someone is NOT stupid.” He defended

 

“but hyung!! Do you hear yourself?? This is Honeybee we are talking about!!! MY BEST FRIEND HONEYBEE!!!” I protested

 

“so??? What’s so bad about falling in love with your best friend??? unless you’re gonna get friendzoned there is nothing wrong with that…. Do you think Little Star has the heart to friendzone you??” He asked and I stopped…

 

I don’t know… I actually have no idea… if hyung is right and I am in love with Hani… will she accept me?? she already has Kyungsoo… and besides… I already hurt her a thousand times… I doubt she’ll ever love me again…

 

“but hyung… I can’t fall in love with her…” I said meekly

 

“why not? I mean, that’s what every girl would want, a lover who could be your best friend at times. They say it’s the best.” He said

 

Maybe for others… but I don’t think that applies to us…

 

“it’s complicated.” I replied

 

“wow.  What are you? a facebook status?” he teased and I threw the bread back at his face. Don’t ask why we’re throwing bread at each other… we’re at the kitchen.

 

“YAH! THIS KID!!” he said and hit me with a ladle… where did he get that!?

 

“look. There’s nothing wrong with admitting that you’re in love with Hani… I think maybe she’ll like that fact too…” he smiled but I sighed…

 

“hyung it’s more than that. I can’t just tell her that I am in love with her right away… I’m still unsure of my feelings… maybe I just miss her so much and all that…” I replied and he scoffed

 

“wanting to kill this Kai kid before and wanting to bury this Kyungsoo kid alive is not a sign that you just miss Hani…. you get jealous when she’s with someone right?” he asked

 

“hyung I---”

 

“just answer you little idiot!!” he shouted and I nodded in response..

 

“you always want to be with her like the old times right??” he asked and again I nodded

 

“you feel this strange feeling in your heart when she smiles at you, when she talks to you, when she’s with you… right?? You’ve never felt that before right???” he asked and once again… I nodded. He then walked over to me and patted my shoulder before saying….

 

 

“KIM JONGDAE YOU’RE IN LOVE WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND. CONGRATS.”

 

--

 

I still can’t fathom it… I still can’t believe it…. nope… I won’t believe it…

 

Why will I fall in love with Hani when I have a girlfriend?? That’s insane right??

 

“CHENCHEN!!!” I heard someone call and I felt my heart flutter… maybe… I have tiny crush on her?? And then maybe I just really miss her…. Yes… that must be it… that could be it.

 

“hm?” I asked

 

“CONGRATS ON YOUR GAME!!! I didn’t get to say it cause you suddenly disappeared right before the judges announced the winner…” she pouted

 

“aigoo you’re so adorable you know that?” I chuckled and pinched her cheeks…

 

I saw her turn red and that’s when I realized what I just did….

 

O_______O WHY DOES IT FEEL SO AWKWARD?!?!

 

Back then, when I pinch her cheeks or mess with her hair it doesn’t bother me…. but why does it bother me now!? I felt heat rise to my cheeks and my heartbeat started to thump very quickly… I stared at Hani…

 

What is this strange force that is pulling me towards her?? Yoda?? Master Yoda are you here??

 

“uhm…” Hani said and coughed. I snapped out of it and let go of her..

 

“oh.. sorry..” I mumbled shyly…

 

WHY AM I BEING SO SHY!?!? AISH JINJJA!!!!!

 

“knock knock!!!” we heard someone shout from outside the room… we both turned to see Baekhyun walking in

 

“hey!” Hani smiled and waved at him as he walked over to her seat

 

“it’s Chanyeol’s birthday this Saturday. Party at his place. He doesn’t know. I already told him I got plans on that day so when he asks…. Tell him that you got plans…” Baekhyun grinned and I saw Hani roll her eyes

 

“oh Chen you’re invited too.” He smiled and I nodded.

