CHAPTER 5

Perfection's Definition Must Be You

Internally panicking that it’s only going to be them left in the room by themselves, Luhan thinks of ways to make this night enjoyable and not awkward. He’s just shy when he’s around Sehun. Maybe he should just learn how to loosen up. Yeah, that’s what he’ll do. Goodbye Shy Luhan!  HELLO NEW LU.

“So….. I take the side closest to the wall, is that okay, Sehun?”

“Yeah, sure, you’re the guest,” Sehun agrees with a light laugh, and Luhan can feel his cheeks heating up. Why are you blushing? You’re a manly man! He’s just being nice…

Never in his wildest dreams did he think about sleeping next to some god like Sehun. “Boys! Dinner is ready!” Luhan starts when Sehun’s mother calls from down below. He had almost forgotten that they were waiting for her to call them back down for dinner.

“Let’s go shall we?” Sehun extends his right arm towards Luhan, much like he was about to bring Luhan on a romantic date. But of course, that wasn’t the case here. Don’t be silly, Luhan. He breezes past, opening the door and glances back at Sehun.

“Come on, slow coach, let’s get some food,” he says, and Sehun drops his arm down, chuckling knowingly. It seems like he didn’t let Luhan brushing him off get to him, and instead responds with a small smile.

“Of course, captain.”

-

When they walk down the stairs, the smell of food from before has gotten stronger, and all Luhan wants to do is devour everything in sight. Leading them down to the kitchen, Sehun slides a chair open for Luhan, then sits next to him. On the glass table, were different colored dishes and wow, it really does seem like they were expecting him.

“This looks so great, Mrs. Oh.” Luhan politely says, looking at all the food laid out in front of him.

“This is for you, Luhan! Sehun called me this afternoon and told me we’ll be having a special guest. He should have told me it was you, so I could prepare something more extravagant!” For a split second, Luhan saw the image of his mother, but then the burning in his cheeks made him go blank and he felt like a fish out of water.

“I-- Uhm-- You don’t need to though. Thank you?” He realizes that he’s probably not making a lot of sense, but Sehun’s mother just chuckles (It sounds like a female version of Sehun).

“Nonsense! This is payment for taking care of my Sehunnie. He must be a handful, and for someone to take care of him everyday, it must take a lot! He was actually afraid no one would be his friend.”

“MOM!”

“What? I’m just telling the truth--”

“Dad, please save me,” whines Sehun, turning to a man that Luhan had previously not noticed lurking by the kitchen door.

“Your mother is just telling the truth,” Sehun’s father repeats, grinning at his son’s defeated face. “Nice to meet you, Luhan, let us all go sit at the dinner table.”

Luhan follows them there. “Do you want me to help move the dishes or anything?” He asks, pausing to look at Sehun’s mom.

“No, honey, it’s fine,” she replies sweetly. “Sehun! Junmyeon! Come here and help me serve the dishes!” The two sons move as they’re told to, and Luhan feels all jittery as he’s left all alone with Sehun’s dad.

“Sit, sit,” he says, motioning to one of the chairs. “How’s Sehun doing in school?” Ah, this man doesn’t seem like Sehun’s biological father. He looks more of Junmyeon, no ounce of English blood in his brown eyes. Luhan keeps his judgements to himself, it’s not polite to ask. He knows, in time, Sehun will tell him his story.

“He’s great, sir. All of the female students want to catch his attention. But it seems like he never gives them the time of day.” Luhan slightly chuckles to himself when he remembers girls fawning over Sehun when they walk by.

“Of course Sehun would act all cold,” agrees his father. “But I see that he’s let his guard down with you?” Luhan ponders this for a moment. He doesn't know how to respond without sounding like they were closer than they actually are, but he doesn’t want to make it awkward with his host’s family. 

“I...suppose so, sir.” Luckily for him, the rest of the family returns with the plates, setting up the table and sitting down to join them. Sehun takes the seat next to Luhan once more, giving him all the cutlery, and also handing him his napkin. Sehun also adds food to Luhan’s plate, putting a little bit of everything in sight.

