Break Up The Shell

Animatedly in Love with You

 

"I know right! I also wonder the same! And finally I have a conclusion. The thing is,, Sooyoung is a really ert person!!" Taeyeon chuckled and Tiffany followed along too.

 

"Are you sure it's not because you told her to make the character with huge s??" Tiffany continued to laugh and Taeyeon smiled at that.

 

In spite the fact that Taeyeon felt hurt for Tiffany finally let a man approached her and dated her for more than 3 times, the number a guys usually lasted, Taeyeon still wanted to retain their special friendship. Taeyeon thought it was much better than not having Tiffany at all. She knew she would be teared up apart inside whenever she had to see Tiffany being with anyone else but her. She would cry inside whenever Tiffany mentioned his name. Fortunately, up until now she hadn't done all that. Until when? Taeyeon too didn't have the answer to it.

 

"Taetae, are you okay?" Tiffany asked worriedly when she saw Taeyeon suddenly being silent.

 

"Eh? Uh yes.. I'm alright. Sorry, what did you say again?" Taeyeon turned to Tiffany.

 

"No you're not. What's wrong?" Tiffany frowned.

 

"I told you I'm okay. Aish! Where's the food anyway?? What takes them too long to prepare a simple cheeseburger with fries and tuna sandwich?" Taeyeon pretended to scowl to distract Tiffany.

 

"I don't know. Are you that hungry? We still have an hour before we have to go back to work. Relax, Taetae." Tiffany knew Taeyeon lied but she didn't pry. She just hoped what Taeyeon thought was her and ways how to make Tiffany hers. Sadly, it was vice versa because Taeyeon thought how to let go of Tiffany slowly from her heart and her life.

 

"Ah yes.. Sunny just told me that we would have a new project soon. She trusted me the script and the scenario of the story." Taeyeon announced.

 

"Really? And you decided to take the chance, right? It's a pity if you rejected it. You're one of the best authors I've ever known." Tiffany stirred her coffee and smiled.

 

"Yep! I took it. Hopefully the rating will be as good as the ongoing story I'm doing right now. The TV station gave us 30 episodes and if the rating is good then maybe they will extend the contract." Taeyeon glared at the waiter who just delivered their foods but Tiffany's touch calmed her down almost immediately.

 

"Won't it burden you? Can you handle it?" Tiffany started eating her food.

 

"Don't you have a faith in me?!" Taeyeon pretended to gasp and Tiffany hit Taeyeon's arm. Tiffany's phone vibrated and she smiled while reading the new incoming message.

 

"Taetae.. He asked whether he could join us or not? Will you allow him to eat together with us?" Tiffany's charming aura made Taeyeon in dilemma. Honestly she wanted to say no directly but how could she when Taeyeon knew seeing him was the thing Tiffany wanted the most by now?

 

"Sure.. Tell him to come." Taeyeon forced a smile and Tiffany sighed silently. She actually hoped Taeyeon would say no, but Taeyeon is Taeyeon and that's that.

 

"Good. Thank you, Taetae!!" Tiffany tried to give her best smile even when it was nothing but a fake one. Taeyeon of course didn't notice that.

 

Taeyeon didn't make it to count to 30 minutes because the man Tiffany was talking about arrived soon. They talked and along the way, Taeyeon felt her heart was falling to pieces each minutes passed. Taeyeon gave her best effort not to ruin Tiffany's lunch with the man of her dream no matter how much it disturbed Taeyeon and crushed her weak heart. The best moment was when the time showed that they needed to go back to work.

------------------------------------------

 

Taeyeon absented the next day and few days after. However she still did her responsibility and sent the script through email. She informed Sunny that she's sick but none was allowed to look after her. She locked herself inside her medium-sized apartment, spending her nights and days away drinking, weeping, crying, and crying again.

 

Taeyeon had Tiffany's picture inside her right palm while her left hand was holding a bottle of whiskey. She had a wide smile attached on her face but tears dampened her face. She looked far from ugly but couldn't be said beautiful either. Her apartment bell rang yet she ignored it. The bell kept ringing and it started to bother her. She grumbled under her breath and with limping body, she dragged her body passed the living room.

 

It wasn't the first time this thing happened. The first person who tried to look after her was undoubtedly Tiffany but after few times trying to bell Taeyeon's apartment anda got no response, Tiffany gave up and went home. This thing happened almost everyday when clock struck 6 pm, the exact time Tiffany needed to reach Taeyeon's apartment after work hour ended. Never once Taeyeon opened the door. Never once she replied Tiffany's message and never once she picked up her call. It was only half an hour passed 2 o'clock so, it shouldn't be Tiffany.

