11

Once for only one in my life

Eunji's POV

When we entered our dorm, I saw Naeun lying on the sofa. I was so glad to see her so I walked towards her and hugged her.

Huh~ Jung Eunji!!! What are you doing?? She might think you are a player and cheating on the evil Woori. So I quickly think of an excuse and asked.

" Why don't you go back yet??? You looked sleepy."

Damn it, Eunji. What are you talking about?? Whatever. But her sudden answer made my eyes widen with confused.

" I'm waiting for you."

What? Naeun was waiting for me??? She waited for me?? No way. So I asked her again.

" Me?? Wae??? "

Her face turned into red and her head turned to other side. Is she blushing??? Oh, Naeun was blushing!!! But why?? Why was she blushing??? May be she was really waiting for me???

" Cause Bomi was alone. I'll go back now  Bye, Eunji. Hey, Namjoo-ya, I'm going!! "

" Yes!!! "

She quickly grabbed all her stuffs and ran out of the room leaving me with many confused thoughts. I was so wondered about her sudden behaviour. Then Namjoo got out from the kitchen with an apple in her hand. She joined me on the sofa.

" Unnie, you know what is love??? "

" Hmm~~ Wae yo??/ "

" Bomi unnie is so poor. I fon't understand what love is but I can feel the love of Bomi unnie to Chorong unnie. She can't over yet although it has been two years.She may pretend that she was ok but she sometimes use drinking to let out her stress. "

" Namjoo-ya, I don't really know what love is either. But I think I found love."

" Really??? Who??? Woori??? "

" No! "

" What?? You are dating Woori but you found love with someone else. Are you cheating on her??? "

" It's not like this Namjoo-ya. I can't explain you now. But I'll explain everything after our basketball champian match, ok?? "

" Arasso."

Then she continued to watched the TV. I walked into my room and threw myself onto the bed thinking about what Namjoo asked mr.

What is love??? I didn't know but I think I found someone I love.

I couldn't understand what love meant but seeing Bomi in that stage made my heart hurt. Tomorrow will be out second semister year for second year in Seoul University. Well, I , Bomi and Naeun were now second year students while Namjoo was the first year junior.

Our group would be more happier if Chorong unnie didn't make any crazy things. I sighed and my throughts flew back to the night when Bomi called us. It was about 8:00pm on the night.

 

 

Flashback

" I wonder what the two lovebirds are doing."

" May be~ they are in bed??? "

Namjoo and I gave high five but Naeun crossed her arms and glared tous. Oh, god. she was going to explode.

" You two, please stop joking about- "

" ??? "

Naeun pouted as Namjoo finished her speech.

" But unnie, they said they went to our apartment. What they gonna to do if they are in a quiet and empty dorm alone??? "

" That's why we can't go home yet."

" Whatever~ I'm not talking with you."

Namjoo rolled her eyes and Naeun turned away. I stared Naeun and realised that she was really beautiful.

That must be the point that Woori didn't like. She was always jealous to everyone who are prettier than her. Poor evil.

Suddenly, Namjoo'd phone rang.

" Oh, it's Bomi unnie."

" Finally, we can go back home. Pick up quickly."

I told Namjoo to pick up the phone and she answered it. But her voice changed and her eyebrows furrowed while listening.

Her eyes were running left to right and her fingers were playing with each other, obviously showing that she was exciting.

" Arasso unnie. Arasso. We will be there in 30 minutes. Don't think of anything and don't go anywhere. Ok?? '

After she hanged up the phone, she was so shocked as ever and her playful mode was totally replaced by smart Namjoo mode.

" Namjoo-ya??? What's wrong with Bomi?? "

" Tell us quickly!!! "

Naeun joined me and stared Namjoo. Namjoo swallowed her saliva before started to speak with a shock tone.

" Bomi unnie is crying."

" What??? "

" Why??? "

" I'm not clear. She was crying so much so I coukdn't understand what she said. The only thing I heard was 'Chorong unnie left me' ".

" No way!!! "

" It's impossibe!! How can they break up??? "

" I don't know. Unnies, it's not time to chat. Let's go back hime. We must check on Bomi unnie."

Naeun quickly picked up her car key and dragged us towards her car. She quickly drove to our apartment. I was so shock. What's wrong with those two??? I knew that they really love each other very much.

" , she doesn't pick up."

Namjoo angrily yelked. I guess she was calling Chorong unnie. Finally we reached our dorm.

We got off from the car and ran along the stairs as we didn't want to wait for the elevator.When we opened the door, we found Bomi sittling on the floor in the living room. Her face was buried in her knees which were firmly held together by her arms.

" Bomi-ya."

I called her name. She looked above us and started to cry even more. Oh, hell. Bomi never cried. She was always the mentally strongest among us. She never showed her weakness in front of us.

" Bomi-ya, what happened?? Tell us."

Naeun knelt in front of Bomi, hugged her and padded her head in a motherly way. Bomi cuddled more and buried her face in Naeun's blouse, crying all of her eyes out.

I sighed and watched the whole scence with a heavy heart. What made Chorong unnie to leave our Bomi???

Namjoo picked up a note beside Bomi and read it. Then she handed it to me. After reading the note, I thought I understood a little.

Naeun's POV

I padded Bomi's back slightly and tried to calm her down. Suddenly, Namjoo picked up a note beside Bomi and read it  Then she handed it to Eunji.

I watched how their facial expression changed after reading the note. Namjoo helped me to move Bomi on the sofa and then Eunji handed me the note. It was from Chorong unnie. I thought she left the note before she left.

" Bom-ah, I want to tell you 'sorry' the first of all. I can't stay besideeyou anymore. My parents have a plan for my future so I decuded to go to America. I tried to tell you but I coukdn't as I knew that I would have hurt you. Don't wait for.me because I'll never come back to Korea again.

I knew I was so selfish but I really am happy these days together with you. Like I've said I'm always yours. Although I can't stand with you, you are the only one for me forever. Believe me.

I know you must hate me right now as I'm the one who start the break up. But I'm hurt, too. I'm the one who said goodbye first, Bom-ah. The kind of person like me is not suitable for you. You are much great in everything than me.

You will find someone better than me one day. So forget about all our memories and take me out from your life. Have a good new life and be happy in your future. Goodbye. And I love you."

The letter was short bit I had many confused things now. She even didn't tell me about her leaving. I was so wonder why she was quiet the whole time and disappeared everyday but now they are all clear.

She was trying to go to study abroad in America without telling us. She was such a rubbish. At least, she shoukd tell me as I was her bestfriend. I sighed and put the letter on the table.

End of flashback
 

 

Still Naeun's POV
 

" Chorong unnie! "

" You naughty girl!! "

" How dare you've done this to us??? "

I shouted angrily. I was also very mad at her. Why she could leave us all of a sudden without saying a goodbye to me?? And she didn't know how Bomi changed to an another person after her leave??? She woukd have no idea at all.

I coukdn't think how Chorong unnie coukd break Bomi's heart that easily. But there's one more important thing for.me now.

I was afraid that I would fall for Eunji. Aish~~~ Why I was thinking about her again??? But Eunji was the only one who coukd come and visit my dreams every night and make my cold heart to melt.

But I was so late. She had her girlfriend already. I sighrd and themrew myself on my bed. I had to sleep now as I'd to go to school tomorrow.

Forget about Eunji. Forget about Chorong unnie. Let's sleep as I really need 8 hours of sleep to keep my beautiful face as pretty as always.

Unfortunately to me, I dreamt about Eunji again that night. Huhhhh~~~ I'm crazy now.