He Left

Hey You! Yes You!

Sports month was over and many days have passed after Kwangmin’s confession. He never mentioned it again. He didn’t even ask me if I love him too.

Unknowingly, it made me sad. Another thing was he told me Youngmin is also in love with me, it bothers me a lot. I don’t want to lose my best friends.

At last it was last day of school before winter break. I could spend more time with the twins and hopefully everything will be fine again. I said a silent prayer.

“Hana-ah, meet me at the rooftop later. There’s something I want to tell you.” Youngmin looked awfully sad.

I just nodded and decided I will ask him later why. I watched him went to the teacher’s office carrying a folder of documents.

I waited patiently at the rooftop. I heard footsteps approaching. I turned and saw Kwangmin instead.

He handed me a piece of note. I gave him an inquiring look. He shrugged. “It’s a note from Youngmin, I don’t know what it is.” he said in a surprisingly cold tone.

I opened the note and read: ‘Hana-ah, I will always love you like a real sister. Tell Kwangmin how you really feel before it’s too late.” I was confused. It felt like the note meant something else. My hands trembled.

“What does he mean by telling you how I feel before it’s too late?” I asked him.

I heard him cursed under his breath. ‘Damn I got lured to one of his plans again! We didn’t agree to tell her this way, coward brother! He’s letting me take the burden alone!’ he hissed in his mind.

He looked at me and calmly said “We’re leaving.”

“W-What?” and a flashback of what my mom told me hit me like a hammer in the head.

~"They’ve always been relocating because of their father’s job. Sometimes they can’t even finish the whole school year in one school.”~

His jaws hardened and he avoided my gaze. I felt dazed and uncertain.

“You’re joking right?” I looked at him and saw the truth in his eyes. They really were leaving. All hope inside of me died.

My heart had sunk into the abyss. I felt my tears fell down my cheeks. I saw him moved and was about to leave.

I stared at him horrified and paralyzed. For God’s sake Hana say something! I shouted in my mind.

“Kwangmin-ah” I called out to him. He stopped but he didn’t turn. I wanted to see his face but he showed me his departing back. My wrenching heart began to break piece by piece.

“Kwangmin-ah” I repeated his name as if it’s the last time I would ever say his name. I wiped my tears away only to find myself cry harder.

He took a step forward; I got really scared for the first time in my life.

“Kwangmin-ah, kajima. Please don’t leave.” I pleaded brokenly and reached out for him. “I love you too.” I finally confessed. He left me alone weeping.

He left and all I ever saw was his back. I burried my face in my hands. "Kajima, Sarangheyo." I repeated over and over again.