 

"Taeyeon-ah!! I know you're inside!! Open this damn door now or I swear you'll receive your first warning letter tomorrow for taking days off without my permission!!" It was Sunny's voice.

 

"What do you want?" Taeyeon unlocked the door and opened it a little, enough for her head to come in between the door and wall.

 

"Yah! What happened to you? Hmmpphh!! You smell like alcohol! You've been drinking this whole week?? And what is that smell again??? How long you haven't taken a bath, Taeng? Oh my God!!" Sunny pushed the door and made herself enter the apartment.

 

"You're so nosy!!" Taeyeon scowled and covered her ears. She wobbly walked to the couch and plopped her body lazily on that.

 

"You're unbelievable! You're not the Taeyeon I knew! Taeyeon I knew was strong and never surrendered to any situation or condition. She would give her best until she could reach her goal. Come on, Taeng!! Wake up!!" Sunny sat on the edge of the couch and slapped Taeyeon's cheek softly several times.

 

"This is the new Taeyeon and wanted it or not, you have to accept it. You can't? Then you're allowed to leave." Taeyeon said and turned her body around, giving her back view to be seen by Sunny.

 

"No you're not!! You're still the same Taeyeon I used to know. The difference is, you never experienced heartache until now. That's why you're different. But how could you feel brokenheart when you never even tried to win her, huh?" Sunny shook Taeyeon's body and Taeyeon grumbled in response.

 

"Yah!! I'm talking to you!! You wanna do this the hard way?? Okay, I'll give it to you!" Sunny got up and went to the kitchen. She retrieved a huge bowl and filled it water.

 

"What the hell?!!!! Yah!! What's wrong with you?!" Taeyeon startled when Sunny poured the water onto her head and made her drenched.

 

"Now you're sober enough. Can we talk then?" Sunny chuckled when Taeyeon threw some curses under her breath.

 

"No! Geez.. My head hurts.. I think I'll go shower first. Wait for a moment, okay?" Taeyeon tidied her hair and got up.

 

"Okay. I'll cook you something then. I'm sure you didn't eat properly. You look so much thinner than the last time I saw you." Sunny said.

 

"Thank's in advance, Bunny. And sorry for yelling at you." Sunny smiled knowing her best friend had back. She nodded and Taeyeon went to bathroom.

-------------------------------------

 

"So what brings you here?" Taeyeon asked while drying her hair with a towel around her neck.

 

"You." Sunny simply stated. She brought the food she made and served it on the coffee table.

 

"What about me? I still did my job thoroughly according to the right schedule. I sent every script on time and whenever you said no, I edited it and fixed it as you wished. I also have done with the new story but just haven't sent it. Now that you're here, I can just print it out and give it to you practically." Taeyeon reasoned out. She took a seat beside Sunny.

 

"You've done the new story too?? Wow!! That's just wow! How could you manage your time well like that? Being drunk for a moment and right at the next moment writing your story.. That deserves a compliment, Taeng." Sunny clapped her hands.

 

"Is that even a compliment?" Taeyeon frowned. She took a bit on the sausage Sunny just made.

 

"Not really... Anyway, didn't Fany try to reach you? She has been complaining for for your absent every single day. She literally interrogated me whenever we passed each other. She asked me why you didn't come to work. She also protested because you seem deliberately set your distance with her. It was like you're avoiding her. Is that right, Taeng?" Sunny turned serious. Taeyeon stopped bitting the sausage.

 

"It's true, isn't it? What are you doing actually? What is you're aiming for??! I thought you loved her!" Sunny wrinkled her eyebrows.

 

"I DO love her!" Taeyeon emphasized the 'do' word to make Sunny understand that Taeyeon does love Tiffany and it wasn't past tense.

 

"Then is this the right thing to show your love? By avoiding her? By letting her weep and desperate to find the answer why you turn bitter and sour to her? By stopping every communication you may have with her? By making her cry?!!!" Sunny raised her tone.

 

"She cried?" Taeyeon asked weakly. She was surprised to hear that Tiffany cried for her. Was it even possible?

 

"She perhaps is still crying until now. For sure, I ever caught her crying alone inside the toilet cubicle. She was shocked for she didn't expect me to be there when she's out of the cubicle. You're the worst best friend I've ever known, Taeng. You don't even deserve to be called her best friend, moreover a lover." Sunny furrowed and pointed her finger at Taeyeon's chest.

 

"How is she?" Taeyeon reluctantly looked up.

 

"Ask her yourself." Sunny shrugged.

