Chapter 1

Protect Me

Is running away from pain wrong? I've been trying to runaway my whole life, but it's about time I really runaway. But what is that pain I'm running away from?

 

"Hong Kiseon! Don't you dare runaway from me!". My Appa, she started to abuse at the age of three, when my Umma died. I tried to stay with my Appa just for Umma but after awhile I just couldn't take it anymore.

 

"NO! I'm done getting hurt by you!". I picked up my speed, running down the shadowed sidewalk. Finally I couldn't hear his screams, I turn around and his scarey figure was gone. I continued to run but I bumbed into someone. I looked up to see a pair of eyes. "You should watch where you're going". His hands were on my shoulder, his eyes were staring intensely into mine. Being in a trance I didn't know he had friends behind him.

 

"HONG KISEON!". My eyes go wide and my breathing quickens at the voice. Suddenly my legs felt heavy and my heart was caught up in my throat. "Umm, excuse me? Kiseon is that right?". I lok back into his eyes, he seems like a person I could trust. Tears trickle down my cheeks. "Please take me away, that man is trying to hurt me". I could hear his footsteps in the background. He was coming closer, he was going to take me away and beat me to death.

 

I didn't notice before but the boy held tighter onto me, the fear that was building up inside of me was too much. "Please, please hurry he'd going to take me away". That was the last thing I said before I passed out from a panic attack.

 

 

 

 

"What do you think she meant by he was going to take her away Sunggyu hyung?". I heard a male voice that peirced into the darkness. "I don't know Sungjong~ah".

 

"Is she going to wake up soon?", Another male voice. Who are these boys? Wher am I? "I think she's about to?". The bright light flutters before my eyes. Then suddenly a group of boys come to my vision. I glance at my surroundings, to see that I'm in some sort of apartment.

 

(Ignore the writing and Woohyun's handsome face)

 

"W-What happened?". I turn my attention back on the mysterious group of boys. They looked familiar... Kiseon where have you seen them? "You passed out in Myungsoo hyung's arms outside the apartment building, are you ok Kiseon? That is your name right? How old are you?". One of the boys come to confront me. I was in a daze until I remembered those eyes that took me off of Earth.

 

"My name is Hong Kiseon, I'm nineteen. I think I'm ok now, I just had a panic attack". I answered the boy's questions; I searched the boys to find the one I incountered earlier. I met his eyes that was already staring into mine. He shyly looked away, I continued to scan his sharp facial features. "Kiseon who was the Ajusshi you were running away from?". Afraid that they would catch me staring I answered their question.

 

"My Appa... h-he... ab-abus-abuses me". It was so difficult to get that sentence out. If they weren't already the boys stare at me with shock written all over their faces. "No... an Appa wouldn't do that to a daughter". The boy who interrogated me earlier said, I think his name was Sungjong, his voice was one of those I heard in the darkness.

 

To prove that my Appa abused me I showed them the scars that haunt my skin on my arms and back. Myungsoo oppa gawked over my scars, then frowned. "Why would he do that to you?". I fixed my gaze off into space. "I wasn't perfect... he would beat me senseless if someting didn't go his way. It's honestly frightening... one day he'll treat me like his little princess then I'm just his stress reliever".

 

"Then it's dangerous for you to go back then right?". I didn't move, at this point I don't want to think about going back to him.

 

"It's ok Kiseon, you can stay with us". One boy with small eyes came ovre and sat down next to me. "We haven't introduced ourselves yet have we? I'm Sunggyu, that's Sungjong, Woohyun, Dongwoo, Hoya, Sungyeol, and you already know Myungsoo". I listened to Sunggyu oppa as he pointed to each boy. They smile at me trying to ease the tension.

 

"Kiseon~ah it's okay you're safe now ease up...". Woohyun walks over and pats my shoulder for comfort. I smile a little, I can trust them. They perk up at my sudden attitude change. Myungsoo oppa stares at me with his cold eyes that seem to warm up my chest. "Can I have some water please?". I ask Sunggyu oppa looking up at him.

 

"Oh of course".

 

he gets up to leave, when he wasn't noticable Sungjong oppa takes his place next to me. "You're pretty, I'm going to make sure you have the best and prettiest clothes". He plays with my hair and smiles at me, I smile back without a choice. When Sungjong smiles his whole face beams. Sunggyu oppa comes back handing me the glass. "Thank you..". I take a sip.

 

"Kiseon sense you're staying with us, you can have the extra room". Dongwoo oppa points to a door down the hall. I nodded and thanked them but furrowed my brows after.

 

"What's the matter Kiseon?". They all sat in front of me watching my every move, Myungsoo oppa was the only one standing by the doorway. "I guess I didn't plan my runaway that well... I don't have any clothes". I sunk into the couch out of embaressment.

 

"You can barrow some of Sungjongie's clothes, then we can get you some real clothes". I acknowleged Hoya oppa's words but didn't reply. I tried to get up to go to the bathroom but ffelt a burning sensation in my legs. I wince and fel backwards into the couch. "What is it? What's wrong?". Sunggyu oppa panics and faces me.

 

I felt so bad for making them worry so much about me, they only met me about an hour ago. "Nothing, my legs sting that's all...". I didn't want so much attention on me. They all stare at me with a stern look. "Take your pants off". I blink at Sungjong oppa with disbelief and fright. Once he saw my expression he added, " Don't worry we're not going to do anything to you, you can put this blanket over you". Dongwoo oppa passed me the blanket along with a smile.

 

I put the blanket over me then took off my pants slowly, it hurt too much. While grimacing I heard the Oppaduels gasping, I quickly open my eyes. "Kiseon~ah did he really beat you that hard?". Sungyeol oppa gawked at my legs, I follwed his eyes and was shocked myself. I had bruises covering my thighs; open cuts and pinkened gashes. Then like all the other times I had eye contact with Myungsoo oppa, if his eyes could they would be saying 'what happened to you?'

 

"We need to put medicine on your legs so they won't scar, Woohyun go get the first aid kit". Sunggyu oppa orders still lurking over my permanent nightmare. Fast as lightning Woohyun oppa comes back. "This might hurt so I'm warning you..". Sunggyu oppa opens the lotion-like medicine and applied it to my rather beat up legs. The stinging was just too much for me to handle, tears began to trail down my cheeks. After awhile I wasn't even crying about the pain but the fact that my own Appa did this to me.

 

Suddenly I felt warmth fill my hand, I glance down to see a hand in mine. Following the arm up I see Myungsoo with saddened eyes. "Stop crying, you'll make your makeup run". He wipes away my tears with his free thumb. I up my last round of tears and stare into the eyes of my savior. For the first time his eyes were filled with sincerity besides coldness. There was a silence between the boys after Sunggyu oppa bandaged me up. "I'm tired..". A wave of dizzines came over me making my vision blurry.

 

Almost to the point of passing out again, the voice of Myungsoo kept me awake. "I'll take you to your room". He picked me up, bridal style, like I weighed nothingand walked to room leaving the other Oppaduels behind. "Thank you". He laid me down on the bed with the blanket still wrapped around me.  He was about to leave before he turned around. "My features may come off as if I don't care but I really do.. if anything is bothering you come to me and I mean it. Goodnight Kiseon~ah". He walks out the door. His voice... the way he said my name... I think I have a crush on my my Angel...