Finale: The Story of Us

Because It's You

 

 

“Didn’t she tell you? Her father gets a promotion and they need to move to France next month. I thought you knew. Your father and I are planning to hold a goodbye party for them.”

 

His mother’s words echoed through his head as Myungsoo furiously ran through the busy street of Seoul. He hoped what his mother told him through the phone wasn’t right. It can’t be right. Why didn’t Jieun tell him anything about it? Did she plan to leave him quietly?

 

“Watch it bastard!”

 

A passerby cursed at him as he bumped into a guy but Myungsoo couldn’t care less. He shot that poor guy a death glare and the guy hurriedly walked away from him, cursing him all the way. Myungsoo was mad and he needed to see Jieun right now and he wanted her to deny everything. Maybe...she won’t follow her family to France. Maybe...she decided to finish her high school here. They were in their senior year after all. Maybe...and maybe. There were a lot of possibilities running through his head and he hoped he was right but as much as he wanted to convince himself, he knew better how much Jieun loved her family. There was no way she will abandon her happy family and live alone like him. She was a filial daughter, unlike him. There were so different in every aspect yet they clicked.

 

Myungsoo furiously looked around as he reached the park where he was supposed to meet Jieun today. They made a plan to meet today because Jieun wanted to see the full blossom cherry blossom flowers in the park. It was a famous place for couples and Myungsoo actually hated crowded place but he can never say no to Jieun. It was crowded as expected and Myungsoo was having a hard time to find that petite girl among the sea of people.

 

“Oi Kim Myungsoo!”

 

Myungsoo turned around when he heard a familiar voice calling for him. It was her. She found him first.

 

“Yah follow me. I found this one place and it is not that crowded there.”

 

Before he could react, he found himself being dragged away from the crowded place as Jieun led their way. They occasionally bumped into other people and Jieun will quickly apologize to them. Myungsoo kept quiet the whole time, staring at her back and their intertwined fingers. At that moment, feeling the warmth of her hand linked with his, Myungsoo wasn’t sure if he was still mad at her.

 

“Phew that was tough.”

 

Myungsoo watched as Jieun settled herself on the bench nearby, wiping her imaginary sweat. Myungsoo followed suit as he took a seat beside her quietly. She was right. It wasn’t so crowded there, only few people passing by sometimes and Myungsoo was glad. He was already not in a good mood, having so many people around him will only make it worst. Even the pretty pink flowers blossoming around them can’t help to make him feel any better.

 

“It’s so nice here, right? You’re lucky that I found this place while waiting for you. I was so bored and I started to take a walk by myself and then I-------------------------hey, why are you so quiet today? And what’s up with that devastated face?  Did someone piss you off today?”

 

Jieun finally noticed that Myungsoo didn’t utter a single word since he came. She was used to Myungsoo being quiet and he only talked when he wanted to piss her off but today was different. The look in his eyes was different. He looked so disappointed and it bothered her. She stared at him, waiting for his response but he stared blankly at nothing, not even turning his head to look at her. Jieun huffed, perhaps he was mad at her?

 

“Yah are you okay? Say something. Are you annoyed to see so many people here? Fine. I’m sorry that I force you to come but...Oh come on, cheer up and look at those pretty pink flowers. They’re so pretty. They make me happy just by looking at them. I though you will be happy--------- ”

 

“Don’t you have anything to tell me?”

 

Myungsoo sharply cut her off, his tone was dangerously cold but his expression remained expressionless as he stared ahead, still not looking at her. His words effectively shut her up as she blinked at him in confusion.

 

“W-What do you mean? I don’t have anything to sayyyy...oh wait, are you mad at me because I hide your ‘suspicious’ magazines in the cupboard? Shessh you don’t have to be that angry, I’m just trying to save your mind from being polluted by those devilish plan before------------- ”

 

“You know I’m not talking about that Jieun.”

 

Myungsoo cut off her words again as he snapped his head towards her at that instant, his sharp gaze focused on her brown orbs. Jieun immediately lost her words upon seeing his dead serious expression. For a minute, they just looked into each other’s eyes silently and Jieun started to realize why he was acting like that. He knew...and he was furious. She immediately tore her gaze away as the realization hit her.

 

“You knew?”

 

Jieun asked, smiling bitterly as she focused her gaze on the full blossom cherry blossom flowers hanging on the trees in front of her. The flowers were so pretty but it didn’t matter anymore. Her happy mood suddenly turned sour and bitter as he reminded her of the fact that she won’t be here to look at these pretty flowers again next year and the next year after...perhaps forever. The worst of all, Kim Myungsoo won’t stay by her side anymore. And that thought hurt her so much.

 

“You think you can hide it from me forever?”

 

Myungsoo gritted his teeth, glaring at her side profile. Yeah...Kim Myungsoo was furious and Jieun was aware of that. She can hear the anger and disappointment in his tone and she wished that she didn’t need to hear that.

 

“I thought I can tell you when the timing is right...”