“Do you want chicken, Luhan? How about beef?” Sehun mumbles. Luhan just sits back and lets him do all the work. He’s the guest anyway. Obviously it’s not because of the flutter he feels in his stomach. It’s probably just the hunger anyway.

“Aw, my son’s such a gentleman.” Mama Oh coos. Sehun, turns away from Luhan, who laughs at his actions. “I didn’t tell you stop,” she scolds him jokingly.

“It’s okay, I’m sure I’ll be full from all the delicious food on my plate.” Luhan decided to save Sehun, whose face was probably as red as the tomato on his plate. “Thank you for the food.”

“You’re so cute, Luhan! I should have you as my son instead of Sehun! Normally, Sehun isn’t this gentlemanly, he’s just a brat. All he does when he comes home is eat then go to sleep.”

“It’s not like Junmyeon-hyung is any better! And he’s supposed to be an independent adult,” retorts, stuffing some rice into his mouth huffily.

“Ah, but at least Junmyeon is more disciplined than you will ever be. Lazy .” She says, before laughing at her own joke. “Oh don’t worry, Luhan. Sehun has his good qualities too...when he wakes up from his nap.” Naps. Sehun’s mom inadvertently reminded Luhan of what had happened a while ago, and he glances at Sehun.

“Naps are nice,” mumbles Sehun. “I’m sure Luhan agrees with me!” Sehun turns to Luhan for help. But in Luhan’s mind, he’s the one screaming SOS. Why does Sehun look so cute when he’s with his family? He acts like his age, the youngest of their small family, and it’s doing weird things to Luhan.

“Naps can be nice?” replies Luhan, shrinking under the gaze of the whole family on him. They laugh, all of them with the exception of Sehun who’s blushing, and Sehun’s father pats him on the back good-naturedly.

The dinner proceeds like that for the rest of the evening, the parents and Junmyeon doing a group attack on Sehun to try and get him flustered in front of Luhan. The latter found himself becoming more comfortable after their efforts, able to laugh freely by the time they were clearing the table.

“You don’t laugh like that when we’re at school.” Sehun notes, “like you do laugh but it’s never like this. Your eyes crinkle and your mouth just falls. It’s nice.” Luhan quickly places his hands on his face feeling where the crinkles would be. “I didn’t say I hated them.             I just think… you should laugh and smile more often.” That fluttery feeling came back, stronger than before, and Luhan had to steady himself in order not to drop the dishes in his hands. It wouldn’t make the best of impressions to break his host’s plates on their first meeting. He wouldn’t want Sehun’s parents to remember him as the clumsy idiot who broke their plates.

“We can watch a movie in my room before we fall asleep, since Chanyeol and Baekhyun aren’t here.” Luhan just nodded, he wasn’t really feeling sleepy and maybe a movie would distract him from the fact that he’ll be alone with Sehun for a whole night. A part of him wants to curse his vice president for ditching him at a moment like this, but the other part is strangely excited, and he can’t seem to pinpoint the reason why.

Luhan doesn’t go out much, maybe that’s the reason why. All he does is stay cooped up in his room studying for his tests, or just at the soccer field for games and practice. The only houses he’s ever been to are Baekhyun and Minseok’s. This is really a new experience for him, and he’s not sure if things are going right. Sure, Sehun’s family seemed so welcoming, so kind, but Luhan still felt so awkward and shy, afraid to make one wrong move that would create a bad impression of himself.

Luhan trails behind Sehun, keeping his eyes downcast, minding his own steps so that he doesn’t accidentally fall flat on his face if he trips on the stairs or something. “I’m fine with that. I don’t really feel sleepy anyway! We can try staying up the whole night!” Luhan excitedly babbles on when Sehun opens the door to his room.

“Do you mind if I use the bathroom so I can get ready?” Luhan asks, already heading to his bag of overnight items.

