Call or Not to Call

Sweet Disaster

Yeoboseyo?’

"Chanyeol-ssi! This is Eun, remember?" I exclaimed over the phone. I have been calling him for more than thirty minutes but I couldn’t reach his number and now I’m finally here, talking to him.

‘Oh! Of course! You’re that girl who confessed to Baekhyun. He laughed. I can imagine his twisted face as he ha-ha-ha heartedly on the other line. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Yeah, that’s me. Listen, are you free tomorrow? I mean its Saturday, we can plan for our thesis project."

'I’ll clear my schedule for you.’ He said. ‘What time and where are we meeting? I sighed in relief, Chanyeol was being more cooperative than I’ve expected.  

"Thanks Chanyeol, I’ll just text you when…" I sighed. "Wait, can you just ask Baekhyun for me?"

I have his number. I have unlimited ways to contact him because we exchanged KakaoTalk account, Facebook account and other SNS account when I asked for their numbers. I admit I don’t want to contact him at all, HAPPY????

‘Errm, about that I really don’t know where he is right now. Why don’t you just call him? I mean you have his number.’ He said. I said I don’t want to contact him!

"Okay, I’ll just text you when he responds to me. Thank you Chanyeol-ah, bye." I hanged up and dived into my bed. Chanyeol, down. Bona, down. Baekhyun, MULTIPLE ANNOYING DOTS.

Call.

Don’t call.

Call.

Don’t call.

My phone vibrated beneath me and instantly pulling me out of my thoughts. I took my phone and read the name flashing on the screen. Cha Bo Na.

I opened her message and grimaced.

‘Contact Baekhyun now!!!!’ She wrote.

“Yah?? How can you possibly read my mind at this time? My phone vibrated again, and it was another message from her.

‘I’m talking to Chanyeol over the phone now. <3 <3 <3’

I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, that is all you care about.” I kicked off my shoes and rolled over my bed. I surfed for the contacts on my phone and looked for Baekhyun’s number, hesitating for a few seconds and finally took a deep breath and pressed the call button.

It rang for about five times before someone finally answered.

I mentally stabbed my chest when it made that fast dug-dug-dug it does when I was still into him.

‘Yeobeoseyo?’ His voice was husky, inviting and…. I shook my head, mentally slapping myself.

"Hi, this is Eun. You remember me?" I asked, giving myself a pat on the head for not stuttering.

I heard him chuckle in amusement.

‘I was waiting for your call.’ He said.

Please don’t start.

"Geure? Are you free tomorrow?" I asked, trying to ignore his arrogance.

‘You’re asking me on a date?’ He chuckled again. I closed my eyes to take a deep breath composing myself.

"Just because I asked you if you’re free, doesn’t mean I’m asking you on a date." I defended.

‘Then why do you ask?’ He laughed through his words.

"Because we have a thesis project to plan."

‘You can plan whatever you like, just tell what I should do. I’m hanging up. I’m busy.’ Aish. I was cursing endlessly in my head.

"WAIT! You have to go tomorrow, I’ll text you where and what time. No excuses." I said as I gritted my teeth.

‘As long as you promise to wear miniskirt for me tomorrow.’ He said. I can almost imagine him smirking through all these. Rolling my eyes, I ignored him again and repeated what I said.

"I’ll text, you come. No excuses." Then I hanged up.

“Yaaaaaaaaaaaaish! That annoying arrogant good-for-nothing —“

“Young Master.” I turned to the door and glared at the two maids bowing their heads at me.

“What??!” I yelled. They backed away and bowed multiple times again saying ‘sorry’ over and over again. I sighed and softened my expression.

“Sorry, what is it?” They stood straight in unison, still looking down their feet.

“Yixing-Sonsaengnim has arrived. He’s waiting for you in the library.”

-

My piano lesson ended earlier than I expected, giving me more time to decided where we should meet tomorrow. Good thing Yixing sonsaengnim is more considerate than my parents, and he knew exactly that I was already pretty good at playing the piano.

I took my phone from the pocket of the cardigan that I was wearing and texted my group members, telling them to meet me at Starbucks near school at lunch tomorrow. Bona, complained but Chanyeol said he was coming no matter what, so Bona said she’ll come no matter what. I chuckled to myself as I read their messages. Baekhyun wasn’t even responding. I wish he reads my message and come tomorrow. Above my concern of him being in the same group as me in thesis is the thesis itself. I have to focus. He won’t matter later on. I convinced myself. I have to graduate this year. I want my freedom.

