Phase III: Blooming Affection

No One Can Tell

“Aaron,” Ariel broke the silence building between them while they are already in front of her or Ella’s house.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Uhmm, thanks.” She plastered a sweet smile upon her face.

 

“For what?”

 

“For sending me home. I know its Ella you want to send but~” She was cut off by Aaron.

 

“Why are you thinking that? Of course it’s my honor to send a charming girl like you.” Aaron smiled at Ariel.

 

Smiles were exchanged between these two youngsters.

 

“So, why don’t you wait for Ella here?”

 

“Huh?” ‘Its not that I don’t to, but I how about Ella, it’s getting late.’ He said from his thoughts while Ariel is patiently waiting for his response aside from ‘huh?’

 

Meanwhile, Auntie Zhen saw the two figures probably discussing about something, so she decided to interrupt them.

 

“HEY!” She approached them leaving the two startled from her sudden appearance. Didn’t they notice her?

 

“Aunt Zhen!” Ariel rushed to her side and gave a peck to her cheeks. She looked at Aaron and saw him waved his hands to the old lady behind her.

 

Auntie Zhen knows Aaron because he usually sends her niece back home safe.

 

And she is thankful for that.

 

“Seems like my Ella is not here yet huh? Why aren’t you going inside? Ah, I see. So you Aaron had a changed of feelings from Ella to Ariel? Tsk tsk tsk..,”

 

“Aunt Zhen, you’re so funny, still as sweet and lovely as ever.”

 

“Ha-ha!! I thought you had changed, I guess I’m wrong. You’re still a hustler in sweet takings! Ha-ha!”

 

‘Whoah. Maybe Aunt Zhen likes Aaron for Ella. They seem very close to each other.’ Ariel mutters in her mind.

 

 

 

 

And so, Aaron decided to stay and wait for Ella to come home. Maybe killing his time won’t hurt. Besides, he’s not getting bored from Auntie Zhen’s nonstop blabbing there and then while Ariel prepares some snacks for them.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ella‘s POV

 

I stopped down on my track when I heard a. disgusting sound. It’s coming from the function room. God. I covered my mouth. Well, eavesdropping is not always a bad act. It’s just; curiosity is calling you so bad. Ha-ha! That was a lame reason I’ve ever known.

 

I placed my right ear right next to the closed door. The moans stopped. Did I interrupt them? But I’m sure, I didn’t. So, I continue to listen when..

 

“ELLA!!!”

 

Someone with a high pitch voice called me,

 

“.” I cursed under my breath.

 

“Selina, what are you doing here?” I whispered and gestured to minimize her voice.

 

“Oh sorry. Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that?”

 

“Huh?? Ah,,uhmm.. . Aiyo! Why are you here anyways?”

 

She chuckles and pulled me far from the suspected area of pleasures.

 

“Shh..” She started. “Eavesdropping huh? Ha-ha. Never mind. I just want to ask you, have you seen Jiro? ”

 

“Jiro?” Ah! That monkey. Oh yeah, I never thought there is someone interested to him. “You mean Jiro Wang? No, I haven’t.”

 

She didn’t respond until I saw her approaching the function room. “Wei!” Oops! I immediately covered my mouth when I realized I’ve shouted.

I followed Selina and do what she’s doing. What else? It’s eavesdropping.

 

“Ah! Chun! What’s your problem huh?! If you’re not in a good mood, then we can still continue this next time. And besides, I’m tired already.”

 

I heard one of the people in the room. WEIRD. Sure enough, it’s not a female voice. It’s…it’s…it’s a MALE ONE! OH BUDDHA! Don’t tell me his gay?!

 

I turned to look at the lady beside me. Fumes are escaping out from Selina’s ears and nose. She’s getting worked up. I can feel it she wants to barge in soon. AND SHE DID!

 

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!” I shouted and my eyes widened in surprise when I saw… Chun… Chun, half ?!

 

Selina covered my eyes with her hands and I did the same thing to her. I was planning to eavesdrop a little, barging in and witnessing the suspected act to be true is not in my vocabulary!

