Chapter 1

Beautiful Lies

Warning: May contain ual content and a string of curses!

 

(1) Incoming Message

From: BaoBao

I gave him your number. Please reply his texts and please text him every now and then. You're doing a huge favor for me, baby.

I love you x

 

I better get something good out of this, Minseok. I grunted, clearly the idea of going on a fake date with no other than the annoying Park Chanyeol is stupid and lethargic. Not only will I get tired from going out, I will also be tired of him. To be honest, I'm only doing this because Minseok did a solid for me. Now, he's turning that solid against me. Sometimes, I can't believe how I got together with this like I keep on asking (more like interally screaming) myself, "what do you see in him?!

 

Draft New Message

To: BaoBao

Fine but I will not like it and you know this well. Therefore, I would only accept icecream dates and movie nights as payment. Do we have a deal here?

 

(1) Incoming Message

From: BaoBao

HAH I can read you like a book, my love. I knew you'd say that. Therefore, here's my answer to your proposal; yes. I'll see you on Friday night at your house.

 

Wonderful. At least, there's something to look forward to eventhough today is Monday. God, tell me why did I agree on this. I banged my head gently on the dry wall. I sighed, I love Minseok. He's a wonderful guy and we've been together for almost five years now. His best friend, on the other hand, is a lethargic piece of who does nothing but to annoy me. It's like as if it's his lifetime mission to bug me. I looked at the watch on my right wrist, it's already 6.45PM. I cursed under my breath. Minseok already arranged a dinner date tonight but it's not for the two of us. That would be a blessing right now if I'd have to be honest. It's a dinner date for me and this Chanyeol guy. I had already lost my count on how many times have I cursed Minseok for this idea. I grunted, marching dreadfully to the bathroom for a quick shower. Since Minseok picked a posh restaurant for dinner, I should wear something elegant. At least, that's what I had in mind. Might I add, this dinner is an all expense paid by yours truly. Therefore, I will eat as much as I can.

"Good luck with the bill, baby." I cackled, cracking up a smirk like the petty I am. But... when I think about it, he wouldn't mind paying for it since he's a rich kid anyways. For him, a dinner at the restaurant is like eating a cup of ramen at K-Mart. I shook my head, "Damn it, I didn't think this through." I'm not talking about the petty scheme I had earlier, I was thinking about this whole plan. How did I even agreed to be a pawn in his plan?

 

Flashback

"Baby girl?" Minseok began, approaching me from behind, kissing my neck and my back. I stopped in my track, enjoying the little kisses he gave. I smirked, I know what you want, baby. I turned around to face him. I carressed his face, he closed his eyes and leaned in onto my hand as I do so. I brought him closer to me and started to plant little kisses too, starting from his forehead, moving onto the tip of his nose, then his two cheeks and finally, I settled my lips on his.

"Yes baby?" I breathed out, breaking the intense kiss. He bites my lip, looking at me seductively.

"I need you..." He whispered into my ears. That's right, baby. Say the word and I'm all yours, "to do me a small favor." OK, that's not what I was expecting. I pushed him away to look at him, to stare at him in the eyes, hoping I could convey my "are you ing kidding me?" expression.

"I knew it was something else, you wouldn't do all this touchy feely in broad daylight plus we're at the office too," I scoffed, shuffling the stack of papers in my hand that needs to be sorted, "alright Minseok, spill." I snapped my fingers with a hint of icyness in my tone. He giggled. God damn it, even his giggle is cute. I cracked a small smile. He slicked his hair back, his expression turned grim. He came to join me on leaning back against his desk, holding my hand in his.

"From the moment I met you, I knew you're a strong, independent woman ever since you walked into my office for the interview. You blew my mind with each and every one of your answers to my questions and I thought to myself, this woman can handle everything." He confessed. He looked at me intensely in the eyes. I could sense genuity laced his words, "I love you, Jura and I really mean it but I need you to do me a favor. I need you to date my best friend for me and that's an order." He finally blurted out. I was about to rage. He had the courage AND the audacity to "sell" me off. I wanted to be storm out at that moment but he restrained me.

"I know, I'm sorry. You have every single reason to be mad at me but please, baby girl, do it for me?" He begged, there's desperation in his voice now, "I'm worried about him. He just broke up with his girlfriend and ever since then, he's been drinking and partying non stop. His body is literally begging him to stop right now." He continued, sadness filled his hazel brown eyes. God, what do I ever do to deserve this man? He loves and he cares about the people around him. Honey, you have every right reason to pity him but you execute your feelings poorly. I reached out to him, I carressed his face again. He held my hand, his hands are warm against mine. I sighed heavily.

"Alright, I'll do it. For you." I surrendered. Minseok light up instantly and he pulled me into a hug.

"That's my girl," He carressed my back and I loved it. I feel weak beneath his touch, like I always do, "He won't know about you, my love, so that'll make it easier for you to work on him, like a clean slate." He continued. I didn't care for another word from his mouth as I was engulfed in the warmth of the embrace. 

(Minseok) My plan is working so far, I smirked.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey! it's me, the author.

Hope you'll enjoy reading this chapter, the beginning of all things.

There are so many things that is still in consideration for this story and so many ideas.

But until then, I'll continue working on the next chapter! Bye for now! (maybeconsidersubscribingorjustcommentingguysthanks!)