Chapter 17

The Fortune-Teller Said That You're My Future Husband

The hospital was busy. It happened a lot especially in a bad weather like this, raining and fogging. People easily got sick, but mostly people got into accidents that made the hospital full with injured people.

Chanyeol always hated hospital. Not because of the smell like everyone did, but because the dark aura around it. Like it was everyone’s happiness. Chanyeol seriously didn’t know how the workers there can afford to work here everyday.

 Which was why his face was now all gloomy when he entered the hospital. Namjoo was calling him one hour ago to come to hospital without even told him what had happened. Chanyeol guessed maybe she fell on her foot or something. But since her voice was shaking and she seemed like crying, Chanyeol couldn’t deny that he was slightly worried.

Namjoo had text him her floor as well as her room number. He entered the room which was turned out was just a shared room with other patients. Chanyeol scanned the room for a while before he finally spotted Namjoo, sitting at her bed, still wearing her school uniform.

The girl looked up at him when she heard the sound of closing door, “Chanyeol oppa,” her voice croaked.

“What happened to you?” Chanyeol genuinely asked after he registered how a mess Namjoo looked. She had wounds in her face and hands, but it wasn’t the wounds that Chanyeol cared about. Her eyes and expression screamed fear...and guilty.

She shed her tears on her cheek, “I ran into my psycho ex-boyfriend, and...and,”

“He hurt you? Are these wounds caused by him?”

Namjoo shook her head, “this is because we got into a fight...some...somebody helped me...and...oh God.” she was now sobbing really hard as she explained.

“Namjoo-ya, calm down,” Chanyeol rubbed Namjoo’s shoulder.

Namjoo raised her head and looked at Chanyeol’s eyes, “that somebody...who helped...me...is Baekhyun oppa.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened, heartbeat increasing so fast, “what did you say?”

“Baekhyun oppa helped me...and got into a fight...” Namjoo continued, “he was badly injured, oppa...what should I do...”

It was starting really hard to breath for Chanyeol, “where...where is he?”

“Next door...” those were the only words Namjoo can utter since she was sobbing hard now.

And Chanyeol also didn’t need a complete information as he quickly moved his legs, getting out from the joined room. Namjoo’s room was in the corner at the corridor, so it was clear that the ‘next door’ Namjoo meant was the room left to it.

He didn’t wait much longer as he abruptly opened the door, not caring if he entered the wrong room. But he got it right.

Chanyeol found his heart broke into pieces when he saw his boyfriend’s figure, leaning to the wall, and restless. If Chanyeol called Namjoo a mess, then he didn’t know what to call Baekhyun’s condition.

“Baek,” Chanyeol said weakly, wanting to make sure if Baekhyun was awake.

He was. Baekhyun opened his eyes, surprised that he got a visitor, “Chanyeol?“

“Oh my God...” mumbling to himself, Chanyeol walked closer. His eyes still glued to Baekhyun, trying to register that this person in front of him was really his boyfriend. Never did it crossed his mind to see Baekhyun this injured.

“How did you—“

“Oh my God, Baek.” Chanyeol just stood one feet away from Baekhyun’s bed, not having the courage to get closer, let alone touching or hugging his boyfriend. Baekhyun looked extremely broken, almost literally. He was still wearing his uniform with blood on it, and his head was wrapped by bandage. His pretty face was livid here and there.

“Chanyeol, I’m okay,”

“What—what happened?”

“Yeollie, breath,” Baekhyun waited for mere seconds until Chanyeol breathed better, “I’m okay.”

“, you’re not okay at all, Baek. I—your head...” Chanyeol couldn’t even form a coherent sentence after looking at Baekhyun’s condition.

“I’m the one who got beaten up and you sound like the one who’s dying,” Baekhyun chuckled. “How did you know I’m here?”

“Namjoo called me,” Chanyeol stepped closer. “Baek, what happened?”

“We got into a fight with other school’s students. There were many of them while I’m alone, practically,” Baekhyun explained as he leaned his head at the wall.

Without him noticing, Chanyeol clenched his fist tight, until he realized his nails slowly dig into his skin, “how many of them?”

