CHAPTER 1

Perfection's Definition Must Be You

The incessant sound of the alarm buzzing into Luhan’s ear is how he likes to wake up on normal school days. Well not really, but it gets him going. Lazily, Luhan sits up in bed trying to chase away the sleepy spell casted on him. With the palm of his hand, he runs it over his face,  not awake yet, before he stops it at his mouth, stifling a yawn. Even though he always takes a while to wake up, he had his morning routine imprinted in his mind. He knew exactly how long he had to prepare, down to the minute, and maybe even to the exact second.

 

Sluggishly, he makes his way out of bed. They do say the early bird gets the worm, but yesterday Luhan left some papers unattended on his large oak desk, waiting to be checked. Being class president for two years straight is a large responsibility, but Luhan didn’t ask for it. It’s by unanimous decision that the top scorer, and the second highest are the President and Vice President of their year. Having said that, Luhan can’t say that he didn’t enjoy the responsibility given to him.

 

Sure, he suddenly had to present a more respectable image of himself, someone who was worthy of becoming someone else’s role model but that was a small change on his part. As someone who loved order, it was the perfect job that allowed him to restore order in the rest of humanity, even on such a small scale as his school’s student body. Well, that’s what he told himself at least, when he was announced as the President for the second year in a row.


 

Before he wanders off into the restroom for his daily regimen, Luhan walks over to his closet, pulling out a clean set of his school uniform, laying  them down on his bed less than carefully. His eyes are barely open, but he squints at the clock sitting at his bedside table. 5:35 AM. “It’s too early to function.” He mumbles to himself, walking into the bathroom outside his room. But he functions anyway, much like a robot set on automatic. Yet he doesn’t seem to realize that the sun is already peeking over the horizon. He’s so out of it today, he just hopes that no one would get in his way, or else they’ll be seeing a very angry Luhan.

 

And no one really likes that.

 

-

 

Wrong, wrong, wrong. That’s how the day is turning out for Luhan, who realized far too late that he shouldn’t read things without putting on his glasses first. What he had thought to be 5.35am was in fact 6.35am, and he was running late for his morning duties. He really hopes that his Vice President is already at school looking over the papers he’s left incompleted on his desk. All he’ll have to do later on his check them over and voila! It’s finished.

 

But then again, his Vice President wasn’t known for his dedication to his work… He would only finish his set of tasks when Luhan threatened to take away all the secret magazines that were hidden around the student council room. Lately his vice president has been into Western actors, and athletes with the occasional fanboy screams of “David Beckham is so ing hot. Oh my god, how does he even have four children already.”

 

Luhan’s head throbs at the incoming influx of stress that he wished would disappear by the end of today. But something in his gut told him that it would just intensify... It’s going to be a very long day, and something just tells him the throbbing in his head would be permanent. Especially with the strange feeling of foreboding that came with his disastrous morning, his perfect routine shattered without mercy.

 

With a final glance in the mirror, and his breakfast in one hand, Luhan takes off running. He has exactly ten minutes before he would be considered late. And President Luhan is never late. Today will not be the day where he would make it the first time. In fact, Luhan is going to make sure that he is never late. Never again would he be so careless as to mistake the time, especially when it was something as huge as a whole hour difference.

 

“Bye mom!” His voice caught in the wind, barely hearing the reply his mother gave him.

 

-

 

August mornings aren’t too cold, but the afternoons are always sweltering hot. Sometimes Luhan wishes he could just parade around the school without his blazer on hot summer days, but that’s not what Presidents do. Sadly. True, as president, he would have all the right to make it a rule, but that would be a little abusive of the power he has. But don’t think that the idea never crossed his mind.

 

The sight of his school comes into view. Slowing down his speed to catch his breathe and to look presentable when he walks in, Luhan stops near the side corner to take his time and put on his blazer. He must look perfect, his uniform immaculate, free of wrinkles and lint. Pushing his glasses up higher, Luhan marches on forwards to the gates of the school, wanting to pretend that he was never close to being late, that he had been there all along, inspecting the uniforms of all the students streaming through the school gates. But of course, his Vice President was there across him, smirking at him knowingly.