 

I heard them laughing hysterically. I can feel Selina slightly removing my hands while I don’t want to remove hers.

 

“Eh! Let go of my hands now!”

 

“No! I don’t want!”

 

“Silly.  Acting like an innocent?”

 

 

 

HAHAHAAHA!!! I still hear the two boys laughing.

 

“Okay! If you don’t want, then you cover your OWN eyes with your OWN hands.” Selina said.

 

She removed her hands from me, while I quickly placed mine. What if he’s not yet fully dressed?

 

(A/n: Author’s POV)

 

Selina dragged Jiro, right Jiro is the one Chun’s with moments later. Therefore, Ella is left with Chun there, still unknown that she is now alone with him.

 

Chun is now approaching her, reducing the distance between them. Chun is now very near to Ella. What is he planning?

 

“You can remove your hands now.”

 

“Why should I believe you, huh?”

 

He laughs. “Then I’ll let you know.” How? “Come, touch me. If you feel I have clothes now, then you can open your eyes now.”

 

“WHAT?! Never mind. Who cares? I’ll just leave!” Ella turned around and started to leave until Chun spoke.

 

“Wei! Don’t you know eavesdropping is a bad deed?”

 

“So what?! I did help you!”  Ella shots back. What does she mean by that?

 

 

“HAHA! What? And what do you mean, huh?”

 

 

“At least there is someone, or there are other persons who know your secret. At least you and Jiro can have some advisers if you decided to come out from the closet!”

 

 

“HAHAHA!!!”

 

 

“WEI!! Is there anything you can say or do aside from laughing?!”

 

 

“Because you are SOOO FUNNY!”

 

 

“Of course I am. Why will you laugh if there’s nothing funny, right?” She said in a whisper tone. She rolled her eyes and said loudly, “oh I nearly forgot! Maybe you’re getting insane that’s why you’re laughing nonstop.”

 

“Are you insulting me, huh?!” Here it goes again. The bickering of the logger heads. He continues, “by the way, why are you still here? It’s getting late now.”

 

‘He cares?’ She thinks. But the ‘gay issue’ is still playing in her busy mind.

 

“So what if I’m still here and so what if its getting late now? Who the hell cares?”

 

 

 

 

 

Chun didn’t respond but passed by her side leaving her startled.

 

She wrinkled her brows because of him getting weird again, maybe that was one of the results of hiding something. She really thinks he’s gay. He’s not explaining what happened, because she’s not asking!

 

While for Chun, he left her already. ‘Why bother thinking of her? Geez, I hate this!’ He feels irritated because she’s not even asking and just assuming and jumping into her conclusions. He’s asking her with a nice tone, yet she answered with sarcasm. “Who the hell cares?” He copied her tone. Forget that. She’s always like that to him.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ouch! Sel! Stop it..Ouch!” Jiro protests as Selina drags him through his right ears. She wants him to explain what that was all about.

 

“I can explain.”

 

“Shoot!”

 

“Chun was having a little fight with the poor boxing gloves a while ago. I don’t know what came up to him when he suddenly asked me. ” Jiro explained.

 

“And in the function room?! Why not in the gym? You didn’t consider that?!”

 

“Girls are so annoying there and Chun doesn’t like it. So he chose the function room.”

 

“Oh please! Isn’t Chun changed into a playboy now? Why being irritated, huh?”

 

“Aiyo, don’t ask me. Go as~”

 

“I don’t really care about Chun’s sudden change.”

 

“Can I ask you something?” Jiro asked. When she didn’t answer, may be it’s a ‘yes’ for him.

 

“Why are you so angry? Why did you barge in?”

 

“I thought…I…I thought you’re a..you’re uh..ahmm..ah..”

 

“I’m a gay?” Jiro asked with disbelief. He can’t believe that his girlfriend Selina, is thinking her boyfriend is a gay.