 

“And when is the right timing Jieun? The day you finally leave for good or are you planning not to tell me at all and leave quietly, making me look like a complete fool for having someone else to tell me that my so called best friend has left me? Scratch that. I already felt like a fool when my mom broke the news to me. You know how disappointed I am right now? ”

 

Myungsoo breathed heavily, venting out his frustration. Jieun finally turned to look at him and it broke her heart to see the sad look in his eyes. She had never seen him in this state before and it surprised her to see him looking like this.

 

“No Myungsoo! I really wanted to tell you but you look so happy these days and I don’t won’t to see you all upset because of me. You are very important to me, more than anything and I just..........I’m sorry Myungsoo. I really am...”

 

Jieun trailed off as her heart started to shatter, even looking at his eyes was a painful thing to do right now. She looked away again, looking at anything else was fine as long as they weren’t his eyes. She blinked the tears that threatened to fall.

 

Myungsoo immediately softened as he saw the guilty and apologetic looks in her face. He knew she was close to break down and he hated to be the reason why she cried. He took a deep breath, trying his best not to intimidate her.

 

“Are you really...going?”

 

His tone softened as he observed her reaction, still hoping that she will say no even though he knew better what her answer will be. He was hoping for something impossible. Hoping that she will stay...And his breath hitched when he had his question answered...

 

Jieun nodded.

 

And Kim Myungsoo had his eyes closed at that instant, swallowing the bitter reality he was having right now.

 

After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, Jieun finally turned to look at Myungsoo when she felt too suffocated by the silence environment surrounding them. She can’t even hear the sound of people talking since they were quite far away from other people and heck, there wasn’t even anyone passing by them. Nice timing. She stared at him as he still had his eyes shut and Jieun continued to stare at him, waiting for him to open his eyes and look at her again. Feeling her eyes on him, he finally muttered something and Jieun really wanted to say yes to that but she just can’t...

 

“Can’t you stay?”

 

“Myungsoo, don’t be like this. Hey, it’s not that I’m dying or something. It’s not that I’m going to EXO or Matoki planets or any other planets where you can’t reach me either, we still live in the same planet, so you can always call me or e-mail me or----------”

 

“Just...stay.”

 

She tried to joke around, hoping that he would laugh out loud, mocking her favorite boy groups like he always did each time she swooned over them but he effectively cut her off again.

 

“Myungsoo...you know I won’t abandon my family like that.”

 

“What about me then? Aren’t you abandoning me?”

 

“Myungsoo...”

 

What he did next completely paralyzed her. He grabbed her, pulling her into a tight hug and Jieun can barely breathe. And Jieun was able to feel it again...his heart was beating so fast against his chest and Jieun was afraid that it would explode. Same goes to her heart...

 

“Jieun...please, I never asked for anything from you. For once, can’t you fulfill this one request? I promise that I will be good to you, I won’t piss you off anymore and I will listen to all your words. So, please...stay with me.”

 

Jieun pulled away, searching for his eyes. She cupped his face so that she can look at him straight in the eyes. She wanted him to understand her decision and accept it whole heartedly.

 

“Hey Myungsoo...listen to me. I’m not abandoning you. I will never do that. It’s just that I have my own duty as a daughter and a sister. I have my parents and a bratty brother to be taken care of. My father won’t accept that promotion if I refuse to stay there. He had been waiting for this chance since forever. What kind of daughter I am if I can’t make my parents happy? Plus, do you think my parents will let me live alone in Korea? I am their only daughter you know...”

 

Looking at the sincerity in her eyes, Myungsoo knew he should just let her go. It was so selfish of him to expect her to stay by his side forever. But can you really blame him for that? He was so in love with this girl. And love is indeed...selfish. When you were in love, you can’t help but hoping that the one you love will stay by your side forever. Myungsoo was desperate to make her stay alright.

 

“You can stay with me.”

 

Myungsoo can’t control his mouth from saying that.

 

“Yah are you crazy? You want other people to call me a shameless and easy girl for living with a guy? It’s not that we’re married or something.”

 

Jieun scoffed as she flicked Myungsoo’s forehead but he wasn’t affected at all by her reaction as his brain was busy processing a crazy idea and he blurted it out unconsciously.

 

“Marry me then.”

 

“A-Are you crazy?”

 

Jieun was beyond flustered as she widened her eyes, shocked. She quickly turned away, fanning herself. She was blushing like crazy, mind you. Yeah she had been waiting for his second proposal since forever but THIS? A marriage proposal at this young age? She was waiting for his proposal so that they can be an official couple, not a proposal to be his legal wife. Okay, maybe she will accept it if they were in their mid 20s but now? Oh this guy must be nuts.

 

Myungsoo himself was shocked by his sudden and random marriage proposal. He mentally slapped himself hard. Really Kim Myungsoo? Were you out of your mind? But heck, he already blurted it out, so might as well go all the way with it. Plus, she was the only girl he had been dreaming to spend his life with so what’s the problem with proposing her? Everything was wrong though. She wasn’t even his girlfriend to begin with and he never even confessed his real feelings to her properly and all of a sudden...a marriage proposal? Crazy Kim Myungsoo was crazy and Lee Jieun was freaking out.