“Sure go ahead, the door’s right there.” Sehun points to a door that Luhan hadn’t previously noticed, before heading to his wardrobe and opening the drawers, going through his clothes to prepare for the night as well. Luhan muttered a quick thanks and entered the bathroom quickly, locking the door behind him.

He had struggled earlier in his room, trying to find something decent to wear. This was the first time that he would be wearing casual clothes in front of Sehun, and he didn’t want to look like some hobo in tatters. Sadly, he had made very good use of his favourite pajamas, not caring that it had started to look a little worse for wear since it’s not as if he was trying to impress anyone at home (not that he was trying to impress Oh Sehun!).

Luhan rummages through his knapsack for his top, just a plain one that looked casual but not too tattered, trying to find it amongst his things. He quirks an eyebrow when he can’t find it anywhere. He tries looking for the tracksuit pants that he was supposed to wear with it, but he can’t seem to find that either.

“That’s strange. I thought I brought it with me. I hope Sehun let’s me borrow a shirt.” Unlocking the door, Luhan sticks his head out the crack, and cranes his head into the bedroom. There he’s met with a long torso and strong shoulders. He blinks rapidly, wondering what it was. Oh. Half Oh Sehun. His cheeks quickly flame up, and damn, summer is so hot.

After finding his voice, Luhan speaks up, “Sehun? Sehun?” He calls. The latter turns around, s exposed to Luhan. If this were a manga, Luhan’s nose would be bleeding from the extreme hotness Sehun exudes. He’s never been face to face with a God before, he doesn’t know how to react. “Do you have an extra shirt I can borrow?” He stutters out, trying look at everything else that’s not Sehun’s body.

The latter doesn’t seem to notice Luhan’s predicament. He just goes along with the flow, walking through his cabinets to try to find something decent for Luhan to wear. “I thought you came prepared.” Sehun jokes when he walks closer to the restroom. Luhan has no response for that, he himself isn’t sure of what happened to his clothes. He swears he had put them in earlier, but the evidence shows otherwise. And it wasn’t as if Baekhyun could have done it, since he wasn’t around (Luhan would have definitely pinned this on him and his tricks).

Luhan sticks his hand out, asking for the shirt, but Sehun has other plans. He grabs a hold of Luhan’s arm, pulling him out from the restroom, his own torso exposed to Sehun. “We’re both guys here, you can just put it on right here. You can worry about the mess later on.”

Looking back at the mess he left in the bathroom, Luhan turns to Sehun wearily. “Are you sure about that?”

“Positive!”

“Okay, okay go set up the TV then I’ll just...change?”

“No-one’s stopping you,” teases Sehun, hands on his hips. He makes no move to turn away, still in his shirtless glory.

“Uhm well, aren’t you going to put a shirt on either?” Luhan questions, trying his hardest not to let his eyes roam over the pale expanse of Sehun’s chest.

“Nope! I’m staying shirtless. It’s really hot if you haven’t noticed.” He fans himself to prove his point. “I hope you’re okay with that. But you kind of have to be since you’re always surrounded by the soccer team.” Uh no, Luhan wants to say. He doesn’t find anyone as appealing as Sehun in the soccer team so this is by default very different. Luhan always plays a shirt, never a skin.

“Okay,” he drawls out, walking to the edge of the bed where he places Sehun’s shirt, before taking off his own. When he’s sure Sehun has walked to the other side of the room to get the DVD and TV going, he takes off his shirt too.

“Hey Luhan, what happened to your waist?” Sehun asks, coming up behind Luhan. His finger drags down his hip, and ends at the garter of his shorts. Damn it, he should have known. Quickly putting on the shirt, he turns around to face Sehun, looking him in the eye. “I thought there was an unspoken rule of no peeking, mister.”

“I wasn’t peeking though, I just happened to be turning around to ask you which movie you wanted to watch,” Sehun replies cheekily. “It’s polite to face someone when talking to them, is it not?” After glaring at Sehun momentarily, Luhan decides to give up and just tell him. He plops on the bed, legs dangling over the edge.

