Chapter Three

The Instant Daddy

"Is something wrong, oppa?" I asked the guy in front of me who is pacing back and forth nervously.

"N-no, n-nothing's w-w-wrong, S-seohyun!" He flinched a bit, probably shocked because he is such in deep thoughts and I surprised him. 

"Are you sure, oppa?" He nodded with an unexplainable expression on his face.

"Everything's fine, Seohyun." I smiled worriedly, still unconvinced, but decided to not bother him anymore.

"Okay, just tell me if you need anything." He nodded and I walked to the living room, finding a cute little boy with his Mickey Mouse's jumper on. I smiled sweetly at him and called his name.

"Hyunsoo-ah~" I lovingly said, and opened my arms in bended knees. He looked at me for a second with his luring big round eyes and stood up and hugged me. How I love this child! I am blessed for having him as my child; he is my only strength and reason to live. 

"Mommy!" I chuckled at him. I ruffled his hair, and a smile was evident on my face. He would mot fail to make me smile. Why not? He is my son afterall. Yes, he is my son. I heard him sniff which made me cup his face and look at him. He is crying! I really hate it when he cries, I feel so sad when something is bothering my son. I hate it when he is suffering. I hate it. Seeing him cry makes me swell up in tears. I don't want him to feel hurt and unwanted because I experienced that already, and I don't want that to happen to my son.

I would do everything to make my son happy. Everything.

"Why are you crying, baby?" I quickly wiped the tear that slipped from my eye. I told you, seeing him sad makes me cry. I wiped his tears using my hand gently.

"I-I'm s-sorry, m-mommy." He said with his head bowed down, and he is fumbling his hands. You could tell a child is netvous when he fumbles with his hands and bites his fingers, and he stammers.

"Why are you sorry, baby?" I asked him softly, and wiped his tears again. My hand went down to hold his hands, reassuring him everything will be fine and I will forgive him.

"W-well, I-I kept t-the p-picture of d-daddy because I-I m-miss him. I-I k-know y-you a-are searching f-for d-daddy's picture e-everywhere. I-I k-kept it. Mianhe, umma." He stammered and removed my grasp and took something out of his pocket. He took a film-paper and showed me his picture.

On the picture is a young couple in-love; foolish love. They look so young and fresh —around fifteen and sixteen years of age. A girl that has a long silky hair, big round eyes, a pointy-nose, and a cherry lips have her arms wrap around the guy's waist. A guy with black hair that suits his face perfectly, a pair of luring eyes, and a red lips that people would die to have for, have his hands wrapped around the girl's shoulder. You can see from their faces that they were happy; happily inlove.

Tears fell from my eyes; it was a mix emotions of longing, sadness, anger, and joy. Yes, the couple on the picture was the young me, and young Kim Myungsoo. I traced my hands on his picture, a bitter smile was lit up on my face. I wiped my tears, and looked at the young boy in front of me. A young boy that resembles his father. He resembles him a lot more than I do. I hugged him tightly, but enough for him to breathe. 

"It's okay, Hyunsoo. Mommy is not mad because you kept it." I pat his back and he I felt he hugged me back. Again, tears fell from my eyes. You could see Hyunsoo is longing for his father, and I could see the sadness  on his eyes as he watches a father carrying his own child. I hate it when my child is suffering. I hate it when he is the one who suffers the most from this drama.

"Stop crying, mommy. You're making Hyunsoo sad." My son wiped my tears, and I smiled. I really love him. I swore I won't cry in front of my son, but  my emotions failed me.  I cried sadly.  Hyunsoo is really the only one who serves as my strength and reason to live.

"Mommy, can you tell me where is daddy, now?" A bitter smile was plastered on my face. I really want to avoid this question. Every time he will ask me to tell the story of how Myungsoo and I met, there would be no ending at our story. I don't want him to know he left us. I don't want him to think his father doesn't want him. I don't want my son to be sad. There would be a blank at our story —like a story that is forgotten. Sometimes I wonder if our story would have a happy ending.  But I think it's time to stop thinking of that, our story already finished when he left us. Our ending is a tragedy one; a bitter ending if you may add.

I just don't want my son to think his father ignored and left him. 

"Hyunsoo's daddy went abroad. He went abroad for Hyunsoo and he won't come back for a while, but daddy promised me he would buy marshmallows and peanut butter for Hyunsoo, and a lot of Mickey Mouse" I lied, and I hate it when I have to tell a lie to Hyunsoo for his own good.

And I hate covering for Myungsoo —simply because he is the father of Hyunsoo. I don't want Hyunsoo to grow up thinking his father is a bad guy. 

Sometimes people choose deceit and lies because they love that person too much.