 

“Jiro it’s not that~”

 

“Enough. I have explained what happened. It’s up to you if you’ll believe me or not. Let’s just go home.”

 

Selina lowers her head embarrassed in front of Jiro. May be Jiro is mad right now.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiro and Selina were walking out of the campus and were heading to go home when he spotted a familiar figure there.

 

“Isn’t it Chun?” He asked himself but was heard by the lady beside him.

 

“I think so.” Selina answered him. She doesn’t want to keep the silence between them. It’s her fault so; she needs to be the talker.

 

They approached him as Jiro holds his bike behind him, while Selina just follows him.

 

“Hey.” He patted Chun’s shoulder thus Chun looked up.

 

“Woahh, what’s with the two lines between your brows?”

 

 

“Shut up.” He coldly said.

 

 

“I thought you’re with Ella. Where is she now?” Selina asked while stealing a glanced at Jiro.

 

 

Chun didn’t answer even a bit. He remained silent.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Fine. Selina let’s just leave, he won’t talk.”

 

At last he called her name again. She smiled but she’s worrying for Ella. It’s getting late now and Aaron is not there to send her back home.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ella’s POV

 

I’m thinking and asking myself why Chun leaved. He’s always like that, unpredictable. I thought he’ll bicker with me. I really have no idea what’s wrong with him. And worse, I NEVER thought he is a… gay? Pity. I wonder how the girls will react if they found out the truth. And Jiro? Isn’t Selina and him a couple? Tsk tsk tsk, so complicated.

 

Nonetheless, I am a bit mad at him. I don’t know, may be because of his rudeness. Leaving a girl and not bothering asking her to let him take her home?

 

 

(A/n: Author’s POV)

 

“Why am I still here? Shouldn’t I be going home now?” Chun asked himself.

 

Honestly, he is debating whether he should go back in the campus or not.

 

“Forget that. She’ll just give me sarcastic answers.”

 

 

 

“Babe, thanks for your time. I know it’s late now, but still you insisted to send me back to my house.” Chun heard the girl thanking her boyfriend.

 

“It’s nothing, don’t mind it. Besides it’s my duty to take care of you. ” So sweet.

 

“You shouldn’t be walking by yourself. I heard from someone that one of the students here was by a gangster. Poor girl. ”

 

“Ah, that one? Yeah, I heard it also. The girl was spared from death but she gone crazy after her traumatic experience.”

 

 

 

 

Then they left, leaving a worried Chun.

 

 

He decided. He’s going to take Ella back home. He doesn’t care if she likes it or not. It feels him; it’s his responsibility to take Ella with him.

 

 

He waited outside the gate, leaning his right shoulder to the metal thing. He’s getting impatient.

 

He taps his feet to the ground.

 

“What’s taking her so long?” He asked.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh god. Aunt Zhen is probably worried by now. Wooah, I didn’t notice, it’s already 7:30 pm.” She looked at her wristwatch.

 

 

“Geez, I forgot I didn’t bring my bike.”

 

“Hmm, this is why I like Aaron’s kindness. If only I agreed to be with him and Ariel about going home, tsk.”

 

 

He heard Ella said his name.

He heard her praise him.

He heard the last person he wants Ella to praise.

 

 

He came out of the dark from the gate and showed up to Ella.

 

 

 

She stopped her tracks and stared at him. ‘He didn’t wait for me, did he?’

 

 

“Don’t think I waited for you,. I just happened to pass by after talking to Jiro and so, …”

 

 

 

“WEI!” He yelled at her after she passed at him.

 

 

“WEI!” He called her attention. She was fast enough and then stopped.

 

 

 

“WHAT?!” She said feeling annoyed.

 

 

 

“I’m talking to you, are you always like that?”

 

 

 

“Like what?!”

 

 

“Leaving someone you’re talking with?”

 

 

“Correction. We haven’t been talking a while ago in the first place. I didn’t ask you why you’re still here, yet you’re implying as if you’re irritated after you saw me.”

 

 

 

That hit him. With that she left him in the middle of accepting his defeat.