“I got it from soccer. Slipped on the mud one rainy day and impacted with someone else. Nothing big, except my hurt for a week or so.” Sehun examines him for a while, before shrugging his shoulders and joining Luhan on the bed. Luhan scoots over, moving towards the head board, leaning against it while taking a pillow, settling it on his lap. Sehun follows suit, sitting beside Luhan with a contented smile. “Why are you happy?”

“Is being happy bad?” Sehun dodges the question, smiling even wider at Luhan’s puzzled expression.

“Uh….no?”

“Okay then.” Sehun takes the remote, starting the movie.

“I hope you don’t mind Wolverine?”

“What happened to asking me about the movie?” Luhan turns to Sehun accusingly, raising his eyebrow.

“This is me asking.” Sehun smirks, lips curling upwards.

“Such a gentleman. No wonder girls fawn over you.” Luhan’s voice drips in sarcasm, playfully nudging Sehun with his shoulder.

“I’m quite the charmer, or so I’ve been told.” Again, Luhan rolls his eyes at the other’s confidence (although he admits it makes Sehun all the more charming).The movie starts, both of them rest into comfortable positions.

 

-

 

So to say, during the movie, Luhan couldn’t really concentrate because of the “gentleman” sitting beside him who would occasionally whisper commentaries in his ear. He could have just said it out loud! Luhan will never understand Oh Sehun. Not one bit. The next movie plays, and Luhan’s still wide awake. “Are you near dying yet?” He asks Sehun when he comes back to the bed after changing the movies.

“If you think I’m passing out now, you must think very lowly of me. Men don’t sleep at all, they wait for the morning sun to creep through the curtains.” Sehun hits his chest for emphasis. This is going to be a very long night.

 

-

 

It seems like after watching three movies straight, they’ve moved on to watching a series. It’s funny how Sehun has Boys Over Flowers on DVD, but somewhere around the third and fourth episode, Luhan fell asleep to Sehun’s steady breathing. Sehun looks down at Luhan whose head is now resting on his shoulder. Carding his fingers through messy hair, Sehun brushes strays away from Luhan’s forehead, softly gazing at him, an adoring smile lingering on his lips. “Notice me soon.”

 

-

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol come the next morning, well afternoon, arriving at one pm. Sehun’s mother opens the door to two excited children who come swathed in swim trunks and the smell of sunscreen overpowering them.

“Why hello there, Chanyeol!” Sehun’s mum hugs the taller before turning to the other. “And who are you? Are you another new friend of Sehun’s?”

“Byun Baekhyun,” chirps Baekhyun brightly, jumping into Sehun’s mum’s waiting arms.

“Oh my, you’re the first friend to ever hug me first,” she squeals excitedly, squeezing him especially hard. “I like you, Baekhyun.” She lets them both in, trying not to laugh at the evident pout on Chanyeol’s face after she said those words. “They’re still sleeping in Sehun’s room, I think they were marathoning movies and shows last night.”

“Thank you, we’ll go wake them up.” Chanyeol takes Baekhyun’s wrist, pulling him upstairs towards Sehun’s room.

“Should we try scare them?” whispers Chanyeol, now tiptoeing his way to the door. Baekhyun thinks it over, then shakes his head.

“Why don’t we just peek in, and see how the two lovebirds slept?” suggests Baekhyun, taking out his phone to prepare, just in case there was a good photo opportunity.Slowly, they open the door, trying to see what’s going on. When there wasn’t any response, they sneak in. As they get closer and closer to the bed, they can see that Luhan’s back was pressed against Sehun’s torso. The latter’s arm around the former’s waist.

Baekhyun quickly covered his mouth, he would have screamed if he hadn’t. The sight in front of him was simply scandalous. Scandalous! Their legs were tangled up, and his eyes notice that Luhan wasn’t wearing any pants, and that he was wearing Sehun’s shirt! Double scandalous!