 

“I’m dead serious Lee Jieun. Marry me.”

 

He said it again as if it was nothing. Just go all the way Myungsoo, he though coolly.

 

“Stop joking around Kim Myungsoo. It’s not funny okay.”

 

Jieun was still freaking out.

 

“I am not. Here, take this for now. I will buy you a new one later.”

 

Myungsoo slipped a ring off his finger and then he grabbed Jieun’s hand, ridiculously trying to slip in the ring on her ring finger. When he realized that the ring didn't fit that finger, he tried putting it on her other fingers but damn, none of those pretty little fingers can fit his ring except her thumb. Jieun blinked at him, too shocked by his sudden ridiculous act. Few seconds later, Myungsoo also blinked at her, suddenly embarrassed at how ridiculous he was acting. He finally setled the ring on her forefinger as it hung loosely there. He wanted to put it on her thumb but that would be plain ridiculous.

 

“W-Wear that first o-okay.”

 

He scratched the back of his head, his face was all red. Damn what the hell I was doing? He thought. But hey, this guy was desperate okay.

 

Jieun gaped at him, still trying to process what just happened. Did he really, seriously propose her? She looked at her forefinger, staring at the black ring that was hanging loosely there. To be honest, it was...ugly.

 

“B-But Myungsoo we’re still young and and...we’re just f-friends. You should marry someone you l-love, not randomly proposing your b-bestfriend just because you don’t want me to lea-----”

 

Jieun was flailing her hands in the air, trying to calm herself down when Myungsoo pulled her into a h-hug...no, scratch that. He pulled her in for an unexpected...kiss. A desperate yet daring and convincing one.

 

He wanted to convey all his feelings for her through the kiss, hoping that she would understand it and he wasn’t joking around at all when he asked her to marry him. So what if they were young? As cliché as it may sound, age was just a number. He had never been so sure about something in his life but this time, he was sure of it. He didn’t just propose to make her stay but he really really really loved her...with all his heart. And he put all his feelings into that kiss, kissing her senseless like the way he had dreamt it to be for so long and this time, he wasn’t holding back at all. His self control had a limit and he was glad that he finally had the guts to cross it now.

 

Jieun felt herself trembling in his touch. Her eyes were wide open for a few seconds but then it fluttered close as she felt him nibbling her lower lips, asking for a response and she kissed him back timidly. Yes, she was timid, heck it was her first kiss and this guy in front of her was acting like a pro, not that she was complaining though. At that moment, anything else didn’t matter anymore, the fact that they were friends and friends were not supposed to act like this but with the way they were kissing right now, she was sure that everything will change from now on. They were clearly not in friend zone anymore, they finally passed that barrier. And she was glad.

 

“Omma look, that oppa is eating that unnie’s mouth.”

 

That innocent statement successfully knocked all the air inside their lungs as they sprang away, avoiding each other’s eyes. Both of them were red in the face as they stared at a little girl, standing not far away from them as she blinked innocently at the two lovebirds. Darn this little girl, Myungsoo cursed silently.

 

“Oh I’m sorry. You can continue whatever you’re doing just now.”

                                                                                        

The little girl’s mother sheepishly pulled her daughter away from the scene as they coincidently passed by the lovebirds when they were kissing just now. What a nice timing, really. Not.

 

“I-I need to go. M-My father had been calling me.”

 

Jieun, still red in the face made an excuse to run away from him as she pretended to look at her phone, checking her call logs. She still needed time to think about all these random, sudden and unexpected turn of events. Starting from Myungsoo being angry at her, him asking her to stay with him, the random marriage proposal and now the mind blowing kiss along with an indirect confession? Just a day ago, she already made a decision to tell him about her departure and now he ruined all the plan with his unexpected acts. She was having a second thought now. But she knew it will be so selfish of her to act according to her feelings without thinking about her family.

 

“L-Let’s go then. I will walk you to your house.”

 

Myungsoo stuttered, not looking at her. He was sure that he will pull her in for another kiss if he took a longer than one second look at her red face.

 

“I-It’s okay. I will call you later okay.”

 

Jieun quickly walked away before Myungsoo had a chance to say anything. Myungsoo was left speechless looking at her reaction. Was she that embarrassed? He thought. But he shrugged it off, thinking that she needed time to think about everything. A smile crept to his lips as he remembered the way she replied to his kiss. He knew she was timid but she tried her best to follow his moves. He was all red again thinking about that.

 

“Aish you better call me later Lee Jieun.”

 

 


 

 

Jieun didn’t call Myungsoo after that. It had been a week since the day the two finally stepped out of their friend zone world. Myungsoo didn’t make an effort to call her either, thinking that she wasn’t ready to talk to him yet, let alone facing him. Time was ticking for both of them as Jieun and her family was supposed to move in two weeks yet she still didn’t give him her final answer.

 

That was when Myungsoo thought that maybe, he was being too pushy by proposing her like that. She must have been burdened by that proposal. It was like he was asking her to choose between him and her family. That was when he realized how selfish he was. Yes, love can make you became a selfish person but would you still choose to be selfish when the one you loved suffered because of you?

