How it started

Last Moments..

 

"Mom, are we there yet?" jumping off my seat, asking my mother for the nth time while my father drives the car.

 
 
"Honey settle down!" My mother warned
 
 
 
"Don't worry honey, we'll be there in no time!" My father exclaimed.
 
 
 
We were going to the country-side for a vacation. I got a merit award in my school and my parents are rewarding me with a vacation. I have the best and lovable parents in the world.
 
 
 
Just then, I felt the car swerved to the side, crashing on another car. I felt the.car flip. The next thing i know, the car was upside down. My parents were unconscious. I felt my head throbbing. I also felt something wet at the side of my head. I tried to touch it but my hand numb. I can barely open my eyes but I still tried to. I glanced at my parents and they were out cold. Blood was everywhere. I gathered up all my strength to wake them up, but they didn't. 
 
 
 
A man in blue carefully assisted me out of the car. I keep calling out for my parents despite my voice feeling hoarse. My lids felt heavy and the next ting I knew, I dozed off.
 
 
 
I woke up in a brightly lifted room. White sheets and walls. My best friend, was seating beside the bed I was in. Her eyes were puffy. 
 
 
 
"What's wrong? What happened? Where's mom and dad?" called out
 
 
 
I was replied with silence. She held my hand and tried to calm me down.
 
 
 
"No.. No!!" I shouted. Trying to get out of bed. I tried pulling my IV drip when my best friend stopped me.
 
 
 
"Don't! It's not going to help anyone" She consoled.
 
 
 
"I'm really sorry.. They're gone.." She said barely audible.
 
 
 
Tears were uncontrollably rolling down my cheeks. My breathing was uneven. I clutched the white gown I was wearing. My best friend frantically pressed the panic button and called out for a doctor.
 
 
 
The man in a white coat came rushing in the room. He must be the doctor. He ushered my best friend out and the rest of the nurses came in. Just then, I lost consciousness..
 
 
 
I woke up again in the same room, but with the voice of the doctor who came in a while ago, talking to my best friend.
 
 
 
"Your best friend has a weak heart. We need a donor or else she won't live that long" the doctor informed my best friend
 
 
 
"What do you mean won't live that long? How much time does she have?" She questioned
 
 
 
"I'm sad to say she only have a few weeks to live" He replied
 
 
 
"Weeks?!" My best friend exclaimed
 
 
 
"About 10 days to be exact. Even if we do have a donor, I don't think she'll make it" He trailed off
 
 
 
I can hear my best friend's soft sobs. I'm.. g-gonna die?