“Five,” Baekhyun answered, “I guess my hapkido skill isn’t as great as before.”

The thought of Baekhyun fought five men altogether had hit Chanyeol really hard. He couldn’t even imagine how difficult it must be for Baekhyun.

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun concernedly called him, seeing Chanyeol’s red face. He knew Chanyeol was holding his emotion. “Yeol, I got this many times before, it’s nothing. My head is alright, luckily that bastard didn’t hit me too hard to cause any internal injury. And these bruises are nothing.”

“What if,” Chanyeol’s voice cracked, “what if you got beaten up worse than this, and you...God, I can’t even imagine.”

“And what? Leave Namjoo alone? Chanyeol, I might be hate her but seeing her in that situation, there’s no way I left her,”

“It’s not what I meant. I just—“  Chanyeol stopped and took a deep breath, “Baek, I want you to know I’d go out of my way just to make sure that you’re okay.”

“I know,” Baekhyun held Chanyeol’s trembling hand, “I know you’ll definitely protect me if you were there.”

But I didn’t.

And that was what Chanyeol regretted the most.

~

The police station was the second place Chanyeol hated the most right after hospital. And to be in two places he hated in just one day felt like an accomplishment.

Chanyeol seriously wanted to punch the police who enforce both Baekhyun and Namjoo to testify their testimony  in that exact day. But nothing could beat how wrathful he was when he saw the five persons whom made his boyfriend suffered. He almost got himself into a fight with them if Baekhyun didn’t hold him and repeatedly whispered ‘calm down’ to him. Chanyeol never got this angry in his whole life.

It was Baekhyun’s turn to testify in the interrogation room, leaving Chanyeol alone with Namjoo at the waiting room. Namjoo squeezed his hand a little, and Chanyeol looked up to stare at Namjoo’s tired eyes, “what?”

Namjoo smiled weakly, “thank you for coming here, oppa.”

Chanyeol kept his mouth shut. He didn’t actually come here for Namjoo. He came here for Baekhyun, to support him. Enough was enough. Two days without his Baekhyun, this happened, and Chanyeol swore he wouldn’t leave his boyfriend’s side even just for a second.

“Oppa,” Namjoo’s voice was soft and weak, far from her usual annoying tone. “I need to tell you something.”

Chanyeol turned his head and found Namjoo was looking down at her palms, didn’t dare to look at Chanyeol’s eyes.

Namjoo knew that Chanyeol was listening, so she continued, “Baekhyun oppa is really kind.”

 Chanyeol’s lips formed a smile, “you don’t need to tell me that, I already know it since—“

“Do you like him?”

Chanyeol blinked, “of course I do. More than like actually but I’m not in a place to say that this is love,” he stopped for a while when he realized Namjoo was staring at him, smiling, “why are you asking me this?”

“You look the happiest when you’re with Baekhyun oppa, and when you’re talking about him,” she stated.

Chanyeol nodded and smiled, “life has been so much better since the day I met him.”

Namjoo chuckled bitterly, “and here I am, ruining your life and your relationship with him.”

“What are you talking about?”

Namjoo shut her eyes close, “at the beach,” she bit her lips to prevent her shaking voice, “Baekhyun oppa didn’t do it.”

Chanyeol’s eyebrows knit “what do you mean?”

Beside him, Namjoo looked up, staring at him with an apologetic look, “the one who poured the hot chocolate, it wasn’t Baekhyun oppa. It was me.” Tears rolled down her cheeks, “I did it because I wanted you to hate him and break up with him.”

The air was out of the room. Chanyeol can’t breath and his heart beat increased rapidly. The feel of deep horror started to creep in him as blood ran out of his face. “W-what?”

“Oppa, I’m sorry,”

Of course it was Namjoo, Chanyeol thought, remembering all the fragments that happened in the beach. Baekhyun’s surprised looked, Baekhyun’s trying to explain, Baekhyun’s teared up eyes, Baekhyun’s disappointed eyes, and Baekhyun’s blank expression.

It was so clear. It was too clear. And Chanyeol was stupid for not noticing a single thing of it. He didn’t even let Baekhyun to explain.