 

 

I woke up to the demanding noise of my alarm clock, telling me to get the hell out of the bed and get ready. I rolled over to reach for it and turned it off, stretching as I try to sit up. I stayed there for a few moments until my phone rang, my favorite song playing as the caller waited for me to answer. I looked at the time before picking up the call. Exactly 8 AM.

"Yeoboseyo?" I yawned covering my mouth.

'YAH?? LEE EUN! Are you awake now? I’m not coming later. Okay? NEVER! Let’s change group members or better yet let’s just work together, the two of us! That’s what you like right??!' Bona yelled on the other line hysterically, I had to move my phone away from my ear as she spoke.

"What are you talking about?" I asked lazily. I heard her panting, probably restraining herself from getting too mad.

'Park Chanyeol already has a girlfriend! Can you believe it! He should have just ignored my messages when he’s already taken. This is annoying…and embarrassing! Do you know how y I sound every time we’re on the phone? Oh my God, I’m gonna die.' I snorted, holding back my laughter. She’s so Bona at the moment.

"I should have told you not to assume right? But I don’t think we can afford to change members at this point of time, besides…you can’t use that reason to just remove them in the group. That’s way more embarrassing for you…trust me."

'But I know you want to remove Baekhyun in the group, better yet kick them off at the same time! You can use that reason then we’ll both be embarrassed! Like what friends are for!'

"Are you mental? As much as I want any of them out, I know you won’t be doing fifty percent of everything in thesis because you said you have other class."

'Aaaaaahhhh! Whatever you say. I’ll hang up now, I still have to decide what to wear. You know, I have to look good so that Chanyeol would regret having a girlfriend.'  She giggled and didn’t give me chance to respond and immediately hanged up.

As tempting as it was, I can’t afford to risk failing the subject. But why isn’t he replying to any of my messages? This is so annoying to think about.

I flickered through my phone and looked for his number calling it without having any second thought. It rang for a few times until he finally answered.

'Eun-ah~' He sang. Is he trying to mock me again?

"Y-ya! I’m not calling to joke around with you—" I choked when he suddenly started to moan on the other line.

I froze on the spot and cold swear started to run down my temple.

"Y-YAH! BYUN BAEKHYUN!"

'Haha, Eun-ah~ Eun-ah~ Eun-ah~ If this is you, leave a message, I’m still sleeping and dreaming of you~ If this is not Eun…leave a message I’ll call you back. Ppyong!'

I took a deep breath and held the urge to yell over his voice message. Why in the hell can he be so enjoying all of these? I mentally smacked my forehead with my palm, closing my eyes and waited for the beep.

“Yah, can you change your voice message?! Ghad! We’ll wait for you at Starbucks at noon. Don’t be late.”

 

 

“What is taking him so long?” Chanyeol puffed his cheeks as he stared down on his phone. I gazed up at him from my laptop monitor and sighed.

“Two hours has passed, I don’t think he’s coming.” Bona snapped as she tapped the end of her pen on the table and resting her chin on her fist, obviously unhappy of what we’re doing.

We have been in Starbucks for more than two hours and also scanned through topics we could use for the project, but up until this moment we’re still undecided. We could actually use one mind right now, but he’s just so annoying he actually didn’t dare to come.

“I wish we could get to drag him here right now.” I said as I took a sip on the Frappuccino I ordered two hours ago. It was all melted down and bland but I don’t have money at the moment to order much more. Besides I was on a strict diet.

“Actually, he doesn’t really go out on Saturdays. He said he’s too busy on this days but I asked him to make an exception today.” Chanyeol admitted looking down on his phone. “He would always tell us not to bother him on a day like this so we usually don’t.”

“So there is something more important than thesis project? Who knows if he’s just dating random es every Saturday?!” Bona growled glaring at Chanyeol, but I knew better that her anger is not about Baekhyun. Chanyeol looked at her and smiled awkwardly as I secretly smile to myself.

“B-bona-yah, easy. He doesn’t want to tell us what he’s doing but yeah, I suppose it’s that important to him.” He turned to me with the same awkward smile. “I’ll just try to call him.”

I nodded and watched him surf through his phone. Baekhyun’s moan suddenly crossed my mind and I shamelessly screamed in panic, snatching his phone from him.

You can’t call him. His voice mail is stupid!

“I-I’ll talk to him instead.” I offered scanning his contacts in haste for Baekhyun’s number and dialed it, waiting for him to answer or for stupid voicemail that I hoped he already changed.

'Eun-ah~' The stupid voice mail answered again, I pulled the phone away from my ears to avoid hearing the shameless moans he added in the voice mail and just waited for the beep.