 

And finally Myungsoo made his decision. Jieun had always been the mature one between them. She used to make all the decisions for him and most of the time, he just let her chose the best for him but he thought it was about time for him to make a mature and right decision for her. That was why he was here today, in front of her room.

 

“Jieun...”

 

Myungsoo called her softly as he walked into her room. She was sitting on the floor, holding a picture frame and he knew it was their picture together. She looked startled to see him there as she quickly looked away, wiping something away from her face. He knew she was crying just now.

 

“M-Myungsoo, what are you doing here?”

 

“Pabo, to see you of course.”

 

“Oh did my mom let you in? She should have told me first.”

 

Jieun muttered the last part quietly as she stood up, putting the frame back on the table. She gasped when she turned around only to meet Myungsoo’s eyes as he was standing so close to her. She can’t help but look into his eyes, drowning in them. She missed this guy so much. It was only a week and she already felt like dying without him by her side. She didn’t know how she was supposed to deal with it when he was miles away from her.

 

What if he met another girl when she was away? What if he refused to wait for her? What if he was heartbroken when she left and moved on? All those ‘what if’ were suffocating her and now she was thinking whether she should just accept his proposal and marry him. Jieun was torn between him and her family, which was the reason why she didn’t call him at all. She was afraid that she will choose him over her family if she spent more time with him. Even listening to his voice was a dangerous thing to do. As much as she wanted to stay with him, she couldn’t afford to upset her father.

 

Watching the troubled look on her face, Myungsoo wrapped his arms around her, trying to make her feel better. Wrong move. Jieun started to sob as she felt the warmth of his body came into contact with her body. How was she supposed to be firm with her decision if he kept driving her crazy like this?

 

“Shussh Jieun. Don’t cry okay. I was wrong and I’m sorry.”

 

Myungsoo tried to console, rubbing her back in a circular motion. And it only made Jieun cried more.

 

“Myungsoo...Kim Myungsoo...Myungie...”

 

She sobbed as she called him repeatedly, wrapping her arms around him tightly. She was scared to let him go and he understood her. He smiled, hugging her tighter. 

 

“Jieun...Lee Jieun........MIDGET...”

 

He joked around, trying to lighten the mood. He knew Jieun can continue to cry for hours if he let her stayed in that depressing mood.

 

“Yah!”

 

Jieun hit his back lightly as she tried to pull away but Myungsoo locked her in his arms, hugging her tighter and Jieun stopped to try as she relaxed in his arms. They were enveloped in a comfortable silence as they were busy inhaling each other’s scents and feeling their hearts beating rapidly against each other.

 

“Hey Jieun.”

 

Myungsoo was first to break the silence.

 

“Umm”

 

Jieun hummed in return.

 

“You know I err I-I ugh darn it, why is it so hard? err I-I mean y-you...my f-feeling umm us...how to say this I-I----”

 

Myungsoo struggled with his words as Jieun giggled. She knew what he was trying to say. And she knew it wasn’t easy for him to say it so boldly. Being a cheesy and romantic guy wasn’t his nature and she loved him for that.

 

“Our feelings are mutual Myungsoo.”

 

She confessed before Myungsoo was able to finish his words. He will take forever just to finish that one sentence, so should be the bold one and finished it for him.

 

Myungsoo heaved a sigh of relief as he stared down at her crimson red face. He was about to pull her in for a kiss when he remembered that he still had an important thing to say. He reluctantly pulled her away as he placed his hands on her shoulders, making her looked at him. He took a deep breath as he lightly squeezed her shoulders. ‘Say it Myungsoo, it was now or never’, he thought.

 

“Jieun. Because it’s you...I will wait for you, even if it takes forever, I will patiently wait. You don’t have to be worried about me, I will be fine. And don’t cry because of me anymore, live your life happily because I will be happy only when you are happy. So.......”

 

He paused, looking into her eyes as he sent her a smile. Jieun bit her lips, trying to hold back her tears. She knew what he was trying to say...She knew him all too well.

 

“So...I’m letting you go. I was so selfish for making you choose between me and your family. I know how hard it is for you. You can stop worrying now because I will always be here, waiting for you. So Jieun...just go without any worry okay.”

 

“Myungie......”

 

Jieun broke into tears again as she hugged him again. Myungsoo can only smile looking at her reaction. He knew she cried because she was happy and relieved.

 

“Yah crybaby, stop crying. It’s not that this is the end for both of us. You better remember that you are engaged now since you already accepted my ring. Don’t look at other guys or else I will haunt you down.”

 

He playfully knocked her head as Jieun giggled, wiping her tears away. Oh yes, she was so happy as she stared at the black ring on her finger.  She never took it away even though it didn’t fit her finger.

 

“It was ugly though.”

 

Jieun suddenly said as she examined the ring closely. It was black, dull and quite big for her finger but she didn’t know why she kinda liked it. Maybe because the ring reminded her of Myungsoo.

 

“You should be thankful I gave you that. It is my favorite ring okay.”

 

“Your taste is weird as always.Weirdo.”