~

Chanyeol was the biggest coward man in the world, Kyungsoo told him yesterday.

It was already three days after Baekhyun and Namjoo’s incident, and he still didn’t have the courage to say his billion sorry to Baekhyun. He didn’t even bear to look at Baekhyun’s eyes. Every time he thought about it, he felt sick. He felt ashame of himself that he thought maybe he should voluntarily drown himself to the ocean.

“How long do you want to avoid him?” Kyungsoo said coldly to Chanyeol from across the table.

“I didn’t avoid him,” Chanyeol answered soullessly, “he didn’t go to school for two days.”

“But you didn’t go to his house either. Seriously, what kind of boyfriend are you?”

“Kyungsoo, stop,” Jongin rubbed his back to calm him down.

“No, Jongin, let me say this to him. In case you don’t know, which I’m sure you don’t, Baekhyun come to school today. If you don’t get to apologize to him today, I’ll definitely ask him to break up with you, Chanyeol. I will. I’m not kidding.”

Chanyeol wanted to protest but then he closed his mouth again. Kyungsoo was right. What kind of boyfriend he was. He was such an insensitive jerk.

“Go, dude,” Kris patted his shoulder, “before it’s too late.”

Chanyeol rose up from his seat, and ran his off out of the cafeteria.

“You seriously gonna tell Baekhyun hyung that?” Jongin asked Kyungsoo when Chanyeol was already nowhere in sight.

Kyungsoo shook his head, “no. That dumb just need some push. Come on let’s go, we can’t miss the show.”

~

Chanyeol ended up running around the corridor since he couldn’t find Baekhyun in his classroom. It didn’t matter. Now he already found his courage, he needed to go see his boyfriend at this exact moment. He can’t wait any longer, he won’t let Baekhyun slipped out of his life. He’ll never be able to handle that.

But Chanyeol always had this ability to find Baekhyun in the crowd, and he was thankful for that. Before he even had time to process that Baekhyun was now standing at the end of the corridor, Chanyeol ran his off toward Baekhyun.

He unintentionally yanked Baekhyun’s shoulder so he could face him, “Baek, we need to talk.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened in surprise, but he quickly cleared his throat and answered, “not now, Yeol. I have a guest, the president of the school who beat me up, this is Daehyun,” Baekhyun pointed at a boy whom wore a different uniform and stood beside Baekhyun.

Chanyeol spared that Daehyun guy a glance before he looked at Baekhyun again, “I don’t care about him. He can wait.”

“And you can’t wait?”

“No,”

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, slightly confused, “a-alright, but fast, okay? Because—“

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol snapped, “no, sorry is not enough because I’m such a jerk to you. And I’m sorry I just apologize to you now because I didn’t have the balls to even face you for three days—“

“Yeol?”

“I truthfully don’t know what should I do to make you forgive me. You can throw hot chocolate to my face anytime, I’m ready. Just please forgive me and—“

“Namjoo told you, didn’t she?”

“—and please...” Chanyeol stopped his words, “yes, she did.”

Baekhyun smiled bitterly, “I slightly want you to realize it by yourself instead of me or anyone tell you.”

Chanyeol opened his mouth to say something but no words came out. Chanyeol could see the hurt expression of Baekhyun. He had hurt Baekhyun, one person who he treasured the most in his life. And that thought made him wanted to jump off a cliff. “I’m sorry,” he said, almost like a whisper, “I should’ve trust you.”

Chanyeol just realized that now both of them were surrounded by many students. He could see Jongin, Kyungsoo, and Kris there. There was Jongdae, too. Even Namjoo was also there. And that Daehyun guy already stepped away, looking confuse in between other students here. Chanyeol gulped and tried to not care. He was willing to cry in front of all these people if it could make Baekhyun forgave him.

Baekhyun massaged his bandaged-forehead slowly, “it’s not that I want you to always think I’m right, because of course I could do wrong. I just need to know that you’ll always be on my side.”

Panicked, his stomach scrunched, and his legs felt weak, Chanyeol knelt down in front of Baekhyun and grabbed Baekhyun’s hand for support.