He turns his head in the direction of the people behind him. “I’m not hallucinating, right? They’re definitely spooning, right?” Chanyeol’s eyes widen, and so does Sehun’s mum’s. Wait, when did she even get there? All three of them watch with their eyes wide open as Sehun stirs, starting to wake up. They try to not make any sudden movements, knowing that Sehun would have their heads if they were caught watching the pair sleep. Alas! Sehun turns over when he sees people staring down at him. He gives them a lazy smile, and brings his index finger to his lips. “Shh, he’s still tired from last night. Give us a few hours or so.”

“...” That definitely was not the reaction that they were expecting, and their jaws fell slack at Sehun’s confession.

“My son is now a man!” Mama Oh whispers loudly to Chanyeol and Baekhyun who nod dumbly, eyes flickering between the two on the bed. To be honest, neither of them had planned for Luhan to be so… willing. They were just thinking of them two getting closer together, more like friends. But it looks like Luhan’s a little more advanced than they had first envisioned. So adventurous.

“Let this be a lesson to us to never judge a book by it’s cover.”

“Agreed.” Sehun wasn’t sure what everyone was talking about, but he was still slightly sleepy, so he didn’t comment on their strange behaviour, choosing to focus his attention on the sleeping boy in his arms. Said boy was starting to stir as well, nuzzling closer to Sehun’s bare chest, his hair tickling the skin. He whimpers slightly, and (luckily) Baekhyun had started to take videos of the situation.

“Good morning, sunshine,” Sehun says through his voice filled with sleep. Luhan blinks, eyes fluttering as he tries to grasp the situation.

‘Why is it so warm? Why do I feel arms wrapped around me? What’s in front of my face? And whose y voice did I wake up to? Am I still dreaming?’

All of these thoughts rushed through his head, but he was still too sleep-riddled too focus properly. “Adonis? Am I in heaven? Is that you?” he mumbles, looking up to the source of the voice, half-expecting for there to be no-one there. After all, this was a dream… right?

“I’m guessing that you had a nice dream, to be dreaming of Adonis,” chuckles the person above him, and with a loud gasp, Luhan finally snaps out of his stupor. “Sadly, I’m just Sehun.”

“Don’t worry, lover boy,” another familiar voice calls out. “Between Adonis and you, I’m sure he’d pick you.” Luhan turns his head to the door, feeling his blood draining when he spots, not only Baekhyun, but Chanyeol and Sehun’s mother too. But there are more pressing matters at hand.

“Did we sleep together?” he hisses at Sehun, pulling back when he realized that his hands were splayed out on Sehun’s bare chest.

“Well you were sleeping in the opposite direction, but you just turned around and I guess your face just somehow ended up in my chest. But if ‘sleeping together’ meant I took away your chastity, then no. Not yet at least.” Sehun mumbles the last part hoping that Luhan didn’t hear it at all. From the blank look on the other’s face, Sehun guesses that he didn’t (either that or Luhan was getting better at hiding his flustered self, he can’t be sure).

“Well! Since the both of you are up, why don’t we go have breakfast?” Sehun’s mum interrupts their quiet whispers, walking away from the bedroom. “Take care of Luhannie, okay Sehun?” she adds, calling Baekhyun and Chanyeol to join her. “Let’s give the two lovebirds some alone time,” she whispers conspiratorially. “They say the morning after your first love is the most painful one.”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol nod eagerly, not wanting to disrupt another moment. “Just come down stairs when you guys are ready!” The doors close with a click, and Luhan tries to scramble as far away from Sehun, as possible. The nervousness of being alone in a room with Sehun returned, considering the position they woke up in.

Luhan pushes Sehun hard enough so that he falls on the floor, a loud thud resounding throughout the house, followed by a low groan of pain. Luhan backs up against the wall, wrapping a blanket around him. “I am a , Oh Sehun! You can’t touch me like that yet! I’m waiting for my Prince Charming to come sweep me off my feet. I am hard to please!” He rambles on, pulling on the blankets more.

“Someone’s a little vicious, first thing in the morning.” Sehun ignores Luhan’s rant, rubbing his sore back. It was going so well, and now he was on the floor. Wonderful. But he’ll take the memory of Luhan sleeping peacefully in his arms, with him.