 

"If you think torturing yourself and trying to let her go this way will make everything better then you're wrong. If you think tormenting yourself and locking yourself inside the apartment won't affect her in any way, then you're wrong. Because she's affected too, badly. You're thinner and so is she. You look worse and so does she. Don't you think it mean something? Are you that stupid, Taeng?" Sunny sighed.

 

"What do you mean? It means she cares for me yes, but as a mere best friend, Sunny. It can't ever be more than that. I know her." Taeyeon exasperatedly said.

 

"What kind of best friend will do something over like that? Me and you are best friend, but did your existence affected me badly? Nope. Did your absent make me lose my appetite? Nope again. Did I look up for you? Yes I did, but did it make me cry just because I was unable to see you? Hah, you wish!" Sunny hinted.

 

"So you mean that she... She... No,, it can't be." Taeyeon gave a disapproving expression.

 

"I don't know about that. You have to ask her directly if you want to answer that question. Just, don't drag this matter too long. You're not the only person who will be suffer, because she will too. Make up your mind. What do you want to do with her? Do you want to at least try to make her your official lover or just want to stay as what you are now, best friend?" Sunny asked and leaned back.

 

"And crushing our bond just like that? No, I'm not prepared for that, Sunny. I don't want to take that risk." Taeyeon palmed her face in stress.

 

"You do know that you don't have forever, right? My brother has a crush on her too, but different from you, he at least tried to win Tiffany's heart. He knows she at first didn't like him that way but he keeps trying and trying, in hope she will reciprocate his feelings someday. What if when you've made up your mind, she's made a wrong decision? What would you do then, huh?" Sunny sighed again.

 

"Then I will be happy for her and support her. As long as she's happy and your brother isn't a jerk than I will try to accept my destiny and perhaps try to move on. Time can heal everything, right?" Taeyeon smiled bitterly. A tear escaped from her eye.

 

"Listen, Taeng. My brother has made a huge movement. He has confessed about 3 days ago but Tiffany hasn't given him the answer. Maybe it's because she wanted to ask for your opinion too, but your silent treatment made her stress. Don't blame anyone if she somehow will say yes to him. Just be prepared for the worst." Sunny hugged her best friend immediately when Taeyeon's tears came out rapidly and uncontrollable.

 

"Hey, don't be like that. It's not too late if you decided to make a move now, Taeng." Sunny rubbed Taeyeon's back.

 

"I love her, Bunny. I love her so damn much I want to die. I rather die than seeing her happy with anyone else but me. But I will also die if I confess and it turns out she doesn't like me that way. I better having her as a best friend than not having her at all, right, Bunny? I've made the best decision haven't I?" Taeyeon cried on Sunny's shoulder.

 

"Shoosshh.. Just pour out everything you feel inside and stop bottling it up. I'm here for you." Sunny kept rubbing Taeyeon's back.

 

"Why can't I love you instead, Bunny? I'm sure it will be easier for me if you're the one I love." Taeyeon sobbed.

 

"Yah! What do you take me for, huh? Do you think I'd be that easy?! I swear I'll be much harder to get if I'm the one you love!" Sunny argued and Taeyeon chuckled.

 

"But seriously, Taeng. Try to win Tiffany's heart. Even just once, please try. You have nothing to lose anyway. If Tiffany said yes to him, both of you will eventually get further. She will be busy with him and you too will avoid her, or maybe get yourself busy so you won't have to listen to her telling story about him or her relationship with him." Sunny halted to take a breath. She let go of Taeyeon and helped Taeyeon to wipe away her tears.

 

"But if you tried, you'd know what she feels inside. What she actually feels for you, be it love as in love with you or just love like best friend does. If you failed, at least you've tried and satisfied because you'd know you've at least tried. If she feels the same then that's good for you. You can replace her title from best friend to lover. Think about it, Taeng." Sunny caressed Taeyeon's cheek.

 

"Well, I think I have to go now. Remember, Taeng. Think about it. It's now or never." Sunny grabbed her coat and went out of Taeyeon's sight, leaving Taeyeon in daze and busy in her own thought.

 

"Maybe Sunny is right." Taeyeon muttered.

--------------------------------------

 

"Good morning, Mam!" A staff greeted Taeyeon on her way to her cubicle.

 

"Morning!!" Taeyeon greeted back with ecxiting tone.

 

"Hey! Glad to have you back, buddy! Where have you been?" Yuri met Taeyeon when she was about to get out of her studio.

 

"Hi, Yul! Hahaha.. I got some business so I took days off. I'm fine, thanks'. How are you? And how is our story so far? Is the rating still good?" Taeyeon hugged Yuri for a moment and patted her back.

