Chapter 2

Beautiful Lies

Warning: Excessive usage of bad words ahead!

Draft New Message

To: Park Chanyeol

Good evening, Mr. Park. This is Lee Jura, Mr. Kim's assistant. I was told to meet you at the Dragon Dynasty restaurant which is, by the way, near your office and I was wondering if you're still coming? Please, let me know. Thank you.

 

I glanced at my wrist watch, it's almost 9PM. I pondered upon the text message I sent earlier. Was it a bit too harsh? Was it a bit too sarcastic? What if the guy got a bad vibe from the text and decided to not to come at all. Afterall, he doesn't know me and he hasn't met me yet. I'd be feeling weird too if I received the message, considering how much of a sensitive I can be. I sighed. Don't mind me, I like to overthink the little things sometimes. Minseok always scolds me for that, nagging about how it literally does nothing but hurt your feelings. I chuckled, I always answered him with 'I know, I'll do my best to get rid of it' but I guess old habits die hard and I couldn't help it. I picked up the wine glass and swirled it around, propping my head up with one arm. I felt a subtle vibration coming from the table. Ah, a text message from non-other than the bastard himself.

 

(1) New Message

From: Park Chanyeol

Hi, I'm a little busy at the moment. Can you come over and help me with a couple of stuff? Thanks.

 

, I cursed under my breath. Here I thought, I am relieved from my assistant duties. Who does he think he is? Asking for my help after hours. He ain't paying me and I don't work for free. What the . But alas, I have to go and help this bastard out because god knows when he's going to finish his work and because it's also a part of comforting the out of him. What is he? A kid? Do I have to put him to bed too, telling him it's going to be OK? God. So, I called the waiter and asked for the bill. Although Minseok wanted to pay for everything tonight but come on, I got paid well. At least, let me get this one. I smirked, sorry baby. I stepped out into the cold night, clutching my coat tighter around myself. I looked up at the tall building. 'Signal Point Entertainment', its name soars high in the sky. All I know about this guy is that he's the vice CEO who apparently works harder than the CEO. He's brash and infamously known for his hot temper. Rumors has it that his assistants only lasted for a week, two if they're really tough. I heard that his new assistant quit this morning. Hence, why he's working overtime I guess. Honestly, with a laid back CEO, I'd have a short fuse too. I saw the lights are still on at the top floor. Maybe he's there, maybe not but it's worth to try.

I climbed up the stairs to the front entrance and instantly I was greeted by the cold breeze as I pushed the huge double door open. Without wasting any time, I walked to the elevator and pushed the button to the top floor. It took a while to get up but at least, the elevator music is nice. As the elevator door parted open, the whole office was pitch black. I had to turn on my phone's flashlight as the elevator door closed because, God it really is dark here. As I walked around, manuevering my way around the objects in the office, I swear if I bumped into another cubicle, I'm gonna scream, I don't give a , I saw a room at the corner with a subtle light still on. Immediately, I ran towards the room because I really hate being in the dark and I wanna get this over with. When I reached the door, I switched my flashlight off and knocked on the door.

"Please, just come in." He said. He sounds exhausted, his tone sounds desperate for help. I swung the door open and there he is. The infamous vice CEO, Park Chanyeol with his curly, ginger hair tousled all over. His tie unwind and curled neatly on his table, a few buttons on his shirt came undone. I took a whiff of the air and I knew what it was. Alcohol. Courtesy to our after hour rendezvous at the office, I knew what he was drinking.

"You've been drinking that a lot, Mr. Park," I commented, leaning against the door frame, crossing my arms on my chest.

"I get that a lot, Ms...?" He smiled lazily, looking at me with his drunk eyes.

"I see you weren't paying attention to the text message I sent you. Please, Ms. Lee." I added, hoping my sarcastic tone straighten him up.

"You're a feisty one, aren't you, Ms. Lee?" He laughed, shaking his head, "Minseok got a good one this time," He cackled and continued to drink. Wow, this man has no sense of respect at all. I walked over, sat on his desk and stole the glass from his hands.

"Hey, that's mine. If you want one, go help yourself over there and off." He snapped, watching me like a predator watching his prey's every move. I finished his drink in front of him and slammed the glass on the table, to agitate him more.

"You need to learn some manners, dude. You asked for my help. I'm not your assistant, you're not paying me and I still came over willingly. You're lucky because I don't accept offers often especially from a scumbag like you," I scolded and pushed his head a little. He wobbled for a while then came back to it's original place like a bobblehead, "Hey, are you listening to me?" I asked, snapping my fingers in front of his face when he wasn't responding. Great, he's in a dazed state now. I supposed I need to get him home too. I shook my head and took my phone out. As I dialled Minseok's number, He regurgitated. Oh , not here, not on me please. He held back for a while then immediately vomitted all over his table. Yes, this also includes my favorite evening dress. 

"ing hell!" I catched him as he fell over to the side. God, how the did he survived post break up. This is absolutely crazy.

"Hello?"

"Hey, do you think you can come over to Signal Point right now?" I asked desperately while trying to balance myself with him on my side, "He got a little too drunk and puked all over me, for god's sake, please hurry." I pleaded. Minseok murmured a few sentences but he agreed to come over. I hung up the phone and dragged his body over to the couch. Great, I smell like what he had for breakfast earlier. , I think I might throw up too.

 


 

Hey guys!

Thanks for sticking around and enjoy this chapter!

I think it's quite short but I really wanted to get this chapter out. So, phew! that's one done ^^