“Answer me, you beast! Oh Sehun, I swear if you touched me,” Luhan slowly drags his forefinger across his throat, making a slashing noise.

“Luhan, I would never touch you like that.” Sehun says, and Luhan suddenly feels deflated. Wait, why would he feel deflated?

“Good!” he shouts back, running to the bathroom to change his clothes, grabbing his bag on the way.

“Not without your permission at least…” whispers Sehun to the closed door, sighing as he gets up to get changed as well.

 

------

 

 

After changing, and after keeping a great distance away from Sehun, Luhan bounces down the stairs with a wide smile on his face. He’s already dressed for the pool, and already covered himself in sunblock. (Though he had to help Sehun add some. The tall man couldn’t reach his back…..or maybe it was just a ploy to have Luhan touch him. Luhan’s keeping an eye on Oh Sehun now. Mama’s advice is strong in his mind, stay away from the bad boys.)

Everyone in the kitchen looks at them with expectant smiles, and Luhan’s wondering what the is going on. “Good morning everyone!” He takes the seat closest to his bestfriend, but Baekhyun moves away to sit next to Chanyeol. “Here, Sehun! I moved so you can sit next to Luhan.” Sehun quirks an eyebrow up, shrugs his shoulders, “Uh. Thanks I guess.”

“Oh no no, I think we should thank you for taking the biggest risk of your life!” he replies, reaching over to pat Sehun on the shoulder.

“Okay, what exactly is going on?” Luhan bursts, unable to follow the flow of the conversation anymore.

 “We didn’t know you’d be so….open about this, Luhan.” Chanyeol starts, his eyes wide open. “I think it’s a personal matter between you and Sehun.”

“What about me and Sehun?” Luhan slams his cup on the table, completely confused about what’s going on around him.

“You know…” Chanyeol seemed reluctant to continue, waving his arms around haphazardly.

“No, we don’t know?” Luhan turns to Sehun, who shrugs.

“Honey, I never knew you’d be so excited to talk about your first time,” muses Baekhyun, seeing his bestfriend in a completely new light.

“First time sleeping over at a friend’s house? I guess it would be exciting. We stayed up the whole night watching movies and dramas. Did you know Sehun even has the whole collection of Boys Over Flowers?”

“Wait, you guys did it while watching Boys Over Flowers?? That’s kinda … and gross.” Baekhyun shivers, staring at the two with an expression of discomfort.

“We didn’t do anything except talk about what foods we really liked and what not…..and future goals? I don’t know how that’s , but I think that takes our attention away from the show.” Luhan says still giving Baekhyun a weird expression.

“Wait, wait wait, so all you guys did was watch movies and talk about food.”

“Yeah? Isn’t that what friends so when they go over to each other’s house?”

“That’s boring! That’s what boring friends do! Is that really all you did, Sehun?” Baekhyun looks at Sehun with wide eyes, hoping that his suspicions are true and they did something else on that bed last night.

“I thought it was pretty fun though? Like just getting to know each other more…” Baekhyun pinches the bridge of his nose at the letdown, sighing dramatically.

“Well, at least it worked out like we originally wanted, right?” Chanyeol rubbed circles onto Baekhyun’s back soothingly.

“Wait, worked out? What did? Did you plan something?” Luhan whirls to face Baekhyun, who started to butter his muffins, turning to chat with Sehun’s mother.

Not wanting to seem rude, Luhan let the subject drop, albeit a little huffily. It all got better though, the subject forgotten, when he tasted the pancakes made by Sehun’s mum. He was too busy enjoying the food to notice the discrete glances that Baekhyun sent his way, and the smirk that was playing on the Vice President’s lips.

They ate breakfast (or brunch considering the time) quickly and made their way outside, cheering happily when they felt the soft breeze tugging at their clothes, the sun shining above them. Everyone proceeds to take off their shirts, throwing them onto a nearby chair. Luhan looks warily at the pool, at his shirtless friends, then back down to his body.

