Beautiful ways

Scribble-Scrabble

I was always –and always be – a man of habits, simple, beautiful and innocent habits.

 

Everyday I’ll wake up, look through the window and see how the weather is.

If it’s sunny, I’ll always smile brightly trying somehow to start a battle of smiles with Mr. Sun. I’ll always end up losing anyway.

Maybe next time… For sure I’m going to win!, I’ll hopefully think everytime… Although I know that won’t really help me at all.

If the weather is rainy, I’ll try to dry the tears which run down through my window, making it all soaked, sad and empty looking because I don’t really enjoy seeing how nature turns my house (and myself) into a bad mood. My home and I, pretty much hate it. So please, dear Weather, keep your tears away from us!

If, by any chance, the weather is windy I’ll try to keep my heart calm because the wind makes strange noises and my home turns into a Haunted House. And, as I said, my home and I pretty much hate it. It’s really scary! Because of this dear Weather, keep calm.

Whenever the weather is cold, I’ll wrap myself in a fluffly and pink blanket… The same one we would use to stay warm in the winter while drinking a cappuccino (him) and green tea (me). Although it doesn’t feel the same anymore, my home and I pretty much hate cold weather… Why? Because it makes your nose look like a tiny cherry when it gets red.

But definitely, summer is my favorite season of the year. I’ll wake up with a big smile glued to my face because every single day during this season I’ll play on my backyard. feet caressing the green and fresh grass, feeling the soft and sweet aroma of flowers which make a perfect company while I listen to the robins singing. No matter what, day by day, they’ll have a brand new tune for me to gladly enjoy and sing later on.

On summer nights I’ll play outside until Mr. Sun says goodbye and I’ll soon be greeted by the beautiful Mrs. Moon.

Selene, you look so beautiful tonight”, he would always tell her while looking at her white complexion, no matter what shape she is dressed in.

But there’s a habit I will never erase from my daily routine.

Everyday at 8 AM I’ll prepare a cup of tea for me and a cup of coffee for him. I’d try new tea flavors everytime but he’d always ask for the same old coffee: his beloved cappuccino with no sugar.

Since we met we always used the same cups. Mine would be that vintage white tea cup with a beautiful –but faded– pink flower pattern and his would always be that old plaint blue coffee pot, the one that he had been using since his mama prepared him a morning coffee before going to school, back then… In China.

I’d always ask him the same question.

 

Why won’t you add sugar to your coffee?”, actually knowing the answer.

 

And he’d always reply with the sweetest smile.

 

Because you’re the sugar of my life and nothing sweetest than you.

Then he’d kiss me right on my lips, each time a little bit softer than the last one.

 

Making me fall in love even more, day by day…

 

We grew old this way, him and I being happy with each other, with our ways –never making sense–, but those were surely the most common, simple and precious ways I could ever ask for.

Nevertheless, the time went on and on and he suddenly lost his love for our ways and he won’t ask for his daily cappuccino with no sugar… And he won’t reply me that I was the sweetest thing… He won’t even kiss my lips anymore.

 

Because he was gone.

 

And I was left alone.

 

Alone.

 

Alone…

 

But there’s something I will never forget. Those words he softly whispered in my ear on that summer night when we were observing the beautiful sky.

 

Selene wasn’t there… She was sure playing hide-and-seek with the clouds.

 

Minki, if I ever leave you alone here in this big world, if my fate tells me I should part first… Don’t worry, I’ll never die. I’ll always be there for you… As long as you keep our ways alive and you think of me… I’ll never die. As long as you want to love me…

I’ll be here, whatever the season is. I’ll be Mr. Sun in summer, the blanket that covers you and keep you warm in winter, I’ll be this house and as long as you live in me… I’ll keep you safe. I’ll keep you with me.

Because where you’re loved… That’s where you belong.

And I love you…

I’ll be your home.

 

 

And he’ll always be alive as long as I live, he’ll always be my home.

 

 

Jason will always be my precious home where I can go back to.

 

 

- adorabl3