Chapter Five

The Instant Daddy

I stared at the small paper that was lying on my hand. A woman around my age gave me a mysterious paper, and told me to go to that place. I wanted to ignore the writings on the paper, but curiosity got me. On the small paper was a name of a familiar name, a phone number, and the place where the woman wanted me to go.

I stared blankly. I shouldn't go, considering someone unrelated to me gave a paper to me. Maybe they think I am stupid enough to be their victim of , murder, or whatsoever. I don't want to die yet, I have a son that I need to support and takes are of. He is too young and he depends on me. Something pushed me to go to that place. Something urged me to go to that place, and maybe it's important.

I let out a heavy sigh. I better get going. I went inside our house and got a pepper-spray. I bid goodbye to my son, and my mother who goes to our house every weekend. 

"I have to get going, Mom. Do you think you could handle my son's playfulness?" I asked worriedly. My son could be playful and uncontrollable sometimes. 

"Of course. You were as naughty as him." She jokingly said, and caressed his smooth face. I kissed them goodbye and went away. 

I flagged a taxi and told the driver the destination I want to go to. My heart pounded fast when the taxi stopped into my destination. I paid him and bowed at him. I looked at the paper for the nth time and sighed. It was a café for rich people. I know just by judging it. You could see the name of the café is written with pure gold and there were guards standing straightly with a riffle on each side of the I café. There is a huge red carpet that is laying on the ground. You could also see people from the inside that they are rich—very rich. Do they always have to wear formal clothing everywhere they go? And for sure their clothes are worth more than my life.

I sighed nervously. Who would want to meet up here with me? I looked at my piece of clothings. I am wearing a panda shirt and shorts to pair it up and Converse shoes that look very old. I fixed my hair quickly and went near the door.

"Excuse me, ma'am." The guard held the door shut. My stomach tied into knots due to nervousness. Will he say that I am not allowed to go inside since I don't look rich to them?

"Y-yes?" It took me a while to just say that word and for pete's sake, I stammered!

"Are you by chance, Seo Joohyun or Seohyun?" I nodded quickly. How did he know my name? Why would he know me?

"Follow me, ma'am." He opened the door for me and led the way. This place looks so familiar to me. It was a bad memory, and I want to forget it.

He led the way to a staircase and a sign on the wall caught my eye. It was written in gold and it said that it was only for VIPs.

"Umm... Excuse me, but I don't think VIP is not the right one for me." I bit my lips worriedly. He smiled soothingly.

"It's fine, ma'am. The person booked this for a reason." I nodded and after few more step, I was facing a door. I looked at him nervously, and he nodded.

He opened the door. "I assure you, the person who called you is a kind woman." 

I nodded and went inside. "Thank you." I muttered before he closed the door. 

I turned my back to the door nervously. A mysterious person sat with her back. It was surely a woman because of her hair up in a nest bun. She was wearing a pair of earrings and matching necklace which you'd know its expensive right away. 

I gulped nervously and cleared my throat. She didn't moved a muscle; she stayed like that. 

"Sit down." There was a tone on her voice that would make all your hair on your skin stand. It's so cold—if possible, colder than the coldest winter.

I took a seat in front of her, and a face of bewilderment was masked on me when I looked at her face. That same face, body, and voice. Her. 

She smiled, but the smile on her face wasn't genuine, it was one of those fake and evil smiles. Horrible flashbacks flashed before me. The memories that I thought I had forgot about. The memories I wanted to erase. It was all thoughts. I didn't forget about her. Moreover, her son.

The female in front of me is a person you don't want to mess with and disobey. Yes, it was Myungsoo's mother.

"Don't be so surprised, dear." She smirked evilly. 

"W-what do you need, Mrs. Kim?" I asked calmly. 

"I want you to leave my son. I don't want him to get involved to a poor person like you. A person that could not even match my son. He sure got a bad taste. I had been reported by my assistant that he got involved to a trashy person like you. I was fine at first, seeing he got no scars or whatever. But I heard your filthy name, and I decided to talk to you face to face."

"I don't want him to get involve to a person like you, again. Do you think someone rich and poor would match perfectly? A big fat no. Thus, you and my son are not match-made and you will bring disgrace to our family. If you really love my son, you would leave and let him find someone who match him well." 

I was burning with fire. What she said was too much. I calmed myself down. Tears started to build up, but I tried my best to not cry. 

"I didn't know we would meet. I didn't know he is studying in that prestigious school. I got a scholarship from that school, and I could turn down the big offer. It was not really in my mind to come back for him. I want to graduate in that school and have a great future w-with my....." 

"With your son, eh?" She continued.

"How did you know?" I asked worriedly. How did she know and what if she will do something that could harm my child?

"I saw your text message to my son saying you were pregnant, but sadly, you broke up. You gold digger . You had the baby because you think you would have a share of our wealth, but sadly, you didn't.... What a ." She said sharply and I gasped silently to myself. Sharp words that were longed to free from was finally released. A tear escaped from my left eye. All she said wasn't true. 

"If you're wondering why I know you two met, I hired a guard for him long time ago. I hired the guard without my son's consent, so he doesn't know someone is following him. I paid the school so they allowed it. And then boom, you came.

"He is a grown-up now, yet you hired someone to watch over him. Do you think he will be happy when he hear about this? From my memories, he begged you to give him his freedom." Her lips twitched into a smile, again.

"So you still remember that? When he begged me to give his freedom to date you and not having bodyguards around him since he said he couldn't do a thing freely by himself." 

I don't wanna remember those... Those kind of memories that shouldn't be remembered at all.

"So, how much money do you need to leave that school?" She said and pulled out a book of cheques.

I was beyond furious, but I have to calm myself. "I don't need any of those, and I won't leave college for your sake." I said angrily and walked out of the room even if it's rude to walk out when you're talking to an elder. But does she still need respect when she isn't respecting me? 

I heard her mumble something before I left the room, but unfortunately, I didn't got what she said.

"Beware then."

 

It's been awhile since I updated, eh? Sorry, I've been quite busy, just kidding, I've been really lazy. I hope you enjoyed this confusing chapter. You have to wait for future updates to understand the story betarrr. Unfold the mysteries, haha! I at writing stories, right? Haha. Anyways, I really hope you enjoyed this update and don't forget to comment and subscribe. I seriously need commenters, it's mah layf. <3 ciao then.