Greasy Bear

Sweet Disaster

“Done!” I stretched my legs and yawned indecorously after packing my things up for tomorrow’s pointless outing.

Pointless, yes, because I don’t see why we have to go on a forest camping just to finish the first part of our thesis project. I don’t really see the point but then I don’t think there is anything else that I can do to make everyone cooperate.

Besides, they promised to work right after. I’m holding on to that, they’re supposed to keep their promise.

“Are you ready?” Bona called out from my bathroom. Tonight, she decided to sleep over at my house so she wouldn’t be late for tomorrow. She’s the most excited about everything and had been planning what to bring since Monday morning.  

“As all ever be, besides Bona…It’s tomorrow, I really didn’t have to do this tonight. We’re only gonna be there until afternoon anyways.” I called back, eying her swollen backpack. “So I don’t know why you have to take so much with you.” I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms to my chest, feeling slightly suspicious. I heard her chuckle and finally got out of the bathroom while drying off her damp hair with a towel.

“Honey, chill…Okay? What is a forest camping when you’re not going to do it over night? Besides it’s just one night!” She grinned at me cheekily. I just stared at her in return, trying to understand what she meant with “overnight”.

“Bona, I don’t understand…what overnight?”

“Baekhyun doesn’t want me to tell you until tomorrow, but you’re my baby! I can’t help it!” She giggled and wrapped her arms around my shoulder. “Don’t you think it’s exciting? Overnight with two hot guys?” She giggled even more of her own thoughts.

“No. I’ll leave in the afternoon. No overnight. Never.” I shook my head as I speak, looking straight at her face until she frowned and sighed.

“Sorry if I didn’t tell you okay? But everything is planned! This is only for a night and besides, I’m gonna be left alone with two guys if you leave! They might do something inappropriate to me!” Instead of feeling nervous of her dangerous assumption, she was grinning ear-to-ear to even make me feel any less worried about her.  

I studied her for a moment and shoved her arms away from my shoulder.

I really didn’t want to do camping in the first place, let alone an overnight camping with two guys we just actually met. Yeah, just met. If I didn’t know how Baekhyun was before, I wouldn’t really be worried for our ‘sake’. I mean who knows? He might be worse than before! I trust Chanyeol though, he seems harmless so I don’t mind spending the night with him around.

I don’t trust Baekhyun at all and to think he decided this stupid camping on his own! That alone is suspicious.

“Mr. Kim!!!” I yelled as I opened the door of my room, expecting my chubby cheeked butler rushing his way to me. As expected, he appeared right in front of me in a flash. He smiled with his chinky eyes and bowed his head slightly.

“Yes, Young Master?” He asked, ever so kindly.

“Minesok-nim, Can you get me a tent? Big enough for two people, actually a little bit bigger…and, I won’t be here tomorrow night, Can you tell my parents for me? I don’t think I will be able to meet them both when we leave tomorrow morning. And I need the tent tonight.” He looked puzzled with my request but still plastered his usual friendly smile.

“Yes, Master…but may I ask where you’ll be heading tomorrow?” He asked.

“Errm, we’re camping, but don’t tell that to my parents…I’m sure you’ll think of a better excuse to them…for me. Thank you Minseok-nim, Goodnight.” I chuckled but felt a little sorry for him for facing my parents tomorrow night when I’m missing, but I shook it off my shoulders and slowly closed the door behind me when he finally left.

“I knew you’re such a good friend.” Bona threw herself on my bed, celebrating my millionth lose over her. I sighed.

 

 

If I only knew none of them would be helping us today I wouldn’t even bother leaving the house on a Friday morning when there is actually no class. I could still be sleeping or cuddling with my pillows right now! But here we are.

“I can’t believe they’re not even helping us, I mean you brought so much! Why did you even brought so much?!” I whined, glancing at the road and back to Bona who was powdering her face on the passenger’s seat beside me. “You know how much I hate driving on the morning.” I continued ending my complaints with a heavy sigh of defeat.

“Relax, babe. I’m sure they’re getting ready by now.” I shook my head.