 

Jieun mocked as Myungsoo quickly pulled away from her, glaring at her playfully.

 

“Oh really? But you enjoy kissing this weirdo last week.”

 

Myungsoo smirked at he saw her turned red again. How he loved to see her like that.

 

“W-Whatever weirdo.”

 

Jieun tried to look away as she remembered their mind blowing kiss last week and it made her felt hot all of a sudden. Darn it this guy, always making her feeling like that.

 

Myungsoo suddenly inched closer to her, making her to back away until she hit her bed and fell on top of it, dragging Myungsoo with her. For a few seconds, they were looking into each other eyes before their gazes moved down, fixated on their lips. Myungsoo slowly moved his head down and captured her lips with his own as Jieun immediately responded to him. The kiss was long yet slow, gentle and sweet. They didn’t rush things and enjoy the moment. It was a moment to remember forever.

 

When they finally pulled away, they smiled sweetly at each other. Myungsoo moved his head down again to kiss her cheeks and forehead before he looked down at her eyes again.

 

“You know what? I want you to learn something in France.”

 

Myungsoo wriggled his eyebrows as he naughtily looked at her. Jieun frowned.

 

“W-What?”

 

She stuttered, looking at his playful reaction, she knew it won’t be something good for her.

 

“French kiss! Observe how people do it there and maybe we can practice it later.”

 

“Yah ert! Never in a million years. You’re so dirty minded. That’s why I told you to stop reading and watching those rated materials.”

 

“I am a guy okay, it’s normal.”

 

“No, you are being a ert.”

 

“Hey I’m not okay.”

 

“Yes you are. Kim Myungsoo is a ert!”

 

“If I’m a ert, you will be so dead by now.”

 

“Yeah try me and I will give you a kick on your face.”

 

“So, you’re telling me to try, as in now?”

 

“YAHHHHHH!!!!”

 

 


 

TWO YEARS LATER

 


 

 

PARIS, FRANCE.

 

“See you in next class Jieun.”

 

“Sure.”

 

A blonde Caucasian lady bade her goodbye as Jieun waved at her, smiling at her classmate. As they parted way, Jieun made her way through the hallway, holding her books in her arms. She stopped in front of a shady tree near her faculty, staring at the pink flowers blossoming prettily on the tree. It wasn't a cherry blossom tree but it was just as pretty.

 

“Ah it’s already summer.”

 

She muttered as a pretty smile crept to her lips. It had been two years. She fiddled with her ‘engagement ring’ that was hanging on her chest. Yeah she turned that black ring into a locket since it was too loose on her finger, she was afraid that she might lose it somewhere if she put it on her finger. It was a gift from him, she can’t afford to lose it. 

 

The ring, the pretty pink flowers, summer...it all reminded her of him. She missed him so much, she thought she could die. She remembered the day he sent her away at the airport two years ago. He kept smiling at her, ensuring her that he was okay but she knew he wasn’t. He just didn’t want to make her cried by pretending that he was all happy and okay with the fact that she was leaving him. He saw the sad look in his eyes despite all his façade. He said that he wanted to send her off coolly and he really did, even though he was just pretending.

 

“Take care and remember to learn that ‘French kiss’ eh?

 

He even joked around and sneaked a kiss when their parents weren’t looking, earning a slap from her. She badly wanted to cry but looking at his face and how hard it was for him, she knew she can’t break down in front of him. She remembered his bitter smile when she was about to enter the departure hall and she forced herself to smile back. It was a temporary goodbye and they ended it with a smile.

 

It was so hard living without him at first. She didn’t realize how much she was attached to him, to the point that she found it hard to even smile without him by her side. She was lucky that her family was around and they were the reason why she braced herself and learned to adapt to her new environment. She met new people, new friends and new best friends but never once did she forget about him. He will always be the most important one.

 

She never lost contact with Myungsoo. That guy kept calling her through video call almost everyday. If it wasn’t him, she was the one who called him first. They were always like that, it became a habit. Their relationship didn’t change much after their ‘indirect confession’. They still bickered like kids, even through the phone, video calls or messages. It will be weird and awkward for them to suddenly change into a lovey dovey couple after all. They were used to act like friends and they were comfortable with that.

 

“You know what I-I...kinda....er m-miss you.

 

He tried to say that once when they were talking on the phone...and Jieun tried not to ruin the mood.

 

“Umm m-me too.

 

There was an awkward silence after that and it was funny. A minute later, Jieun finally burst into laughter, followed by Myungsoo  a second later.

 

“You know what, let’s not do that again. I’m having goosebumps now.

 

“Yeah right. I thought you want me to be a little romantic. But yeah at least I tried okay.

 

“Myungsoo, you don’t need to. I know you’re not that kind of guy and I’m totally fine with that.

 

“Glad to know that Jieun.

 

Jieun smiled at the memories. Hey, her Myungsoo was a romantic guy okay, at least for her. She remembered him proposing and kissing her under a cherry blossom tree. Even though it was random and ridiculous, she found that memories so romantic and she will remember that moment all her life.

