Chapter 3

Something in the Mist

I don’t know what Chanyeol does for a living nor did I ever brave enough to ask. He would tell me if he want to. 

 

 Whatever he does, I could tell he's good at it or he holds a pretty high status at wherever company he's working for. We have not even starve, we literally have everything in this house. And the house we're living in aren't small either. 

 

 Too big for two people to be honest. 

 

He's always on time when he's off to work and he comes home exactly at 12 every day. He never misses his work. I've never seen him at home on the weekdays. 

And that was exactly why I was shocked to see him still in bed even though he should've been to work 3 hours ago. He was wrapped under the duvet and he was shivering.  

 

I softly sat beside him and unintentionally woke him up when I touched his forehead. He grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers. "Morning, baby." 

A small smiled appeared on my face. "You're sick." Chanyeol chuckled at my dumb statement, "I can feel that." I took my hand off his grip and rested it on his cheek. "I'll do everything for you today."  

 

"No, get away from me." He said and I froze, thought he was mad at me. "You'll get sick and I don't want that." It would sound cool coming out from him but his voice cracked at the end and I cant help but to break out into a fit of laughter.  

 

"Okay." I said standing up and walked out off his room, not before poking my head out of the small gap of the door, "Get well soon." 

 

I closed the door quietly and entered into the kitchen. "As if I'm going to let him alone when he has a high fever." I snorted and started to roll up my sleeves.  

'No knives.' I could hear his voice in my head and I grunted. He would probably mad if I use knife especially after I cut myself the other day. "Well, scissors it is." 

 

And scissors aren't the best choice to cut onions. I gave up and threw the stuff that was horribly cut with the scissors in the dustbin. I wasn’t really that much of a good cook anyway. I might even get him more sick if I let him eat what I made. 

 

So I decided on pulling out the instant porridge that Chanyeol bought for I don’t know what reason since he cooks all the time. Nothing could go wrong with instant porridge, what's hard about that? And so I dumped the packet contents and poured water inside the pot and let it boil for a couple of minutes. 

It turns out anything could go wrong with instant porridge. I guess I was too busy laughing at Infinity Challenge that I forgot about it. I opened the pot lid and all I see is black. It was burnt, completely. 

 

"What's this smell?" Chanyeol shouted from his room and I panicked. "Don’t come out." I yelled back as I hurriedly threw the pot in the sink and pull out another pot. I took out another packet from the cabinet but it was vegetable porridge. Chanyeol hates vegetables. "He has to get well soon anyway." I shrugged. 

 

This time, I put the suitable amount of water and put the stove on medium heat. I sat on the stool as I waited for it to cook. I would check on the pot to see if it's cooked once in a while. 

 

Chanyeol came from behind and ruffled my hair. I stood up and walked away from him. "You're contagious." I said jokingly and he simply stared at me. "Come here." He beckoned me over and I did. He did not seem in a mood to joke around. 

 

He caught me by surprise when he pulled me by the hand and in for a hug. Well, pretty much crashed my face onto his chest rather than a hug. His grip around my shoulder lessened and he was resting his chin on my head. "You're the one who told me to get away." 

 

"I need a hug from my favorite girl. I can't get away from you for too long so don’t run away from me even if I asked you next time." He said and I raised my eyebrow. "I'll die and suffocate." I almost laughed at his sentence. He's sick, probably that's why he's saying all that bull. The fever was getting to him. He'll kill me if I ever disobey whatever he tells me. Even if he say not to run away even when he asked.  

 

Chanyeol saw the pot and asked what was I cooking. I pull away an arm's length and look at him, "I didn’t use a knife, I swear." I said and pointed at the porridge packet that was in the bin. "It was instant."He laughed at my sentence and opened the lid. I nervously stood by his side and he looked inside the pot. 

 

"Are these those disgusting green plants?" He pointed at the porridge and I chuckled awkwardly. I turned off the stove since the porridge was all ready to eat. I silently took out a bowl  and spoon. "You know I hate these, baby." 

 

"You know, vegetables are actually good for your body. It could actually help you with your fever. I hate it when you're sick, I feel heartbroken when you're sick, and sad and I felt I just loss my happy virus … "I kept on rambling on how sad I was when he's sick as I scooped the porridge into the bowl. 

 

"You eat it." He said when both of us were seated at the table. I almost chocked on my own saliva when he said that. I bit my lips and looked at the porridge. "If you eat it, I'll eat it." He smirked. I groaned, he knew I hate vegetables as much as he does. That annoying giant. 

 

"Chanyeol, honey, I --." He crossed his arms and raised his eyebrows. Oh how I wish to slap off that smirk off his face but we all know if I slap him, I'm the only who'll end up with bruised lips. So I keep that wish to myself and held in the anger. "You said vegetables are good for my health, it'll do good to you too. You'll probably  going to be sick because of me so why not start now. Eat." 

 

I gulped and picked up the spoon. I poked the vegetables with the spoon and I started to gross out by the seconds. I took a deep breath and scooped some of the carrots onto my spoon. "Other than carrots." He spoke up to which I cursed under my breath. Carrots are the only vegetable that I actually would eat.  

 

I picked up the gross-looking green vegetables onto my spoon and straight away put it into my mouth. I didn’t even have the urge to chew the porridge and immediately gulped it down. "There." I threw the spoon into the bowl and pushed it to him. "I'm done, eat." I groaned and drank water to get rid of the iron taste in my mouth.