 

“Did our President decide to sleep in today?”

 

“Obviously not. I just lost track of time. I fell asleep right after I got home from football practice. Did you look over the files that were left on my desk?” Luhan asks, standing directly on the other side of his Vice President, Byun Baekhyun.

 

“What do you think? Of course I didn’t.” There was a pause as Luhan stared incredulously at Baekhyun. “I made Minseok do it.”

 

Taking a deep breathe, Luhan releases it slowly, pondering on about the woes of his life. He rubs the bridge of his nose slowly, trying to conceal his disappointment at Baekhyun. “I don’t know why I expected so much of you. How are you even the second top scorer in our year?”

 

“I swear to you, the art of cramming before major tests is beautiful. And the art of putting on eyeliner, but I’ll save that for another time,” Baekhyun replied flippantly, and Luhan had to wonder if the other was serious or not. He probably was, but still… “And besides, I was smart enough to delegate my tasks to lower members of the food chain. Be glad that I even bothered to help you finish up those papers, even if it was technically Minseok who did them.”

 

“You make Minseok do everything for you.” At his statement, Baekhyun did nothing but shrug, not denying it.

 

Turning away from his best friend, Luhan spots a group of girls just a little way off, whispering behind their hands as they give him sidelong glances every now and again.They giggle out loud obnoxiously, obviously trying to get the attention of the President. Luhan can hear them whispering “Look at the president, he looks so good, so perfect today.”

 

Luhan smiles over in their direction, giving the girls a little bit of his attention. It’s his way of, how do you say, fanservice. “Good morning ladies.” he calmly says. They all stare at him with their mouths wide open, awe evident in their eyes. And that was the way Luhan liked it. It made it so much easier to bend them to his will, and he didn’t have to do much except for giving out occasional smiles and greetings.

 

“Good morning President.” Suddenly they’re all red in the cheeks, and it’s not from the summer heat.

 

“Have a good day today and study hard okay!” They’re too busy staring at him, and when they finally find their voice to reply, in unison they say, “We will Mr. President!” Then they scurry off, as a group.

 

“Girls.” Luhan mutters to himself, readjusting his glasses. Baekhyun laughs from his side of the gate.

 

“I wonder how they would react if they found out that ‘Mr. President’ isn’t actually quite fond of s, but wants a handsome prince that'll treat him like a princess. Oops,” mused Baekhyun, ignoring the glare that was being sent his way by Luhan. “Oh don’t deny it, honey. I know you so well, it hurts.”

 

Sassy. Before he could reply - and possibly tackle Baekhyun to the ground screaming profanities in his face - along comes Chanyeol, with his arm around a student Luhan has never seen before. It’s his definition of perfection: tall, lean, and handsome. And that was just what he could observe from the student while he was wearing his clothes. Imagining what was being hidden, well, let’s just say that it was an added bonus to what he could currently see. He’s a triple kill, but oh no. He’s disobeying the school dress code.

 

If there’s anything that Luhan dislikes, it’s misconduct, and disobeying the guidelines of uniforms. A school environment should never tolerate students with hair colors that’ll distract the learning process! And right in front of his eyes, the shocking blond resting on hottie’s head is screaming ‘TROUBLEMAKER’ to Luhan. Not only was it blond, it was gelled up in all the right ways that was simply illegal. Despite the ual needs racing through his , Luhan’s head was screaming at him to put a stop the hotness.

 

All needs aside, Luhan marches right up to the boy beside Chanyeol, who looked down at him with a smirk spread across his face.

 

“Good morning, President!” Chanyeol greets, before turning his head over to Baekhyun. “And to you too, Vice President Baekhyun.” He winks, and Luhan swears he sees a rare blush forming on Baekhyun’s cheeks before he turns away to greet the other students walking in.

 

“Good morning to you, Chanyeol!” Luhan smiles at him sweetly, before that smile was turned upside down when he turned to the person next to him, and now a scowl rests on his lips.