 

"Yep! We still managed to reach the top in rating thanks' to you. I've heard you've finished writing all of 30 episodes for our new story. Is that right?"

 

"Yes.. That's one of reasons why I took my days off. I just hope Sunny will be happy with the story."

 

"Oh don't worry. She is happy, amused, and elated. She praised you so many times for the new story is so touching and different from your other stories you've written so far. She also said, it was so sad that it made her cry. An anime could make Sunny who has a heart as strong as steel cry. That's just wow, Taeng!" Yuri tapped Taeyeon's shoulder.

 

"Don't be too cocky with that praise, Taeng. But anyway, she's right. Your story is beyond great. I know what's the secret and main reason why you made the story. But, it's just to stressing and exasperating." Sunny came from behind and joined the conversation.

 

"Hahaha.. Sorry for making you cry like a baby, then bunny." Taeyeon teased the shorter woman.

 

"Shut up!" Sunny slapped Taeyeon's arm.

 

"Yul, I want to get out first to retrieve the- Taetae!!!" Tiffany ran and jumped to hug the woman she had been missing so much.

 

"Ouch! Yaah! Watch where you're going, Fany. What if I couldn't catch you rightly?" Taeyeon tightened her hold on Tiffany while Tiffany wrapped her two legs around Taeyeon's waist and her arms around Taeyeon's neck.

 

"I knew you'd never let me fall, Taetae! I missed you!!" Tiffany said but still didn't want to get off of Taeyeon.

 

"Oh my oh my.. Look at these 2 love birds. Tsk! It makes me jealous as hell." Yuri commented and walked away from the group.

 

"Don't leave me behind, Yul! I don't want to see this too alone. Geezz.. Why don't you just be lovers instead." Sunny immediately shut when she saw Taeyeon glared at her.

 

"Yah! You have lots to explain!!" Tiffany suddenly remembered and got off. She hit Taeyeon's chest repeatedly.

 

"Aw aw aw!! Stop it, Fany-ah.. I know I'm wrong and I'll explain it later." Taeyeon defended herself from Tiffany's continous slap.

 

"Aish this girl!" Taeyeon stepped forward and engulfed Tiffany in a tight embrace.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"I hate you."

 

"No you don't and you can't ever hate me. I'm so sorry, Miyoung-ah." Taeyeon grazed Tiffany's back with full of love.

 

"Why you never answered my call? Why you didn't reply my messages, not even once? Why you didn't open your door whenever I visited your apartment even when I knew you're inside? You know what? You're right. I don't hate you. I can't ever hate you. But did you do all of that because it's you who hate me?" Tiffany started to cry.

 

"No no no. Don't cry, please. Let's go inside your studio and we can talk it out." Taeyeon got panic and led Tiffany to enter the studio together with her.

 

"I got so stressed lately and I didn't know what to do about it so I decided to take days off and locked myself from the world. You're not the only person whom I treated badly. I'm so sorry, Fany-ah." Taeyeon started the explanation.

 

".........." Tiffany didn't answer and continued crying.

 

"I also used those days to write my new story. Fortunately I got many inspirations so I have submitted it to Sunny and it looks like she likes it too. I've finished writing the script of the new anime story thanks' to my days off." Taeyeon brushed Tiffany's tears with her thumbs.

 

"I'm so sorry, Fany-ah. I didn't mean to ignore you or made you feel like I didn't care. You know I do care for you, right?" Taeyeon fixed Tiffany's fringe and brought it behind her ears.

 

"I don't know you anymore, Taetae. I'm still disappointed and feel like you don't care about me anymore. You've made me cry and wondering about why you did all those, why you left me and avoided me." Tiffany slapped Taeyeon's hand away.

 

She felt hurt and betrayed for Taeyeon had never done this before. She was afraid Taeyeon would leave her for good. She even dared to go to Sunny's room and scolded her, blamed her for all the things happened between her and Taeyeon. Sunny however still managed to calm her down and persuaded her to stay stick with the plan. She wasn't prepared to be parted away from Taeyeon. She would never be prepared for that anyway, for she loved Taeyeon too much, just like how Taeyeon loved her.

 

"I do care for you, Fany-ah. I know you deserved a proper explanation and I will do that, but not now." Taeyeon smiled.

 

"What do you mean?! Explaining yourself now!" Tiffany yelled with her eyebrows furrowed.

 

"I heard from Sunny that he has confessed to you. You haven't given him the answer, right?" Taeyeon asked with full of hope. Her eyes said it all and Tiffany got the clues.

 

"Sunny told you, didn't she? What if I've given him my answer?" Taeyeon's eyes grew wide and tears almost went out from her eyes.

