►FOUR

Taste of a Ballad

 

IT'S CRAZY how Yoona could get herself in a mess sometimes and her entire sense just stop working, not even able to recognise where she’s up to…

“STOP!!” She shrieked. “I don’t want to hear it anymore.” Her face went red and a frown was messing up her gorgeous face.   

“Yoona-uh!” Yuri called out in amazement. “Are you all right?”

Bestowing Yoona a shock   Huh!!!! What? Did I just say it out loud?     She glanced at Yuri; saw the surprised face staring her with those bright eyes.  Yes, definitely I said it out loud. She did hear it. Her head bowed down facing toward the floor.   What am I gonna do now?

Yuri came closer to her “Aigoooo...this girl” messing up her hair with those long fingers and chuckled.

“Have u been waiting for him?" a question came out, making Yoona completely confused. She couldn’t think of an answer, besides replied with another question "Don't you like him?"

"Of course I do.” Yuri immediately replied. “But ... I like him for you, just for you." Followed by a smile “Remember Yoona, I will never break my best friend’s heart” Only then Yoona could grin with a relief.

“You’re silly girl.” She poked Yoona’s head hard. “You never told me about him huh! OK, now tell me everything.” she scowled angrily.

“Awnnn…I am so sorry.”  Yoona slyly hugged her. “I will tell you everything now. Okay?”  

She smiled in satisfaction.  “I know he likes you. But do you know why didn’t he confess?”

“I don’t know. We are still young to be in relationship may be.”     “Ha haa may be.”

“Actually there was something between us.” Yoona claimed.

“What was it?”

“Do you know who my crush was?”      “Who? Isn’t it Luhan?” Yuri guessed, attentions were more gather; waiting the answer from Yoona.     “It was Kai.”   

“What? Seriously?” her eyes got wider in amazement.    “Yes” Yoona nodded. “When we were in 2nd year of secondary school, he was a new student in our class and he was my first crush. Luckily, I somehow became friends with him and we got closer-”

Suddenly Yuri interrupted, “Wait, wait, wait…do you know that people call you and your friends, Kai, Taeyeon and all of you as good-looking group.

“What? Really?”  

“Yes, anyway continue your story.”   “All right! Wait where I am up to?”  

“You became closer to Kai.”      “Uh! Okay. I became closer to him and with the others, like Taeyeon, Jessica and Kris I already know them before, but after the school ski trip we started to hang around more, basically became what you call a group.”

“What about Luhan?”  asked, Yuri.  

“Oh! Yeah Luhan wasn’t in that ski trip so he didn’t get the chance to become closer to them. Actually they are all friendly to him though, he was the one who doesn’t talk to them a lot.”

“But you don’t like Kai anymore. Do you? Cause I heard that you refused Kai’s confession.”

“How do you know?” Yoona was surprised by hearing the fact that she didn’t expect Yuri to know.   “Jessica told me.” She smiled broadly. 

“It was only a crush and when I become closer to him, I don’t really fell like that anymore. In fact I literately felt like I missed Luhan and our close friendship which was disappeared because of my selfishness.” Yoona frown as guiltiness grew up.   

“Arrr… it was like that. Don’t worry Yoona I will help you two to get back to normal. Okay?” Yuri pushed Yoona’s shoulder slightly with her body. That night their chitchat couldn’t stop till midnight.  

 


A few days passes. One day, while Yoona, Yuri, Kai, Jessica and Kris were all sitting in a big table at the school canteen,

Luhan and Chanyeol were walking toward the canteen and going to sit in the table next to them. "Hey guys why don’t you join us?" Yuri called out. As they looked at the group and hesitating whether to sit or not “Come on” Kai spoke up. Taeyeon offered Chanyeol a tool next to her and Luhan sat down between Kai and Kris, right in front of Yoona.

In the middle of eating their meals Yuri started a conversation "Guys don't you want to go somewhere?" The joker Chanyeol set up a joke making the whole group laugh out "Where to your house?"

Yuri rolled her eyes in annoyance and continued "I am going to visit to a village where my grandparents live this weekend with my brother. So, do you guys want to join in? It will be so fun if we all go together."

"But we have English course work to do." Jessica stated and Kris replied "But we have to hand in that course work by the end of this week. So we are all free in the weekend."        "O! Yhh I forgot Sorry." resumed Jessica.

“So we are all free! Yeah? Do you guys wanna go?" Yuri asked hopping for the answer … "Yes!" now they have confirmed that everyone from their group was going including Luhan and Chanyeol. Of course how could they refuse when Yuri kept on pleading them? 

***

Sorry guys this wasn't a good chapter.

But more of Luyoong moments will be comming soon in the next chapter ^^