 

“hey!” Luhan waltzed in with Sehun, I didn’t notice that they weren’t there…

 

“hey Lu!” Baekhyun waved

 

“you told them about our plan??” Luhan asked and Baekhyun nodded, oh so it was their plan to trick Chanyeol… poor guy..

 

“yep! Now all I need to do is tell Kai… where is he by the way?” Baekhyun asked and looked at Hani.

 

“library.” Hani grinned and Baekhyun and Luhan’s eyes went wde, including mine.

 

“KAI’S IN THE LIBRARY!?!” LuBaek yelled in unison…

 

“YAH!!! IS IT THAT HARD TO BELIEVE!?!?” Kai suddenly waltzed in and yelled

 

“HAHAHAHA!! YEAH!!!” Hani, Luhan and Baekhyun yelled in unison and Kai glared

 

“but wait… what made you go to the library? That’s really rare.” Luhan commented and Kai was about to him with his hand but Sehun glared so Kai backed away…

 

“because I said so…. And he can’t say no to me because I got back up…” Hani grinned

 

“you and Kyungsoo enjoy my misery…” Kai pouted and my heart dropped….

 

I don’t know why but it did…

 

“where is he by the way?” Hani asked and she looked worried all of a sudden

 

“relax princess, your little prince is taking an exam…” Kai said

 

“what for?”Hani asked

 

“well, he went to this school late so he had to take a make-up exam so he’ll be able to catch up… or something like that… I didn’t really listen to his explanation.” Kai said and Hani sighed

 

“you should give him something!!!” Luhan squealed

 

“hm? Like what?” Hani asked and I looked between Luhan and Baekhyun who were thinking… why does Hani need to give Kyungsoo something????  it’s just an exam…

 

“like coffee… or something that he likes to drink… or eat… I’m sure his brain is drained and all that… like me for example… when Sehunnie is tired I buy him bubble tea..” Luhan smiled and I rolled my eyes…

 

Luhan buying bubble tea for Sehun does not only apply when the neutral one is tired...

 

“Kyungsoo likes cocoa…. Or maybe a cupcake??  Then he’d need something to refresh his system when he eat the cupcake… or maybe a cookie?? Maybe a cookie and a coco drink.” Hani started to calculate which I found very cute…

 

“AHAHAHA!!! Looks like someone is in love!!” Baekhyun teased and I froze…

 

“w-what are you talking about Baek??? I am not..” Hani defended… yeah… she’s just being a good friend Baekhyun…

 

“you’re getting flustered over such little things…. you don’t get to be like that with us… only to Kyungsoo… he’s special…” Baekhyun wagged his eyebrows…

 

YES SHE IS!!! SHE’S LIKE THAT WITH ME!!!! Before that is…

 

 

“i-is it bad to want to do something for a friend??” Hani asked shyly and her cheeks burned red. Redder than what I had seen earlier…

 

“you don’t HAVE to do it… but you WANT to do it…” Luhan countered and Hani was quiet.

 

“HA! WE WIN! HANI IS IN LOVE!!!“ LuBaek shouted in unison, Kai laughed and Sehun rolled his eyes….

 

“HEY BAEKHYUN!! OUR TEACHER IS HERE GET BACK IN CLASS!!“ Chanyeol appeared and Baekhyun bid goodbye…

 

“so….” Luhan started and looked at Hani like he’s some sort of gossip girl…

 

“w-what??”Hani asked

 

“it’s Kyungsoo isn’t it?? you like him?” Luhan asked and I don’t know… I was glued to my seat, waiting for Hani to answer….

 

A part of me wishes that she’ll say NO.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------

did you watch EXO's showtime episode two... BABY JONGDAE ON A SKATEBOARD IS SO AOFJANJVNSJGBSKJGBSKJ!!! yes... that's how I feel. and Kyungsoo was all alone in the movies he looks so dumb but also cute... and gdi Jongin's dogs... I WANT JONGIN's DOGS TT_____TT