Bona continued to chatter about the outing and I on the other hand quietly listened to her in a shallow manner, just enough to understand little detail of her excitement while trying to follow the map Chanyeol sent me by MMS the next day after the planning. I nearly freaked out when we were passing enormous looking trees lined up neatly at the side of the road. It was all equally huge that it was shadowing the entire road.

“I never thought there are places like this in korea, I feel like I’m in the movies, you know the Twilight? Where Edward had Bella on his back and he runs through the forest so fast? That was amazing! And sweet. Romantic. You think Chanyeol is a fast runner?” Bona continued. I cringed at how cheesy and utterly stupid she suddenly sounded and actually mentioning Chanyeol right after Bella and Edward that is already cheesy and overly mushy by nature.

“What?—Oh there it is!” I gushed as I slowed down, squinting my eyes at the words written on the rusted road sign on the right side of the road.

“EXOPlanet Forest Park…1 Km ahead.”  And there was an arrow pointing at the one-way road just a little ahead of the sign that is probably headed straight to the forest park.

 I checked Chanyeol’s map on my phone once again and I was indeed taking the right route. I mentally patted myself on the head for not getting lost.

“I think we’re almost there Bona.” I mumbled loud enough for Bona to hear and roll down her window, ordering me to drive faster.

We reached the dead end of the road, only to be greeted by a black 520d BMW that I assumed belonged to any of the two boys. I parked my VIOS behind the black car and turned off the engine.

Bona immediately jumped out of the car and ran to the BMW, turning back to me with a shrug.

“What?” I asked, closing the door of my car and slowly approached her and the black car.

“You think this is their car?” She took her phone from the pocket of her baggy pants and looked at me. “I have no lines.” She said, referring to the signal bars on her phone.

I took my phone from my hoodie as well to check for signal, but even I have none. I turned back to her and shook my head.

“How are we supposed to contact them?” She asked.

“Eun-ah! Bona-yah!” I whirled around and found Chanyeol running towards us while enthusiastically waving his hands and smiling so widely.

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” He said while panting hard.

“It’s okay, we just got here actually…errm, where’s Baekhyun?” I asked, he beamed at me and fixed the black cap he was wearing.

“He’s fixing the tents. Where’s your things?” Bona snatched the car key I was holding and run to the back of my VIOS.

“Here Chanyeol~!” She called at Chanyeol and giggled, glancing at me knowingly. I shook my head and waited for them to collect the bags from the compartment and I took mine. Chanyeol took the biggest one which was Bona’s.

Chanyeol lead the way to the camp site and I can’t help but wonder why there are no other people in the site when it’s a forest park after all, and I recalled only seeing their car at the parking area.

“Chanyeol-ah, are we the only ones camping today?” I asked, yanking my backback. He glanced back at me for a few seconds and nodded.

“Yeah, actually this is a secluded area. There used to be a lot of campers here but they stopped coming because of the spooky rumors.” He laughed. There is no reason to laugh Chanyeol…

“W-what rumors?” I asked again, Bona was looking up at Chanyeol with interest and fear as well. Even when we were kids, Bona and I never liked horror stories or anything spook related because we are both scaredy cats, and I’m pretty sure she’s thinking of the same thing.

“Y-yeah?” She added.

“You know, some few spirits they claimed to be living in the forest, they said there were a family who camped here before and was killed by a hungry bear and until now they’re hunting this place. And they said the bear is still lurking here somewhere.”

“So spirits are not our only problem? There’s a bear too?” I inquired. Chanyeol chuckled and turned to me while he nodded, somewhat amused of my reaction.

“Why in the hell did you take us here then??” Bona wailed, stopping on her tracks and stomped behind me.

“Don’t worry, we go here for camping all the time and we’ve never seen the bear or spirit.” Chanyeol assured, accompanied by a suspicious grin. Maybe it was just me doubting everything because I’m scared.

“It’s okay! I swear. Come on, I just left Baekhyun alone in there.” He said, walking once again. Bona trailed behind me while holding on my back pack. A few minutes later we reached the camp site.

Two medium size tents were already built on the site and on the center are piles of chopped woods ready for the bonfire tonight. There were also grilling equipment’s on the corner and a huge cooler resting beside it.

