Dream

The Prince and His Mate
 
'Where am I?' Sumin thought. 
 
Sumin was standing in the middle of a forest. It was like she was there, but at the same time she wasn't there. 
 
She was in a dream. 
 
Sumin walked forward, not sure where she was headed. The full moon, her only source of light, shone brightly in the night sky. It was the same full moon Sumin had described as pretty. The moon was full and yellow. There was something eerie about this place. It was like Sumin wasn't supposed to be here. She turned around and scanned her surroundings. She saw a glimpse of the castle walls, and realization struck her. 
 
She was in the Forbidden Forest. 
 
Sumin had heard many stories and rumors about the Forbidden Forest. She recalled the ones she had heard in the orphanage, which was run by the harsh mistress who slapped her cheek earlier today. 
 
"If you dream about the Forbidden Forest, it means your future will hold a pain greater than death." 
 
Was Sumin going to face that pain? 
 
Perhaps she was. After all, she was chosen to be the Werewolf Prince's bride. The previous Werewolf Queen had disappeared less than a year after her wedding with the King. Rumors said that the Werewolf King was the cause of the Queen's mysterious disappearance because he hard treated the Queen harshly and inhumanly. Would Sehun do the same to her? 
 
Sumin shook her head at that thought. Sehun wasn't like that. He was very caring and thoughtful. He was the one who used expensive medicine on her cheek so it wouldn't hurt her. He was the one who protected her from the mistress. The one who apologized for every little mistake he made. The one who pulled away from the kiss when he sensed that Sumin couldn't breathe. 
 
He was Sehun. 
 
He was her fiancé. 
 
Sumin smiled at the thought. She would have never predicted that she would be the prince's bride, but now, she couldn't think of marrying anyone else other than Sehun. 
 
Sumin looked at the castle wall behind her and smiled. 
 
"Sehun, I think I love you," Sumin said. 
 
The gloomy forest didn't seem so gloomy anymore. 
........ 
 
Sehun found himself in a dark forest. He knew this place. It was the Forbidden Forest. Sehun always blamed the Forbidden Forest for his difficult life. Ever since he started dreaming about the Forbidden Forest, his life fell apart. His mother ran away, and his father committed suicide. A regent was appointed to rule his kingdom until Sehun was old enough to get married. As for Sehun, he had to suffer ten years of being in the presences of gold diggers, studying countless subjects that would help him become a powerful ruler, and attend boring parties hosted by royal families. 
 
So far, the only positive aspect of his life was meeting Sumin. But because he dreamt of the Forbidden Forest, was Sumin going to be gone from his life too? 
 
Oh it being Sehun. 
 
Sehun walked aimlessly through the Forest, hoping he would awake from this dream quickly. When he reached a clearing, he saw Sumin. His eyes widened. He couldn't believe it. Sumin was here. This couldn't be true. 
 
He couldn't allow her to die like his parents. 
 
Those who see their loved ones in the Forbidden Forest will have their loved ones taken away. Sehun couldn't allow that to happen that to Sumin. He already had already lost his parents at an early age, and if Sumin died too... 
 
Sehun was sure at that time he would want to join her too. 
 
Why was fate doing this to him? He had barely met Sumin today, and now he's going to lose her?! 
 
He reached out to Sumin and as soon as he held her hand, she vaporized. Sehun howled at the yellow full moon again and again. If only Sehun wasn't destined to have such a cruel fate. If only he wasn't a prince. If only he wasn't a werewolf and a regular human. If only he wasn't Sehun. Would he have a happier life if he was human? Would he have his parents if he wasn't cursed? Would he still have Sumin if he was only born as a human? 
 
He sank down on a tree stump and thought. What would his life be like if he was born as a human? He would be happier, that's what. He wouldn't have to have difficult lessons, fulfill his princely duties, and meet girls of wealthy, noble families who only liked him because of his princely status and wealth. He would have his parents, and possibly Sumin all alive and well. If he was able to meet Sumin, he would love to get to know her better as a human, and not because she was brought into the castle (probably against her will) and forced to marry him because he chose her as his bride. 
 
Sehun wondered if he would be able to hold her hands while walking down the streets of the village; go on dates to Chocolate Wonders, the village's famous sweet shop (Sehun always had a liking to sweets); and perhaps have children who would grow up to be... well, normal. He wondered if his children with Sumin would look like him or more like her. Unknowingly, a smile crept its way to his face. He was sure about this though: no matter what, his children would look beautiful. 
 
He looked at the moon, deep in thought. His little wish seemed impossible. After all, he was born as a werewolf and not as a human. Sumin, on the other hand, was human. She was too fragile and delicate. Sehun would be able to snap her neck with a flick of his wrist. Would such a beast like him be able to keep Sumin alive? The moon already predicted her death, but was it possible to prevent her death? 
 
Sehun closed his eyes and Sumin's face popped into his head. No. He couldn't let her to die. He opened his eyes and saw the yellow moon, big and full, as if it was taunting him. 
 
Sehun vowed at that moment to do anything to keep Sumin alive, no matter what. 
 
He was going to go against the moon.