Too little, too late

Be mine

Your POV

 

I clutched on to my stomach and ran out from the cafeteria, I just couldn't stand being there. I faked a cramp when where I really feel pain is, in my heart.

I think it’s overflowing, you were always like that to me
My heart expands as your hurt grows
Come to me, it’s because I like it when you smile
I’ll make you comfortable, yeah, at least I can for you

 

I ran into the girls toilet and I didn't even realise tears ran down my face. I cried hard and long till lunch break ends. I cleaned up my face, more like splashing water on to my swollen face. I looked up in the mirror.

This is the girl that I've been hiding from everyone, my vunerable self. I am ashamed of it. Just beacause of a boy, I cry my eyes out, jealousy took over me and I had to tell lies. This is not what I wanted. I don't know why I am still waiting for something that is impossible to happen.

I straighted myself and walked back to class. I got wierd stares from people, they must think I am depressed or something. They know my name, but they don't know my story, I just ignore them. I entered my class with my head down. I don't want anyone to see me.

Suddenly somebody grabbed my arm and turned me around. 

Hoya was standing right infront of me with a worried look on his face. His hands still gripping tight on my arms.

"You don't really have to lie you know, I've known you since elementary school. You have over used your period as an excuse to escape from my questions."

Damn, his right. I should have told him a better excuse. 'Period' seems to be common to him already. 

I heaved a sigh.  "Okay, since you know the truth, don't bother asking me why. I never want to say it again. It hurts me you know."

Tears once again welled up my eyes. I blinked it all away. I've caused enough worry to Hoya. He stepped foward and rubbed my back, just like how he always try to console me when I'm sad. 

"Everything's gonna be okay. I promise."

Hoya's POV

 

_____________, I promise you, I will make it all better. Even if it means sacrificing my friendship with Sungyeol.

The end of your wet eyes full of memories
I hope it dies in my embrace
I try to at least protect you
Who quietly heard the falling tears being swallowed by ripped hearts

 

 


 

The rest of the class period was quiet. ________ didn't seemed to be paying any attention. She kept on daydreaming and resting her head on her desk. Poor girl, she went through a lot for that choding.

 

~Soccer practice~

Your POV

 

Tae Hee came for practice today, she seemed.. normal? No reaction at all. She must be using him or something, just like the other girl before her. Whats her name??....Hmm.. Oh yeaaa, Soyeon. Yeaa now I remember, she's the netball captain. people thought that the soccer captain(Sungyeol) and the netball captain would be a cute couple. They thought wrong. Soyeon was just using him for popularity and right after that, she dumped him really hard. He came crying to me that day, telling me how stupid he was for falling for her.

I envy Tae Hee. Not only she is good in soccer but she is also cute and kind. Of course any guy would like her. And that guy is Sungyeol. I don't hate her, just envy her. She's got everything that I had to live without.

I don't know what came over me when I kicked a highball so high with full force. I guess I drove all my fuming anger into the ball. I did'nt see where I was aiming, until the ball fell right on..

BANG! It hit Tae hee's head, really hard. It was purely an accident, but I can't help but feeling satisfied. But really, that was not my intention. She held on her head like it gonna fall anytime. Sheesh, chillax sis, its just a soccer ball. But if I were to use a bowling ball, that will be a whole different story. Sungyeol came to her aid. He has his hands all over her, like she is dying or something. Tae Hee kept assuring him that she is fine. See? I told ya!

 

"Yah! __________!! Are you dumb or something?! Can't you see that Tae Hee is hurt?! Look what you've done! Watch where you're aiming. If you don't know how to play, then don't!" Sungyeol screamed right across the field from where I was standing.

I heard every word perfectly clear. Not only he embarassed me infront of the whole soccer team, but he is also stabbed my heart with his harsh words. I've never seen him that angry to me before. I guess he really changed, since he is trying to protect Tae Hee. He never defended me when I was injured like that before.

"Oppa, really its okay. _________ -sunbae did not do it on purpose,  its my fault,not hers. I should'nt be standing near the goal post."    She tried to convince him. How sweet, it makes me wanna puke.

"She really has to watch where she is aiming. She could've hurt somebody else. Come'on, lets go to the nurse's office to get you some ice."   That, really made me burn up inside. I felt like Im gonna burst anytime. I had enough. He changed so much. They stood up and walked away.

They stopped on their tracks. Sungyeol seemed to be having a conversation with someone. I did'nt bother to see who. I just stood there, dumbfounded since he said those hateful words. My mind went blank. Sungyeol, that choding, was NEVER like that. He only gets angry when somebody steals his food. I guess he found a better thing than food. He changed.. so much.