“You’re not that prepared, aren’t you?” I mumbled while scanning the whole area. The cleanliness was a plus too. This wasn’t that bad after all. I smiled to myself.

“Where’s Baek?” Chanyeol looked perplexed when I turned to him, then I suddenly remembered that he said Baekhyun was supposed to be waiting for us right here.

“He must be around here somewhere.” Bona who was now standing beside Chanyeol said what I was about to say. I chuckled and nodded. Then Bona turned to me smiling at first and all of a sudden widening her eyes in terror. Chanyeol immediately pulled Bona behind him, wearing the same expression as her and yelled at me.

“Eun-ah, behind you!!” I turned as soon as Chanyeol warned me. My entire body froze on the spot for what I saw.

An enormous silhouette of what seemed like a bear was lurking on the trees a few feet away from us and was walking slowly towards our direction. My breath was shortening and my feet wouldn’t move from where I was standing. I couldn’t even shout and I was panting so hard. Chanyeol was whispering behind me not to move but Bona cried so hard.

The bear turned its head at our direction and a faint roar echoed through the forest. I tried to move my feet when the bear started running towards us, the exact moment that I fell on the ground. Bona was crying so hard behind me and I just knew that I wouldn’t be saved.

The bear jumped out of the darkness and started moving so oddly of what seems to be like he was…dancing.

“W-wha—“ I opened my mouth to talk and nothing but my breath escaped my lips. I don’t know what to say but I wanted to scream when the bear’s ridiculous dancing made me realize that all of this was a total obtuse prank. A bad one.

“What the heeell??!” Bona’s cry and Chanyeols laughter filled the area but somehow made me calm. It was just a prank, thank God.

The bear grab both sides of its head and pulled it off, revealing the imbecile Byun Baekhyun grinning at me in amusement. I glowered at him, fuming in anger inside. BYUN BAEKHYUN, YOU’RE DEAD!!

 

 

“I can’t believe you guys!!! UGH!!!” I touched my temple with the back of my hand and continued walking back and forth. My three members were gathered around the pile of chopped woods and laughing with each other. Bona included, and I just don’t understand at all.

“Relax, it was fun anyway.” She said, as if she wasn’t crying so hard before Chanyeol convinced her it was fun.

“FUN? I almost thought I was gonna die today Oh my God.” I stopped and sat beside Chanyeol on the log placed around the prepared bonfire, adjacent to us were Bona and Baekhyun who were still wearing the pathetic bear costume. I glared at him.

“Can you please, just take that off?” He grinned a little too impishly for a moment and stood up.

“Yeah sure, if you don 't mind me being all .” He grinned even more and I can hear Chanyeol snorting beside me while trying to control his laughter.

"Are you telling me that's the only thing you're wearing right now?" I gritted my teeth as I speak, trying hard not to imagine those morbid images under that constume.He nodded.

"Yeah I hope you don't mind." His smile widened slyly as he teasingly reached for the button around his neck.

“Oh please do~” Bona rested her chin on her fist and watched Baekhyun dreamily.

“No thanks. You can wear it all day if you want.” I blurted quickly, not looking directly at him. He pursed his lips and shrugged, slumping back on his spot beside Bona with a contented look on his annoying face. There was no way around this Baekhyun. Like seriously.

 

Since Bona and I arrived midday, surely everyone had been thinking nonstop about lunch. Even the obnoxious Byun Baekhyun who was still wearing the pathetic bear costume.

“Wah, Chanyeol-ah! This meat is the best! No doubt you’re the meat expert.” He gushed, shoving a number of sliced meat into his mouth that Chanyeol diligently grilled on his own.

Not that we don’t want to help, I wasn’t good at cooking. Neither does Bona. I grew up in a place where everything is done for me and it made me feel ashamed of that fact for a moment while I watch him cook. Girls are supposed to do what Chanyeol was doing right? But here we are, shamelessly stuffing food in our mouths while we wait for the next batch of meat to cook.

“My meat judgment is always the best. How do you find the meat? Eun-ah.” Chanyeol beamed hopefully at me, putting another slice of meat on my plate. I smiled back at him and nodded.

