Chapter 5

The Fortune-Teller Said That You're My Future Husband

 

Baekhyun was deadly hungry and tired. He hadn’t had a single bite of food all day because he skipped his breakfast, and his lunch break was spent with his new boyfriend in the rooftop. (Baekhyun smiled when his mind just calling Chanyeol his boyfriend) And his empty stomach made him have no strength.

He ran his fingers through his magenta hair then immediately fixed it again. The school bell just rang and Baekhyun was never been this eager to come home soon. Thank God that there wasn’t any student council meeting today. It was just the first day of semester though.

Baekhyun fixed the straps of his backpack and adjusted it when he stood up from his chair. Jongdae already went first because of the theatre practice. So he will go home alone today, and possibly for the upcoming months since the practice was scheduled everyday until the play.

“Baekhyun.”

“Fu—Chanyeol?” Baekhyun jumped in surprised by the deep voice outside the classroom’s door. “You surprised me, you dumb. Don’t do that again.”

Chanyeol just grinned and waited for Baekhyun to come to him. “Are you okay? You look dead.”

Baekhyun glared at him, “that’s not how you talk to your boyfriend.”

“I’m sorry. It’s just the way I talk.” Baekhyun pouted and kept silent. “I’m sorry, okay? If I talk to you like that, it means I’m comfortable with you, and that means I like you.”

Baekhyun snorted. “Cheesy.”

“You’re cute.”

“Stop saying that.”

Their little quarrel succedeed to make some students giggling on the new couple. Baekhyun walked out first and Chanyeol followed him behind. Then Baekhyun realized that he didn’t know why Chanyeol was coming to him. He stopped and waited until Chanyeol walked beside him, “why did you come to my class?”

Chanyeol looked at him with his confuse face as both of them kept walking down the corridor, “uh...going home together?”

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows and chuckled lightly, “wow, you’re fast, Park Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol laughed, relieved by Baekhyun’s response. “I just thought we can do some sharing about each other on our way home.”

“Where’s your house?” Baekhyun asked.

“Oh, I live in apartment near the school.”

Baekhyun nodded slightly then tilted his head, “our house are far apart, then. I live in Sungdong.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened in shock, “you live that far?”

“It’s not that far. I only need to took the bus once.”

 Chanyeol hummed in understanding. “See? We need to know each other better.”

Baekhyun just shook his head and smiled to him. Chanyeol still hadn’t used to Baekhyun smiling at him that he actually needed to look away to calm his heartbeat and breath.

When both of them arrived at the locker place, Chanyeol saw Jongin, Kyungsoo and Kris who was waiting for him. All of his friends’ mouth gaped open when they saw Chanyeol was walking side by side with Baekhyun, not to mention, Baekhyun was currently smiling at him.

Chanyeol stopped on his step and grabbed Baekhyun’s hand, forcing the smaller to also stop walking. He could see in the corner of his eyes that Baekhyun was looking at him curiously. Chanyeol wanted to hide from his friends, but it was too late because they already saw him with Baekhyun. It was just a matter of time until one of them...

“Chanyeol hyung!”

Of course, it would be Jongin.

Baekhyun turned his head to where the voice came. He saw three boys walked toward them. He blinked in confusion since the three of them had smirks on their faces.

“Hi hyung,” Jongin put his hand around Chanyeol’s shoulder and threw him a mischievous smile, “so, I see that you won’t go home with us today?”

“Of course he won’t.” Kris snorted, with the same smirk as Jongin’s.

“You need to let go of your hand from Chanyeol, Jongin. Chanyeol’s taken now.” That one was Kyungsoo, and also with the same smirk with the rest.

“Oops, sorry.” Jongin let go of Chanyeol and he put his hand around Kyungsoo’s now.

Baekhyun was smiling widely, amused by the scene in front of him. It was clear that these guys were Chanyeol’s friends and they tried to annoy him. And judging from Chanyeol who was rolling his eyes now, they did it.

Baekhyun took one step forward, and let go of Chanyeol’s grip on him, “I’m Byun Baekhyun. Are you guys Chanyeol’s friend?”

All the three of the eyed Chanyeol, still with their annoying grins, “well, aren’t you gonna introduce us to your new boyfriend, dude?” Kris asked.

Chanyeol shook his head in disbelief. Why was he friend with them? “Baekhyun, these three ers here are my best friends, Kris, Jongin, and Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol explained as he pointed at them from left to right respectively.