 

 

While to Ella, she feels being offended. She continued to walk.

 

Chun chases her. She’s a fast walker. At last, he caught her. He turned her to face him and started to speak.

 

 

“I’m sorry okay?” He seems to be sincere. His eyes were fixed to her as he looks for an acceptance.

 

She nodded as ‘apology accepted.’

 

 

“I’ll take you home.”

 

Those are the words a gentleman and ideal man for her, she wishes to hear. Again, Chun said sorry twice. This time, she heard it right.

 

 

“You don’t have to. I’m okay now, if you’re feeling guilty and if that is what you’re thinking of.” She retorted back.

 

 

“C’mon, don’t be stubborn. Besides, uhmm… I just want to take you home safe and sound.”

 

 

 

Silence enveloped them. Chun blushed a little.

 

 

And Ella made an unexpected smile upon her face. She still doesn’t want to ride in his bike.

 

 

So she continued walking ahead while Chun is on his bike. He follows her.

 

 

 

 

 

Barking of dogs is being heard. They are far enough from the school. Those dogs’ barks are scaring her. Chun smirked.

 

“You sure you don’t want to ride?” He asked, this time with a little bit of confidence.

 

Before she answers, the dogs are running towards them wanting to bite and eat them alive!

 

 

 

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! A long and deafening scream came out of Ella’s mouth. She hurriedly runs away leaving Chun to follow her.

 

 

 

“Wait! Just ride in here! We can be faster than running!” Chun said as he was biking towards her.

 

 

Then Ella accepted his offer, finally.

 

She rides not at the BACK, but at Chun’s FRONT.?

 

 

 

“Why didn’t you ride at the back?”

 

 

 

“What for? For the dogs to bite me first? Of course it has to be you, before me. Hurry up, they’re still running to us!” Ella commanded, while holding to the handle.

 

 

 

Chun chuckles from Ella’s childish reason. Suddenly, all his thoughts and doubts were brushed off. He feels good from Ella’s near presence. He can smell Ella’s shampoo.

 

‘How come a sporty girl that always sweats sill has her fragrance? Hmm.., smells like lavender.’

 

 

 

Ella feels Chun is doing something. It’s causing her to blush. Shades of crimson red were painted to her porcelain cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“EH!!WATCH OUT!!” “AHHH!!!!!!!”

 

 

Dogs stopped chasing them and he didn’t notice the bumps, causing them to fall down.

 

 

 

“Ouch!” Ella winced in pain. Her knees are a bit wounded.

 

 

“Ella!” Chun shouted and checked on her knees. “I’m sorry.” Another sorry from him. Why is that every time he says that, it makes her heart upside down?

 

 

 

 

Ella is feeling Chun did that on purpose to get back at her. Sad to say, she is narrow- minded when it comes to Chun. That’s why, misunderstanding, leads to bickering.

 

 

“Don’t touch me!” She said brushing Chun’s hands.

 

 

“Are you blaming me?!” Here they go again. The screaming portion.

 

 

“Why aren’t you looking when you’re the one who’s driving your goddamn bike?!”

 

 

 

“I uh…I uh…How am I suppose to drive, you’re blocking my view with your head?!”

 

 

“Oh Chun. I’m shorter than you, how come I was blocking you? What a pathetic excuse. Just blurt out that you’re doing something a while ago!”

 

 

‘Did she found out what I am doing to her?’ He asks himself nervously.

 

 

Ella tried to stand up but she can’t.

 

Her knees are aching.

 

 

Chun reached for his bike and once again, he asked her to ride.

 

 

“Thanks. But no thanks. I’ll just walk than get another ing wound like this.” With that she left.

 

 

‘Geez, if her words are bullets, I might be dead by now.’

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chun follows her behind until they reached her house.

 

 

 

“Stop following me! Go home now. I’m safe and sound right? ”

 

 

“Ella, ”

 

 

“Didn’t you hear her?” Someone intrude the scene. They turned around only to meet…..