“It’s really good Chanyeol-ah, I didn’t know you had such reputation though.” I chuckled as he did earning a loud clearing of throat from Bona who suddenly popped in front of me carrying her plate. She gestured me to move and batted her eyelashes.

I shoved myself away from the seat and spitefully took hers, which was beside Baekhyun.

I pretended he wasn’t around and surprisingly enough, he stayed on his seat and continue eating. Silently. I guess he was ignoring my presence as well. And it made me feel somehow…disappointed.

WHAT??? NO!!! EUN, PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER! HE DOESN’T MATTER. HOW CAN YOU FEEL THAT WAY YOU LITTLE IDIOT! BE THANKFUL HE’S NOT BOTHERING YOU ANYMORE! YES! THAT IS A REALLY GOOD THING. I screamed in my head, nodding while I agreed to myself.

“Hey can you hand me the knife?” I turned to him blankly and haven’t realized that I was staring at his face, dumbfounded by how sweet his voice suddenly sounded in my ear. He said what?

Should I be feeling this? I felt like melting. My fan girl days flashing before my eyes.

“The knife…please?” He repeated, looking back at me oddly. “Perhaps I’m using the wrong method…” He said while his expression darkened and he slowly leaned close to me, sliding his arm on the back of my chair.

I tried to decipher what the hell is happening at the moment but all I can think of was the pristine smell of his bear costume with hint of sweat and a little Baekhyun aroma.

It took me forever to realize what he was doing and screamed as I jumped out of my seat, constantly screaming.

“Yaaaaaaaah!” I glared down at him but he only smiled at me, obviously amused.

“Got it.” He announced, flashing the small knife at me and turned back to his food with another contended look on his face.

Okay, maybe I was over reacting and being a little assuming that I am. But he didn’t have to lean close to me and purposely seduce me just to get that bloody knife!

Was I seduced? Should I be worrying about my obsession of him coming back? Can I just go home?

 

 

In fulfillment of my determination to avoid Baekhyun, I volunteered to clean up after we ate, because Bona was all over Chanyeol and left me to suffer with Baekhyun. While I struggle to be nonchalant and careless about his innuendos and my own hearts treachery against me.

 I went alone to the river close to our site to clean our grilling equipment. Chanyeol offered to help but I insisted on going alone, to clear my head up and stay from Baekhyun at the most. I only had to wash a little so it wouldn’t be that difficult at all.

After finishing all up, I decided to stay for a little while and admire the crystal clearness of the water flowing before me. It was warm and calming so I took off my shoe and dipped my feet in to the water, sighing as soon as it freely flowed pass my feet, soaking a small part of my jeans.

“At least someone is enjoying herself.” I flinched and hurled around. Baekhyun, the person I was avoiding, was leaning against a tree and smiling at my direction. Despite wearing the bear costume, Baekhyun didn’t look any different, he was still arrogant and attractive and I hate it most that I’m admitting all of these without feeling irritated of myself like I used to be. And it’s making me want to just drown myself at the moment. Oh please go away.

“I’m not. I still think we should be working on our thesis rather than wasting time here.” I lied and looked away. I heard him chuckle and before I knew it, he was beside me kicking on the waters with his own feet.

“What are you doing?” I barked and glared at him.

“Enjoying myself.” He answered. “Duuuuuuh.” He continued, kicking the water directly to my jeans.

“Yah!” I screamed, hopping away from him while he laughs and continued kicking the water on my direction. “Baekhyun stop it! I’m getting wet!” He paused for a moment and smirked.

“Already?” He bit his lips and chuckled. I swear if he continues doing this I would have no choice but to murder him. On the spot. With my bare hands. Like a psycho.

I rolled my eyes and glared at him making his shoulder vibrate in light laughter that made him look absurdly cute. I quickly turned away when my cheeks started to flare up, this stupid body is constantly going against me.

“I’m glad you agreed to come here, Eun-ah.” I don’t know if it was me or my fantasies are getting the best of me, yet again, but when I turned back at him after hearing such weird words, a sincere smile was carved on his face.

I’m seeing things again. I need a doctor. Is he hinting at me or…I’m imagining things like I did before.  

 



Subscribe and comment! :D *HART HART* I'm getting close to the end of this one..yeah. LOL