Cold War

Hey You! Yes You!

The twins went in their room. “I know you’ve heard.” Youngmin referred to his confession to Hana.

Kwangmin just looked at him with fire blazing in his eyes. He crossed his arms and waited for Youngmin to say more.

“I don’t have to explain to you, but I’ll tell you anyway.” he started.

“I noticed from the very first time we walked into that class room, you’re attention was at her. Damn right I know you liked her.” He sat down his bed and rubbed his temples.

“I thought it’d be fun to make you jealous. Actually, I was hoping you would get scared and you would make a move on her. I wanted you out of your shell. But, I guess the joke was on me. I fell for her.” he sighed as he finished.

Kwangmin went out of their room and ran outside. “I’m sorry Kwangmin-ah” Youngmin whispered as he watched his brother disappeared.

Kwangmin kept running until he got tired. He raked his fingers through his hair and dropped them. “Why does it have to be my own brother?” he hissed.

He drew in a furious breath and decided to come back home. He ignored Youngmin. He even refused to look at his twin.

 

I went upstairs to look for the twins. “Oh dear, didn’t they tell you? They went to school early for practice.” Auntie told me. *Wow, I feel so empty walking to school alone. I’m used to having them around.*

“Mianhe Hana-ah. We forgot to tell you. Were you alright coming to school alone?” Youngmin apologized.

I noticed Kwangmin was still in a sour mood. “Oh, kwenchana.” I smiled.

“We will have practice after school from now on; you don’t have to wait for us.” Kwangmin coldly said. I felt a chill down my spine. Why is he acting like this?

“You won’t be alone EunMi and Soojin will walk with you.” Youngmin placated me. “Don’t worry this is just for the meantime, it will end after the matches are over.” I nodded.

 

Throughout the day I never saw the two together. They haven’t talked with each other. I’m extremely bothered now.

When Youngmin was there, Kwangmin would be missing. If Kwangmin would talk to me, Youngmin would shut up. What the hell is going on?

I went home with EunMi and Soojin. “Hana-ah, are the twins fighting?” EunMi inquired.

“Yeah, they looked like they were ignoring each other.” Soojin seconded.

“Really, so it’s not just me who noticed.” I said and sighed inwardly. “I really don’t know what happened to both of them. When I try to bring up the topic, they’d skillfully avoid it by bringing up another.” I sighed again. “Honestly I’m worried and I don’t know what to do.”

“Don’t worry Hana. Maybe it’s just one of those fights between siblings. I often get into fights with my siblings too.” EunMi tried to cheer me up.

I warily smiled at them to hide my distress. I had no chance today to talk to Kwangmin about the girl yesterday.