 

Jieun finally stopped smiling like an idiot when her phone rang. She fished out her phone from her bag and she immediately smiled as she looked at the caller ID, ‘My fiancée’. It was him...

 

“Myungie...”

 

 

 


 

 

 

SEOUL, KOREA.

 

“Dude, great game today.”

 

A tall guy patted Myungsoo's shoulder as he wiped the sweat away from his forehead. He just finished playing basketball with his group of friends. He smiled at the tall guy as he playfully bumped his fist with that guy’s fist, making a brotherly contact.

 

“Thanks dude.”

 

He bade goodbye to his friends before he made his move towards a familiar cute Poodle, loyally waiting for him at the bleacher.

 

“Buddy, let’s go.” 

 

Upon hearing Myungsoo’s voice, the smart dog immediately stood up as he barked, greeting his new owner for two years. Myungsoo smiled at the dog as he adoringly patted that dog’s head.

 

“Smart myungmyung. Come on, we need to go.”

 

Myungsoo pulled the dog’s leash as he urged myungmyung to start moving. Myungmyung started moving as he led the way. Myungsoo quietly followed him from behind, holding tightly to the leash. Being his owner for two years, Myungsoo knew myungmyung tend to run away when he was excited about something. So, Myungsoo needed to make sure that he held the leash tightly.

 

Why myungmyung was there with him?

 

Well, Jieun purposely left that dog behind when she moved, asking Myungsoo to take a good care of it. She said myungmyung can be his new friend when she wasn’t there for him anymore. Myungsoo knew she was afraid that Myungsoo would be lonely without her. That was why she left her precious myungmyung to stay with him. He appreciated her effort and sacrifice even though myungmyung was such a nuisance to him at first. He didn’t like dogs to begin with and it burdened him to suddenly learn about how to take care of a dog but he tried his best to be a good owner since Jieun loved the dog so much. It will be the end of him if something bad happened to myungmyung. Heck, Jieun will strangle him to death. After two years, he had to admit that it was good to have myungmyung by his side. That dog reminded him so much about Jieun. He will be happy just by looking at that dog.

 

Myungsoo stopped in his track as he passed by a park and myungmyung immediately stopped as well. It was the same park where he proposed to her and the same place where they first shared a kiss together. He stared at the cherry blossom trees , the flowers were already in full blossom. The whole place was surrounded by pretty pink color. It was so pretty, just the way she liked it and he wished she was there with him at the moment.

 

He smiled as he thought about her. He missed her so damn much. The love of his life, Jieun. It was unbearable to live without her. He almost felt into depression for first few weeks without her by his side. He was lucky that his parents were there for him and he started to learn how it felt to have a family again. And it felt good. He started to open up to more people, having new acquaintances, friends and best friends but he can never forget her. She will always be the one he loved the most.

 

He made sure that he heard her voice everyday, calling her whenever he felt like doing so. She almost got mad at him one day for bothering her at wrong hour. He always forgot about the time difference between Korea and France but none of it matters as long as he can hear her voice. Even when she was being grumpy, he knew she will end up talking to him for hours.

 

“Kim Myungsoo! Do you have any idea what time is it now?

 

“Um...10am?

 

“Gosh Myungsoo, that’s the current time in Korea. It’s freaking 3am here!

 

“Oh really? Haha I forgot about that again. I’m sorry, you can continue your sleep. I will call you again later.

 

He was about to hang up when she stopped him.

 

“W-Wait...Just talk. You already ruined my sleep anyway.

 

“Jieun, just go to sleep. I don’t want you to be tired.

 

“I’m okay, really.

 

And they talked and childishly bickered about trivial things like usual, about myungmyung, their families and friends until Myungsoo heard her soft snore on the other end of the phone. She was finally asleep again and Myungsoo listened to her for a while before he finally hung up with a smile on his face.

 

Myungsoo chuckled at the thought. Jieun was always like that. He suddenly felt the need to listen to her voice at that instant. He pulled out the phone from his pocket, checking the time to make sure that it was okay to call her now. After two years, he already knew the right timing to call her. And he knew she had finished her class by now. He glanced at her contact name, ‘My Bride’ and he smiled as he tapped the ‘Call’ button.

 

“Midget...what are you doing?”

 

 

 


 

 

 

PARIS, FRANCE.

 

It was summer break and Jieun was planning to spend her time sleeping at home when Myungsoo called her early in the morning, asking her to complete a ridiculous mission.

 

“Seriously Myungsoo? Why do you want me to go to Eiffel Tower all of a sudden?”

 

Jieun was confused by his sudden request.

 

“Jieun, I told you that I want to see it. Go there and make a live footage for me...now!”

 

As ridiculous as it may sound, Myungsoo had a mission and he needed Jieun to complete it.

 

“Oh gosh you’re so ridiculous as always.”

 

“Jieun...pleaseeee, with cherry on top?”

 

Jieun almost shivered hearing his cutesy voice. This guy was really out of his mind. Being random was his nature.

 

“Shessh fine! You owe me Kim Myungsoo.”

 

She still listened to him anyway.

 

“Yay that’s my Jieun.”

 

Myungsoo cheered over the phone. His plan seemed to work perfectly fine.