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

I helped Tae Hee up, and walked towards the exit of the field with my arms around her. That got me a bit too proud.

Some dude was blocking the exit. Hoya? Standing there acting all cool. He must have seen everything. Yeaa, he is always _________'s saviour. 

"What do you want? You're blocking my way!" I said in a firm voice, or what I call, my 'listen-to-me-and-don't-try-to-fight-me-because-I-am -leesungyeol-voice'.

"You my friend, had just lost my respect as a teamate and a friend. Not only that, " He paused. He looked at Tae Hee from head to toe and looked behind us at something.  "You also lost you two bestfriends" 

"What the hell are you saying Howon? Can you just be straight foward?" I was getting irritated.

"If you were smart enough to appriciate people around you, this would'nt have happen. Think about it yourself" he said in a cold voice, almost scary. He walked past me and purposely knocked my shoulder against his. If that move was to try and impress Tae Hee, I would've kill him on the spot. But what he said really made me thinking, what is he trying to say?

"Oppa, I'm fine now. I don't need ice. Uhhh... Im gonna head back to practice." Tae Hee said sweetly and walked away. I guess she did not want to get caught in the situation.

 

Your POV

Hoya walked up to me with the same worried expression. He pulled me into his arms and hugged me into his warm embrace. I really like his hugs, its warm and comfortable. He never attempted to try funny things on me. He rubbed my back. He never said a word. I guess he knows that I know what he is going to say. I did not hug back. My mind is still blank. Tears welled up once again, I found myself crying into his shoulder. In the middle of the soccer field, infront of the whole soccer team. I don't care if I bawled my eyes out, Im hurt and Im gonna cry.

He hushed me and he has this look in his eyes. Somehow it made my heartbeat faster. It assured me, I like gazing into his eyes. 

 

Hoya's POV

“Sometimes you’re in love with the one you can’t have… and you have the one you can’t love” the words just slipped out of my lips.  I hope she knows what I mean.

We just stood there, __________ is crying her heart out. What she doesn't know that seeing her cry, hurts me inside. I never seen her so vulnerable like this.

"_________ sunbae. I am so sorry. I never realise what I have done. I am so so deeply and truly sorry. I'll leave Sungyeol oppa if that will make you better" Tae Hee sincerely pleaded. The look on her face tells me that he is really really sincere about this.

_______ looked up and faked another smile.

"Its ok. Im used to this kind of drama. TaeHee, do me a favour. Don't leave him. He is happier since he met you. I'll be fine, don't worry. Just don't hurt him."  How odd, she is sacrificing her own feelings. She wanted him to be happy even after that babo said those words to her. When will she learn?! 

I looked around, Sungyeol is nowhere to be seen. He must have been looking for food or something to calm himself down. Choding much. Psssh. And he is not even worried that his bestfriend... no, ex bestfriend is bawling her eyes out. I turned to her and told her, 

"Listen to me, from this day on, I never want you to be with Sungyeol. Don't even talk to him or even look at him. Trust me, its for your own good." Actually, its for the good of us. _________ will eventually realise that all this while, she should have been in love with me, not him.

I took her hand and lead her out of the field. Yeaa, we're ditching soccer practice, there's enough drama anyway. Thats wierd, ________ didn't seem to fight back. Oh well, thats better.

 

~At the park near your school~ (still Hoya's POV)

We always go to this park is we need some thinking time. This place is my favourite hangout spot with _____.

 

_________ is watching the leaves fall from the trees and flew away. And then she smiled, which made me a bit creeped out.

"I wish I was like the leaves, once the wind picks it up, it will fly away.with the wind, into somewhere else better than the ground." she said, alsmost daydreaming.

"Then I'll be your wind that picks you up" ok, I did not just say that to her. Now I look like a fool. Get a grip Howon!

Don't let her think that you are corny!

"That. was. super. corny. DUDE!" she chuckled and punched my arm lightly. I felt quite relieved, at least I made her smile. We spent about 3 hours in the park talking about random things, like the future, our families and our dreams. I was quite shocked when she told me that she wants to be a doctor. Well, she is smart anyways. I walked her home just to spend more time with her.

On the way to her house,

"Yah, Hoya-sshi. I know this sounds random. But I wish I fell for you rather than Sungyeol." She said sweetly, without looking away from me. I practically melted by her words and gaze. Those were the words I prayed every night to hear from her. I liked her since I first met her in  elementary school you know.