 

“Good Morning.” The rebel says to Luhan, in accented English. Luhan’s eyes widen for a moment; he’s not from here, he thinks to himself. He’s watched enough Manchester United football games to realize that this accent belongs to to the people of England. The fact that he secretly thinks that British accents are the iest accents around has nothing to do with rebel’s status instantly hitting god. Of course not. Hm.

 

Luhan gathers his wit, preparing his mind against the iness that was being exuded from the new student. He will not let that distract him from his true purpose as President. From his duties. There’s a reason why he’s the top student of his year. He thinks back to all the English lessons he’s had, trying to form a sentence that could possibly get his point across so this problematic student.

 

“Your hair is not right color. Change now.” Luhan tries to look intimidating, putting on the sternest face that he could pull off. The student just looks at him, the smirk from before growing every second, and Luhan thinks, oh dear god. Don’t look at me like that.  He finds himself staring into endless blue eyes, that remind him of the beach that he should definitely go to before summer’s over, and clear water.

 

He’s pulled out of his thoughts when the rebel with blond hair chuckles before saying, “Cute,” and walks away with Chanyeol following close behind him. Baekhyun waves at the pair, smiling when Chanyeol stops to wave back before scurrying after the new student once more.

 

Luhan on the other hand, stares at their retreating backs; the warmth of anger coursing through his veins because, for the first time in his career of being a President, someone just walked away from his order. That, and the aftereffects of the ‘Cute’ ringing in his ears - but that wasn’t the main cause! Checking that the coast was clear, Luhan angrily stomps on the ground before muttering.

 

“Stupid, handsome foreigner who thinks he can just talk in his perfect English and walk away from me. God, my mom told me to stay away from bad boys, but she never told me they would be handsome like him.” He mutters angrily, his glasses starting to fog up. In his anger, he failed to notice the glint in Baekhyun’s eyes, as they darted between Luhan and the direction that the new student had gone.

 

“Calm and calculative huh? What happened to that President who just scolded me for not doing my work?” Luhan has never wanted to smack that eating grin off of Baekhyun’s face before as much as he did now.

 

“Shut up, Byun.”

 

“I mean, It’s my dream come true! The perfect president, who is actually the eye candy of the female populous in our school, can actually be reduced to a stuttering idiot with just a smirk, tousled blond hair and on legs?”

 

“Stop there. I don’t want to hear it. It was just a one time slip-up on my part. Nothing of significance…”

 

“I need to know this man’s name immediately. I need to congratulate him, he’s number one on my list. He needs to be my new bestfriend.”

 

“You know what? I think I’m okay with that, I needed a new best friend anyway. Someone nicer than you. And who actually wants to do their work.”

 

“Hold up, wait a minute, that’s too far. Maybe, for all we know, maybe for all I know, our little Princess Luhan, is going to develop a crush on that foreigner!” Baekhyun laughs, folding himself over. He can barely stand, so he squats on the floor to let it all out.

 

Looking away from the embarrassment that is Byun Baekhyun, Luhan turns to the skies, letting out a sigh. “Love is not meant for those in charge, it makes you weak and lose order…” Sadly, the clear blue skies reminded him of those eyes that trapped him just moments ago. The swirls of clouds tinted yellow by the sun reminding him of the boy’s hair. Everywhere he looked, he was reminded of Mr. Rebel: on legs, and Luhan did not like it one bit.

 

Little did he know that the ‘stupid, handsome foreigner’ was listening in on his act of self reflection. And he’s thinking that maybe, just maybe, life in Korea will be more entertaining than it was in London.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Author's Notes:
It's AkatCuties here, uploading the first chapter~ We were going to wait until tomorrow, but hydroxide asked me to upload it earlier while she's asleep =P I wasn't sure if I needed this A/N, but I thought that I would just reiterate our hopes that you'll anticipate this collaboration fic of ours. Do leave any questions, comments and feedback below and we'll try our best to answer ^~^ Thank you for reading~ (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