 

“Did I just hear you say MY Jieun?”

 

Jieun suddenly teased, effectively making the guy flushed. He knew she can’t see him but he was still embarrassed.

 

“Ok bye.”

 

He quickly hung up as Jieun giggled at his reaction. Ever since they confessed their feelings to each other, it was always easy for her to . He will get all flustered and his reaction will be so obvious especially if they were on video calls. Oh how she loved to see that side of him.

 

Jieun huffed as she made her way into the bathroom. As much as she hated to go anywhere today, she already said yes to him. That guy will throw a tantrum if she didn’t go there and make a live footage for him. ‘Weirdo, why Eiffel Tower all of a sudden?’, she thought.

 

It took two hours for Jieun to get ready and drive to the Eiffel Tower and Myungsoo had been calling her three times, forcing her to be quick. Jieun scoffed, can’t he just patiently wait for a while? That Eiffel Tower can wait. She called him when she finally reached there.

 

“Myungsoo, I’m here. I’m recording it right now. Can you see?”

 

Jieun talked through the video call as she focused the lens on the Eiffel Tower, hoping that Myungsoo can see it clearly.

 

“See, that’s Eiffel Tower. Happy now?”

 

“Jieun, look at your phone screen.”

 

Jieun was busy recording when Myungsoo asked her to look at her phone screen. She stopped recording the Eiffel Tower as she stared at the screen. Myungsoo seemed to record something as he focused the lens on the bright clear sky...

 

“Hey, what are you recording?”

 

She asked curiously, still staring at her phone screen. Myungsoo didn’t say anything but then he slowly moved the lens to a big building and he purposely shook his phone to make the image looked blurred...

 

“T-That look familiar”

 

Jieun stuttered, that building looked awfully familiar to her. And when Myungsoo finally stopped shaking his phone and focused the lens back on that building...Jieun gasped.

 

“M-Myungsoo, where are you?”

 

She asked desperately. She hoped what she thought was true...But it was too good to be true.

 

Myungsoo still didn’t answer her, instead he moved his phone lens to a familiar figure. A girl was standing in front of a tower with her back facing him.

 

Jieun almost choked looking at that image...wasn’t that------

 

“Turn around.”

 

Myungsoo finally said after a while.

 

For a second, Jieun was in doubt. Was he really...here? She slowly turned around, hoping that it was true. As soon as she turned, she was greeted by a boyish grin belonged to...him.

 

“Bonjour.”

 

He waved at her.

 

“Kim Myungsoo?”

 

She asked in disbelief.

 

“Duh yeah it’s me.”

 

“But how? no, why? no, when? wait-----”

 

Myungsoo chuckled upon looking at her reaction. Was she that surprised?

 

“Shouldn’t you give your fiancée a hug or something? Stop being confused. I’m here and I’m real okay.”

 

Myungsoo walked towards her. He knew she will freeze there for a long time if he didn’t do anything to convince her that he was real. To be honest, yeah he planned it all from the beginning. He missed her so much and he knew she also felt the same. Instead of waiting for her, might as well go to see her. He pulled her into a warm hug when he was close enough to her.

 

“Are you really Myungsoo?”

 

Jieun innocently asked. She still can’t believe that he was there, in front of her. They didn’t see each other face to face for two years and now it surprised her to see him by her side again. He even looked a bit different now. He looked more lively and boyish. He didn’t even wear black clothing from head to toe anymore. Not that she was complaining though. She loved his new look. Not that she hated his old look either, he was hot back then. He was still hot now but more...lively.

 

“Silly midget, of course it’s me. You don’t recognize your own fiancée? I’m hurt.”

 

“N-No, I just can’t believe it. You’re here, in front of me.”

 

“Hey, you sound like you don’t want to see me here. Maybe I should just go back now.”

 

Myungsoo pretended to sulk as Jieun giggled. She immediately wrapped her arms around him, stopping him from pulling away from her. Yeah, he was indeed her Myungsoo. No doubt.

 

“Shessh I’m sorry okay. Don’t be so butthurt about it.”

 

“You better be sorry. I work so hard for this surprise you know. I even waited for you for three hours here.”

 

“You did?”

 

“Yeah...you took so long to come here and I was still suffering from jetlags you know.”

 

“It’s your fault that you didn’t tell me that you’re coming earlier.”

 

“Yah this is called a surprise for a reason. Be thankful at least.”

 

“Fine. I’m so touched and thank you for this surprise. Happy?”

 

She looked up at him as he stared down at her and they started looking into each other’s eyes. They were apart for two years and it felt like forever. Now that they finally met again, they can’t get enough of each other. Myungsoo started to caress her cheeks as she melted under his touch. She smiled sweetly at him and he did the same. Being caught up in the moment, Myungsoo bent down to feel her lips on his again. It had been too long since the last one but the moment their lips were connected, it felt all too familiar again. Their fast beating heartbeats, crimson red faces, addictive scents and all the little things about them. They were finally together again.

 

They pulled away when they felt the need to inhale some air. Myungsoo stared at her crimson red face and that was when he noticed his black ring hanging on her neck.