The three of them laughed at Chanyeol’s statement and annoyed face while Baekhyun glared at him, “you can’t call your best friends ers, Chanyeol.”

“You’ll understand why I called them that when you know them better,” Chanyeol argued.

“Oh, so, later when you know me better, you will also call me er?” Baekhyun tilted his head facing Chanyeol.

“No—it wasn’t what I meant, Baekhyun.”

“You both are so compatible for each other,” Kyungsoo said and chuckled softly, earning agreement nods from Jongin and Kris who was watching the couple in front of him amusedly.

“I think we should go, guys.” Kris said, making the new couple turned their attention to the three musketeers again. “We don’t want both of you fighting because of us, although I agree with Baekhyun, you need to stop calling us with rude words, dude.”

Chanyeol mouthed a ‘ you’ to Kris so Baekhyun won’t see or hear, and finally his best friends turned around after they waved and said their goodbyes at Baekhyun.

When he saw that his best friends already far enough, Chanyeol turned to face Baekhyun who was already looking at him with a knowing look. Chanyeol blinked once before he spoke innocently, “what?”

Baekhyun closed his eyes for a second then decided to walk off. He wasn’t against anything like bad and swearing words because he also sometimes used it to his friend, like Jongdae. But it just annoyed him to hear Chanyeol saying that word in front of him he didn’t even know why.

Chanyeol ran after Baekhyun and when he finally catched up, he quickly asked, “did I do something wrong? Baekhyun, I’m sorry.”

They walked slowly out of the school building. The sun began to turn into orange and the school was already half empty.

Baekhyun let out a heavy sigh. He thought he was being unreasonable for getting angry at Chanyeol, maybe because he was tired, “nothing, I was just really tired,” he answered and smiled at Chanyeol. “I haven’t eaten all day.”

“All day? Even breakfast?” Baekhyun shook his head slowly. “You should tell me earlier, we shouldn’t sabotage your lunch break time then.”

Baekhyun smiled weakly. It was nice having someone who cared about you. It was nice having Chanyeol. “Yeah, we shouldn’t do that again in the future, remind me that. There’s no way I’m skipping breakfast and lunch again. I feel like I can collapse anytime.”

“Are you sure you’re okay going home by yourself?” Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun with his big concerned eyes.

Baekhyun laughed, “it was just metaphorical, Chanyeol. I didn’t really mean that I could collapse anytime.”

Chanyeol still eyed him with concern plastered in his face, but he believed Baekhyun so he just shrugged it off.

They finally arrived at the bus stop in front of the school. Baekhyun sat at the bench and followed by Chanyeol which made Baekhyun wonder, “What are you doing?” Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol looked at the smaller boy beside him, “uh...sitting?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, can’t believe the fact that his boyfriend was this stupid.

As if he could read Baekhyun’s mind, Chanyeol quickly corrected his answer, “Hmm...I mean I’ll sit here with you until your bus come.”

“You don’t have to,” Baekhyun shook his head.

“I want to.” Chanyeol leaned his back to the bench and resting his head also. This was indeed a tiring day. So much happened in just a day.

Chanyeol was deep in thought about the event that happened today, but then he heard Baekhyun’s voice beside him, “Your friends are interesting.”

Chanyeol turned his head to Baekhyun, the latter was smiling on him, waiting for him to respond. Chanyeol grinned as he realized that Baekhyun actually the one who talked to him first, “Yeah, but sometimes they can be a pain in the .”

Baekhyun laughed and the sound was making Chanyeol giddy, it was too beautiful.

“That’s what friends do,” Baekhyun responded in agreement. He was silent for awhile, waiting for both of them to finish laughing before he spoke again, “I know Kris, though.”

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows, “you do?” He didn’t recall that Kris ever mentioning Baekhyun.

“Yeah,” Baekhyun looked away from Chanyeol, “I once had a crush on him.”

Chanyeol chocked with his own saliva, “What?”

The smaller eyed him curiously, “are you okay?”

“You like Kris?” Chanyeol asked him, ignoring Baekhyun’s last question.

Realizing that Chanyeol’s expression slowly turned dark, Baekhyun laughed again amusedly, “When I was still a freshman, yes, I liked Kris.” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol again, “don’t worry, Chanyeol. It was just a puppy love. It didn’t even last more than a week, I guess.”