BEEP.

“YAH! This is Eun, can you just answer the call once or just call us back when you get this…and please. Change it. Jebal.” I ended my message with a whisper looking away from the two people who was staring at me.

“He didn’t answer?” Chanyeol asked after I returned his phone back to him. I shook my head and scratched my temple.

“Let’s just do better for now, I think he has a good reason for missing out.”

 

 

If it wasn’t for Chanyeol and his kind thoughts and remarks about his friend, I could’ve just forgotten Baekhyun was on the group and let him fail on his own.

I yanked my bag up to my shoulder as I jumped out of the car, closing the door behind me and walked to Bona who was waiting for me at the entrance of the school. It was Monday and today we have thesis on the first period.

Bona and I walked together to our classroom and settled on the backseat again as usual and waited for our two group mates.

Chanyeol finally entered the classroom with his usual cheerful aura earning a few giggles from our other female classmates as he waved back at them with a smile. Chanyeol was quite charming I admit. He was also kind and thoughtful. Baekhyun however…I can’t decipher.

“Where’s Baekhyun?” Bona asked. Chanyeol shook his shoulders.

“He’ll come in a moment.” He assured, pulling two chairs so he could join me and Bona on the table, the other probably fro Baekhyun. “We haven’t talked since Saturday, but please Eun-ah don’t kick him out of the group. I’m really sure he has good reasons.” He turned to me and gave me a hopeful smile. I sighed in defeat and shrugged it off.

“I won’t don’t worry, I don’t want to give anyone a hard time doing a lot of work, including myself.”

“Good morning guys.” My head turned abruptly at the sound of Baekhyun’s hoarse voice, a voice that you can only hear from anyone who just woke up. He looked back at me with his half-closed eyes and yawned.

“Did you just woke up, Baekhyun-ah?” Chanyeol asked, motioning him to the empty seat beside him. Baekhyun lazily went over to Chanyeol and sat, leaning his head on his shoulder. Chanyeol turned to us and forced a smile. Bona rolled her eyes.

“Is he the girlfriend you’re telling me about?” I scoffed covering my mouth to prevent myself from my ugly laughing. Baekhyun moaned, snuggling into Chanyeols arms in attempt to sleep.

I grimaced with Bona as we watched them, but thinking how innocent he looked when he was doing that. But his shameless in his voicemail reminded me he isn’t innocent and probably exhausted from banging random girls all night.

“Yah!!” I kicked his foot under the table causing him to snap out of his tiredness and jolt up from his seat.

“What?!” He yelled to no one in particular, his eyes roaming around sleepily.

“I’m down here, idiot! Where were you yesterday??!” He glanced down at me and smiled.

“Oh, sorry.” He sat back down shaking his head to wake himself up. “I was busy but I can always make it up to you, Eun-ah. What about tonight?” Despite of the jaded look on his face, he still managed pull up his infamous, as much as I hate to admit it, y smirk.

I clicked my tongue in contempt and looked back at him but he only continued to give me that smirk.

“Baekhyun-ssi, this is not a good time to joke around. Say, how can we make you participate without forcing you?” Bona cut in, gaining Baekhyun’s attention. He sighed and thought for a moment, turning back to me and grinned.

“What about a little acquaintance party? A little get together to know who we are working with. Don’t worry, we’ll work while we’re having fun. It’s like a team building.” He suggested, earning an enthusiastic nod from Chanyeol.

“We already know who are working with, Thank you.” I opposed, shaking my head continuously. “And besides, we only have a week left to submit our thesis topic, we don’t like wasting time partying, don’t we?” I turned to Bona for back up but as I turned she was smiling at me with glistening eyes.

“Bona, I’m your best friend.” I breathed, frowning at her. She continued to grin at me wrapping her arms to mine.

“I’m your best friend too, Eun-ie…If you know what I mean.” Chanyeol, I know. I yelled in my head. I closed my eyes and sighed.

“Whatever, just make sure we are going to work right after.” 

 


 

Annyeonghaseyo everyone. ^^

Sorry for being in hiatus for no reason, you see I've been thinking of improving my writing skills and I still dont have an effective way to do that, I feel like I'm lacking more and more as the days passes, but I'll try to be as creative as possible. Thanks for taking time to read my story and actually waiting for this chapter to come out. I lobs u. XD More comments please! It motivates me a lot. ^^ And thank you for the upvotes! Really Appreciate it. <3 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year as well, I wish you all a good health. Love and Hugs~ See you on the next chapter. ^^