 

“You still have it.”

 

He said as he stared at that ring.

 

“Oh this ring? Of course, it’s my ‘engagement’ ring.”

 

Jieun smiled as she played with that ring, pulling it up so that Myungsoo can take a closer look at it.

 

“Well, keep it there, close to your heart.”

 

He said as she nodded obediently.

 

“I have a new one for you though...”

 

Myungsoo continued as he fished out something from his pocket and then he slipped it on her ring finger and it fitted perfectly on her finger, unlike the first time he did that. It was a very pretty ring.

 

“M-Myungsoo it’s so pretty. You don’t have to do this though.”

 

“I told you that I will buy you a new one last time.”

 

Jieun was touched as she examined the ring. It’s simple yet elegant, just the way she liked it. He really knew her taste.

 

“So, let’s get married.”

 

Myungsoo blurted out all of a sudden as Jieun gaped at him. A proposal again? Seriously?

 

Myungsoo chuckled at her reaction. She was obviously shocked and it amused him.

 

“I mean...let’s get married later. Whenever is fine, it’s up to you. I will wait.”

 

He placed his arms around her neck, looking deep into her eyes. Yes, he sincerely said that. He was ready to get married, even now was fine. He was just waiting for her to say yes. It was all up to her. No matter how long it took for her to be ready, he will wait.

 

“Thank you Myungsoo, for willing to wait...”

 

Jieun was deeply touched. She knew how lucky she was to have a guy like him as her lover. He was so sincere and thoughtful. He was even willing to sacrifice for her. Jieun felt like the luckiest girl in the whole universe. Words can’t describe how much she loved him.

 

Sensing her familiar about-to-cry-soon tone, Myungsoo decided to divert the subject. As much as he was glad that she was touched by his efforts, he didn’t want to see her crying on this supposed to be meaningful day. It hurt him to see her cried anyway.

 

“Hey, did you learn it?”

 

He randomly asked, ruining her touchy mood.

 

“Learn what?”

 

Jieun blinked at him. She knew he was being random again.

 

“Learn that.”

 

He pursued his lips towards a couple standing not far away from them. Well, they were busy eating each other’s lips, with a lot of tongue movements involved. Jieun immediately flushed. She was used to see that kind of excessive PDA since she lived in the infamous ‘romantic city’ where everyone were being open minded about it but witnessing that live in front her, with the guy she loved by her side, was still something foreign to her. Hell, she bet Myungsoo was shocked to see that but he pretended to remain cool about it.

 

“Don’t stare at them, it’s rude!”

 

Jieun hissed as she covered Myungsoo’s eyes from staring for too long, his eyes were about to pop out of its socket. Tsk...guys...

 

“Why don’t we try that? Since we are here, might as well try that infamous French kiss.”

 

He removed her hands away, locking them in his grip as he playfully smirked at her. Man, Jieun looked so red, it amused him so much. He stared at her face as she tried so hard avoiding his eyes. She was about to die in embarrassment right there and then.

 

“M-Myungsoo, s-stop joking around. T-This is not f-funny okay.”

 

“And do I look like I’m joking? I’m dead serious Jieun.”

 

“Oh gosh this is so embarrassing!”

 

Jieun accidently blurted that out loud. She immediately shut as she realized that she expressed her thought out loud. She turned even redder as she avoided Myungsoo’s gaze at all costs. Myungsoo, who was busy staring at her the whole time swiftly cupped her face and claimed her lips again. He was only trying to tease but the way she reacted was such a devilish temptation. And Myungsoo could only fall into it, like he always did.

 

People always used the word ‘forever’ to emphasize their points and make them sounded more convincing. ‘I hate you forever’ ‘I love you forever’ ‘Let’s be together forever’ and many other forever. But...forever has an expiry date...you can only enjoy, hate or believe in it while it lasts. After the expiry date, you need to decide whether you still wanted to keep it or leave it.

 

Just like these two. They thought they will hate each other forever but that forever seemed to expire in middle school. They thought they can stay as best friends forever but that forever seemed to expire in high school and they ended up being lovers. They thought they can be together forever but that forever also seemed to expire and they finally had to separate. However, when their forever expired, the love didn’t stop along with other forever as they both decided to keep that feeling strong. And as long as they kept the feeling strong, even the expiry date of forever can’t stop them.

 

Now, back to the two lovebirds...

 

“M-Myungsoo stop.”

 

“Ugh Jieun why?”

 

“We are in public.”

 

“Fine. Let’s continue that later. You were good though. Did you practice it?”

 

“YAH!!!”

 

Yeah they were still going strong and they will only get stronger.

 

 

 

 

 

THE END

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Chapter Finale...posted!

Okay you guys can chillax now...no on dying okay haha

I know life is depressing enough, so I won't turn this story into a depressing one lol

Please give me lotz of love by commenting okay...

I hope you guys enjoy this because I have fun writing^_^

And hey, let's watch IU new drama with Jang Geun Suk...'Pretty Man' aka 'Bel Ami' <3

 

See you guys again....muahhhhh <3