What a Day!

Hey You! Yes You!

Lunch time. I just bought bread at the cafeteria and brought it at the rooftop.

I always come here during lunch. The rooftop is my personal space. It’s the only place I get to have peace of mind.

I was listening to music. I loved the upbeat melody. I began tapping my foot along the beat and bobbed my head. I got into the music real fast and in a minute I was dancing to the tune.

I turned around and “Omma-yah!” startled I lost my balance and fell. It was Jo Kwangmin and Youngmin at the door. 

“How…How long have you been standing there?” I stammered. Damn, my heart was racing so fast I couldn't think.

“We pretty much saw everything.” Youngmin grinned. Kwangmin didn’t say anything.

I ran for it and went back to the classroom earlier than I should have. I didn’t see it when Kwangmin smiled.

Youngmin looked at him knowingly. He understands his twin brother more than anyone else.

While I was in a daze someone sat on my desk. I looked up and saw Chohee.

“Y-Yes?”

“Nothing, I just want to know what they see in you. You’re ugly by the way.” she casually said. She looked me up and down and sneered at me.

“Huh?” I was dumbstruck and hurt.

“A desk is not a chair for you to sit on it miss.” Kwangmin shot her a piercing look.

Chohee jumped in surprise. She immediately went back to her seat embarrassed. Both twins also sat down on their respective seats.

I was looking down, fidgeting my fingers. Did I deserve such harsh comment from her? My throat was starting to hurt and tears were swelling in my eyes. 

A hand cupped my chin and forced my head up. It was Youngmin’s. He smiled at me and said “Are you alright honey?”

“Boragoyoh? Honey?” I swept his hand away. It’s all because of you. I didn’t ask for your attention. You’re making my life miserable. Chohee’s throwing me dagger like looks again.

I was boiling in anger inside. “Can you please stop that Youngmin-shi?” I burst. His hand was suspended in the air, shocked. Then he smirked.

“Oh, you’re so cute when you are angry.” he teased. That was not funny at all. I ignored him.

He was about to say something but Kwangmin shot him a look. He stopped and doodled at the back of his notebook.

The afternoon dragged on. I really wanted to go home already. I felt sick and I just wanted to get as far away from the twins.

I thought Youngmin was the kind twin. But it seemed like he was doing it on purpose so I get hated by the other girls. Just my luck, Chohee hates me the most now.

Finally class ended and I went back home feeling depressed by the minute.

“Mom I’m home. Where did you get those rice cakes?”

“~from our new neighbors dear. Come have some.”

“Later mom, I’m tired I want to rest now.” I went to my room and laid flat on my stomach. Sigh, what a day!

After hours of thinking I finally made my resolve. I’m going to ignore the twins starting tomorrow. I won’t get swallowed up by their tricks. Fighting!