Chanyeol let out his breath which he didn’t know he had been holding. He was relieved, but still, “why did you like him?” he asked.

Baekhyun curled his lips and hummed, “maybe because he’s tall. I don’t know, opposite attracts.” Baekhyun just shrugged. It actually didn’t matter to him anymore though.

“I’m also tall, you know,” Chanyeol mumbled.

Baekhyun grinned at the pouting Chanyeol beside him, “I know, Chanyeol.” Of course he had noticed that Chanyeol was tall, way taller than him, and Baekhyun liked it. He always liked men who was taller than him. Like he had said, opposite attracts.

Chanyeol’s pout began to change into a smile. He eyed his boyfriend from head to toe, and before he could stop his dumb mouth, he said, “and you’re short.”

Baekhyun’s smile quickly gone and glared at him. If a look can kill. “What did you just say?”

Chanyeol immediately corrected his word, “No, no, I—I didn’t mean it as an insult, Baekhyun. You’re small, I like it.” Chanyeol put a grin on his face, “it means I can protect you.”

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol’s eyes for awhile, searching for any sign of lying. When he can’t find any, he wanted to smile but decided to hide it with a scoff, “you don’t need to protect me. I do hapkido.”

“You do?” Chanyeol eyed Baekhyun’s figure once again, “but you’re...”

“I’m small, I know. That’s why I need to learn matrial arts to protect myself,” Baekhyun said, cutting off Chanyeol, because he knew what the taller was going to say. “But I’ve stopped doing hapkido, since 2 months ago because I thought student council would mostly consume my time a lot,” Baekhyun added.

“Ah, about that,” Chanyeol now moved his body to face Baekhyun, “how you can become president?”

Baekhyun furrowed his eyesbrows, “well, of course because I was elected by the students. What else that could make me become the president then?”

Chanyeol nodded in understanding with his dumb expression plastered in his face.

Baekhyun looked at him suspiciously, “wait, don’t tell me that you didn’t know that I’m the student council president before today.”

“What? Uh...” Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck nervously while avoiding Baekhyun’s killer glare on him. “Baekhyun, don’t be mad, okay?” Chanyeol took a deep breath and spoke up, “I actually didn’t even know that we were in the same high school before this morning I saw you before the ceremony.”

The latter gawked at what he had just heard. He stayed silent for a mere one minute, before finally could find his voice, “I really don’t know why I said yes to you,” was what he could only say.

Chanyeol’s face gradually fell, “don’t say that, Baekhyun.” He knew that it must be weird for Baekhyun to process all of what Chanyeol had told him today. It might seem that Chanyeol was too impulsive, too stupid, and everything, but Chanyeol was serious for this relationship. “Just because I only knew you today, It doesn’t mean that my feel for you isn’t real. I really like you, Baekhyun.”

“Whatever,” Baekhyun said, not in the offensive tone. He just couldn’t get mad at Chanyeol when he was all cute and squishy with that sad face. Seriously, Chanyeol needed to stop being like that so Baekhyun could cease the weird feeling in his stomach. But, Baekhyun couldn’t help but smile at the last sentence Chanyeol had said.

Both of them fell into a comfortable silent. It was amazing, Baekhyun thought, how they didn’t feel awkward with each other despite the fact that they just started dating a few hours ago, and not to mention, they hadn’t knew each other before. Although Baekhyun realized that both of them had quarreled quite a lot for such a short period of time today, he couldn’t deny that he actually enjoyed talking with Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun called him and Chanyeol turned his head to face the smaller boy, “I want you to know that I always take relationship seriously. I don’t want you to date me just because a certain fortune-teller told you that I’m your future husband. I know that you have said earlier that you really like me and I believe it. So, let’s make this relationship works” Baekhyun stopped for a few seconds and smiled, “Then we can talk about marriage later, okay?” he added jokingly.

Chanyeol was smiling from ear to ear by the time Baekhyun finished his sentence. Really, Chanyeol couldn’t be happier than right now. It was like a dream that Baekhyun actually had accepted Chanyeol. Maybe not thoroughly, but still, it was a huge step although it was just their first day together. “Baekhyun, I really like you,” Chanyeol said, a little bit unawere because he basically drunk by happiness.

Baekhyun just laughed at Chanyeol’s foolishness, “I’m also starting to like you.”

Seriously, Chanyeol felt like flying to heaven. 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

I don't even know where Sungdong is. or is that district even exist