Dobi's Ear

BLUE.
 
Dobi's Ear

 

Lee Jooyeon is her name, but she prefer to be called as Jupal. She consider herself a beauty, her nose is small and her lips is as red as blood. She already abandons her black hair for red wine colored hair that she owns now, she has tall and nice body, long legs, long arms, she is a perfect model. Popular, smart and have a lot of friend.

She was perfect inside and outside. As a model or as a woman. 'Was' is the key word.

It still lingered on Jupal's mind, how they met for the first time, what they talked about for the first time, how was her feeling for the first time for him. She still remember clearly, that morning when she first met him. Her precious Dobi.

 

It's already 8 am when she woke up. Blankly, she stared at her clock just to realize that she had class 45 minutes later. "Gosh! I'm late! Nana!" Jupal shouted. It didn't take a long time for a tall blonde girl took her entrance lazily to Jupal's room, she was brushing her teeth when Jupal called her.

"What Unnie? Late? Just get up and get ready. Why you need to be all loud every morning?" she mumbled, she still holding her toothbrush and with mouth full of foam.

"You should wake me up Na, then I wont be all loud every morning. Where's everyone? You don't have any schedule today?"

"Jogging, maybe, I don't know. Just shoot a new CF cereal. And for your information, that cereal doesn't taste good at all. It's like wet bread, yeah, wet bread, you know like bread that already wet. You get what I mean, right Unnie?" Nana blabbered with a low voice.

"Anyway, Just get a boyfriend to call you every morning Unnie, and my morning shall go all quiet and peaceful" Nana said, and as soon as she finished her sentence, a pillow hit her face.

"Just get for yourself Na, now get out and rinse your mouth. You are messing my pillow" Jupal chuckled as she got up from her bed and go to the bathroom. She washed her face and brush her teeth. She changed her pajama to simple jeans, white sleeveless t-shirt and green leather jacket. Then, she stuffed her bag with book, she grabbed her phone and put on her sneaker.

"Na, I'm going! Be a good girl and don't burn anything!" Jupal shouted as she left the house. She ran with all her might to the nearest bus station to catch up bus that will take her to her university. Good thing that the bus came 3 minutes after.

"Good morning Uncle!" she greeted the driver who actually is her neighbour with a bow and a smile.

"Morning to you too Miss!" She looked at the bus looking for empty seat, but there was none. She decided to stand up in the middle, so she could reach an empty seat when someone get off.

"Miss? Are you looking for an empty seat?" Jupal looked around to see who talked before. The voice was so deep so she expected a man in his late twenties to be the one who talked to her. Instead she found a tall boy with huge eyes and wide ears stared at her, huge grin plastered on his face. Was that boy the one who talked to her? She stared him blankly and give no response.

"Miss?" that boy called Jupal again. Huge grin seems never left his face.

"Are you talking to me?" she asked him while pointing on her own face.

"No, I'm talking to a ghost. Of course I'm talking to you Miss" he chuckled.

"This seat is empty if you looked for an empty seat" patting the seat beside him. Jupal hesitated for a second, but she decided just to take the seat. Once she sat, she put her earphone and pretend that she listened to her earphone that plays nothing.

"Miss.." he called Jupal but she pretended not hear his call.

"Miss..." he called her again with a louder voice and small chuckle.

"Yes?" Jupal hissed at him pretended to be annoyed.

"Nothing. You see I have wide ears and you set the volume too high, so yeah I kind of hear what you listen to. I think its a nice song, what song is it?" he laughed at Jupal. Jupal's face flushed red, without any hesitation she took off her earphone and curse herself. She didn't dare to see his face and quitely play with her fingers. He laughed so hard to the point his face turned red, and it didnt take a genius to see that he hold his laughter when he said, "I'm sorry Miss, I didnt mean something bad. It just that you looked so cute I couldn't hold my self to tease you" Silence filled the air once he stopped his laughter. The deep voice greet her ears again when he stood up ready to get off.

"And that's my school I have to get off, I'm sorry once again Miss" he said with a big smile. Jupal watch him go and before he get off from the bus, he gave Jupal last look and shout "Nice to meet you earphone noonaaaa!" she blushed at his words. Yeah, for Jupal, it was rare to her to met one of those cute absurd prankster kids. The thing that she remembered the most was his ear. His cute dobi's ear. He was cute, but if he didn't have that dobi's ear, he wouldn't be that cute, she thought while smiling to herself.