 

"Relax, Taetae. I haven't. I want to ask for your opinion first before giving him the answer." Tiffany changed her plan to tease Taeyeon when she caught Taeyeon almost cried.

 

"Good. Please extend and postpone the answer for at least a week. Can you do that for me?" Taeyeon pushed further and Tiffany couldn't read Taeyeon's mind.

 

"And why is that?" Tiffany touched Taeyeon's cheek, making the shorter woman closed her eyes and enjoyed the warm hand on her face.

 

"Make it to 4 days then. Please? I beg you, Fany-ah." Taeyeon took Tiffany's hand and kissed it.

 

"Taetae.." Tiffany was caught of guard. Taeyeon never did this kind of thing before.

 

"Please?" Taeyeon palmed Tiffany's face.

 

"Oo-okay then." Tiffany stammered for the gap between their faces was reduced and close to none.

 

"Thank you. 4 days is all I ask. In 4 days I will give you the full and complete explanation as of why I looked like I was avoiding you and I will help you answer his confession by giving you option and advice. We're okay now, aren't we?" Taeyeon took Tiffany's hand and intertwined it.

 

"Yeah, of course. 4 days okay, Taetae." Tiffany loved the feeling of Taeyeon's hand in hers. It felt right, the moment felt right and they being together felt right too.

 

"4 days it is then. I'm gonna go to my cubicle now. I'll see at lunch, okay? We will have lunch together, Tiffany Hwang and trust me it will just the two of us. This time I won't let him join us even if he insists. Got it, Ms. Hwang?" Taeyeon winked and again Tiffany was startled with Taeyeon's change of attitude.

 

"Roger that, Ms. Kim." Tiffany smiled. She had to admit she liked the jealous and possessive Taeyeon somehow.

---------------------------------------

 

"Knock knock, Bunny! Are you busy?" Taeyeon walked into Sunny's office room.

 

"Oh hi Taeyeon! What's with the happy mood? And glad to have you back." Sunny gestured Taeyeon to come closer.

 

"Here, read this and tell me what you think." Taeyeon put a stack of papers on Sunny's table.

 

"A proposal to borrow the audio visual studio for a day? What for?" Sunny was confuse. She reread the proposal but still couldn't find out the reason why.

 

"Give me a yes and I'll tell you why." Taeyeon grinned.

 

"Wipe that grin off of your face. You look suspicious. But okay, it's a yes." Sunny gave the proposal back to Taeyeon.

 

"Good. Here is the reason why." Taeyeon switched the proposal with another document. Sunny frowned at Taeyeon first before reading the document.

 

"Wow!! Is this even real?? When did you even manage to make this?" Sunny looked at Taeyeon and the woman still had the same grin on her kid like face.

 

"What do you think?" Taeyeon asked with a happy tone.

 

"What happened to you? Where did you get the braveness? This is great, Taeng! Of course I will borrow you the studio! Tell me what other things you need and I'll try my best to fulfill your needs." Sunny smiled widely. She felt happy for finally Taeyeon had made up her mind in a good way.

 

"That's all I need for now, Bunny. Just make sure, you'll be there too. I need your support. I don't think I can handle the nervousness but at least, I'll try, right?" Taeyeon took back the document or in other word, the script she had prepared for later.

 

"Yes! I know you can do it, Taeng! I'll be there for you. Do you want me to tell other staffs to be there too? So they can see what a romantic person you are in life and perhaps they can be insipired from the way you confess to her." Sunny exclaimed.

 

"Oh, sure. Invite others staffs too if you want. But please don't tell Tiffany about this. Make sure you will have your mouth zipped." Taeyeon warned Sunny.

 

"Hahaha.. Of course, Taeng. You can trust me with that. I'll tell the others 2 days before the H day." Sunny gave a thumb up.

 

"Good. I'll ask Sooyoung and Yuri to help me after this. I'll see you later, Bunny! And thanks' for the help." Taeyeon waved and got out.

 

"Good to have the real Taeyeon back. I wish you luck, Taeng." Sunny mumbled and smiled to herself.

--------------------------------------------

 

Thank you for the positive reaction and comments I've received so far XD

So here is the second chapter for all of you~

I'm trying to write the last chapter now but I don't think I can finish it soon. I need to sleep because I have to wake up super early tomorrow. The traffic every monday is unbearable T.T

Now that I think again, this story is too simple and fluffy, isn't it? But I hope you still like it anyway T.T

Please give me more comments because it means a lot for me :D

Thank you again for reading, liking, subscribing, voting and giving comments into this story~

Next chapter will be the last one so be prepared~ Kekeke..

I love you and see ya!! :*