Chapter 2

Protect Me

 

 

 

The sound of birds chirping and the Oppas' voices woke me up. I sit up to notice they left me some clothes to put on. Getting up, I picked up the clothes and started the shower.

All clean, I walk out my room to see the Oppas fighting over what to watch. I shyly take a seat near them, being quiet hoping they wouldn't see me. The noise stopped and they all looked at me. I played with my hoodie selves in the uncomfortable silence. "Good Morning Kiseon". Sungjong oppa shifted his spot to sit next to me.

"Good morning Oppa". I barely taked audible not taking my eyes off the floor. I could feel their stares but didn't look up. "Oh come on Kiseon, open up. Stop being so shy". Woohyun oppa tilts my my chin up so he could look at me. He winked playfully like a brother would. I slowly smiled.

"There's that smile!". Sunggyu oppa pats my head. I stared at the tv, "What are we watching?". I turn my attention back to the oppadueks feeling as if they were reading my lips.

"Oh nothing, we couldn't really agree on ayny thing. Actually we wanted  to take you out today, since you're part of the family now, we wanted you to be more comfortable around us", Sunggyu oppa says to me.

When Sunggyu oppa moved over to a different spot I saw Myungsoo oppa standing there staring at me. It seems he's always standing. We gazed at each other for a while until his lazer beams became warm and soft. It's definitely confirmed, I like this Oppa. Us still staring, got interrupted by Sungjong oppa. "Kiseon, I'm talking to you ..... are you listening?".

"Oh... sorry Oppa, what were you saying?". He looks at me with this weird grin on his face and continued what he was talking about.

"I said would you like to go shopping today or wait next week?".

I think about it, do I want them to spend money on me? It would be easier if we do it now then I won't feel bad. "Uhh, sure Sungjong oppa we can go today, when are we leaving?".

Nobody had said anything for a few minutes, until Myungsoo oppa opened his mouth. "We can leave now, go and put your shoes on". I did as I was told and waited for the rest. While standing I felt the intense pain in my legs but decided to keep my mouth shut.

"C'mon Kiseon~ah!". Dongwoo grabbed my hand and dragged me behind him. I could've sworn I saw Myungsoo oppa glare at Dongwoo oppa's hand.

As soon as we aboard the van they borrowed I dazed off into my own world. Am I really safe? Is Appa coming after me? Maybe I shouldn't have ran away, I didn't want to disappoint Umma. Just thinking about Appa makes me tremble. I hope these Oppas protect me well. I don't ever want to go back to those daily beatings.

I take a glance to the right of me and notice that Myungsoo oppa was the only one sitting next to me. I began to be cautious, I folded my hands in my lap trying to rid the nervousness.He turns his head towards me and smiles making my heart beat faster with chills running down my spine. Just in time Dongwoo oppa, who was driving, announced that we arrived.

"Asa!!! We're here, Kiseon~ah have you ever been to Myeongdong? It's like the second best place to shop .. in my opinion". As I stepped out of the van Sungjong oppa popped out of nowhere nearly making me fall on the concrete. 

"Aniyo".

Answering his question all the oppas stared at me speechless, "You've never been to Myeongdong? Kiseon~ah I knew your Appa was bad but he never let you go outside or anything? That's just being plain evil". Sungyeol oppa walked up next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder guiding me to the heart of this oh so special place Sungjong oppa said.

"Stay close, this place can really get crowded". Sungyeol oppa held me tighter as the others formed a restricting circle around us so I wouldn't drift away.

Oppa was right it did get really crowded, there was people continously showing up everywhere. So this is what a shopping center looks like? I've heard things about it from Dohwi, my life long friend, but I never knew it was this fantastic. My eyes wondered around, the stores catching my interest. Excitement came over me as we reached a shoe store.

"Oppa Oppa Oppa!!! Can we go in that store plllleeeaasseeeeeee!!". I hop up and down pulling on Sungyeol Oppa's arm resulting him and the others to be surprised beyond the max by my behavior. They shared smiles, having a mental conversation between them.

"Of course Kiseon~ah, something that makes you this excited should definitely be bought let's go in". Woohyun oppa lightly pushed me towards the entrance as I scram around looking at all the shoes I could never have, let alone actually stare at them in person. While exploring I spot these pink high-top Converse, my eyes go wide as I reach out for them. I turn around to see if the oppas were close by but only Myungsoo oppa was there.

"Ummm Myungsoo oppa, can I have these shoes?". I run up to him putting the Converse in his face without looking at him. I sneak a peek at him and he smirks a little, his eyes beaming. I slowly lifted my head up and pouted to give more persuasion. He chuckles a bit, takes the sneakers out of my hand and pats my head. He walks away, does that mean he's getting them for me?

I race after him, "Does that mean Oppa is buying them for me?". He turns around with the same smile that makes me heart get caught in my throat.

"Of course Kiseon~ah, we are here to get you new things after all". He calls out a person who works here and pays for it.

The salesperson gave him the bag then he grabs my hand and walks out the store met by the others. So they were out here the whole time? "Yah, why did you leave me alone?". They only laughed and patted my head, something they always do.

"You'll thank us later Hun". Sungjong oppa pinched my cheeks and wink at me with a weird smirk. 

"Oppa do you get what they're saying?". I give my attention to Myungsoo Oppa, who I was still holding hands with. He gives me a clueless look and shrugs his shoulder.

"Molla".