“Come on, Luhan, babe!” Baekhyun calls out, “the water is fine! It’s warm too!” Luhan shakes his head, crossing his arms over his chest. He chooses to just sit by the edge of the pool, splashing the water with his legs.

“Wait Luhan aren’t you going to take your shirt off?” Baekhyun asks, treading in the water. “Don’t tell me you put on sunblock for no reason. C’mon it’s summer! You’re supposed to be half !” Luhan shakes his head, arms still crossed as he jumps into the water, immersing his body.

“I’m fine with it on,” he says, dunking his head underwater to get his whole body wet. He resurfaces after a few moments, suddenly finding himself with a glaring Baekhyun tugging at the hem of his shirt. “What are you doing?” he screeches, attracting the attention of Sehun and Chanyeol, who were floating on their backs a little way off.

“We’ve all seen you shirtless, you play soccer with it off, so what’s the problem?” Luhan subtly glances at Sehun, before swimming as far away from Baekhyun as possible. “No reason. I just want to keep it on.”

“But isn’t it holding you back? Luhan, babe. Just take it off! Take it off! Take it off!” Baekhyun chants, making eye contact with Chanyeol who follows suit. “Take it off!” Luhan wanted to shrink under the sudden attention, especially when Sehun swims over.

“If you’re worried, just know that I saw you shirtless yesterday anyway--”

“Wait what?!” Baekhyun gasps, splashing water directly at Luhan’s face. Luhan doesn’t reply, wiping off the water from his face, shaking his head to regain his composure. When he does, he pulls back his hands, pushing the water forwards with as much force as he can muster, straight at Baekhyun’s face. Luhan cries out victoriously when Baekhyun starts spluttering (his mouth was still open when the water was thrown at him).

An epic water battle ensued, Chanyeol and Sehun getting caught in the crossfire, and joining in as well after realizing that the Vice President and President were having too much fun to stop. Luhan then swims over to Baekhyun tackling him into the water. “You’re so going to get it, Byun.”

“Wait! Instead of just us playing, we need Chanyeol and Sehun too. Right? This is for them too!” Baekhyun quickly says, not wanting to be drowned in water anytime soon. Luhan just as small as him, but Baekhyun didn’t do sports unlike the other, so he would definitely lose.

“Sure, let’s pair up and--”

“Me and Channie!” Baekhyun shouts, going over to clamber onto Chanyeol’s tall frame, throwing his legs over the taller’s shoulders, and Chanyeol’s arms naturally grab onto his thighs. Luhan looked at the sight in front of him, thinking how Chanyeol and Baekhyun are so natural with one another. “Come here, Luhan! You don’t want to lose to them now do you?” Sehun swims over to Luhan, crouching down to let the other get on his shoulders.

Luhan hesitates, staring at the pale skin that was glistening under the water. He subconsciously his lips, his hands hovering above Sehun’s shoulders. “Well, aren’t you going to get on?” Sehun looks over his shoulder, his eyes slightly crinkling since the sun is shining towards him, and on his lips is a perfect smirk that Luhan just wants to slap off.

“I am, I am. Just hold on,”  he says, taking in a deep breath. Tentatively, he grabs onto Sehun’s broad shoulders, lifting his legs up to rest either side of Sehun’s head. Sehun pushes back, his head against--oh my god Luhan’s crotch! Luhan feels so exposed even though he’s the one with the most clothes on.

“RIDE HIM. That’s right, Luhan, go ride your trusted steed!” screams Baekhyun, giggling hysterically when he witnesses Luhan’s scandalized expression. Not only that, he was caught off guard by the sudden comment, and he almost fell off of Sehun’s shoulders. His legs had instinctively tightened around Sehun’s neck to stop himself falling, and he could feel Sehun’s fingers digging into his flesh as well.

“Don’t worry, Luhan, I got you. I won’t let you fall.” Fall for me though.