Baekhyun gasped, “Chanyeol, what are you—“

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol cut him off, “I was...I am a complete . I can’t believe myself for not believing you. I don’t know what the is wrong with me. Jongdae was right. I’m saying that I’m your future husband but I did that to you. He should’ve punched me hard right on my face. And here you are, being wonderful yourself, still helped Namjoo and worried about her though she was being a toward you.”

Chanyeol could see Namjoo smiled to them and muttered, “I’m sorry.”

Chanyeol hesitantly looked up at Baekhyun’s face, “God, Baek, you’re one of the best thing that’s happened to me. Heck, I’d give up my whole world if it meant I could be part of yours again. I don’t want to lose you.” He stopped to catch his breath, “I’ve ruined our relationship and I’m the stupidest boyfriend in the whole world. I’ll understand if you want to leave me. But please don't. I beg you.”

“Who says I’ll leave you?” Baekhyun interrupted.

“I- What?”

“You need to stop speculating, Yeol. Stop talking and start listening. That’s your main problem.”

“I will. I totally will.” Chanyeol his lips nervously, “Am I forgiven?”

Baekhyun scoffed, “You think I would forgive you just because you say sorry with a bunch of cheesy lines and kneel down in front of me?” Chanyeol felt his heart dropped, but a second later Baekhyun’s lips curved into a smile,“but, yeah, you just did. Now, stand up.”

Chanyeol kept silent for a moment and then he finally proceed Baekhyun’s words. He quickly stood up, stumbling a little a bit, before he grabbed Baekhyun’s hand, “you forgive me?”

Baekhyun nodded and chuckled, “just don’t do that again.”

Chanyeol shook his head right away, “I’ve lost your trust in me, but I’ll earn it again. Even if it takes 1 year, 5 years, 10 years to get it back, I don’t care. I’ll get your trust again.”

“Good luck with that,” Baekhyun smiled softly and it turned into a grin when he saw Chanyeol rubbed his eyes, “Don’t cry, idiot.”

Chanyeol put down his hand, slightly embarrassed, but then he also saw Baekhyun’s teary eyes, “Look who’s talking.”

Baekhyun laughed gleefully, “you are an idiot. But you’re my idiot, so it’s okay.”

Chanyeol grinned at Baekhyun’s statement but mostly because he finally could hear Baekhyun’s laugh again. He shed the tears at the edge of Baekhyun’s eyes before he put his hand on his boyfriend’s waist, and another hand at his nape, he slowly pulled him into his embrace and closed the distance between their lips.

Chanyeol heard loud gasps from people around them, he even heard squeals. He broke the kiss and looked at the beautiful face of his boyfriend, and he thought, damn he almost lost this perfect person. Chanyeol was thinking to kiss Baekhyun again when he heard someone yelled.

“Byun Baekhyun! Park Chanyeol! What are you—oh my God, kids these days. My office now!”

Both of them blinked rapidly at the sight of the horrified look of Mr. Heechul, their English teacher, who stormed out of the crowd and headed to his office. Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other for a second before they broke into laughter.

Well, they were screwed. But it was okay for Chanyeol, as long as he finally got his Baek back.

 

 

 

 

 


LONG A/N:

-I know all of you guys mentally chocked me to death because of the last chapter hahaha but hey Baek is okay yeaaay, and damn all of you are so scary and protective toward Baek >.<

-I realized some of you are starting school again today so I hope this chapter could brighten up your day kkkkk

-I get it all of you think that chanyeol deserves to suffer, but hey, I get Daehyun into the story. see what I could do for him. and one of the readers commented that she wanted Daehyun, so Daehyun it is :P

-one of the readers also suggested me to make that corridor scene, kissing and hugging and getting caught by teacher lol. thank you for your suggestion :D

-I would really loooooooove to have suggestion from you guys, you know. and I'll try as much as I could to put it on my story ;)

-anyway, I have this picture stucked on my mind throughout the writing of the corridor scene. So this is pretty much the ending scene is :3

 credit: chanyeolismyualfantasy on tumblr, and Hello Puppy

-last but not least, WELCOME BACK FLUFFY CHANBAEK!