Book

The Prince and His Mate

The first thing Sehun did in the morning after breakfast was go to the castle's library. Sumin followed him, having nothing to do. 

"Wow, what is this place?" Sumin asked bewildered with the room filled with rectangle-like objects filling the room in wood shelves. 

"It's a library," Sehun said as he scanned the shelves for a familiar book. "It has books."

"Are the rectangle-things books?" Sumin asked. 

"Yup," Sehun answered. 

"What are these funny pictures?" Sumin asked, pointing to the words on the spine of a book.

"Those are called words. You read them." Sehun explained. 

"How?" 

Sehun smiled. "Come here and I'll show you."

Sehun grabbed a random picture book from the shelves and sat down on a nearby love seat. He patted the spot next to him and gestured Sumin to sit next to him. 

"This book is called the 'Kingdom of Luna.'" Sehun said. 

"Hey! That's your kingdom," Sumin pointed out. 

"You mean our kingdom," Sehun corrected with a mischievous smile. 

Sumin blushed crimson red. Sehun smiled, satisfied with her reaction. If she was going to die, if he couldn't find a way to save her, if this was the only remaining time he could spend with her, he would spend it wisely. 

"'Once upon a time, there was a island called Luna.'" Sehun said as he pointed to each word he read. "'It was ruled by the Werewolf King, who was looking for a bride to be his queen, so he held a contest to find his bride. All the girls on the island got to meet the Werewolf King. Then he saw one girl who made his heart thump very quickly.'" Sehun stopped to smile to glance at Sumin. He, like the Werewolf King, met a girl who made his heart thump very quickly. "'The girl was very beautiful and had a pure soul, so the King married her. But soon after that the Queen fell ill. The King did everything he could do to save his Queen. He hired the best doctors, bought the best medicine-'" Sehun paused. 

"Why did you stop?" Sumin asked curiously. 

Tears welled into Sehun's eyes. He couldn't continue reading this story. It reminded him too much of Sumin's future and- 

"I'm sorry. I can't continue reading this book." Sehun covered his face with his hands. 

"Why not?" Sumin asked. 

"This storybook is about my deceased parents," Sehun answered thought sniffles. 

Sumin's eyes softened. She picked up the book from Sehun's lap and laid it on the round table next to her. She then moved his hands from his face and stared deeply into his eyes. Sumin wrapped her frail arms around Sehun to comfort him. Sehun's head positioned on top of Sumin's shoulder. She patted her back reassuringly. 

"You can cry if you want," Sumin whispered into his ear. "It's ok to cry."

Sehun's eyes widened. Then he gave up and cried on Sumin's shoulder. 

"There there," Sumin said as she rubbed Sehun's back comfortingly. 

"It's ok to cry."
...... 

A/N: Sorry for the late and short update! I'll write a longer chapter for the next update. Please don't hate me. I just had a bunch of ideas for new stories and was busy with school and stuff. Hope you guys will forgive me! > ~ <