Luhan, embarrassed beyond explanation, decides to splash water on Baekhyun’s face, instantly wiping off the grin.

“It is war!”

With that, Luhan places his hands on Baekhyun’s shoulders, the latter doing the same, trying to wrestle him out, and push him down. “You’ll never win, Byun.” Luhan laughs sinisterly, trying to move his hand to Baekhyun’s neck, it’s his weak spot. However, Baekhyun knows that Luhan has a weak spot too, and with an evil smirk, he ducks down and reaches out towards Luhan’s milky thighs. At the same time, Chanyeol reached out his long arms, locating Luhan’s feet beneath the water surface. He starts tickling the poor boy’s feet, essentially working with Baekhyun to get Luhan to fall off.

“No double teaming!” Sehun notices how Luhan’s suddenly flailing a lot more, and he slaps away Baekhyun’s naughty hands as they trail up and down Luhan’s thighs. “You’ll regret it if you don’t stop touching him there,” Sehun growls, tightening his grip on Luhan’s thighs as Baekhyun continues to laugh maniacally.

“Oh, I see, possessive Sehun protecting Luhan’s goods. I get it now.” But he doesn’t stop, using his feet to try and push Sehun back by the shoulders. Luhan, seeing this, uses his brain and starts kicking his feet, splashing water directly at Chanyeol’s face. At the sudden attack, he stops tickling Luhan’s feet, and Sehun makes use of his momentary confusion to send a well placed kick to Chanyeol’s shins.

Chanyeol falls over with Baekhyun in tow. The smaller flails into the water, creating a large splash as he enters in. Luhan clambers off of Sehun’s shoulder, laughing as he goes. “We won, Sehun!” he says before throwing his arms around Sehun’s neck, effectively hugging his partner.

“Yes, we did!” He wraps his arms around Luhan’s slightly smaller frame, then they hear gagging noises in the background. “Please, stop. I want a rematch. I demand a rematch, this time no dirty tricks!”

“And who started it in the first place?” retorts Luhan, but they agree to play once more anyways.

Just like last time, Baekhyun and Luhan clambered onto their respective partner’s shoulders, this time with stern game faces on. Luhan stares Baekhyun down with a smirk adorning his lips. “Might as well just quit now, Byun, you’re going to lose again anyway.”

“Please, Lu. This time I’m going to win. Isn’t that right, Chanyeol? We’re going to win?” He looks down at the man in between his legs. Chanyeol tries to stare up at him, “Yeah, we’re going to win.” Luhan tightens his legs around Sehun’s shoulders, slightly tightening his hold. Sehun pats his thigh for comfort. “Don’t worry. You got this.”

And then it starts again, this time, Baekhyun’s on his A game. He attacks Luhan swiftly and carefully, successfully sending him tumbling backwards with a strategically superior plan of immobilizing Sehun with water to the eyes before shoving Luhan. This time, Sehun and Luhan are the ones that end up splashing into the water, spluttering as they resurface.

However, the sight of Chanyeol and Baekhyun celebrating in front of them was certainly one they had not been expecting.

“YOU GUYS ARE DATING?” Sehun and Luhan shout simultaneously. There, in front of them, something they’ve been expecting, but never really thought of. Chanyeol craning up to kiss Baekhyun on the lips. The couple part, and look very unashamed about the act they’ve just committed.

“Took you guys a while to figure out.” Baekhyun laughs, when he’s sitting upright again. “We have been for a while too actually.”

“I mean, yeah, it kind of makes sense, but why did you not tell me?” stutters Luhan, pointing at his bestfriend accusingly, feeling somewhat betrayed.

“We wanted to see how long it would take you guys. It was funny, but we’re just like ‘eh who cares’. You guys were bound to find out anyway.”

“Well, congratulations,” chuckles Sehun, thumping Chanyeol on the back with a grin on his face.

“Thank you, Sehun,” replies Baekhyun. “Don’t worry, Lu, there’s no need to be jealous--”

“I’m not jealous!”

“I’m sure your Prince Charming is closer than you think.”